US burn Koran, 14 killed in retaliation

weegie

Do you really think that had this Reverend Riffraff not burned the Koran that these people (or other people) wouldn't have been killed? These Islamists will always find something to blame to justify their acts of mass murder. These terrorists have been murdering people long before Reverend Riffraff came onto the scene. If it wasn't Reverend Reiffraff, it'd be something and/or someone else.

From what I can gleam most of the people were just protesting (though why anyone would protest in a front of a UN facility about what some private citizen in the US did is beyond me), but it sounds like the protest was infiltrated by individuals intent on using it as a cover to do some butchery.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he was trying to inform people in a way. He's illustrating the complete bat-shit craziness of modern Islam. That still kills people over the burning of paper. Paper on the other side of the world, that doesn't belong to them. And luckily, nobody has the right not to be offended. If that were the case, good things like Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher, South Park, Playboy and The Daily Show would have been criminalized years ago.

Bullshit, his motives are completely self serving. So he informs people by intentionally committing an act that he knows will get others killed. What a freekin hero.

So what? Many things get you killed elsewhere. Just reading a bible in many Muslim countries will get you killed. That's why our societies are better. That's why curtailing people's rights and freedoms because of other people elsewhere is the wrong thing to do. You should be ashamed of yourself

I'm not saying we should curtail peoples rights. I am saying that some people who exercise their rights are total assholes who have no regard for the consequences to others.

He is a crazy religious nutter, the only difference is he couldn't get away with inciting people to murder in the US.

...not by burning books...nope. That's protected speech. People died for his right to do exactly what he did.

I'm not shifting responsibility, I'm saying he shares responsibility. Bottom line, he did it to get a reaction and if he hadn't burned that Koran, those people would still be alive. I hope goes to his grave understanding that but somehow I don't think he has that much conscience.

He bears no responsibilty for the criminal actions of others.

Guest American Woman

Then what happens in the rest of the world is no concern of the United States. Afraid your track record doesn't back that up. Not to say you haven't done a lot of good at times but that statement is pretty hypocritical.

Obviously I'm speaking of our laws regarding our freedoms and how other people feel about it outside of our nation. Let's repost my full quote because I was specific in what I was referring to, which is why I qualified my statement:

I'm saying that what happens in the United States is of no concern to the rest of the world. The pastor burned a copy of a book that he owned, perfectly legal within the U.S.; whether it's acceptable to people outside the U.S. is a non-issue. If others don't like it, if others react over it, do you think we need to change our laws to accomodate them? Do you think we should make our laws around the rest of the world's sensibilities? What about our feelings? Should Canada ban flag burning because it upsets some Americans? And if some Americans rioted over it, sought out other Canadians to take revenge on, and ended up killing people, would the flag burners be responsible? I'm asking again because you completely ignored it the first time around.

Nothing there about governments, so I'm not even going to go there. But I noticed you still haven't answered the questions I raised, and considering where you're coming from, I can understand why you keep ignoring them.

...not by burning books...nope. That's protected speech. People died for his right to do exactly what he did.

Yes, the right to be a crazy religious nutter.

He bears no responsibilty for the criminal actions of others.

Like you bear no responsibility for your car being broken into if you leave your wallet and laptop sitting on the front seat.

Guest American Woman
Like you bear no responsibility for your car being broken into if you leave your wallet and laptop sitting on the front seat.

It sounds to me as if you're suggesting that a woman bears some responsibility for getting raped if she wears sexy clothes and walks down a dark street at night....

Obviously I'm speaking of our laws regarding our freedoms and how other people feel about it outside of our nation. Let's repost my full quote because I was specific in what I was referring to, which is why I qualified my statement:

I'm saying that what happens in the United States is of no concern to the rest of the world. The pastor burned a copy of a book that he owned, perfectly legal within the U.S.; whether it's acceptable to people outside the U.S. is a non-issue. If others don't like it, if others react over it, do you think we need to change our laws to accomodate them? Do you think we should make our laws around the rest of the world's sensibilities? What about our feelings? Should Canada ban flag burning because it upsets some Americans? And if some Americans rioted over it, sought out other Canadians to take revenge on, and ended up killing people, would the flag burners be responsible? I'm asking again because you completely ignored it the first time around.

Nothing there about governments, so I'm not even going to go there. But I noticed you still haven't answered the questions I raised, and considering where you're coming from, I can understand why you keep ignoring them.

I'm not saying you should ban anything, just that there are consequences to excercising your freedoms.

It sounds to me as if you're suggesting that a woman bears some responsibility for getting raped if she wears sexy clothes and walks down a dark street at night....

No, I'm saying that if you wear sexy clothes and walk down a dark street at night, you have a much better chance of being raped so don't be so surprised if it happens.

Yes, the right to be a crazy religious nutter.

Correct...."crazy religious nutters" not only have religious rights but also free speech rights, consequences be damned.

Maybe I wanted a new laptop!

Guest American Woman

No, I'm saying that if you wear sexy clothes and walk down a dark street at night, you have a much better chance of being raped so don't be so surprised if it happens.

You didn't say 'don't be surprised if your car gets broken into.' You suggested that some of the blame goes to the person who left their wallet and laptop on the front seat, just as you've been saying that the pastor bears some responsibility. Are you now saying that he doesn't bear any responsibility, only that 'he shouldn't have been surprised that riots and killings took place?' And even at that, if that's what you are saying, sounds as if you are suggesting that whenever something happens that Muslims don't like, we shouldn't be surprised if rioting and killings take place. Is that your stance?

Edited by American Woman

See Inquisition.

I'm aware of Peter du Bruis being tossed into his own bonfire of crosses by a mob angry at the act...but I'm having trouble coming-up with an actual event where someone was convicted or heresy and executed for burning a Bible. Perhaps you know of one?

You didn't say 'don't be surprised if your car gets broken into.' You suggested that some of the blame goes to the person who left their wallet and laptop on the front seat, just as you've been saying that the pastor bears some responsibility. Are you now saying that he doesn't bear any responsibility, only that 'he shouldn't have been surprised that riots and killings took place?' And even at that, if that's what you are saying, sounds as if you are suggesting that whenever something happens that Muslims don't like, we shouldn't be surprised if rioting and killings take place. Is that your stance?

I'm saying that some of the responsibility goes to the person who left their wallet and laptop on the front seat. If they were not left there, there would have been no theft. I'm also saying that he knew there would be a good chance of riots and killing because of what he did, so he does bear some responsibility.

Yes I am saying we shouldn't be surprised that whenever something happens that some Muslims don't like there may be rioting and killing. I'm not saying that is OK, on the contrary it's disgusting but it is a fact of the world we live in. I'm saying that people who would use that to advance their own personal agenda over the dead bodies of innocents are beneath contempt.

Edited by Wilber

I'm aware of Peter du Bruis being tossed into his own bonfire of crosses by a mob angry at the act...but I'm having trouble coming-up with an actual event where someone was convicted or heresy and executed for burning a Bible. Perhaps you know of one?

Maybe not for burning a Bible but they were burned for much less.

Not burning a Bible...

But how 'bout translating it into English???

William Tyndale....

Edited by Jack Weber

The answer is no. Are you maintaining that Christianity hasn't ever indulged in the same sort of intolerance and bloodshed we see exhibited by some in the name of Islam?

Goodness, no. VVitch trials in Germany alone took tens of thousands. But that was the 1600s. Even Islam has had plenty o' time to 'grow-up' since then.