US burn Koran, 14 killed in retaliation

weegie

Exactly.

Well we saw it clearly with the settler killings from several posters...it was the settlers' fault for forcing their murderers to kill them. I mean, the poor killers...what else could they have done? They had to butcher women and children close-up with knives. They were so upset about not butchering all the Jews earlier* that they could no longer control themselves.

:rolleyes:

To show their empathy with the victims forced to kill women and children, Arabs handed out candy.

* name your Arab-Israeli war.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we saw it clearly with the settler killings from several posters...it was the settlers' fault for forcing their murderers to kill them. I mean, the poor killers...what else could they have done? They had to butcher women and children close-up with knives. They were so upset about not butchering all the Jews earlier* that they could no longer control themselves.

To show their empathy with the victims forced to kill women and children, Arabs handed out candy.

Were they chocolate covered Juden Raus?

We see it in virtually all of his posts. Maybe he thinks he's slick when he tries to draw parallels between the US army and the Taliban terrorists? Or the IDF's conduct with that of Hamas? He's a one-trick pony, and I think his pony has a broken leg.

Apparently the UN Special Envoy to Afghanistan (what a shocker, he's not an Afghan and doesn't speak their language or know anything about the country in which he's working!) agrees with GostHacked. Although I can't find a quote from him directly blaming the Reverend from Florida, here's something he did say, "The demonstration was meant to protest against the insane and totally despicable gesture by one person who burned the holy Quran".

Inferring for what he said, this Yahoo! article suggests that Staffan di Mistura blames the Florida pastor for the murders. So do quite a few other media outlets carrying this Associated Press news blurb.

Check this out: "...as many as 3,000 demonstrators who overran the U.N. compound, which was protected by Afghan policemen and six U.N.-hired Nepalese guards. The crowd overpowered the guards - who are instructed not to shoot into crowds of civilians, even if they are threatening - and the police were not able to stop them, he said."

What a crazy bunch the UN is....

From the same story at Forbes.

Here's some more wisdom from this "Special Envoy to Afghanistan" (again, this man has absolutely no credentials to do this job) - "Those who entered our building were actually furiously angry about the issue about the Quran. There was nothing political there."

I guess this man isn't bright enough to grasp scenarios where religious "values" and politics overlap and feed off of one another. Just wow.

Edited by Bob

Obviously the fault, in the end, lies in the killers. But the pastor is a moron for provoking them. If you swat a hornet's nest, people are going to get stung. So just leave the nest alone for cripes sake!

Maybe the Islamic world can learn that lesson too, and leave the Western world, including Israel, alone.

If a few nuts from one 'nondenominational' type Mosque had burned one Bible, I think it's safe to say that the world wouldn't have given it a second thought;
Just as no one gave it a second thought when these "people" engraved the word "Bush" on the side of some dogs, doused them with gasoline, and set the dogs on fire.

No it`s not! Only an idiot sticks his hand in the mouth of a snarling dog.

I have stuck my hands in the mouths of many vicious golden retrievers as well as Canada's attack breeds, Labrador Retrievers and Newfoundlands, without incident.

We think God is in a box?

The Arch of the covenant is a box - Buddist have this black box that they worship...Muslims worship that rock that fell from the sky - that is in a huge black cube (box)_ in Mecca....and a Koran is sort of box like...I sat and listened to the "Spirit Of Islam" - a moderate Islamic production...the guy repeatedly said..."It is suggested" that you do such and such...I believe that Islam is like a secularist corporation...where the devotees are boxed in...this "suggestion" is actually a command and NON_compliance will be dealt with harshly....Kind of like getting fired from your corporate job for not being polically correct...Yes - humanity has boxed itself in with religion....God probably thinks we are silly in our apporach to dealing with the all mighty...as if God commands people to murder in his name - I would imagine the all mighty would find that boring...not to mention he could murder the whole universe in an instant...If he wished....as if he needs middle men or agents...The whole idea of how we concieve God is quite childish.

Agreed...this will serve to innoculate and desensitize Muslims and develop modern mechanisms for expression, speech, and protest. Like the American flag, the official method of destruction for a Qu'ran is.....you guessed it...burning!

To paraphrase Elton John, "burn down the (Q'ran) is you want to stay alive".

No different from people protesting the Mosque in NYC, or saying Islam = terrorism.

The people protesting the mosque aren't murdering anyone.

That makes it at least slightly different, wouldn't you think?

Because a small group of Muslims did 9/11, the rest seem to be punished for what they are.

Crazy religious fanatics? Yes, because some of the crazy religious fanatics did 911, and because crazy religious fanatics have conducted ten thousand terrorist acts since then, we tend to be very wary about crazy religious fanatics. Crazy religious fanatics, you see, sometimes become crazy, violent religious fanatics.

The people protesting the mosque aren't murdering anyone.

That makes it at least slightly different, wouldn't you think?

American values though secular at present are based in Christian doctrine...Murder is not excepted unless you are Jewish of Muslim...both of these semite groups take pride and create heros of historical figures that killed to get what they wanted...Jesus was different - he considered murder the killing of one self. Once a person has decided to murder - He has made forfeit his own life...all killers are the walking dead.

Apparently the UN Special Envoy to Afghanistan (what a shocker, he's not an Afghan and doesn't speak their language or know anything about the country in which he's working!) agrees with GostHacked. Although I can't find a quote from him directly blaming the Reverend from Florida, here's something he did say,

The UN's chief envoy to Afghanistan, Staffan de Mistura, blamed Friday's violence in the northern city of Mazar-e Sharif on the Florida pastor who burnt the Koran on 20 March.

"I don't think we should be blaming any Afghan," Mr de Mistura said. "We should be blaming the person who produced the news - the one who burned the Koran. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from offending culture, religion, traditions."

BBC News

Staffan de Mistura is a Swede. I am reminded of when I was looking for cites a month or so back and came across multiple stories about how Sweden had become the rape capital of Europe, and this being attributed by many to Muslim immigrants. The Swedish authorities were bending over backwards to do nothing about this. The arrest rate for reported rapes was tiny, and neither the Swedish government nor the Swedish mainstream media were showing concern about the rise in rape rates. The reason apparently being they were so exquisitely politically sensitive, so desperate to bend over backwards to not offend any of the 'newcomers' that they didn't even dare defend their own women.

I thought then that Swedish men are so far removed from their Viking ancestors they've become a joke. Swedish men have no balls. If you slap a Swedish man in the face he'll burst into tears, run away, and then come back tomorrow to apologize for provoking you.

American values though secular at present are based in Christian doctrine...Murder is not excepted unless you are Jewish of Muslim...both of these semite groups take pride and create heros of historical figures that killed to get what they wanted...Jesus was different - he considered murder the killing of one self. Once a person has decided to murder - He has made forfeit his own life...all killers are the walking dead.

You mean Jesus wouldn't be happy with Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, or Pol Pot?

I hate to say it, but the comments on this thread are even stupider than I expected! I guess I was avoiding looking at this one for good reason. In the witless, compartmentalized minds here that think a religion can be neatly separated from culture and circumstances such as extreme poverty, and endless war, these killings are all about that other religion and nothing else!

To start with, a little facts would be a big help here, and the story from AP informs us that three mullahs in particular, are believed to have played the crucial role in inciting a mob to demonstrate and look for revenge, when they led their followers out of the mosques and even drove around the city with loudspeakers inviting others to join the growing mob. They couldn't find Americans to take revenge on, so the UN became the 2nd choice. Nevertheless, the mob violence in a city in war-torn Afghanistan is enough for the usual Muslim-haters here to condemn every Muslim. Should we condemn all Christians in the world for the evangelical church mob in Uganda that burned an elderly man to death last year after accusing him of being a witch?

No doubt the resentment against years of U.S. military patrols and random bombings plays a part in the ease of inciting mob violence. Anyone here think that no one in that mob heard about the U.S. soldiers convicted of "sport hunting" Afghanis? Most likely, these three are not the exception to the rule, but merely among the few who were stupid enough to pose beside the dead bodies of their victims in "trophy" photos. I'm sure that really goes over well in any backward, religious society!

US Soldier Sentenced to 24 Years in Prison in Afghan Murder Case

Gosthacked is the classic relativist/apologist. If somebody shoots you, it's time to do some soul searching as to what you did wrong to piss the fellow with the gun off.

I wish it were applied that evenly. But sadly, that relativist/apoligist attitude is only applied to an Islamic violent act. Somebody of Gosthacked's ilk would never apply the same standard to say an abortion shooter. For whatever reasons, their reasons for violence don't matter. And we should never change our behaviors for them. We're suppose to change our behaviors only when it relates to Islamic violence. Everybody else must accept our laws and our human rights. Except for them apparently. :rolleyes:

I wish it were applied that evenly. But sadly, that relativist/apoligist attitude is only applied to an Islamic violent act. Somebody of Gosthacked's ilk would never apply the same standard to say an abortion shooter. For whatever reasons, their reasons for violence don't matter. And we should never change our behaviors for them. We're suppose to change our behaviors only when it relates to Islamic violence. Everybody else must accept our laws and our human rights. Except for them apparently. :rolleyes:

Like I said previously, Christians over here get away without being compared with Christians in Africa who kill witches and accused homosexuals, even when some of these evangelicals over here are directly connected with the African churches....so do something about the militant, violent rightwing Christianity that you guys on the far right are supporting.

Those church folks in Florida put the troops in Afghanistan at risk. Now they have this problem to deal with, on top of the countless other problems they already have. I'm sure they didn't need more to worry about.

Petraeus is already apologizing to the Afghanis for it.

Very good point, something like this could be the cause of more of them taking up arms and thus put our troops at even greater risk.

Think about the consequences before you commit action.

Should we condemn all Christians in the world for the evangelical church mob in Uganda that burned an elderly man to death last year after accusing him of being a witch?

No, only the blacks :)

And Voo-Doo :)

You think there's a security at the airports watching out for Evangelical terrorists?

Very good point, something like this could be the cause of more of them taking up arms and thus put our troops at even greater risk.

True. Our troops should never be there. Afghanistan should only be bombed from the air. Just like we did in Serbia - and mind you Serbia didn't attack us in any way.

Like I said previously, Christians over here get away without being compared with Christians in Africa who kill witches and accused homosexuals, even when some of these evangelicals over here are directly connected with the African churches....so do something about the militant, violent rightwing Christianity that you guys on the far right are supporting.

The comparison isn't really ideal. Yes, you can occasionally get a crowd of savages to attack someone or something. Witches are burned in Africa fairly frequently, as an example. And there are occasional deadly riots in India, as well. But only Muslims seem to take murderous umbrage at minor events happening half a world away in places they've never even heard of before. Only Muslims can get all bug-eyed violent because someone suggest they heard a rumor that some guy they never heard of in a country they've never been to might have drawn a picture of someone who might in some way resemble Muhammad's great aunt Ethel.

What!? Someone drew a picture of muhammed's aunt Ethel!? Find foreigners! Kill them! Hack off their heads! Argghhh!

Cue mob of screaming, howling Muslims with drool in their beards looking to kill foreigners...

Edited by Scotty