Federal Election Polls

What's wrong with making money?

Nothing, so long as it's not because some politician tilted the playing field in your direction. Then it's like theft.

Would you be OK (and if you say you would be, that's pure BS), if we hiked your income tax by 3%?

I'd be a lot happier if they raised the GST and eliminated income taxes for the middle class on down. Edited by eyeball

Nothing, so long as it's not because some politician tilted the playing field in your direction. Then it's like theft.

I'd be a lot happier if they raised the GST and eliminated income taxes for the middle class on down.

If you do that, you will hurt the poor who currently don't pay income taxes.

Summary?

The democratic electorate as a whole is smart. People are rejecting Harper and his social policy, as well as the things that they don't like, but not necessarily his fiscal policy. The Liberals, NDP, and Conservatives, when it comes down to it, have almost identical fiscal policies. Canadians as a whole (even if not as individuals) understand that and have seen through the claims of Trudeau not being ready.

If you do that, you will hurt the poor who currently don't pay income taxes.

Damn, I forgot to mention the guaranteed living wage, GST exemption for the poor and a recognition that volunteer labour is labour that should be accounted for as an in-kind contribution on your income tax return, i.e. you either get paid or get a tax break/rebate.

The democratic electorate as a whole is smart. People are rejecting Harper and his social policy, as well as the things that they don't like, but not necessarily his fiscal policy. The Liberals, NDP, and Conservatives, when it comes down to it, have almost identical fiscal policies. Canadians as a whole (even if not as individuals) understand that and have seen through the claims of Trudeau not being ready.

That was a very interesting listen. What remains to be seen is if the liberals are strict about how much they go over the deficit.

That was a very interesting listen. What remains to be seen is if the liberals are strict about how much they go over the deficit.

In a way the tories have the libs painted into a corner long term. The tories kept their promise about slaying the deficit. Now the liberals have to keep theirs. 4 years for the tories to groom a new leader, hopefully with not the same crappy branding as harper.

EKOS numbers showing Liberals and Conservatives neck and neck. LPC 33.5, CPC 32.6, NDP 22.9

http://www.ekospolitics.com/index.php/2015/10/marginally-significant-narrowing-of-liberal-lead/

The sweetest spot for Canada to be, in my opinion, would be a nearly hung conservative minority that is replaced with a progressive coalition.

We'd likely see some progress towards the end of FPTP and the gnashing of conservative teeth would be the cherry on top.

Edited by eyeball

To the point at which it balanced with the income tax cut...to ordinary middle class workers.

Works for me as long as I can irresponsibly get a low paying job, then go into debt and wait for the rich, hard-working, responsible Conservative portion of our population to bail me out. 'Cause I'm entitled, eh? :P

EKOS numbers showing Liberals and Conservatives neck and neck. LPC 33.5, CPC 32.6, NDP 22.9

http://www.ekospolitics.com/index.php/2015/10/marginally-significant-narrowing-of-liberal-lead/

Its still the liberals right now that will win it. I would be shocked if the tories pulled it out and im on team blue.

I cant explain it, the momentum "feels" like it belongs to the liberals.

Its still the liberals right now that will win it. I would be shocked if the tories pulled it out and im on team blue.

I cant explain it, the momentum "feels" like it belongs to the liberals.

I agree about the momentum. I'd have to see at least another EKOS poll in a couple of days showing the same thing before I started to take it more seriously.

My focus is on just how many seats the LPC would have to lost to the NDP in Kwebek to hurt the chances of a Liberal minority. According to that Ekos poll, the NDP are trending upwards and if you look at 308 and The Signal, they disagree heavily on the CPC seat projection for that province.

Marginally Significant Narrowing of Liberal Lead

RACE NOT OVER

[Ottawa – October 15, 2015] As we sit less than four days out from Election Day, there is precious little to report. While we thought at the beginning of the week that the race would be clarified by now, it isn’t. The gap between the Liberals and the Conservatives has narrowed slightly and the Liberals’ advantage is longer statistically significant. The NDP remains in third place, although they are still a major player in this election.

Regionally, Ontario continues to look very positive for the Liberals, while Quebec is looking very positive for the NDP. British Columbia, meanwhile, is a tight race with all three parties vying for the lead. The Liberals continue to dominate Atlantic Canada, while Alberta remains firmly in the hands of the Conservatives. The Conservatives still lead with seniors, although their advantage here has been weakened over the past week (the Hazel McCallion effect?).

20151015_slide1.png

I agree about the momentum. I'd have to see at least another EKOS poll in a couple of days showing the same thing before I started to take it more seriously.

After seeing Christy Clark win BC, I don't trust polls at all. They are amusing to follow, but that's about it.

Chrétien and Martin were hardly fire-breathing radicals. Change is gradual here.

I cannot be sad that the NDP are on the decline. They were too keen, as keen as Mulroney, to play dice with the separatists. The whole idea of shredding the Clarity Act honestly scared the ---- out of me, because it seems to me to be like waving a red flag in front of a raging bull.

I never got this one to be honest. The Clarity Act is anything but. It basically say Quebec can't separate unless the number of votes is enough but nobody has really defined what enough is.

So basically means Quebec can't separate unless ROC says so.

I thought Mulcair's stance was way more ethical than LPC's.