Federal Election Polls

A delightful plus for the Liberals, unless someone ponders on how many times they raised the Red Book up.

that was a different liberal leader and many of those old faces are gone...your point would be the equivalent of me holding the harper regime responsible for mulroney's brown bag payoffs...

so there's no blaming ignatieff for previous liberal led governments shortcomings, unlike the harper regime which has to stand behind it's own sorry record...

that was a different liberal leader and many of those old faces are gone...your point would be the equivalent of me holding the harper regime responsible for mulroney's brown bag payoffs...

so there's no blaming ignatieff for previous liberal led governments shortcomings, unlike the harper regime which has to stand behind it's own sorry record...

I'm sure he has no problem standing behind the sorry record of having the strongest economy in the western world and the quickest deficit exit strategy as well.

I'm sure he has no problem standing behind the sorry record of having the strongest economy in the western world and the quickest deficit exit strategy as well.

:lol: a strong economy only because of Paul Martin, a liberal :D ...our economic dolt of a pm predicted we'd have a surplus and NO DEFICIT!...harper the only leader in the world who didn't see the recession coming despite what the banks were telling him, any person in the building industry anywhere in Canada knew it was coming 6 months before it hit! but our economic genius of PM had no clue, luckily we had Paul Martin's foresight to see us through... Edited by wyly

:lol: a strong economy only because of Paul Martin, a liberal :D ...our economic dolt of a pm predicted we'd have a surplus and NO DEFICIT!...harper the only leader in the world who didn't see the recession coming despite what the banks were telling him, any person in the building industry anywhere in Canada knew it was coming 6 months before it hit! but our economic genius of PM had no clue, luckily we had Paul Martin's foresight to see us through...

Of course Harper knew the recession was coming. Why do you think he called an early election for October 2008?

Of course Harper knew the recession was coming. Why do you think he called an early election for October 2008?

so now you're saying harper deliberately lied and deceived us ??? I've asked the question often enough is harper an idiot or a liar? you say a liar... B)

:lol: a strong economy only because of Paul Martin, a liberal :D ...our economic dolt of a pm predicted we'd have a surplus and NO DEFICIT!...harper the only leader in the world who didn't see the recession coming despite what the banks were telling him, any person in the building industry anywhere in Canada knew it was coming 6 months before it hit! but our economic genius of PM had no clue, luckily we had Paul Martin's foresight to see us through...

Free trade and bond vigilantes would make any finance minister look like a genius.

Had martin won the election and spent all that money on social programs, we'd be in a bigger mess than we're in now.

Had martin won the election and spent all that money on social programs, we'd be in a bigger mess than we're in now.

You have to be deluding yourself if you think that Martin would have put us in a worse fiscal position. This government hasn't done bad, but money management was Paul Martin's thing.

You have to be deluding yourself if you think that Martin would have put us in a worse fiscal position. This government hasn't done bad, but money management was Paul Martin's thing.

You do know what sort of promises martin made in his last election. He cleaned out the cupboard had he won and kept them! I think that in a minority govt with harper being "difficult", a left of centre caucus, and the ndp/bloc needed to pass legislation, it would be bad news bears.

Like I said the bond vigilantes and free trade made the clinton administration look good too!

yup unlike harper pretending to be economic corporate genius never actually holding a job in that field, Paul Martin was a corporate leader and became President of CSL...

yup unlike harper pretending to be economic corporate genius never actually holding a job in that field, Paul Martin was a corporate leader and became President of CSL...

And had to say yes sir to the bond vigilantes just like clinton!

Had trudeau known what the bond market was we wouldn't be in so much debt.

Any promises he made were made before the election, be it childcare, the Kelowna Accord, or military purchases.

And I think he campaigned on these. Like harper should be campaigning on the budget he just made and paint the opposition as irresponsible instead of this coalition business.

If Harper wins ontario...he wins.

The regional support numbers by Nanos Research appear to show those efforts are paying off. Support for the Conservatives in Ontario is higher now (47.2 per cent) than it was when Nanos Research polled Canadians on March 15, before the campaign began. At that time, Conservatives had 43.2 per cent support in Ontario.

The Liberal support in the province is holding steady at about 32.7 per cent, while NDP support is on a downward trend, sitting at 15.8 per cent. The Greens are at 4.2 per cent.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/regional-poll-numbers-could-turn-over-a-lot-of-seats-for-harper/article1966649/

True enough. However I would not bother to waste my time time counting chickens just yet. The only poll that counts is the one on election day. The undecideds will carry the day, unless the non-voter decides he suddenly has cause to voice an opinion. There is the real demographic, about half of the voting population. Gain the interest of the apathetic voter and the entire game is over.

There is a reason for the apathetic voter, they are unsatisfied tax paying citizens. These folks don't think the governments do enough to warrant attention, they feel they get little for their money and the concept of being represented in Ottawa don't wash with them. Politicians speak for and do for themselves, that is the perception these folks have. Yet wake them up and see what happens.

Shhhhhh...(are you crazy?)

...tip-toe...tip-toe...tip-toe...

I wish the public would wake up. There is far too much for the government to do to keep playing games like this. Even so I relish the opportunity to vote against my sitting MP, fire him. They all need to be fired. They are supposed to be working for us, not against us. It is the good opinion of the people that support any government anyway, so why not shake the place up? Who the hell has a good opinion of government! So much waste of tax dollars, so much corruption, the state of our democracy is one of disrepair.

There is a reason for the apathetic voter, they are unsatisfied tax paying citizens. These folks don't think the governments do enough to warrant attention, they feel they get little for their money and the concept of being represented in Ottawa don't wash with them. Politicians speak for and do for themselves, that is the perception these folks have. Yet wake them up and see what happens.

Taxpayers are rarely apathetic. Not sure if there is a demographic of the non voters....but I would wager they are in the most part, 18-25 and in school or at their first job....and the remainder are divided between those whose taxes are so low that they have no pressing interest in changing that or are not interested in politics period and the fringe who do not believe in our system of government.

Hold....wiki has something...

In general, low turnout may be due to disenchantment, indifference, or contentment.

In developed countries, non-voters tend to be concentrated in particular demographic and socioeconomic groups, especially the young and the poor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout

It looks like the liberals are picking off ndp support while the tories are snapping up a lot of the undecided group, or as I call it the mdancer,guyser,bonam,capricorn,etc. group. At the end of the day that's the group that matters.

It looks like the liberals are picking off ndp support while the tories are snapping up a lot of the undecided group, or as I call it the mdancer,guyser,bonam,capricorn,etc. group. At the end of the day that's the group that matters.

I have traditionally been a Liberal voter...I turned to the dark side after the Liberals shed P Martin jr and embraced the even darker side...