Federal Election Polls

:D

The Tories are sitting at somewhere around 42% right now, 12 points ahead of the Liberals. The Liberals had little chance at the beginning of the election, now it's beginning to look a lot like a Tory majority with a distant second Liberal opposition.

Of course, things can change, but it's not like the Liberals went into this in a position of strength.

Right!

Rumble in the Jungle all the way...

Foreman was the heavy favorite all the way through until he LOST to Ali's rope-a-dope strategy in the end...

- In competitive situations other than boxing, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one party purposely puts itself in what appears to be a losing position, attempting thereby to become the eventual victor. -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope-a-dope

Just sayin', not predictin' ;)

Right!

Foreman was the heavy favorite all the way through until he LOST to Ali's rope-a-dope strategy in the end...

- In competitive situations other than boxing, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one party purposely puts itself in what appears to be a losing position, attempting thereby to become the eventual victor. -

If anything the tories are using the rope a dope strategy by running a campaign more boring than church while ignatieff is flailing around hoping something will work.

"Even if the Conservatives miss the majority, Harper will likely emerge from the process stronger, with more seats, at least in relation to Michael Ignatieff’s Liberals. That outcome could result in a change of leadership in the opposition, as Ignatieff’s miscalculation will not go unpunished. Parties do not call elections to lose seats."

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/04/conservatives-widen-poll-lead-in-canada/

Right!

Sadly,I have a better Foreman analogy...

'74...Caracas,Venezuela...Norton vs Foreman...Again...It looked good on paper...It was a complete blowout.

In fact,it was over before it started...Just like this election...

I know who won...

This ai'nt Zaire and this ain't 1974...

This reminds me more of 1984...Hearns(Cons) vs Duran(Libs)...

It looked good on paper,then it really happened...Not such a good result for Duran...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvPFKii9-A

It took this type of beating to force Duran to get back in shape to get back to the top!!!

Nope, no rope-a-dope in that one my friend, just a mismatch, but besides the first initial, Harper ain't no Hearns (far from it), eh... ;)

Then again, "Iggy" ain't no Duran either, so there's no telling how this "bout" may turn out just yet... :unsure:

My favorite in the "lower weight classes" was and still is Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray got Duran to say "No Mas", but the fight left a bad taste on the pallet of many Boxing fans.

A bad taste on the pallet may be the outcome of this election too...

Nope, no rope-a-dope in that one my friend, just a mismatch, but besides the first initial, Harper ain't no Hearns (far from it), eh... ;)

Then again, "Iggy" ain't no Duran either, so there's no telling how this "bout" may turn out just yet... :unsure:

My favorite in the "lower weight classes" was and still is Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray got Duran to say "No Mas", but the fight left a bad taste on the pallet of many Boxing fans.

The very best the Liberals can hope for in this election is something along the lines of the current status quo; a Tory minority or a very bare Tory majority (in other words, no Tories can get sick or take a vacation or decide to resign early and leave a dangerous by-election open).

There's going to be no Prime Minister Iggy on May 2. It will either be Harper with a minority or a small majority.

Could'nt stand Leonard...And there's only one Sugar Ray and that's Robinson...

I liked the Duran Leonard first match in Montreal...Duran coming up from Lightweight to challenge Leonard at Welter...

Bullied that arrogant A-Hole around for 15 rounds and then gave him a "Stick it in your areja!" gesture at the end!!

The Duran vs Hearns fight was not a mismatch whe it was made...But it became obvious what the outcome would be in very short order.I'm afraid this election is a "No doubter" also...

The question is ,"How bad will ass kickin' be?"

There's going to be no Prime Minister Iggy on May 2. It will either be Harper with a minority or a small majority.

Do not agree, if Harper gets a minority then Ignatieff will follow through on his promise not to form a Coalition, he'll call it A Cooperative and will end up as PM. But I can promise he won't have any fun at all for however long he suffers in that job.

The very best the Liberals can hope for in this election is something along the lines of the current status quo; a Tory minority or a very bare Tory majority (in other words, no Tories can get sick or take a vacation or decide to resign early and leave a dangerous by-election open).

Pretty much...

It will be a "TBA" on how ideological the Harper Government (TM?) will be...

Pretty much...

If it's a minority or a very small majority, I can see the Opposition trying to take the Government out. A slim majority is a dangerous beast as well, and the whips will become the terrifying fire-breathing monsters of the days of yore.

If it's a minority or a very small majority, I can see the Opposition trying to take the Government out. A slim majority is a dangerous beast as well, and the whips will become the terrifying fire-breathing monsters of the days of yore.

Especially if it's just a couple of seats over a potential 5 year period...

One or two bi-elections going to "wrong way" and we are back in a minority position.

Four or five slightly right of centre MP's who might be uncomfortable with some of the more strident measures a Harper majority might take and the whole thing comes down...

Pretty much...

I'll even say it once again, "whatever the outcome of this election, Canadians will get exactly the Government they deserve" no more, no less...

Whether you're as stupid as a doorknob, or an Alien genius like me, we all just get ONE vote, therefore there's a whole bunch of OTHER people that will make that decision for us all anyway... :D

Ergo, Que Sera, Sera, is how I view this election, but thanks to my wife, I've been persuaded to take a proactive role in working towards a more favourable outcome than the current polls predict...

Should those poll numbers hold in the last two weeks rather than the first two weeks, I'll simply pull a Jon Stewart and say "I give up" and go on about my life which won't be one bit affected regardless of the outcome... ;)

I'll even say it once again, "whatever the outcome of this election, Canadians will get exactly the Government they deserve" no more, no less...

Whether you're as stupid as a doorknob, or an Alien genius like me, we all just get ONE vote, therefore there's a whole bunch of OTHER people that will make that decision for us all anyway... :D

Ergo, Que Sera, Sera, is how I view this election, but thanks to my wife, I've been persuaded to take a proactive role in working towards a more favourable outcome than the current polls predict...

Should those poll numbers hold in the last two weeks rather than the first two weeks, I'll simply pull a Jon Stewart and say "I give up" and go on about my life which won't be one bit affected regardless of the outcome... ;)

So do they teach economics, commerce, and management on that UFO of yours?

Bwahahahahaha!!!

That was a beauty!

Sorry to hear that John Tory's father passed away...having given my sympathy ----let me insult his further...The old definition of a demon was a rapid moving spirit - Tory and John Moore are both very quick - and very irritating...They got rid of Michael Koren for playing both sides of the fence - the Christian Jew thing is rather strange - so is the Catholic wife of Koren - who I personally witnessed having a melt down at a same sex marriage debate ---------Koren was terrified of the gay partern of that other old sod that does the addiction councelling...but between being terrified and greedy _ Koren had set up a book stall to hustle his last get rich quick scheme. I use to be a big participator on talk radio - but seening I hate telephones and don't own one - there is no way that I can or want to sway the out come of this election. Yes - I was a holy terror when it came to assisting in the ousting of the Liberals last election.

I've been persuaded to take a proactive role in working towards a more favourable outcome than the current polls predict...

Same here. I think it'll be better. Because the trend is up, more seats in every election so far.

I already posted signs for Ray Sturgeon.

So do they teach economics, commerce, and management on that UFO of yours?

Nope, no UFO ("Space Craft" would be more accurate since I'd KNOW what it was and therefore it wouldn't be "unidentified") needed, born and raised right here on Earth just like you...

Hell, most people even think I'm - ack, gag, yuk, puke - "human", what a horrible thought that is... :D

Interesting, I think it shows that the public are fed up with trumped up scandals, the public doesn't care if Kenney used the wrong letter head or Oda had someone stamp not on a document... IMO they see the opposition as nothing but blowhards trying to grab power at any cost, rather than concentrating on the economy and pass legislation....

Polls can change in a wink though..

I actually do, they are a bad, evil corrupt government. Unfortuantely Canadians are either stupid or evil, end of story. Or the polling companies are only payroll of the CPC.

I'm very pleased the election is going ahead. Election day will tell.

I really don't agree with your view though. I can't see why anyone would vote for Harper, it makes absolutely no sense for Canadians. Anyone who votes for him is a complete selfish sellout who cares nothing about the future of Canada or the World. He delivers nothing to people only a self serving government and corporatist reality. He is the ruin of Canada, and if Canadians vote him in only the seniors of tomorrow and loyal Canadians will suffer as a result. How anyone can vote for his government is unknown - he has utterly failed at governing pro bono or pro socio. No leader is better than a bad one and Harper doesn't even qualify as scum, he is below that.

I'm very much not biased to the result since I will likely have something to complain about in the case of another minority, and they will have no excuses for being a bad government with a majority.

Self-Empowered they are oblivion, them with power I am free due to rejection of their government of disenfrancisement and wrong.

Anxious for election day even if I'm not in Canada for it.

Edited by William Ashley

Same here. I think it'll be better. Because the trend is up, more seats in every election so far.

I already posted signs for Ray Sturgeon.

Good for you...

Nope, no UFO ("Space Craft" would be more accurate since I'd KNOW what it was and therefore it wouldn't be "unidentified") needed, born and raised right here on Earth just like you...

Hell, most people even think I'm - ack, gag, yuk, puke - "human", what a horrible thought that is... :D

I'm not the one claiming alien intelligence...

If you claim to have alien intelligence, I guess earth has nothing to worry about if the aliens are real/trying to invade us.

I'm not the one claiming alien intelligence...

If you claim to have alien intelligence, I guess earth has nothing to worry about if the aliens are real/trying to invade us.

Nope again, no "invasion" necessary, we've been here (Earth) longer than you "humans" have... :D

Yup, we're real and we've ALWAYS been among you, watching you, and at TIMES even guiding you... B)