The crisis in Egypt

GostHacked

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, Canada parrots American rhetoric for Egypt:

Canada wants Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to "listen to the will of the people" and reform the way he runs the country, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon said Saturday.

Cannon told CBC News that Egyptians are obviously demanding change, so Canada is "encouraging President Mubarak and his government to go forward and put democratic reforms in place."

However, the minister said Canada is in no position to encourage Mubarak to quit politics or even leave the country, something many protesters in Egypt have been demanding over the past five days.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/01/29/egypt-canada.html

You expected something else? Shame on you...

What? More Muslims breaking the law? More Muslims not having any sense of civil decorum? Say it isn't so, here in the west we've been allowing the Muslims to take over...who cares?

Mr.Falange...

Where's your support for your ideological aparatchik,Hosni Mubarak???

And I'l bet you'll care if the Muslim Brotherhood gets its way...

Mr.Falange...

Where's your support for your ideological aparatchik,Hosni Mubarak???

And I'l bet you'll care if the Muslim Brotherhood gets its way...

Look, in 10 to 20 years max. we'll have Sharia law here in Canada. The Muslims will simply have the numbers through immigration and copulation to out vote us. Let us know how your liberal sensibilities have helped us then, ok?

Look, in 10 to 20 years max. we'll have Sharia law here in Canada. The Muslims will simply have the numbers through immigration and copulation to out vote us. Let us know how your liberal sensibilities have helped us then, ok?

So Islamofacsist running amok in Canada have replaced your Leftist/Communist bogeyman during your recent self imposed absence?

Sharia Law in 10 to 20 years..

As opposed to your self admitted rationale for a Fascist Revolution in this country?

Or a Christian Heritage party Christian Theocracy?

Good to see you've gained a modicum of lucidity during that time...

Could you elucidate my "liberal sensibilities" for everyone?

Thanks..

As expected, Canada parrots American rhetoric for Egypt:

Canada wants Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to "listen to the will of the people" and reform the way he runs the country, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon said Saturday.

Cannon told CBC News that Egyptians are obviously demanding change, so Canada is "encouraging President Mubarak and his government to go forward and put democratic reforms in place."

However, the minister said Canada is in no position to encourage Mubarak to quit politics or even leave the country, something many protesters in Egypt have been demanding over the past five days.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/01/29/egypt-canada.html

He should actually listen to the people and step down. Sacking the whole government won't buy it for Mubarak, not this time.

Why would you say that? Palestinians are fighting & dying to have their own state are they not? Just as the Israelis did/do?

That's one way of putting it. I strongly disagree, and it'd take way too long to explain why because it's so broad of an idea. As far as I'm concerned, if the Palestinians were seriously motivated to secure independence and self-determination, it would've happened decades ago.

Maybe thing isn't as worse as everyone thinks. Watching CNN-kinds's news you should just watch---that means you should just watch the video meanwhile turns off the speakers so the "story" of their "writers" will not mislead you.

When I did this way, I found it was very familiar with what I saw in Beijing 1989. There are two groups of protestors---a few mobs and many peaceful protestors.

The mobs are CNN-kinds's favored boys because they are very useful to make impressive pictures for helping the writers to sell their "stories", so they have taken over Egypt, LOL, taken over our TV screens. I think in any nation this kind of loser is just the minority of the population, they may act as tinder to spark the fire, but have no ability to control its trend.

The second group is the majority. They go to the street because they are tired of watching one guy having taken over the center of their TV screens for so long time. But this group also needs to worry about their loss if the revolution comes true. So Mubarak's strategy is just, as Deng did in 1989 Beijing, to wait and let the discontent of this group wears off on the street meanwhile position his troops for the final blow.

Anyway, that the soldiers didn't shoot protestors doesn't mean that they will not shoot them once they are given orders.

And that we can see a lot of protestors confronting dumb tanks doesn't mean they will still be there if the tanks fire.

Maybe what Mubarak is doing is just to negotiate with his "comrades" and generals of the ruling party to share the power, just as Deng did in 1989. When the negotiation is over, the "protest" will be over.

:rolleyes::unsure:

Well, I did say "parrot" instead of "poodle", because poodles can't talk.

Who is parroting whom? The response of the US and all other western nations was utterly predictable before any of them spoke. It's not like the U.S. came up with a particular response and everyone looked to them and then used it. All western democratic leaders had to say something without condemning what appears, on the surface, to be people's revolution decrying dictatorship, while at the same time encouraging caution. So suggesting that Mubarak listen to his people, and begin to institute democratic reforms was de rigeur for all of them. What else COULD they say? Condemn those people who want to overthrow a dictatorship? Demand Mubarek leave? Not bloody likely.

Why would you say that? Palestinians are fighting & dying to have their own state are they not? Just as the Israelis did/do?

Does anyone actually expect the Palestinians, assuming they do kick the Israelis out, to have a free and democratic state?

Does anyone actually expect the Palestinians, assuming they do kick the Israelis out, to have a free and democratic state?

Not really. If they ever do get their own state, it will likely be a mess even by the standard of failed Arab regimes. Still, that is the best course of action both for them and for Israel.

No...they are fighting and dying just to kill Jews...see the difference?

To argue Palestinians kill Jews simply due to antisemitism holds little intellectual weight. The Israelis want their own state (which they now have) and kill in order to keep it that way. The Palestinians kill because they want their land back from the Israelis and want their own state. Add a whole bunch of vengeance, racism/bigotry/hate, and yes antisemitism to the mix as well and we have ourselves a nice little 130 year old conflict fed by the blind selfishness & intolerance of both sides.

edit note: this is the last i'll say on the Israeli/Pal issue here, as i dont want to derail this thread.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

To argue Palestinians kill Jews simply due to antisemitism holds little intellectual weight. The Israelis want their own state (which they now have) and kill in order to keep it that way. The Palestinians kill because they want their land back from the Israelis and want their own state. Add a whole bunch of vengeance, racism/bigotry/hate, and yes antisemitism to the mix as well and we have ourselves a nice little 130 year old conflict fed by the blind selfishness & intolerance of both sides.

So...like...you mean...it would be totally OK for Israelis to kidnap and murder members of the Palestinian Olympic Team in 2016?

edit note: this is the last i'll say on the Israeli/Pal issue here, as i dont want to derail this thread.

The path to a Palestinian state is quite clear....except to the Palestinians.

Please do keep this on topic..

The other thread got hijacked by the "Hamas is our friend" crowd and the "Israel Uber Alles" drowd...

Good, because the above holds no weight at all, intellectual or otherwise.