The crisis in Egypt

GostHacked

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so some Mubarak supporters were paid to hit the streets to show support for him. Complete corruption.

What, did you think the whole society would just roll over? The Iraqis are watching this story too with great interest, having been accused of being Ali Baba looters by Egyptians. The worm turns....

As for the paid thugs, this happened in Quebec too, no?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Besides the fact that you don't seem to have a very good historical grasp of things and base your "theory" on wishful thinking almost 100 years later...

I'll leave the rest of your missive for others to comment on...

The point is, getting involved in other people's fights only seems to keep setting the stage for the next one. The pattern is pretty clear.

The point is, getting involved in other people's fights only seems to keep setting the stage for the next one. The pattern is pretty clear.

Indeed, we need to just stay out of it and let the Egyptians solve the issue now. No one else can help them but themselves. If we let them do that, there is a better chance that it will reduce the outside influence.

That makes no sense at all in relation to WW1...

The "West" had no choice to get involved through a cascading treaty effect...

Your problem is with Gavarillo Princep....

Colonies are inextricably linked to the home country...In other words,the "West" had no choice at all...

Edited by Jack Weber

Indeed, we need to just stay out of it and let the Egyptians solve the issue now. No one else can help them but themselves. If we let them do that, there is a better chance that it will reduce the outside influence.

This is true,however...

What are we going to do if,as is my fear,the Islamofascist's take control of Egypt and other Arab nations in fairly rapid order?

Because,if that happens,we WILL be involved,whether we want to or not....

Edited by Jack Weber

This is true,however...

What are we going to do if,as is my fear,the Islamofascist's take control of Egypt and other Arab nations in fairly rapid order?

Because,if that happens,we WILL be involved,whether we want to or not....

Even then we should not get involved. The UN and I guess the west is already getting involved by having ElBaradei return to the country a week before all this blew up. What outside influence has the Muslim Brotherhood had?

Thanks..My typos,notwithstanding...

I pride myself on having a good grasp of things historical.I find this allows me to understand why things are happening right now.

This is the reason why I don't have alot of hope for a positive outcome in what is going on in the Arab world right now.

Without hijacking this thread and turning it into a WW1 history thread,The French wanted to get back at Germany...Not just because they had been invaded in 1914,but for the more insulting invasion and occupation of 1870 and'71 during the Franco-Prussian War.This a war brought on by French arrogance and insecurity over the rising fortunes of the newly created German nation under Bismarck.Tyey chose to intigate and attack Germany and the result was German soldiers camped out on the Champs Elysees...

Bringing on the old joke...

"Why are there trees planted on the Champs Elysees???"

"Because the Germans like to march in the shade!"

The fact of the matter is that at Versailles both Clemenceau and Foche demanded the punishing elements of the treaty above all objections,especially from the Brits!The French arrogance increased by originally telling Orlando of Italy that the Italians would get some of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire lands plus reperations...Orlando got exactly diddley squat,and the world got Benito Mussolini for its troubles...

The French vengeance and cowardly insecurity are all over the Treaty of Versailles..And the whole world had to return almost 20 years later to fix it...

that's an over simplification the root of conflicts go back much further, Cardinal Richelieu's Louis XIII's chief minister(1624-42) and his expansionist policy to establish france's border on the Rhine...

Even then we should not get involved. The UN and I guess the west is already getting involved by having ElBaradei return to the country a week before all this blew up. What outside influence has the Muslim Brotherhood had?

Well....

The El Baradei stuff about him coming in as some sort of democratic White Knight in a complete joke...

It seems almost as Machiavellian as grass roots Mubarak supporters just happening to show up...

El Baradei is the choice for the powers that be maintain the status quo as close as they can.The drivel about democracy in Egypt is just that...

Outside influence for the Muslim Brotherhood???

How 'bout we start with Al Quaeda through the House of Saud (Wahhabites)?

How 'bout Iran through groups like Hezbollah?

Well....

The El Baradei stuff about him coming in as some sort of democratic White Knight in a complete joke...

It seems almost as Machiavellian as grass roots Mubarak supporters just happening to show up...

El Baradei is the choice for the powers that be maintain the status quo as close as they can.The drivel about democracy in Egypt is just that...

Outside influence for the Muslim Brotherhood???

How 'bout we start with Al Quaeda through the House of Saud (Wahhabites)?

How 'bout Iran through groups like Hezbollah?

the saudi dynasty is pro mubarak and does not support the pro democracy crowds...so how is it they support the muslim brotherhood which is anti-mubarak and pro democracy?

the saudi dynasty is pro mubarak and does not support the pro democracy crowds...so how is it they support the muslim brotherhood which is anti-mubarak and pro democracy?

The likes of Ayman El Zwahiri is pro-democracy???

The Muslim Brotherhood is an Islamofascist organization,plain and simple...

that's an over simplification the root of conflicts go back much further, Cardinal Richelieu's Louis XIII's chief minister(1624-42) and his expansionist policy to establish france's border on the Rhine...

We can go back to the Teutonic Knights if you like...

As it relates to the Treaty of Versailles,The Franco-Prussian War of 1870-'71 coupled with the successful "late-comer" unified German colonial power under Bismarck are the relevent demarkation points...

The loss of the Alsace-Lorriane,including Strasbourg,being one of the HUGE sticking points for the French...

Edited by Jack Weber

Indeed...the USA did not start your nasty royal wars, but it sure as hell finished them.

As usual, we do the heavy lifting, you do the clean up and take all the credit...

When you go that route of "what started it" why not go all the way back to the Germanic tribes, the Huns, eh... :blink:

Edited by GWiz

I can do all those things and "troll" too.

Everyone's laughing at you.

Whenever you start loosing an argument you revert to trolling - that's your trademark.

Even though you're anonymous, you still act like a coward, THAT is pathetic.

I don't have to run away for months at a time...

Getting bored isn't running away. Trolls always have an over-inflated online ego - it compensates for real life.

and it is still a lot of fun for me.

Trolling is for people who don't have healthy social lives.

But who are you to say anything? You just called me a self-hating Jew because I don't conform to your bigoted notion of what a Jew is. Kind of hilarious that this is coming from a black "neocon" who keeps complaining about how people always put words in his mouth and make assumptions about him.

As I said earlier, you're a joke - nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Do you also presume to know what's best for other forum members?

In some cases I do. Doing Meth is always bad. Self-harming is always bad.

And time spent trolling is always time wasted - you could be talking or actually hanging out with friends instead of pissing off strangers, it's way more healthy.

Everyone's laughing at you.

Whenever you start loosing an argument you revert to trolling - that's your trademark.

Even though you're anonymous, you still act like a coward, THAT is pathetic.

Getting bored isn't running away. Trolls always have an over-inflated online ego - it compensates for real life.

Trolling is for people who don't have healthy social lives.

But who are you to say anything? You just called me a self-hating Jew because I don't conform to your bigoted notion of what a Jew is. Kind of hilarious that this is coming from a black "neocon" who keeps complaining about how people always put words in his mouth and make assumptions about him.

As I said earlier, you're a joke - nothing you say can be taken seriously.

In some cases I do. Doing Meth is always bad. Self-harming is always bad.

And time spent trolling is always time wasted - you could be talking or actually hanging out with friends instead of pissing off strangers, it's way more healthy.

Nice evisceration...

Probably won't work though...

Obdurate buffoons are funny that way...

Edited by Jack Weber

Absolutely. Well put. Egypt virtually cleansed itself entirely of its Jewish population. According to Wikipedia, Egypt used to have around eighty thousand Jews in the 1920s. After Israel's establishment and the virulent growth of anti-Semitism arising from rejection of Jewish independence in Israel, Egypt removed its Jewish population. Obviously I am oversimplifying the story, but anti-Semitism was rampant - mass murders, bombings, attacks, and arrest all targeted at the Jewish community and completely unjustifiable.

The key here is - that anti-semitism that does exist is rooted in anti-zionism. Muslims do not have any more of an inherent irrational hatred of Jews than Christians do. It just has been amplified by what has taken place in Israel.

I've said this before and I'll say this again - had Christians been the dominant religious group in the region when Israel was created, do you really think Jews wouldn't have had to flee all Christian nations for the new homeland?

Clearly JB Globe is trying to downplay this, as he doesn't want to consider the possibility that his little anecdote with nice folks in Egypt just isn't that important.

It's not just an anecdote - it's fitting that the video you posted as an example of anti-semitism didn't contain anyone bashing Jews in general, just Israel.

Many Egyptians can make the distinction. Some can't.

I won't share my anecdotes of conversations I've had with with seniors who fled Egypt during the 50s and came to Israel.

You could if you want, I'm sure they're pretty horrible.

But guess what - things change in 60 years.

The cynic in me feels that Scotty is completely right when he suggests that you, in a way, became the useful idiot that anti-Semites and anti-Zionists love - a Jew who will listen intently and nod understandingly while they spew their vile perspectives.

What vile perspectives? Were you in the room with me?

They didn't really say anything that isn't said by a good chunk of the Canadian population. But then again, you think most Canadians hate Jews, because Canada is a lefty country and lefties are anti-Semitic most of the time.