The crisis in Egypt

GostHacked

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB Globe - Allow me to ask you a simple question. Do you think the video I posted in here with the Egyptian protestors/rioters speaking with Nic Robertson is an example of anti-Semitism? Is wishing for the destruction of Israel anti-Semitic?

Not necessarily..

Anti-Zionist?

Yes...

Anti-Semitic?

Not really,unless one thinks the first is inextricably linked with the other...As the Israel Uber Alles crowd does...

Edited by Jack Weber

May not be able to set them up initially, but the US sure does help in supporting dictators, .. how much did Mubarak get? Recall Saddam Husein ? How about some Latin America dictators like Maximilio Hernández, General Manuel Noriega, Roberto Suazo Cordova, this is just to name a few.

Do not confuse Bobby with anything about US foreign policy,and the short sighted actions of the US State Department,that does'nt invlove Israel...

You'll find he's not terribly clued into those things...It has alot to do with Nationalistic Myopia..

Again...

Let's play cards!!

http://friendlydictators.blogspot.com/

Edited by Jack Weber

Maybe, I think what most of Europe is finally ridding itself of or leaving, more to the point, is what will one day perhaps be known as The Age of Empires. The folly of going rogue and projecting one's power to the far corners of the globe for the greater glory of God, King and Country et al has or is finally begun to sink in.

It's just a god damn crying shame the rest of the West didn't stay the hell out of WW1 and let Europe settle it's differences then, before everyone had nukes. It's entirely possible Hitler would never have emerged, communism probably wouldn't have gained anywhere near the traction it did, and we'd be living in a world none of us would recognize.

I'm betting we'd looking up at new cities on the Moon and launching our first ships to the stars by now.

Could you elucidate for everyone how "The West" could have stayed out of WW1?Frankly,it was the last Imperial/Clonial war and most of "The West" was/were still technical colonies.Only the US was not and came to the party a little late..

It was the Imperial powers of Europe,particularily the French,who drafted the Treaty of Versailles,which is why it was such a "vengeance treaty" and NOT a peace treaty.That "Treaty" is the basis for the raise of NAZISM in Germany and has nothing to do with the rise of Communism in Russia....

It's about time to stick a fork in that bullshit argument of U.S. benevolence to Egypt!

F.A.Q. on U.S. Aid to Egypt: Where Does the Money Go—And Who Decides How It’s Spent?

According to the State Department, U.S. military aid to Egypt totals over $1.3 billion annually [5] in a stream of funding known as Foreign Military Financing.

And who benefits from the 1.3 billion Egypt receives for military spending?

Obviously the aid benefits Egypt’s military and whatever government it supports, which has so far been Mubarak’s.

Egypt can purchase this equipment either through the U.S. military or directly from U.S. defense contractors, and it can do so on credit.

The other group that benefits from this aid arrangement is U.S. defense contractors [11]. As we reported with Sunlight Foundation, contractors including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, General Electric, Raytheon and Lockheed Martin have all done business [12] with the Egyptian government through relationships facilitated by high-powered DC lobbyists.

So, guess who's lobbyists will be banging on the doors in Washington if they actually did cut off military aid? But, wait a minute! Doesn't the U.S. send economic aid?

U.S. economic aid to Egypt has declined over the years, but is generally in the hundreds of millions annually.

Some of this aid also comes back to benefit the U.S. through programs such as the Commodity Import Program [5]. Under that program, the U.S. gives Egypt millions in economic aid to import U.S. goods. The State Department, on its website, describes it as “one of the largest and most popular USAID programs.”

It seems that both the military and the economic aid sent to Egypt has a strong self-serving aspect to it. Also worth consideration are the intangibles, such as unqualified support for U.S. policy in the Middle East, and special arrangements such as giving U.S. naval ships the front of the line priority when transiting the Suez Canal. So, who really has the most to lose if these ties were cut? You and the other warhawks, and the celebrity warhawks on Foxnews and elsewhere, seem to think the U.S. has some right to run every country in the world to serve its own interests. But the days of U.S. Empire imposing its will on the world is coming to an end, one way or another.

I'm not shocked that 'aid" for a Fascist like Mubarak goes almost soleley to his military...That's been the MO of the US State Department for 70 to 80 years.In this case,not only does it line the pockets of the corporations you mentioned,but most importantly,it is a strategic play to protect Israel's Western flank.

If the clips Bobby has provided are any indication,that protection may be in flux very shortly....

Could you elucidate for everyone how "The West" could have stayed out of WW1?Frankly,it was the last Imperial/Clonial war and most of "The West" was/were still technical colonies.Only the US was not and came to the party a little late..

It was the Imperial powers of Europe,particularily the French,who drafted the Treaty of Versailles,which is why it was such a "vengeance treaty" and NOT a peace treaty.That "Treaty" is the basis for the raise of NAZISM in Germany and has nothing to do with the rise of Communism in Russia....

<bold by me>

Well done Jack, very pleased to meet you... You seem to have a good handle on the truth, at least historically speaking... Very accurate description of the time...

I'm not shocked that 'aid" for a Fascist like Mubarak goes almost soleley to his military...That's been the MO of the US State Department for 70 to 80 years.In this case,not only does it line the pockets of the corporations you mentioned,but most importantly,it is a strategic play to protect Israel's Western flank.

If the clips Bobby has provided are any indication,that protection may be in flux very shortly....

Again, quite accurate... I'm not so sure though if the protection of Isreal is the prime motivator... Profitability and greed, in my view, are much more important factors... In other words "it's complicated"...

Watch the stock markets (US and Canada) they'll tell you the real story of whether something is "favourable or unfavourable" to corpotations... According to THAT measure what's happening in Egypt is very GOOD FOR BUSINESS...

I notice that on day 9 of the uprising the "brown shirts" have come out, soon to be joined I'm sure by strangely absent "security forces and police" of Mubarak...

<bold by me>

Well done Jack, very pleased to meet you... You seem to have a good handle on the truth, at least historically speaking... Very accurate description of the time...

Thanks..My typos,notwithstanding...

I pride myself on having a good grasp of things historical.I find this allows me to understand why things are happening right now.

This is the reason why I don't have alot of hope for a positive outcome in what is going on in the Arab world right now.

Without hijacking this thread and turning it into a WW1 history thread,The French wanted to get back at Germany...Not just because they had been invaded in 1914,but for the more insulting invasion and occupation of 1870 and'71 during the Franco-Prussian War.This a war brought on by French arrogance and insecurity over the rising fortunes of the newly created German nation under Bismarck.They chose to instigate and attack Germany and the result was German soldiers camped out on the Champs Elysees...

Bringing on the old joke...

"Why are there trees planted on the Champs Elysees???"

"Because the Germans like to march in the shade!"

The fact of the matter is that at Versailles both Clemenceau and Foche demanded the punishing elements of the treaty above all objections,especially from the Brits!The French arrogance increased by originally telling Orlando of Italy that the Italians would get some of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire lands plus reperations...Orlando got exactly diddley squat,and the world got Benito Mussolini for its troubles...

The French vengeance and cowardly insecurity are all over the Treaty of Versailles..And the whole world had to return almost 20 years later to fix it...

Edited by Jack Weber

Well, youttube is blocked at work. And I am now watching the exact same video feed on Fox and BBC ... I bet it would be the same feed on CNN and most of the other MSM.

Yes, but you said Fox first....and that is funny considering all the vitriol that network gets around here.

Don't be blocked by anyone...get a data plan!

Yes, but you said Fox first....and that is funny considering all the vitriol that network gets around here.

Don't be blocked by anyone...get a data plan!

When I am at work, there is no way around it. And yes I said Fox. I am no fan of Foxnews, ... and it's the same feed as the BBC .... so not sure what you are complaining about.

Again, quite accurate... I'm not so sure though if the protection of Isreal is the prime motivator... Profitability and greed, in my view, are much more important factors... In other words "it's complicated"...

Watch the stock markets (US and Canada) they'll tell you the real story of whether something is "favourable or unfavourable" to corpotations... According to THAT measure what's happening in Egypt is very GOOD FOR BUSINESS...

I notice that on day 9 of the uprising the "brown shirts" have come out, soon to be joined I'm sure by strangely absent "security forces and police" of Mubarak...

I think it's a dual purpose...

1.Keep the Islamofascist dogs away from Israel and perpetuate the Saddat tradition of secular Egypt/Israeli relations.This is not necessarily a bad thing...

2.Protect the Suez Canal,which has been a hot spot since Nassar...

Excellent take on the stock market!I think this is going to be a long term thing.If the Islamofascists get control of Egypt and the Suez,the oil companies are going to make out like bandits.

I've also noticed that there seems to be a notion that the pro-Mubarak supporters are getting paid.This is standard Fascist MO...Hitler paid his thugs,Mussolini paid his thugs,Franco paid his thugs,Salazar paud his thugs...etc...And in Egypt,being such a poor country,I'll bet it takes very little to buy ones loyalties.And seeing as Mubarak and his henchmen have all the money,the fearful will flow back to him....

Another thing I wish people would keep an eye on...The Bankers...Mr.Mubarak is simply buying time to try to rape as much wealth out of Egypt and put into Swiss bank accounts as he can before he makes his hasty retreat...

Edited by Jack Weber

When I am at work, there is no way around it. And yes I said Fox. I am no fan of Foxnews, ... and it's the same feed as the BBC .... so not sure what you are complaining about.

I am not complaining....I am just laughing at your go-to choice!

How could "work" block your personal 4G data plan? Do you work inside a mountain bunker?

Not good enough and completely impossible...

How would subjects of the British and French empires not follow their colonial overlords???

By walking away.

But in any case, it is what it is and now it's completely impossible for the West to exist without an Iron Curtain of it's own to keep it's Empire in line.

Edited by eyeball

By walking away.

But in any case, it is what it is and now it's completely impossible for the West to exist without an Iron Curtain of it's own to keep it's Empire in line.

Besides the fact that you don't seem to have a very good historical grasp of things and base your "theory" on wishful thinking almost 100 years later...

I'll leave the rest of your missive for others to comment on...