Why is this aircraft being based in Afghaistan just before the withdra

http://www.thespec.com/news/world/article/308368--canada-s-new-hercules-arrives-at-kandahar

It strikes me as odd you would assign an aircraft to be based in afghanistan just months before the withdrawl.

A decision has not yet been made on whether the new aircraft will stay in Afghanistan after Canadian troops begin a training mission in Kabul in July.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/01/02/hercules-kandahar.html#ixzz19wjytmnu

hmmm???

Edited by William Ashley

http://www.thespec.com/news/world/article/308368--canada-s-new-hercules-arrives-at-kandahar

It strikes me as odd you would assign an aircraft to be based in afghanistan just months before the withdrawl.

hmmm???

New airplanes replacing old ones, what's so surprising about that? Guess we should just keep the old ones there so we don't get the new ones dirty.

Edited by Wilber

hmmm???

Makes sense to me! How do expect us to get our men and materiel home? If we've now got it we might as well get used to using it.

Afghanistan is irrelevant in the context of this purchase. The old Hercs have been in service for 50 years and have performed admirably. These new hercs will be around for probably 30 or 40 years and will serve many purposes, both abroad and at home. How else to get men and equipment where they are needed - across the country and around the world?

Why base them in Afghanistan though? Why wouldn't you base the out of a Canadian Forces base in Canada?

If they are doing "daily supply runs" what difference does it make?

Or are you saying they are dropping to various locations?

Are they dropping to more than just Canadian forces?

Is this training mission also a "supply mission"

In areas where planes can be shot at... 250 million dollar planes.

Also you'd think a convoy would cost less than a plane for supply runs.

Also you'd think that once in Kabul there would be no need for heavy load as it is just a training mission in classrooms and stuff - right? - why can't you aquire food from domestic supply? Surely the government and schools there must get local supplies, why can't the CF? Must be cheaper than flying it in half way around the world.

Doesn't make sense why you need heavy lift...?

Edited by William Ashley

Why base them in Afghanistan though? Why wouldn't you base the out of a Canadian Forces base?

WHat can I say, please show that these craft are based in Afghanistan. Then show how they were able to move CFB Trenton to Aghanistan.

Your posts are always riddled with errors, you do not correct your errors even though you have been informed of them (SEE THREAD TITLE) and you generally post idiot ramblings....do me a favour. Research your idiotic ramblings before you post.

No, we've always had aircraft based in Afghanistan. Now though, instead of having them based in the UAE also, we have them at other locations.

Whether they are in Afghanistan, or elsewhere, TRenton is their base.

Why base them in Afghanistan though? Why wouldn't you base the out of a Canadian Forces base in Canada?

If they are doing "daily supply runs" what difference does it make?

Or are you saying they are dropping to various locations?

Are they dropping to more than just Canadian forces?

Is this training mission also a "supply mission"

Also you'd think that once in Kabul there would be no need for heavy load as it is just a training mission in classrooms and stuff - right? - why can't you aquire food from domestic supply? Surely the government and schools there must get local supplies, why can't the CF? Must be cheaper than flying it in half way around the world.

Doesn't make sense why you need heavy lift...?

Let's keep them all in Trenton and just look at them. We wouldn't want any of their paint getting scratched.

William, you have just made a fool out of yourself with this one, I can't believe you would come up with something this stupid, your hatred of harper is turning you into a idiot. Let me guess you are voting for dalton this year.

WHat can I say, please show that these craft are based in Afghanistan. Then show how they were able to move CFB Trenton to Aghanistan.

Your posts are always riddled with errors, you do not correct your errors even though you have been informed of them (SEE THREAD TITLE) and you generally post idiot ramblings....do me a favour. Research your idiotic ramblings before you post.

Neither do you. Pot calling the kettle black, here.

hahaha! I just had to quote this one for posterity... "In areas where planes can be shot at...." what exactly do you think the canadian forces do?

Also, do you think you can run supplies and move people from germany and cyprus more efficiently by land convoy than by air?