Leftist Fascists Strike Again

Shady

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have let her speak. I remember a plot line on the 70s series "The Paper Chase" that was exactly about this very thing.

These people shouldn't be considered typical liberals, any more than the conservatives on this thread who want to beat them up should be considered typical.

faaaaaaaaar left fringe NDP supporters....

Are you sure it is only a disgrace to "Canadian institutions of post-secondary education as a whole?" Why not Canada as a whole? Heck, let's not stop there, how about Western Civilization as a whole? Or, by extension, all of humankind as a whole? Or all living things as a whole? How about we agree that it was a discrace to all objects and concepts in all universes as a whole?

Gosh, no, that would be hyperbole. :lol:

Shrug, perhaps I went too far to apply it to Canadian post-secondary institutions as a whole, though no doubt the events would have proceeded little differently at most other Canadian universities, but it is certainly a disgrace to Waterloo.

By "not at all" do you mean "precisely", or do you know nothing of the history of fascism?

Your equating of the use of force to fascism is juvenile. When one fights for freedom, one isn't being fascist. Your mindset is bizarre to say the least.

But they got their message out. Why are you trying to suppress them? Just another example of right wingers trying to shut down the free expression of ideas. And why so quick to resort to violence? :lol:

And what was their message? Seems like it was "Hi! Nice to see that you've gone to a lot of time and trouble to have yourself a meeting with a speaker that interested you. However, we're here to act like douchebags to make sure that your meeting will be ruined and you will not get to hear your speaker! We're doing this as an exercise of our right to free speech. As for your right to have your own meeting, too bad, so sad, we simply don't respect that. Now, aren't all you casual observers out there in mainstream Canada impressed with us?"

I mean, calling Blatchford a racist? That just shows their ignorance! Anyone who has ever followed her writings would know that to accuse her of racism is about as ridiculous as accusing Mother Theresa of the same crime! They obviously were just looking for a convenient strawman symbol and Blatchford was the only one handy. Drama queens, the lot of them!

Douchebags and thugs, as well. Just parasites who seek publicity by ruining someone else's parade. It takes wit and effort to plan and organize an event. Any adolescent moron can walk in and disrupt it. God help me if one of them ever turns out to be my surgeon!

Edited by Wild Bill

You'll love it, Scrib! Better get a copy quickly before CR and his crowd start burning it...

LOL I'm heading south in a few days and found a place on line that's cheaper than Amazon so will order it when I get down there.

Too bad people don't want to read a factual accounting of what happened, and too bad that issues like this cannot be discussed in a civil manner without the name calling, as evidently the name calling does work to suppress viewpoints the left doesn't like.

It was a doctoral student too, sheez, but I suppose this is what the universities are churning out these days - too bad.

What is she famous for? I know she's a newspaper writer but I never heard of her name connected to any controversy.

Not much....she was a sun "nothing" columnist in the 80s...writing about nothing before Seinfeld made it famous...her beat is justice, war....actually, he beat is what ever she wants it to be.

But they got their message out. Why are you trying to suppress them? Just another example of right wingers trying to shut down the free expression of ideas. And why so quick to resort to violence? :lol:

People with differing views handed out their material to people entering the auditorium without incident, as this article explains.

The same group also held a "teach-in" which was not disrupted by protesters.

These morons were allowed to express themselves, without incident. If that had been all they had done, we wouldn't have a thread here, would we, Bubbles.

When they took to the stage, as Marigold herself explained:

“We don’t want people who are really, really racist teaching [the people we love],” said Marigold of Blatchford. “And we don’t want that person to have a public forum because it makes it dangerous for others in the public forum.”

“Our goal was to not let her speak, we accomplished that.”

-Tallula Marigold.

It appears that some people believe that every single little event is elaborately emblematic.

Well, maybe not elaborately emblematic... but there seems to be a bit of a trend.

-k

...viewpoints the left doesn't like.

Bullshit. I'm "the left" and I have read her columns and agreed with much of what she has said. Your attempt to make these "protestors" into mainstream leftists does your argument no good. It makes you seem like a kook. :rolleyes:

Someone change the thread title because this has nothing to do with political leanings. Shame on you shady.

It has everything to do with political leanings. This is just another example, in a long line of examples of how leftists love to shut down free speech.

It has everything to do with political leanings. This is just another example, in a long line of examples of how leftists love to shut down free speech.

I'm "leftist" and I think they should have been tossed from the event. Ergo, all leftists support free speech, just like me, no? Or is that a generalization that has no merit? Is there a spectrum from all political leanings that would rather not hav the opposition voices heard? Isn't that more accurate? Or do you stand by your statement that all leftists want to "shut down free speech"?

Your equating of the use of force to fascism is juvenile. When one fights for freedom, one isn't being fascist. Your mindset is bizarre to say the least.

So...We can take it that the above obfuscation(and who did'nt see that coming)is an essential "No" when it comes to history or any appreciable knowledge of Fascism???

Leftist Fascist/Brownshirts...

You take the cake,Professor... :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Jack Weber

In this case it does seem to be appropriate, heck doesn't it really amaze you how some protesters believe that they are defending free speech by denying the other side an opportunity to be heard. Free speech is certainly not alive and well in Canada and this is just another horrific example. What benefit is there to a university education if all it does it teach how to ignore other view points and shut them down rather than to think critically by exploring alternatives. Sad....

One can easily see this is a reoccurring theme in post secondary institutions. As a present student I am inundated with far left views on a daily basis. The professors don't try to hide their political views and the students refuse to challenge them out of fear of retribution or possibly respect, thinking these academics are far too worldly to be questioned. Unfortunately some students mindlessly subscribe to the far left propaganda they are shown and this is the product; an attempt to silence all those who disagree with them.

Edited by G.P. Lehmann

One can easily see this is a reoccurring theme in post secondary institutions. As a present student I am inundated with far left views on a daily basis. The professors don't try to hide their political views and the students refuse to challenge them out of fear of retribution or possibly respect, thinking these academics are far too worldly to be questioned. Unfortunately some students mindlessly subscribe to the far left propaganda they are shown and this is the product; an attempt to silence all those who disagree with them.

Similarly, in the business world there is no holding back in one's views that labour is greedy, lazy, and that work is better when it's shipped to offshore countries with cheaper labour.

There's only so much you can mitigate the prevailing political environment in any area of human activity.