Leftist Fascists Strike Again

Shady

Similarly, in the business world there is no holding back in one's views that labour is greedy, lazy, and that work is better when it's shipped to offshore countries with cheaper labour.

Pardon?

Those debates are lively and often unemotional...and are accompanied by facts and figures. Businesses do not outsource for the sake of it, or because they feel workers are greedy....but only when there is sound business reasons for doing so...and even then those reason can be wrong and come back to bite them in the ass.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those debates are lively and often unemotional...and are accompanied by facts and figures. Businesses do not outsource for the sake of it, or because they feel workers are greedy....but only when there is sound business reasons for doing so...and even then those reason can be wrong and come back to bite them in the ass.

I'm speaking to GP's point about political discourse in his/her environment.

Business is marginally less emotional than a gaggle of leftists students, though, I'll give you that.

I'm speaking to GP's point about political discourse in his/her environment.

Business is marginally less emotional than a gaggle of leftists students, though, I'll give you that.

Yes but having a contrary view point, if it is well reasoned will not be a guarantee to earn you acrimony (although as anywhere, it is possible) or a loss of respect. In fact one of the key issues facing boards these days is the issue of board diversity (which doesn't mean having one mocha or one transgendered drag queen sitting on the board). Often boards, because of how they are formed, have too many like minded individuals and they fall into the trap of "group think". Firms are starting to recognize that having a diversity of experience can lead to innovation and challenge the old tried and true (and often tired and blue) to provide better solutions.

Perhaps those who find the left wing slant of the humanities prof and students and the inability to challenge their tired discredited and staid views should move there programmes over to the MBA schools where lively debate is encouraged.

Edited by M.Dancer

Yes but having a contrary view point, if it is well reasoned will not be a guarantee to earn you acrimony (although as anywhere, it is possible) or a loss of respect.

Of course. I would think that this situation is better in the academic world, thought.

Perhaps those who find the left wing slant of the humanities prof and students and the inability to challenge their tired discredited and staid views should move there programmes over to the MBA schools where lively debate is encouraged.

But not into the office towers of Toronto.

My point is, although University's are supposed to be a haven for debate and democracy they are becoming more and more isolated in what ideas they wish to present. The Ann Coulter speach was organized by a student and the university did everything in its power to deter her from coming. I don't consider myself a conservative by any means but even a balanced or moderate approach is difficult to find. My concern is how impressionable these kids coming out of High School are; they revere the profs and accept everything they are told, so one would hope that an impartial presentation of the facts would be priority. Although one could argue its not the professors fault so many students are incapable of forming their own opinions, and one could point to a number of reason for this. All I'm saying is, unreasonable protests like this are a product of the biased political environment of University's

Edited by G.P. Lehmann

I find it odd somebody bothered to protest Christie Blatchford.

:lol:

Yah...I have read and listened to Ms Blatchford for a long time. I have found here to be pragmatic and fairly honest...so what if she happened to notice that the "natives" have learned to be as corrupt as their white teachers...a fact is a fact.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/276749--blatchford-protesters-clash-at-book-signing

"About a dozen protesters from a group called Six Nations Solidarity stood outside her appearance Tuesday night at Chedoke Presbyterian Church. They handed out bookmarks which claimed Blatchford's book Helpless! Caledonia's Nightmare of Fear and Anarchy and How the Law Failed All of Us did not present a true picture of the dispute because it did not provide context for the land claim and only focused on “violence and lawlessness” that grew out the dispute.

Two carried a sign calling the Globe and Mail reporter “Bad News” and all wore white lapel pins that said “Bad News.” Devon Ridge, a spokesperson for the protesters, said the views Blatchford is presented encourage racism “and are racist.”

Now we see more of the story. If you read the entire link you'll see that the OP refers also to Six Nations protesters at University of Waterloo. So it is not an issue of "free speech and leftists" but rather "free speech and Six Nations protesters"!

I've often said that some SN spokespeople seem to define racism as anyone who disagrees with them. Now we see they also define free speech as only applying to those who agree with them!

Thugs and bullies, the lot of them. What's more, the people running the meetings are 'pussies' for not standing up to them. There's no difference between what these native protesters have done on these two occasions and having some David Duke Klansman crash the party.

It's simply disgusting that we allow such things to happen. I sincerely hope that if the SN protesters hold a meeting someone does unto them as they have done undo these others and prevents their guests from speaking.

To give a nerdy Star Trek reference :

"These words and the words that follow were not written only for the Yangs but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to EVERYONE or they mean NOTHING!"

The high ranking native elders now run contraband smokes- they run gambling dens - they sell land and drive big SUVs - It is all because the old wise "Indians" - learned from weasil crooks like Harris that being a gangster is easy in Canada - just set yourself up like the establishment and no one will question...you..as long as you have some cash..

My theory is that the "Indians" have some dirt on the white rich politicals and their hacks- probably a situation that consists of black mail..what else could it be?

I didn't say there was an allowance for debate amongst minnions....I meant for the leadership.

I dunno, Morris... there are more minions in the towers than dominions. Maybe you like to smoke big cigars and put your alligator shoes up on the boardroom table ? If so, please do fill us in.

I'm a minion of the white collar class, happily hewing code and reaping performance reports.

I dunno, Morris... there are more minions in the towers than dominions. Maybe you like to smoke big cigars and put your alligator shoes up on the boardroom table ? If so, please do fill us in.

I'm a minion of the white collar class, happily hewing code and reaping performance reports.

You should subscribe to a magazine that covers board room issues if you are interested in the kind and quality of debate that takes place in the boardroom.

...not that I would know where you would find such a independant magazine...

NOW Magazine ?

I kid...

A fellow I know is one of the largest (non family member) shareholder of NOW. I could tell you stories that would curl your hair....employee harassment, shareholder intimidation....

Privately owned businesses (which NOW is) tend to be far more rigid than public companies and often far more resistant to change.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/276749--blatchford-protesters-clash-at-book-signing

"About a dozen protesters from a group called Six Nations Solidarity stood outside her appearance Tuesday night at Chedoke Presbyterian Church. They handed out bookmarks which claimed Blatchford's book Helpless! Caledonia's Nightmare of Fear and Anarchy and How the Law Failed All of Us did not present a true picture of the dispute because it did not provide context for the land claim and only focused on “violence and lawlessness” that grew out the dispute.

Two carried a sign calling the Globe and Mail reporter “Bad News” and all wore white lapel pins that said “Bad News.” Devon Ridge, a spokesperson for the protesters, said the views Blatchford is presented encourage racism “and are racist.”

Now we see more of the story. If you read the entire link you'll see that the OP refers also to Six Nations protesters at University of Waterloo. So it is not an issue of "free speech and leftists" but rather "free speech and Six Nations protesters"!

I've often said that some SN spokespeople seem to define racism as anyone who disagrees with them. Now we see they also define free speech as only applying to those who agree with them!

Thugs and bullies, the lot of them. What's more, the people running the meetings are 'pussies' for not standing up to them. There's no difference between what these native protesters have done on these two occasions and having some David Duke Klansman crash the party.

It's simply disgusting that we allow such things to happen. I sincerely hope that if the SN protesters hold a meeting someone does unto them as they have done undo these others and prevents their guests from speaking.

To give a nerdy Star Trek reference :

"These words and the words that follow were not written only for the Yangs but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to EVERYONE or they mean NOTHING!"

The E Plab Neesta..

The E Plab Neesta..

Exactly! :P I thought a Trekker reference appropriate 'cuz those constantly telling us the natives did nothing wrong tend to science-fiction style excuses.

I find it interesting that for months and months we have been told that no native at Caledonia committed any act of violence at all and now we have a protest against someone who researched and reported all the violence and are told that the AUTHOR is to blame for focusing on all the "violence and lawlessness" that heretofore was dismissed as imaginary and a vile canard of an accusation!

It's like arguing with Jehovah Witnesses - a fruitless game.

I intend to read Blatchford's book when the library gets it in, if not I'll have to break down and buy it.

The National Post is running a four-part series of excerpts from the book. Quite a good read. The first article is linked below and the links to the rest (parts two and three) are at the bottom of the article.

If the suspect wasnt white, the police learned to walk away

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

Exactly! :P I thought a Trekker reference appropriate 'cuz those constantly telling us the natives did nothing wrong tend to science-fiction style excuses.

I find it interesting that for months and months we have been told that no native at Caledonia committed any act of violence at all and now we have a protest against someone who researched and reported all the violence and are told that the AUTHOR is to blame for focusing on all the "violence and lawlessness" that heretofore was dismissed as imaginary and a vile canard of an accusation!

It's like arguing with Jehovah Witnesses - a fruitless game.

I don't argue with the ones dressed in black that come to the door - I just set them straight and send them on their way.

• 5 months later...

I comment on the 17th, they print it on the 18th. Well played National Post, well played.

What do you expect from a university system that allows Benjamin Netanyahu to be driven away from speaking by showers of thrown rocks?