Burn a Qu'ran Day.

Guest American Woman

The question is a pertinent one. You're still opposed to the project, no? How could she be wrong if that's all she was saying?

Pay attention. This is what she said: But you still wouldn't want them to build a Muslim Cultural Centre near Ground Zero.

And I repeat. She's wrong.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay attention. This is what she said: But you still wouldn't want them to build a Muslim Cultural Centre near Ground Zero.

And I repeat. She's wrong.

Why? Because you now support the centre? There's really no paying attention, no reading between the lines on that. It's about as simple a sentence as you can get. If you're not supporting it, she's right.

Yes, Naomi, Christians are having a great time! :rolleyes:

Yep, sounds like fun.

I suggest you read and think before you post. Because in the previous page, something was already posted in regards to this particular murder.

I will re-post the relevant information:

http://www.culturalcatholic.com/ChristianGaza.htm

In regards to a bookseller's murder who happened to be Christian:

Father Manuel Musallam, the senior Roman Catholic priest in Gaza, doubts the attack was religiously motivated.

“Rami was not only Christian,” the priest explained. “He was Palestinian. Violent acts against Christians are not a phenomenon unique to Gaza.”

Immediately upon hearing of what he described as a “murderous crime,” Ismail Haniyeh, Palestine’s elected prime minister, ordered the Ministry of Interior to dispatch an investigative committee to “urgently look into the matter.”

“We are all one people who suffer together for the sake of freedom, independence, and restoration of our inalienable citizenship rights,” Haniyeh said publicly. “We are waging a single struggle and refuse to allow any party to tamper with or manipulate this historical relationship [between Muslims and Christians].”

This is all uncomfortable information for you too, Dancer:

“My life is normal, and I’ve never felt oppressed,” said Ali Al Jeldah, a 17-year-old Christian student attending Holy Family School. “Being Muslim or Christian is never an issue,” he emphasized, adding, “I have many Muslim friends. We hang out and study together with no differences at all.”

Lelias Ali, a 16-year-old Muslim who attends Holy Family School, agrees. “We have a unity of struggle, a unity of aim to live under the same circumstances,” she stated. “This land is for both of us, and being a Christian or Muslim should not separate us.”

Asked if Christians in Gaza are being harassed by Hamas or the Palestinian police, all the students agreed that this is not the case.

Here is more information that creates a problem with your narratives:

When asked about Western media reports that Gaza’s Christians are considering emigrating because of Islamic oppression, Father Musallam sighed. “If Christians emigrate, it’s not because of Muslims,” he emphasized. “It is because we suffer from the Israeli siege. We seek a life of freedom, a life different from the life of dogs that we are currently forced to live.”

Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., may have “suspended” plans to burn copies of the Quran on the anniversary of 9/11. But the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., says it will burn the Quran. In fact, it already has.

Link

I think this is the perfect time to suggest a special day of recognition for atheists. Given it doesn't have one, February would be the obvious month for a statutory holiday day off.

The only one's who might object are so busy shooting at each other they might not notice.

Yes, indeed. One must not see anything negative about Islam or any Muslims. If they do, then they should keep their PC mouths shut. Any other religion/nationality/organization is fair game; in fact, it's encouraged to comment on anything and everything negative about a select few. But not Islam or Muslims. We must pretend all is right. Death threats, violent reactions, no matter. We must not see, hear, or comment on it.

Or, on the contrary, one could think muslims are all totally retarded, as I do, and still think you're wrong.

“My life is normal, and I’ve never felt oppressed,” said Ali Al Jeldah, a 17-year-old Christian student attending Holy Family School. “Being Muslim or Christian is never an issue,” he emphasized, adding, “I have many Muslim friends. We hang out and study together with no differences at all.”

That's great for this one particular person. But the Christians that have been beaten, killed and/or persecuted in Gaza may disagree with him. :)

That's great for this one particular person. But the Christians that have been beaten, killed and/or persecuted in Gaza may disagree with him. :)

I am giving you quotes from the high priest in Gaza, which you tried quoting from. He says Christians are not persecuted in Gaza and they live peacefully with Muslims.

However, you say otherwise.

Is there a point in continuing this with you, if you are not willing to accept facts?

He says Christians are not persecuted in Gaza and they live peacefully with Muslims.

They live peacefully? So the attack destroying the church, and the murdered Christian bookstore owner didn't really happen?

if you are not willing to accept facts?

You're the one who's not accepting facts. Instead you post quotes that bare no resembance to reality.

They live peacefully? So the attack destroying the church, and the murdered Christian bookstore owner didn't really happen?

You're the one who's not accepting facts. Instead you post quotes that bare no resembance to reality.

Why are you posting Israeli propaganda videos from youtube as your proof, instead of accepting what the High Catholic priest has said repeatedly about Christians in Gaza?

I repeat, I am quoting the High Christian priest from Gaza who says that Christians are not persecuted in Gaza and they live peacefully with Muslims.

Here, I will post this again, for the third time: http://www.culturalcatholic.com/ChristianGaza.htm

....I repeat, I am quoting the High Christian priest from Gaza who says that Christians are not persecuted in Gaza and they live peacefully with Muslims.

Then he is mistaken, just like you:

The manager of Gaza's only Christian bookshop, who was abducted on Saturday by suspected Muslim extremists, was found dead yesterday. Medical officials said Rami Ayyad, 31, had been shot and stabbed. He was the father of two small children and his wife is pregnant with their third.

He is reported to have received several death threats since his Protestant bible shop was fire bombed six months ago, destroying shelves of books and pamphlets. He told friends that bearded men in a car stalked him and looked at him strangely after he locked up on Thursday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/gazas-christian-bookseller-killed-396283.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

no... anyone (like you) who continues to conflate extremist elements with Muslims at large... is a bigot.

Darn right.

This is a major part of the issue here. There are all these people demonizing Islam & Cordova House, and it's clear many of them don't know jack about Islam, the different sects, modern vs fundamentalist vs tradionalist Muslims/Islam etc. If you are going to take such a strong stand against 1.5 billion people, you better know what the bleep you're talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me i'm off to hunt down some possible witches & Nazi's.

The manager of Gaza's only Christian bookshop, who was abducted on Saturday by suspected Muslim extremists, was found dead yesterday. Medical officials said Rami Ayyad, 31, had been shot and stabbed. He was the father of two small children and his wife is pregnant with their third.

He is reported to have received several death threats since his Protestant bible shop was fire bombed six months ago, destroying shelves of books and pamphlets. He told friends that bearded men in a car stalked him and looked at him strangely after he locked up on Thursday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/gazas-christian-bookseller-killed-396283.html

This has already been covered. But because you like to comment on things that have already been covered because you have failed to read, I will repeat:

The Bookseller's Murder

It is well known that one of the most effective tools for rendering a society subservient is the tactic of divide and conquer. Thus the October kidnapping and murder of Rami Ayyad, the manager of Gaza’s only Christian bookstore, presented a dangerous challenge. Speculations about the motive still abound: Was it a hate crime or simply a random tragedy?

Father Manuel Musallam, the senior Roman Catholic priest in Gaza, doubts the attack was religiously motivated.

“Rami was not only Christian,” the priest explained. “He was Palestinian. Violent acts against Christians are not a phenomenon unique to Gaza.”

Immediately upon hearing of what he described as a “murderous crime,” Ismail Haniyeh, Palestine’s elected prime minister, ordered the Ministry of Interior to dispatch an investigative committee to “urgently look into the matter.”

“We are all one people who suffer together for the sake of freedom, independence, and restoration of our inalienable citizenship rights,” Haniyeh said publicly. “We are waging a single struggle and refuse to allow any party to tamper with or manipulate this historical relationship [between Muslims and Christians].”

Contrary to the picture that Shady is trying to paint, Christians live in peace with Muslims in Gaza.

Edited by naomiglover

This has already been covered. But because you like to comment on things that have already been covered, I will repeat:

You have repeated nothing but focused bleating against Israel, ignoring the facts of Christian deaths in Gaza.

Contrary to the picture that Shady is trying to paint, Christians live in peace with Muslims in Gaza.

The facts say otherwise.

You also failed to read your own article. Either that, or you are just as dishonest as Shady and Dancer with your selective posting.

From your own article:

Jan Sa'ad, 42, said: "This has never happened before in Gaza. If somebody thinks this murder will make Christians leave, they are mistaken. This is our homeland. We are as patriotic as anyone."

You have repeated nothing but focused bleating against Israel, ignoring the facts of Christian deaths in Gaza.

The facts say otherwise.

What deaths? The one death that Shady keeps repeating and, in which, the Gazans, both Chrisians and Muslims, have said was a unique act and that no group has taken responsibility for?

What proof? Show me this rift between the Christians and Muslims in Gaza.

Try to be a little more honest, instead of lowering yourself into Shady territory.

Edited by naomiglover

What deaths? The one death that Shady keeps repeating and, in which, the Gazans, both Chrisians and Muslims, have said was a unique act and that no group has taken responsibility for?

What proof? Show me this rift between the Christians and Muslims in Gaza.

Try to be a little more honest, instead of lowering yourself into Shady territory.

You are consumed by this Israel thing...ignoring the obvious...and making ridiculous claims that are easily refuted.

I don't need your patronizing prattle....we have more than enough of that in numerous other threads.

What are you talking about? Be a little more coherent please.

How did I admit that my facts are second and false?

You did not cite a primary or credible source....instead choosing mere heresay about the history of Christians in Gaza (and Palestine). Clearly the man was murdered by somebody....ergo...Christians are not 100% safe in Gaza.

You did not cite a primary or credible source....instead choosing mere heresay about the history of Christians in Gaza (and Palestine). Clearly the man was murdered by somebody....ergo...Christians are not 100% safe in Gaza.

I cited a Christian web site that interviewed the High Christian priest in Gaza and numerous other Christians who have repeated that Christians and Muslims live in peace in Gaza.

There are many other articles where The high priest speaks about the peace and tolerance between Christians and Muslims. Even in your own article, this was repeated.

So tell me why you have lowered yourself into Shady territory.

Here in Winnipeg, white people have been murdered by Aboriginals. In fact, there are likely hundreds of such instances. One could interpret that as a clear sign that white people are persecuted in Winnipeg, but that would be deliberately misrepresenting the situation for political purposes.

And no one here would ever do that.

...There are many other articles where The high priest speaks about the peace and tolerance between Christians and Muslims. Even in your own article, this was repeated.

That's how you choose to read it, because the facts are contrary to your worn out cause.

So tell me why you have lowered yourself into Shady territory.

This is your paranoia...everyone is not required to agree with you.

Militants bomb Gaza YMCA library

There has been no claim of responsibility for the YMCA attack

Gunmen have attacked the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) in Gaza City and blown up its library, burning thousands of books, its director says.

Eissa Saba said 14 men overpowered the centre's two security guards before placing bombs in the library and main office. The latter did not explode.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7246454.stm

Edited by bush_cheney2004