Islamic Demands for "Sensitivity" Over Cartoons Ring Hollow;

jbg

I dont EXPECT results. And this girl is a much a victim of her own stupidity as anything else. Theres nothing we can do besides try to protect this twit from harm, and try to arrest and jail the other idiots making death threats. Thats the only result thats really achievable at this point.

The reality is, that when you say things that offend sky-god cultists youre going to get death threats. I wish it wasnt like that, but it is.

Yes, this is the acceptable response to and from Islam in our society at the moment: Don't piss-off the pit-bull. Similar to saying young women 'ask for it' by dressing as they please.

I think youll find I dont WANT friends that are "plain stupid".

So everyone with faith is stupid? I think you'll find some are quite smart indeed yet hold a faith that seems irrational to an existentialist. No amount of 'splainin' is going to change their minds.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is the acceptable response to and from Islam in our society at the moment: Don't piss-off the pit-bull. Similar to saying young women 'ask for it' by dressing as they please.

So everyone with faith is stupid? I think you'll find some are quite smart indeed yet hold a faith that seems irrational to an existentialist. No amount of 'splainin' is going to change their minds.

Not just Islam but religion in general. You simply choose to focus on Islam because its politically expedient for people like you to trump them up as this "great enemy".

But the reality... Christian wackos make death threats all the time. Ask any author of writings critical of Christianity and theyll be able to show you dozens of them.

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/91269/

Christians threatened to kill that guy over a cracker.

And here we have Christians threatening the lives of proffesors in Colorado for teaching evolution.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/07/professors-in-c/

And heres more death threats over a Billboard that said "Dont believe in god? Youre not alone".

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-los-angeles/death-threats-force-removal-of-atheist-billboard

All three of those stories are over things far less inflamatory than what this one retarded chick did on facebook.

So like I keep saying... we dont have an "Islam" problem, we have a "religion" problem.

dre: Not just Islam but religion in general. You simply choose to focus on Islam because its politically expedient for people like you to trump them up as this "great enemy".

Just because you wish to explain away Islamic terrorism doesn't mean I will go along with the particular suicide pact you seem to think is cool re: our society...you know...the one where women have rights and every Tom, Dick and Harry isn't carrying an AK-47? You know...that one? It's the one I live in. The one where car bombs do not await me in the morning.

same twit as above: All three of those stories are over things far less inflamatory than what this one retarded chick did on facebook.

So Molly Norris is retarded? I guess she was just askin' fer it, eh?

:lol:

Edited by DogOnPorch

Not just Islam but religion in general. You simply choose to focus on Islam because its politically expedient for people like you to trump them up as this "great enemy".

You don't think that might be because of the thousands and thousands of violent and often murderous acts perpetrated by Muslims in the last few years over GOD, that this might be a justifiable focus?

But the reality... Christian wackos make death threats all the time.

Again, this seems more like a frantic attempt at protecting Islam from unflattering scrutiny. Sure, some wack jobs call in death threats over a variety of things. But how often does anyone actually show up at the door trying to kill the guy who mocks or in some way insults Christianity?

So like I keep saying... we dont have an "Islam" problem, we have a "religion" problem.

When Christians start rioting and burning and bombing people for drawing cartoons or insulting Jesus you'll have a point. As it is your comments simply smack of the typical Leftist desperation to protect Islam from any and all criticism.

Edited by Argus

When Christians start rioting and burning and bombing people for drawing cartoons or insulting Jesus you'll have a point.

Christians have been rioting, murdering and burning in Africa in the recent past. I wouldn't bring this example up as proof that Christianity causes violent behavior, but it is a relevant response when people bring up violence in other cultures by other religions.

You don't think that might be because of the thousands and thousands of violent and often murderous acts perpetrated by Muslims in the last few years over GOD, that this might be a justifiable focus?

Again, this seems more like a frantic attempt at protecting Islam from unflattering scrutiny. Sure, some wack jobs call in death threats over a variety of things. But how often does anyone actually show up at the door trying to kill the guy who mocks or in some way insults Christianity?

When Christians start rioting and burning and bombing people for drawing cartoons or insulting Jesus you'll have a point. As it is your comments simply smack of the typical Leftist desperation to protect Islam from any and all criticism.

We arent talking about burning and bombing people. We are talking about a women getting death threats for publishing material offensive to sky-god nutters. The situation we are talking about is very similar to the other stories I posted.

And Im not "protecting islam" from anything at all, im just not allowing you guys to frame the debate in terms that are totally dishonest. The idiots that threatened this women should go to prison.

typical Leftist desperation to protect

Blah blah blah. Blah blah?

We arent talking about burning and bombing people. We are talking about a women getting death threats for publishing material offensive to sky-god nutters. The situation we are talking about is very similar to the other stories I posted.

We're talking about Islam's intolerance towards criticism.

And Im not "protecting islam" from anything at all, im just not allowing you guys to frame the debate in terms that are totally dishonest. The idiots that threatened this women should go to prison.

Dishonest? So if posters such as myself, Argus, jbg, et al would just shut-up about Islam's intolerance, it'd all melt away like snow in warm sunlight? No more car bombs...no more beheadings...no more dead film makers...no more threats for not respecting Islam? Well, if that's all it takes to solve the planet's problems, I'm sure myself and like-minded cohorts would be happy to oblige re: Islam's intolerance.

Tell you what...if Islamic terrorism can keep from blowing something/someone up for one week, I'll take your suggestion on advisement. Today is October 25th, 2010...it's a big planet.

Edited by DogOnPorch

We're talking about Islam's intolerance towards criticism.

Dishonest? So if posters such as myself, Argus, jgb, et al would just shut-up about Islam's intolerance, it'd all melt away like snow in warm sunlight? No more car bombs...no more beheadings...no more dead film makers...no more threats for not respecting Islam? Well, if that's all it takes to solve the planet's problems, I'm sure myself and like-minded cohorts would be happy to oblige re: Islam's intolerance.

Tell you what...if Islamic terrorism can keep from blowing something/someone up for one week, I'll take your suggestion on advisement. Today is October 25th, 2010...it's a big planet.

Dishonest? So if posters such as myself, Argus, jgb, et al would just shut-up about Islam's intolerance, it'd all melt away like snow in warm sunlight? No more car bombs...no more beheadings...no more dead film makers...no more threats for not respecting Islam? Well, if that's all it takes to solve the planet's problems

I wouldnt say it will solve the planets problems no... but neither will YOUR plan which near as I can tell is "call muslims names on the internet" :rolleyes::lol:

The fact is that 99.9% of Muslims in the world have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism of any kind. And we are going to NEED these people to deal with the ones that are a problem, so it doesnt make sense to needlessly insult them. Its a strategically stupid thing to do because muslims have actually been ten times as effective in fighting terrorism than the multi trillion dollar GWOT has been.

You should be honest with yourself, and try to use your head a little more. Im pretty sure that deep down inside you know that guilt by association is bogus. It was wrong when it happened to the jews... wrong when it happened to the japs... and it was wrong when it happened to thousands of people in the world trade center too. In fact... treating people as individuals accountable for their own actions and not the actions of others is pretty much the cornerstone of our whole society.

It was wrong when it happened to the jews... wrong when it happened to the japs... and it was wrong when it happened to thousands of people in the world trade center too. In fact... treating people as individuals accountable for their own actions and not the actions of others is pretty much the cornerstone of our whole society.

Then lets start with you....."japs" is a racial slur.

This is probably the most ironic thing you've posted. Not to mention hypocritical.

Why? Am I treating you like you're stupid? Other than your lack of concrete understanding re: the Middle-East, I have no fight with you.

Edited by DogOnPorch

drugged: The fact is that 99.9% of Muslims in the world have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism of any kind.

BS...when I see a crowd of 30 thousand plus cheering a child murderer, that tells me more than a fraction of a single percentage point support terrorism. I won't bother with stats as per Disraeli, but I'm sure there are many polls done that score much higher than 0.1%

Keep smooching terrorists.

Edited by DogOnPorch

The fact is that 99.9% of Muslims in the world have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism of any kind. And we are going to NEED these people to deal with the ones that are a problem, so it doesnt make sense to needlessly insult them. Its a strategically stupid thing to do because muslims have actually been ten times as effective in fighting terrorism than the multi trillion dollar GWOT has been.
Effective? How? By killing rival tribes?

How about the Western immigrant Muslims start siding with their chosen countries, the U.S. and Canada. Their silence is deafening.

THere's just no comparison between the levels of violence.

I'm willing to concede that Mulsim societies have issues with violence (against Jews and themselves) if you're willing to stop bringing in bullshit like the Haji stampedes to try and support your point that they are brutish, violent untermenschen. Deal?

How about the Western immigrant Muslims start siding with their chosen countries, the U.S. and Canada. Their silence is deafening.

Tell me: how would they do thjat in a manner you would find acceptable? Loyalty oaths? Bald eagle tattoos? Or maybe by foreswearing Islam? Just trying to lay down the ground rules.

Edited by Black Dog

No by Muslims all around the world rejecting jihadism, and an ongoing parade of Islamic scholars, schools and clerics denouncing Al Qeadas ideology.

I dont buy that for a second. The ONLY obligation any of these people have is to obey our laws, and to be accountable for their actions as an individual. We dont DO guilt by associationg in the west, which is really one of the biggest thing that sets us apart from everyone else. You dont have to answer for the actions of people who might share the same religion, politics, color, height, weight, etc. You just have to answer for yourself and your own actions. Nobody owes anyone a damn thing beyond that.

Edited by dre

I dont buy that for a second. The ONLY obligation any of these people have is to obey our laws, and to be accountable for their actions as an individual. We dont DO guilt by associationg in the west, which is really one of the biggest thing that sets us apart from everyone else. You dont have to answer for the actions of people who might share the same religion, politics, color, height, weight, etc. You just have to answer for yourself and your own actions. Nobody owes anyone a damn thing beyond that.
I guess we have to fight with both hands tied behind our back and both legs bound.

Sharia anyone? Seems some want their own laws...no doubt only 0.1%