• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, Zimmerman didn't run after him. You're just making stuff up now. Martin is the one that turned back to confront Zimmerman.

You're making stuff up again. We don't know that's what happened.

We now know from his friend that Msrtin was worried that Zimmerman was a gay rapist. It sounds like Martin was doing some gay bashing.

LOL what? :lol:It was "Creepy-ass cracker" not "creepy ass-cracker".

Oh so now she's a credible witness. :lol:

Anyway, I'm mostly amused by the notion that someone confronting someone following them in the dead of night is akin to "gay bashing". Also amusing, given that Zimmerman may actually be a rapist.

Oh so now she's a credible witness. :lol:

Anyway, I'm mostly amused by the notion that someone confronting someone following them in the dead of night is akin to "gay bashing". Also amusing, given that Zimmerman may actually be a rapist.

LOL, yep, and he's a proud racist according to this particular person. He's probably an arsonist and a cop killer too.

Nope, Zimmerman didn't run after him. You're just making stuff up now. Martin is the one that turned back to confront Zimmerman. We now know from his friend that Msrtin was worried that Zimmerman was a gay rapist. It sounds like Martin was doing some gay bashing.

Listen to the 911 tape.

Hear the swishing sound of Zimmerman running after Martin?

Hear the 911 operator ask him if he's following Martin and tell him NOT to do that?

Zimmerman's to wait by the mailboxes for police.

He didn't.

Listen to the 911 tape.

Hear the swishing sound of Zimmerman running after Martin?

Hear the 911 operator ask him if he's following Martin and tell him NOT to do that?

Zimmerman's to wait by the mailboxes for police.

He didn't.

Nope, he wasn't running after him. You can't talk and run at the same time. He was walking. Regardless, nothing you say resembles anything close to the facts that came out during the trial.

Guest American Woman

Nope, Zimmerman didn't run after him. You're just making stuff up now. Martin is the one that turned back to confront Zimmerman. We now know from his friend that Msrtin was worried that Zimmerman was a gay rapist. It sounds like Martin was doing some gay bashing.

Zimmerman was following Martin rather than staying put, waiting for police, as he was told. Whether or not he was "running," he told the police dispatcher that "he [Martin] ran," so I doubt he just walked at a leisurely pace, following him at a distance, posing no threat to a kid that age.

At any rate, I'm curious about your views on it - as to why Zimmerman, when he was apparently pinned to the ground with his head being "slammed" on the sidewalk, didn't fight back. You said yourself that Martin had no bruises, so why would Zimmerman not take a swing at him when/if he was being attacked?

I think it's possible that Zimmerman, knowing he was armed, didn't actually fear for his life at all - and that's why he chose to follow Martin. I would also say that it sounds as if rather than even attempt to fight back, if that is the scenario, Zimmerman simply chose to shoot Martin. Again. Martin was not on Zimmerman's property and Zimmerman was not on neighborhood watch. If someone were obviously following me under such circumstances, in the dark of a rainy night, I would feel threatened.

Edited by American Woman

Zimmerman walking and following Martin is irrelevant. Martin had an almost football field length lead, and decided for some reason to turn around. There is no law stating that you can physically assault someone because they're following you or talking to you.

Zimmerman walking and following Martin is irrelevant. Martin had an almost football field length lead, and decided for some reason to turn around. There is no law stating that you can physically assault someone because they're following you or talking to you.

Yeah, what a crazy thing, to confront someone who's following you in the dark of night. Way crazier than, uh, following someone.

Yeah, what a crazy thing, to confront someone who's following you in the dark of night. Way crazier than, uh, following someone.

Actually it IS pretty crazy. How'd that work out for him? The sane thing to do is keep walking until you get to an area with more people around, or perhaps a store, or gas station etc, where you could call the police.

Edited by Shady

Guest American Woman

Actually it IS pretty crazy. How'd that work out for him? The sane thing to do is keep walking until you get to an area with more people around, or perhaps a store, or gas station etc, where you could call the police.

How did following him work out for Zimmerman? The sane thing to do is follow the dispatcher's advice and wait for the police to show up.

Edited to ask: So why do you think Zimmerman never even tried to fight back as his head was being slammed against the sidewalk? You yourself pointed out that Martin had no bruises. Again. It sounds to me as if Zimmerman simply chose to shoot.

Edited by American Woman

And this nonsense about Skittles is meaningless. I can beat the hell out of someone with bubble gum in my pocket. What difference does it make?

In Canada, it makes a big difference. You're entitled to equal fore. You're not entitled to pull out a gun and shoot a kid that gives you a bloody nose.

Well, at least you acknowledge that it was crazy for Martin to turn around, implying that Zimmerman was a threat.

The problem with the system of trial by jury is that in order to be fair those people on the jury should have lived in a cave for the past few months or otherwise been totally cut off from all news around them and be acquainted with the case in the trial itself for the first time instead of having heard about it everywhere especially when the media adds its own bias to twist the story to suit its own agenda.

He certainly would have been entitled to stand his ground against a stranger that was stalking him and wasn't going to "let [him] get away this time."

Nope. Even in Canada you're not allowed to physically assault someone because you think they're following you. But if you do, and you break their nose, mount them, and slam their head against the ground, expect them to be frightened for their life and respond accordingly.