Al Gore Cheated On His Wife

Oh, so now the Oregon police have hatched a conspiracy to smear Gore. Uh, why exactly? And if so, why didn't they use this little tidbit when it first came out? More likely there is no conspiracy, just another politician who can't keep his pants on.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point a reasonable mind has to assume that this is a deliberate smear campaign by the

Right. Because the Oregon Police has a vested interest in smearing Al Gore. :rolleyes:

Anyways, some new news from Oregon.

Portland police mishandled Al Gore sex abuse case, Chief Mike Reese says

Portland Police Chief Mike Reese acknowledged Thursday that the police bureau didn't properly review a Portland massage therapist's allegations of sexual assault by former Vice President Al Gore, explaining for the first time why he's decided to launch a new investigation.

Police records show that Sgt. Rich Austria was in charge of the sexual assault unit in 2006 when the alleged encounter occurred and an initial complaint was made, and Sgt. Mike Geiger, the current supervisor of the unit, oversaw the handling of the woman's detailed statement to police in January 2009 without any follow-up investigation.

Link

Looks as though if anything, they tried to sweep in under the rug. Probably for Gore's benefit.

Oh, so now the Oregon police have hatched a conspiracy to smear Gore. Uh, why exactly? And if so, why didn't they use this little tidbit when it first came out? More likely there is no conspiracy, just another politician who can't keep his pants on.

I dunno you tell ME why?

Why would the police release potentially damaging documents to the press about a suspect that hasnt even had his day in court yet?

Is that how you would want the police to operate if YOU were accused of something? Anybody can go to the police and alledge ANYTHING. Youre protected from false allegations by your right to a fair trial, but if the police publish transcripts of the allegations against you before you even have a chance to defend yourself you can be found guilty in the court of public opinion which can result in all kinds of quantifiable damages to your livelyhood, reputation, and so on.

I dunno you tell ME why?

Why would the police release potentially damaging documents to the press about a suspect that hasnt even had his day in court yet?

Is that how you would want the police to operate if YOU were accused of something?

You don't know what you're talking about. Information on legal matters gets released all of the time. In this case, it was the accuser that first went to the press. The police didn't do anything illegal or unethical. Take the present case of Rod Blagojevich. His trial is just now taking place. But audio of his phone conversations were in the media several months ago.

You don't know what you're talking about. Information on legal matters gets released all of the time. In this case, it was the accuser that first went to the press. The police didn't do anything illegal or unethical. Take the present case of Rod Blagojevich. His trial is just now taking place. But audio of his phone conversations were in the media several months ago.

Too true. We won't mention your upcoming trial on public urination charges ;)

Something seems fishy here to me.

I have no problem at all believing that ANY politician could be guilty of charges like this, and no real opinion on whether Mr Gore is being falsely accused or not.

What I find odd though is that the police would release transcripts of interviews with the accusor to the press. Seems like the normal thing would be to use them in COURT...

I think at this point a reasonable mind has to assume that this is a deliberate smear campaign by the police... whether or not the charges have merit.

I heard recently that Al Gore was supposed to have a meeting with Obama and some key members of Congress to get moving again on a climate bill. I noticed in a google search that over 1500 articles on Al Gore, are about his divorce and these sex charges that were released to the public....essentially pushing the important issues of the public stage.

It's not like it's the first time we've seen this happen. Elliot Spitzer's excort agency records came out at the time he was demanding the SEC investigate Wall Street investment banks, and let's not forget that former U.N. arms inspector - Scott Ritter's online chats with underage teenage girls swept him off the stage at a time when he was seriously challenging the Bush Administration's evidence for WMD's in Iraq. They were getting all set for the Invasion, and Ritter was getting too much media attention challenging the wisdom of going to war.

In both Spitzer and Ritter's cases, the criminal cases disappeared after they left the public arena....that is especially suspicious in Ritter's case, because the potential charges of attempting to procur sex from minors could have landed him in prison for a long stay! My suspicions are that they told him as long as he shut up until they got their war underway, he didn't have to worry about jail time.

We learned a long time ago, after J. Edgar Hoover's death, that the FBI had files of incriminating information on just about everyone who was famous at the time. Almost every politician, celebrity, and everyone who was rich and famous had something to hide....and something that Hoover could blackmail them with! Information was collected and kept for opportune moments to spring it on the public. And Al Gore may be the latest example of skeletons being let out of the closet to take them out of the game.

This thread is ten pages long??? Really??

Really??

Well, originally it was just about Gore's divorce and possible affair. That cooled off. But then this new sexual assault issue has added fuel to the fire. The last several pages are related to it, as oppose to the divorce/affair.

Usually gossip doesn't involve actual police investigations. :rolleyes:

Which is an attitude that leads to all sorts of procedural abuses. You do realize that famous people frequently are the targets of all sorts of absurd claims. I'm not saying whether this one is true or not, but the cops in such cases are obligated to investigate. Wake me up when he's actually charged with something.

For those conspiracy theorists among us who are sure the Oregon police are out to get Gore, it's just as likely that a conspiracy occurred to keep it quiet and not have it properly investigated.

Did the conspiracy to not have it investigated have the "victim" not show to her police interview three times because she said she was going to get money in civil court instead? Is that conspiracy? You know because the police can't really do anything if she does not want to talk because she is scared of of giving a false police report and getting charged. Sorry maybe facts next time.

Did the conspiracy to not have it investigated have the "victim" not show to her police interview three times because she said she was going to get money in civil court instead? Is that conspiracy? You know because the police can't really do anything if she does not want to talk because she is scared of of giving a false police report and getting charged. Sorry maybe facts next time.

So you are not denying the attack occurred then? Good for you, those who are denying it are kind of silly.

As to your reference to her apparent desire for civil court, it sounds like she got bad legal advice, not the first time that has happened. At any rate it looks like Al has been unfaithful for several years.

So you are not denying the attack occurred then? Good for you, those who are denying it are kind of silly.

As to your reference to her apparent desire for civil court, it sounds like she got bad legal advice, not the first time that has happened. At any rate it looks like Al has been unfaithful for several years.

Yah right she got bad legal advice for 3 years then when the civil action was about to expire she re appeared looking for her money. Gotcha. Nope it does not look good for her, not showing up for a police interview 3 times, letting everything disappear for three years then coming back looking for her payday when faced with a dead line. Yes please police investigate so we will find out she is a gold digger. Honestly the right is crazy, maybe something did happen but her action on this case leads me and many people to consider her not a real victim.

And this whole sordid affair never would have happened had Gore been faithful to his wife, end of story.

Not true, being accused falsely has nothing to do with his wife who he was faithful to.

One could say you cheated on your wife sharkman does that make it true? Does that mean they can sue you even if it is a lie? Yes. I know republicans and the right love to see the left falsely accused and they love to see the justice system mocked I don't. Show your colors some more though. There is a story in the enquirer about Palin cheated go ahead and post it if you think every tabloid accusation true. I will await that until then you are a hypocrite.

BTW this "victim" has a history of lying to the court system in 1998 she filed a restraining order against a boyfriend saying he assaulted her in 1996. The court looked into and found she was lying no restraining order was given. Although Shady and Sharkman trust this person who lies to the court over the former Vice president. Nice one right wing.

Edited by punked

Guest American Woman

And this whole sordid affair never would have happened had Gore been faithful to his wife, end of story.

Which he very well could have been.

So no, claiming he did something that has not been proven, something that he's merely been accused of, is NOT the end of story. Unless one doesn't care about the truth.

Edited by American Woman

Honestly the right is crazy, maybe something did happen but her action on this case leads me and many people to consider her not a real victim.

That's just it: it is down to a "he said, she said" type of thing.

Like I said, the gossip queens can't keep to their knitting.

Not true, being accused falsely has nothing to do with his wife who he was faithful to.

One could say you cheated on your wife sharkman does that make it true? Does that mean they can sue you even if it is a lie? Yes. I know republicans and the right love to see the left falsely accused and they love to see the justice system mocked I don't. Show your colors some more though. There is a story in the enquirer about Palin cheated go ahead and post it if you think every tabloid accusation true. I will await that until then you are a hypocrite.

BTW this "victim" has a history of lying to the court system in 1998 she filed a restraining order against a boyfriend saying he assaulted her in 1996. The court looked into and found she was lying no restraining order was given. Although Shady and Sharkman trust this person who lies to the court over the former Vice president. Nice one right wing.

Wow, the left wing web sites are hard at work trying to attack Gore's accuser. Whatasurprise, but one case of false accusation from a decade before does not a liar make. If if did, people like Geitner wouldn't be given top government jobs after lying to the government about their taxes.

But are you saying this whole incident never took place? Does this story compare with 'Palin cheated' accusations? Does the Palin accusation have a police complaint on record? You seem to play fast and loose with the facts. If this never occurred, why doesn't Gore show proof that he never was in that hotel at that time, ordering massage services? And which Oregon police officer do you think is masterminding this conspiracy?

Wow, the left wing web sites are hard at work trying to attack Gore's accuser. Whatasurprise, but one case of false accusation from a decade before does not a liar make. If if did, people like Geitner wouldn't be given top government jobs after lying to the government about their taxes.

But are you saying this whole incident never took place? Does this story compare with 'Palin cheated' accusations? Does the Palin accusation have a police complaint on record? You seem to play fast and loose with the facts. If this never occurred, why doesn't Gore show proof that he never was in that hotel at that time, ordering massage services? And which Oregon police officer do you think is masterminding this conspiracy?

Ummmmm that was all from the Washington Post. You might try reading a paper sometime.

There are plenty of police complaints on record for Palin most of them have been made by crazies who are out to get her. Fact is police should look into every accusation, although that does not make one guilty if that was true Palin would be in jail for them 30 years. But the right is crazy and the left really wants the country, the police, and the justice system to work. So on the left these stories die fast unlike the right who will bring this shit up for the next 30 years even when the police close the case again.

Edited by punked

Which he very well could have been.

So no, claiming he did something that has not been proven, something that he's merely been accused of, is NOT the end of story. Unless one doesn't care about the truth.

It's simple. Don't order massages in your hotel room when you're alone on the road, and you will never have accusations to fight off. When you are a celebrity you should know this, low life people will try anything to get money. Avoid the appearance of any hanky panky and you will never get into situations like this.

Having said that, Gore is awfully quiet on the matter. It appears he has no proof that the visit never happened, therefore it did. What happened during said visit would be left to a jury to decide, I guess. I wouldn't want my innocence in the hands of a jury.