It's Her Party: The Brilliance of Sarah Palin

It's Her Party: The Brilliance of Sarah Palin

"How's that hopey-changey stuff workin' out for ya?" Sarah Palin asked the anti-élitist Tea Party élites those who could pay $549 for a ticket gathered in suffocating self-righteousness at the Opryland Hotel on the first weekend of February.

It was classic Palin, a brilliant line, brilliantly delivered: she does folksy far better than George W. Bush or any of the other Republican focus-group populists ever did. It was the signature line of her speech, which rocked the joint and then, slowly, began to rock the national political community. The speech was inspired drivel, a series of distortions and oversimplifications, totally bereft of nourishing policy proposals the sort of thing calculated, carefully calculated, to drive lamestream media types like me frothing to their keyboards

Time

This is a developing observation that I've also read by similar left-leaning political analysts at The Huffington Post. To me, Joe Klein nails it here:

"the sort of thing calculated, carefully calculated, to drive lamestream media types like me frothing to their keyboards"

He's exactly right. She's almost like a puppet master, pulling the strings of the mainstream media, and the rabid left, however, and whenever she feels like it. Like I've said in another thread. It amazes me how much power and influence she has, whether by giving a speech, or even something as simple as a facebook post.

Edited by Shady

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I've said in another thread. It amazes me how much power and control she has, whether by giving a speech, or even something as simple as a facebook post.

In the beginning (with McCain) she was being used by the media. Now she seems to be attempting to use that same sensationalism to her advantage. But to me its self-defeating. The more she draws such forms of attention to herself, the less credible she is to those who have serious concerns in politics.

She is at the center of alot of media hype, not unlike a tabloid superstar. In the end it will come down to a simple question- will it be enough to unite the political handicapped in supporting her, in an election that would not be based on real substance, just celebrity megalomania and soundbites, or will real voter intelligence prevail.

They just desperately want her to be the GOP nominee against Obama in 2012. That would assure him victory.

Yep. That's what Democrats thought about Reagan before 1980. :lol:

She is at the center of alot of media hype, not unlike a tabloid superstar. In the end it will come down to a simple question- will it be enough to unite the political handicapped in supporting her, in an election that would not be based on real substance, just celebrity megalomania and soundbites, or will real voter intelligence prevail.

Sounds a lot like Barack Obama and the Presidential elections of 2008. Although in this case, Palin would have actual executive experience, being the mayor of a city and governor of a state. But hey, that Obama gives good speeches though!

In the end it will come down to a simple question- will it be enough to unite the political handicapped in supporting her, in an election that would not be based on real substance, just celebrity megalomania and soundbites, or will real voter intelligence prevail.

I'm hoping its the latter but I'm expecting the former.

I'm hoping its the latter but I'm expecting the former.

I was hoping for the latter in 2008. But instead "Hope n Change" won out in the end. And now, after a year of this guy trying to figure out what the hell to do about anything, we realize two things. Hope stood for hoping he'd figure things out sooner than later. And change meant putting the fiscal recklessness of George W Bush on steriods.

The next few years and election will definitely be a real vindication for you Shady.

It's been obvious to me since Nov 5 2008 that the Republicans will be assuming control again, probably total control, of the US government in Nov 2012.

Obama doesn't have a chance or hope in Hell of being a two term President.

Obama doesn't have a chance or hope in Hell of being a two term President.

Perhaps but we don't need to get worked up about it in that regard. Obama himself makes no difference. Once you realize, it doesn't matter WHO it is that becomes the president. They only act as the public face. It could be anyone, even Sarah Palin

:wacko:

Perhaps but we don't need to get worked up about it in that regard. Obama himself makes no difference. Once you realize, it doesn't matter WHO it is that becomes the president. They only act as the public face. It could be anyone, even Sarah Palin

:wacko:

Not true...it couldn't be you, no matter how well you act! :lol:

They just desperately want her to be the GOP nominee against Obama in 2012. That would assure him victory.

If Palin gets the nomination it only shows how stupid some people are for voting her as the nominee. McCain was very informed. She is completely clueless about how the world works, and anyone who would want her as President of the U.S. is equally clueless.

If Palin gets the nomination it only shows how stupid some people are for voting her as the nominee. McCain was very informed. She is completely clueless about how the world works, and anyone who would want her as President of the U.S. is equally clueless.

Perhaps someone like Dick Cheney is not clueless and leave almost no clues to his secret operations as a despot corporate. So what is better? Palin who is mindless or someone like Obama or Cheney that is well rehearsed and sneaky?

Perhaps someone like Dick Cheney is not clueless and leave almost no clues to his secret operations as a despot corporate. So what is better? Palin who is mindless or someone like Obama or Cheney that is well rehearsed and sneaky?

If Palin were President during the Cuban Missile Crisis many millions may have got nuked. I'll go with sneaky over stupid any day.

If Palin were President during the Cuban Missile Crisis many millions may have got nuked. I'll go with sneaky over stupid any day.

It's not a matter of sneaky over stupid. It's a matter of competence versus incompetence. Kennedy's immense incompetence is what eventually led to the Cuban Missle Crisis. I'll take a competent executive like Palin, over an over-thinking, totally incpentent so-called "intellectual" like Obama, or Kennedy and day. Only completely stupid people think Sarah Palin is stupid.

In the beginning (with McCain) she was being used by the media. Now she seems to be attempting to use that same sensationalism to her advantage. But to me its self-defeating. The more she draws such forms of attention to herself, the less credible she is to those who have serious concerns in politics.

It will definately be an uphill battle for the Republicans.As for your comment,I can't think of a better example of an election NOT based on real substance than the last Presidential election.If you had been paying close attention,it was in fact,Obama that had the overwhelming support of "celebrities" and the left leaning media.He was during that time,the biggest celebrity on the planet,and little attention was given to his qualifications,which were arguably much thinner than those of VP candidate Palin.More than a year later,he is still blaming Bush for his woes.

I can't imagine why someone would think a person who couldn't hack it as governor of Alaska would be a competent president.

Oh she could hack it. She had a high approval rating and did a great job for the 2 years as Alaska's governor. Unfortunately, after the Presidential elections, the leftwingers couldn't leave her alone and let her do her job, fling hundreds of frivolous lawsuits.

But I can't imagine why anyone would think a person who was community organizer would be a competent president. And it looks like that concern has been vindicated over the last year or so. Complete and utter disaster.