glenn beck

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get fox news I have to watch MSNBC online.

I personally think FOX News is head and shoulders above the other news networks.I also watch some MSNBC and NBC and CNN.It's just like they claim,FOX is fair and balanced compared to the others.

Perhaps if Obama is in office long enough and makes all of his "changes",it could spell the end of FOX News.How about an American version of TASS,the official news agency of the United States?

Has Obama appointed a "news czar" yet? :P

The question for all of us should be:

"What good is there in having this type of show on television ?"

If we're watching just so we can say "Look at the crazy things he's saying, we need to understand that giving him an audience will keep folks like him on the air." I think we should limit our watching of Glenn Back to the internet clips and skipping by him on the dial.

Having crazy people on news networks is cancerous. The only good that might come out of it is that rational citizens who need to be informed won't watch drivel like this, and will turn to MLW for real information.

If we're watching just so we can say "Look at the crazy things he's saying, we need to understand that giving him an audience will keep folks like him on the air." I think we should limit our watching of Glenn Back to the internet clips and skipping by him on the dial.

Having crazy people on news networks is cancerous. The only good that might come out of it is that rational citizens who need to be informed won't watch drivel like this, and will turn to MLW for real information.

On his show on Friday,Beck was talking about one of Obama's "czars",namely a guy called Van Jones,the so called green jobs czar.Beck claimed this guy was an avowed communist of all things.Yes that sounded over the top and I thought I would google the name Van Jones and see what came up.Lo and behold,there was a quote from Mr.Jones from the early 1990's "I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary. I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th. By August, I was a communist".

To be fair,the article says he is now an advocate of green business and market based solutions but it's not known whether at any time he came out and renounced communism or any other radical ideology like it.

So don't be so quck to dismiss Glenn Beck's rants,there is more than a grain of truth in his show.If what he says is false,as most of the leftists claim,surely Beck would have to spend most of time defending himself in a court of law.

I don't disagree with the dubious value in this sort of program (I think Jon Stewart's showdown with Tucker Carlson sums up my feelings on the matter.)

But here's a guy who's being run off the air because of charges of "racism", and these charges seem so vaguely argued that they're practically meaningless. Is this how the next 3 years are going to go?

-k

Beck is doing what Rush and Hannity did when Bush came to power. As a radio host, the more you verbally bring down the the opposition, in this case, its the democrats for Fox. I will say Hannity is worse than Rush when it comes to the truth of his subject but in thre last fours years of Bush Hannity had to come out and say he didn't like some of the thinggs going on in the White House and the Republican party. I'm not sure they believe in half the stuff they say but its PR and it brings the media to their attention which brings in the ratings and higher wages for them, its all about money more than the truth.

So don't be so quck to dismiss Glenn Beck's rants,there is more than a grain of truth in his show.If what he says is false,as most of the leftists claim,surely Beck would have to spend most of time defending himself in a court of law.

It doesn't matter.

Why is it of primary importance that this guy was a communist ? Why can't we just talk about the ideas here.

And if Beck says "I feel that Obama is a racist." that's not actionable.

However, I have to ask:

Why should America care one whit about what he FEELS ?

Can we please have some facts ?

k,

But here's a guy who's being run off the air because of charges of "racism", and these charges seem so vaguely argued that they're practically meaningless. Is this how the next 3 years are going to go?

That's just idiotic. It seems that you can only get somebody off the air by yelling 'racism !'.

The level of debate has lowered too far. There's no way to yell 'stupid !'.

Then you will have to take the good with the bad.

No you don't! Thats the same way some think that the universe works - that you must have bad in order for there to be good - or good does not exist with out evil - or that stupid idea that we would not know what pleasure is with out pain - Good does not need evil to exist - this is the greates lie perpetrated against mankind - this stupid concept - why take the honey with shit on top - get rid of the shit and the honey still exists!