glenn beck

How about the quote where he said that you'd have to be crazy not to believe Global Warming...

If you're referring to this quote:

"You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change," he said. He also says there’s a legit case that global warming has, at least in part, been caused by mankind.

I tend to agree with him. Although it's tough to figure out entirely what to believe. Because on the other hand, you have professionals like Phil Jones who tell us that there hasn't been any significant warming since 1995. I believe there's been a bit of warming, partially man-caused. But to what degree is really hard to figure out. That doesn't mean I'm for the AGW true-believers ideas for so-called fixing the issue.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was just joking around. At least I hope he was. :blink:

I haven't seem MH troll before, so I took his comments at face value.

Recently I heard parts of a couple of his tv shows. He does have alarmist views, but you know what? He was right about the recession and predicted it while liberals mocked and attacked him. Now liberal powers that be would like to see him shut down and I think one can measure one's stature by the enemies you have.

What he says about Greece/Europe is pretty scary.

What are you talking about?

Oh right, you just make stuff up. I forgot.

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean somebody is making something up. When Beck was on CNN Headline News, he was spent a lot of time talking about those things. It's just that nobody watches CNN Headline News. He only became a more prominent media figure when he switched to Fox News. Let's face it. All of you libs never heard of Glenn Beck until a year ago.

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean somebody is making something up. When Beck was on CNN Headline News, he was spent a lot of time talking about those things. It's just that nobody watches CNN Headline News. He only became a more prominent media figure when he switched to Fox News. Let's face it. All of you libs never heard of Glenn Beck until a year ago.

He was not always like this. But it seems to sell air time and that is what Foxnews wants. Nobody payed attention to him until he started going crazy. Like people only notice when Limbaugh says crazy stuff... which seems to be all the time.

You'd almost think Beck would be more comfortable sitting with Alex Jones on Prison Planet or Infowars.

He's been off my radar for a while, I'm looking with interest to see if his thoughts on Greece bear out.

His constant digging outed Van Jones as a communist, forcing his resignation. Now he's dug up a mover and shaker by the name of Maurice Strong, and I don't mind someone in the media finding connections and people who need to be exposed, rather than just cheerleading Obama.

I watched him then. He was just kinda a diffident middle aged goofball. Kinda lovable. He's Howard Beale from Network now. A Network News jester who sells himself for the right amount of gold.

He was not always like this.

He's always been politically incorrect(even though certain liberals like to call shows politically incorrect and then proceed to bash Christians and Conservatives, the easiest and most applauded thing to do when it comes to Hollywood and the media) and provocative. This is from 2006.

He's always hitting the alarm button... on Obama... on the Dems... in general. Chicken Little he is.

He was hitting the alarm button on Republicans back in '04 - '08 too. Republicans have no power right now. They're almost politically irrelevant. They can't pass any legislation. Obviously Obama and the Dems are going to be spot-lighted.

He's always been politically incorrect(even though certain liberals like to call shows politically incorrect and then proceed to bash Christians and Conservatives, the easiest and most applauded thing to do when it comes to Hollywood and the media) and provocative. This is from 2006.

But does "Hollywood and the media" spend much time "bashing Christians and conservatives"?

Where?

But does "Hollywood and the media" spend much time "bashing Christians and conservatives"?

They don't, but I guess christians and conservatives spending so much time bashing liberals, they figure someone must be fighting back somewhere.

What are you talking about?

Oh right, you just make stuff up. I forgot.

Apparently you are unaware that in 2007 Beck was warning of a major recession. Bad mortgages and banks tottering was part of his concerns. Liberals mocked him then and made fun of his worries, but he turned out to be right.

I notice that often times when you don't like my comments you claim I make stuff up. Can't you simply google before exposing the limits of your knowledge?

If you think I'm making up Glenn Beck warning of a major recession in 2007, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong? You could show everyone how sharkman was wrong.

Nah, it's easier to just call me the owner of a vivid imagination I suppose. Some things I don't bother with a link, I just remember it happened, like I remember Obama promised to close Gitmo.

Guest TrueMetis

If you think I'm making up Glenn Beck warning of a major recession in 2007, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and prove me wrong? You could show everyone how sharkman was wrong.

You do realize that's not possible right?

You do realize that's not possible right?

He doesn't understand you can't prove a negative and that the burden proof is on him not the other way around.

Hey Sharkman that isn't the way it works you need provide a source or something otherwise the person who you tell to prove you wrong would have to provide a source to everything glenn beck said, wrote, and aired in 2007 not even possible.

What I understand is whenever a conservative talk show host says something that turns out to be wrong, it's pointed out repeatedly and laughed about in the MSM, on forums like this and so forth. At the time Beck was making these types of predictions he was considered a kook.

What I understand is whenever a conservative talk show host says something that turns out to be wrong, it's pointed out repeatedly and laughed about in the MSM, on forums like this and so forth. At the time Beck was making these types of predictions he was considered a kook.

Oh look him and his guest Peter Schiff make this prediction the same Peter Schiff who said 10,000 dollar gold will happen before the end of the year. See this is why we ask you for proof because it shows you how crazy these people are.

I never doubted Beck warned about the financial perils during the previous Republican administration. I just doubt "liberals" mocked him for those warnings. I believe that's where your imagination took over from reality.

People forget, but the Dems have been in control of all of Congress since 2006.

Oh look him and his guest Peter Schiff make this prediction the same Peter Schiff who said 10,000 dollar gold will happen before the end of the year. See this is why we ask you for proof because it shows you how crazy these people are.

Is that a pet quote of yours, or did Peter say it in the clip I linked, I didn't hear that.