Omar Khdar

Topaz

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Omar was born in Canada. You cannot "strip him of his citizenship" as he has no other citizenship and a person cannot, by law, be left 'stateless'.

I like a quote on this because there are provisions within Canadian and inter national law that "DO" allow a nation to strip one of it's citizens of it's citizanship....

Secondly, the US soldiers who were present at the incident stepped up and told the truth, in Omar's defence: Omar could not have thrown the grenade as he was injured and buried in rubble at the time.

Also, forensics showed that the grenade was a US issue - ie, a 'friendly fire' accident.

I call Bullshit on this one as well, one US soldier wrote a statement, one out of the almost 20 that where there....that does not make a decisive turning piont in this case....

As for the grenade US type ordance is common in this area of the world, and for the right money i'm sure one could but almost anything....It does not prove friendly fire....

Finally, the international covenant on 'child soldiers' has never yet been honoured in his case, by the US or Canada

How many times are we going to cover this same ground.....Terrorism is not covered under the child soldiers covenant...not now not yesterday and not anytime in the near future....Check under the UN , inter national , and Canadain laws they have not been amended to include children under 17 years of age....Mr Khadr is shit out of luck hence why he has not been declared a "Child Soldier" by the defense team....or do the posters here know something his defence team does not.....

Harper is just going to have to suck it up and choke this down, because Omar has every right to be returned to Canada. If 'HarperCanada' wants to try press charges here, so be it: Our courts can figure out the truth.

Mr Harper is in charge of running the country, last time i checked anyways....not the courts.....So until that changes it's the courts and Canadian people that will have to suck it up....

You don't know the facts.

I repeat:

... the US soldiers who were present at the incident stepped up and told the truth, in Omar's defence: Omar could not have thrown the grenade as he was injured and buried in rubble at the time.

Also, forensics showed that the grenade was a US issue - ie, a 'friendly fire' accident.

Once again one statement does not mean he did not do it, besides how do we explain other charges that could be laid....acts of terrorism, perhaps treason, plus others....

I followed it at the time of the hearings, but you can look it up yourself. Point being ... he has not been convicted of anything and it is not appropriate to label him "a murderer" as you did. Legally, at the time of the incident, he was a child of 15.

Considering this ...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/200...rings-0427.html

Of the 775 prisoners who have been held at Guantanamo Bay at one time or another since 2001, about 525 were released without charge, many after years of detention, and two have been convicted of offences.

... the odds seem to be in his favour!

No it clearly shows that our justice system is not set up to put these scumbags on trail....what you forget to mention is that out of those 525 released some 75 have been gone back and are involved in terrorist activities....those are the ones that we know of ...Mr Khadr is the clearest case your going to get...in a war zone....until someone invents a new way to put these guys on trail or gather evidence in a war zone....these guys are going to be let free to roam our streets....i know it gives me a warm and fuzzy....

ny paper.

Edited by Army Guy

Look folks there is not a lot of room for error here. He is a Canadian citizen, with that in mind the responsibility is ours to have him face justice. Face it, the Americans have not exactly tried and convicted him in a manner that we can accept. Even the court system here suggests that as a citizen he needs to be brought back to Canada. So what is the hold up? Strangely it is a Conservative government that is preventing a Canadian citizen from attaining justice, or facing it in my opinion. Being held without a proper trail is rather bogus in my view.

Even the court system here suggests that as a citizen he needs to be brought back to Canada.

Not exactly. The lower court in a split decion has ruled the government should request his extradition/repatriation.

If the ruling is held in the SCoC then I would definately have the PM ask the President for the body of Kadr before they move on to important issues like peewee baseball.

A certificate of Canadian citizenship don't mean much these days as we have seen with the lady trapped in Africa...I am glad that mine says born in Britain - maybe it's worth more than yours - as saint Paul said - I am a Roman citizen and want the right to be tried by Rome and have my head lopped off by the imperial masters -- starting to wonder if declaring Canadian citizenship might just be a detriment?

Look folks there is not a lot of room for error here. He is a Canadian citizen, with that in mind the responsibility is ours to have him face justice. Face it, the Americans have not exactly tried and convicted him in a manner that we can accept. Even the court system here suggests that as a citizen he needs to be brought back to Canada. So what is the hold up? Strangely it is a Conservative government that is preventing a Canadian citizen from attaining justice, or facing it in my opinion. Being held without a proper trail is rather bogus in my view.

There's nothing strange about it at all, they have a base constituency to stroke and keep interested while they turn left on most anything else. They probaby also realize they'd lose hands down in court if we ever tried him here in Canada.

The feds that lag behind in their duties to protect and if neccesary convict a Canadian citizen are still taking orders form Cheney and the boys --- there is a lag time....Big buisness has a lot of clout - remember that Iraq was truely the first corporate war waged by American corporates - who should have kept their asses in the board room and out of the war room-

I like a quote on this because there are provisions within Canadian and inter national law that "DO" allow a nation to strip one of it's citizens of it's citizanship....

Really? I have a hard time believing that myself. If so it stands to reason that a citizen should also be able to divest themselves of their citizenship.

I'd like to see a global movement of people declaring themselves as citizens of Earth and telling anyone who says otherwise they can go piss up a rope.

Omar has commited treason...........pretty straight forward really!! the terrorist pig should get the firing squad!

Besides the fact that we do not have firing squads in Canada, I doubt that treason would be something which would not fall under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

There is something rather perverted about trying someone who was not yet entitled to exercise full membership (voting) of the citizenry with betraying it.

Edited by Remiel

Treason - that would be like an Italian Canadian in 1935 going back to Italy to fight on behalf of the Facisist - and while defending Italy tosses a granade at a Russian...I would call that loyality. What's wrong with that - How many non-white - non-anglos are serving in Afganistan? Almost none- are those that do not sign up treasonous - or just users?

'Christian' values are in no way superior to 'Islamic' values. Islam is a religion of peace. There are simply a lot of people who have distorted and perverted its teachings, just like people have done for Christianity.

When you can take the pebble from my hand.... it will be time for you to leave....

GrassHopper ... erm Moonbox... ;)

Send him to Afghanistan, where he committed the crime. Let a jury of females who had to live under his beloved Taliban rule decide his innocence or guilt. Remember what that man was doing in Afghanistan, forcing women to live a life of servatude being denied sunlight and prisoners in their own homes. Women who had no human rights, who could be raped on a whim and then stoned for being raped. His belief systems is as twisted and ugly as it gets. Wahhabi Islam is a poison, a cancer that needs to be cut out of this planet before any more innocent women and children are forced into a life of sexual slavery and deemed chattel like a sofa or chair. Wahhabi Islam is the kind of Islam the Taliban want to force on the people, it's vile medieval and inhumane and so are many of it's male followers.

Send him to Afghanistan, where he committed the crime. Let a jury of females who had to live under his beloved Taliban rule decide his innocence or guilt. Remember what that man was doing in Afghanistan, forcing women to live a life of servatude being denied sunlight and prisoners in their own homes. Women who had no human rights, who could be raped on a whim and then stoned for being raped. His belief systems is as twisted and ugly as it gets. Wahhabi Islam is a poison, a cancer that needs to be cut out of this planet before any more innocent women and children are forced into a life of sexual slavery and deemed chattel like a sofa or chair. Wahhabi Islam is the kind of Islam the Taliban want to force on the people, it's vile medieval and inhumane and so are many of it's male followers.

That post is half baked feminist eccentric emotional manipulation. The kid was in a building - the building was shot up and bombed - all were dead - he was the lone survivor and was injured..in come the "invaders" - what do you think he thought? Of course he believed they were going to kill him ALSO...still in the alternative - there is no hard evidence that he toss the charge that killed the "medic" and they always like to mention that the man who was alledgedly killed by Khdar was a "medic" as if the term medic sends an imgae to the public of a nasty boy killing and angel of mercy - the whole thing stinks...as much as weapons of mass destruction still stink - there were no good guys in this conflict - all were crimminals.

Send him to Afghanistan, where he committed the crime. Let a jury of females who had to live under his beloved Taliban rule decide his innocence or guilt. Remember what that man was doing in Afghanistan, forcing women to live a life of servatude being denied sunlight and prisoners in their own homes. Women who had no human rights, who could be raped on a whim and then stoned for being raped.

oopsie. The US forgot to list those things on Mr.Khadr's charge sheet: charge sheet

I'm with Moxie on this one. If the US and Canadian governments don't have the intenstinal fortitude to deal with the little murderer, then it's time to let someone else do it. He wants freedom? Send him back to Afghanistan.

I'm with Moxie on this one. If the US and Canadian governments don't have the intenstinal fortitude to deal with the little murderer, then it's time to let someone else do it. He wants freedom? Send him back to Afghanistan.

Agreed....give him a 20 minute head start and use him for Predator training.

Agreed....give him a 20 minute head start and use him for Predator training.

Obviously some of your US soldiers don't agree, including those present at the incident and the one who interrogated Omar. It was courageous and admirable of them to step up and tell the truth, in defense of a boy who had no choices.

It's unfortunate that you don't have the qualities they have.

Obviously some of your US soldiers don't agree, including those present at the incident and the one who interrogated Omar. It was courageous and admirable of them to step up and tell the truth, in defense of a boy who had no choices.

That's great...others wanted to shoot him on the spot and save a lot of paperwork.

It's unfortunate that you don't have the qualities they have.

Well we sure know that you never will.

This terrorist's should of had a bullet put in him when found, who cares how old he is, a terrorist is a terrorist! i like Bush_Cheney2004 idea!! use the scumbag for predator target practice !! we don t need this scum walking the earth and we certainly don t want him back in Canada...we have enough terrorist's slithering around this country already!

Edited by wulf42