Omar Khdar

Topaz

Besides the fact that we do not have firing squads in Canada, I doubt that treason would be something which would not fall under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

There is something rather perverted about trying someone who was not yet entitled to exercise full membership (voting) of the citizenry with betraying it.

No we don't have firing squads and that is a shame!.....A terrorist's is an enemy to this country and a clear and present threat! He should be shot as a saboteur or spy...and as far as the youth criminal act??? that idiotic legislature should have been scrapped long ago!! we need a Texas style law, there if you commit violent crimes murder terrorism etc...........it's death row for you no exception!! These little punk asses today literally get away with murder with a slap on the wrist or the whole thing gets held up for years in court usually just to have the case thrown out because of some minor thing! Harper has his hands tied with a minority Government things would change drastically if he gets a majority ......this country has been under Liberalism for way too long with their silly "oh buts its just a child" crap! and it has affected Canadians by turning them soft and passive! Sorry but if your 15 years old you are fully aware of what your doing........the U.S. soldiers that found Omar should have done Canada a favour and put him down where they found him ! end of story nothing left to debate!

Edited by wulf42

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously some of your US soldiers don't agree, including those present at the incident and the one who interrogated Omar. It was courageous and admirable of them to step up and tell the truth, in defense of a boy who had no choices.

It's unfortunate that you don't have the qualities they have.

Just so we can clear this up once and for all , why don't you provide a quote or citation that states that SOME meaning more than one us Soldier whom was present at the fire fight that seen Omar capture.....believes he was inocent of the murder charges now filed again'st him....

And while here in Canada the Age 15 is considered a child, not so in Afghan he was considered an adult....free to do or go as he wished....And while you continue to paint this young man as a hopeless and misguided child....your mistaken...He has made a chioce to take up arms again'st NATO troops, lets not forget that our own nations troops are part of that coalition...and where on the ground fighting with US forces during this period of time.....

Worth quoting on Khadr as a fashionable lefty cause.

The Canadian Bar Association is obsessed. A search of its website yields 232 items about Khadr. What about other Canadians trapped overseas, such as Huseyn Celil, a Canadian citizen currently being held on trumped-up charges by China, or William Sampson, who was held and tortured in Saudi Arabia? They are non-persons to the CBA -- no press releases for them, and no mentions on its website.

Ezra

Edited by Argus

Only lefties in Canada..would defend this terrorist's rights.......good God what is happening to this country, what is wrong with some of you people?? this maggot was trying to kill Nato forces and you defend him???.......whose side are you on anyway?

We can't pick and choose whose rights we defend.

Oh and why is that???...............why in the hell would we defend a terrorist who is bent on our destruction have any more rights than a Racoon with Rabies??? These people forfeit their rights when these choose to join the enemy and wage war against us!..they have commited treason and should be either shot or imprisoned for life!

Oh and why is that???...............why in the hell would we defend a terrorist who is bent on our destruction have any more rights than a Racoon with Rabies??? These people forfeit their rights when these choose to join the enemy and wage war against us!..they have commited treason and should be either shot or imprisoned for life!

I hear you dude, but smallc is right. Rights are for everyone.

We can't pick and choose whose rights we defend.

Your right in a perfect world we should be defending everyones rights, but life is not always like that, and our history is full of examples of Canada doing just that defending the rights of Canadians we chose to ....

Argus provides a few names of Canadians that perhaps are more deserving of our time and resources but are pushed to the side lines forgotten....Mr Khadr is still in the news....hence why all the hoopla....hence why everyones britches are in a bunch...or people are scrambling to get in the lime light, get thier piece of the pie....

Actually the Americans have every right to try and convict this thug.........it was their soldiers he was trying to kill!!

plus the fact the Americans will not be so soft on him as Canada would! If i were Harper i would tell the Americans "you caught him... you keep him!!" do whatever the hell you want with this pig!

This terrorist's should of had a bullet put in him when found, who cares how old he is, a terrorist is a terrorist! i like Bush_Cheney2004 idea!! use the scumbag for predator target practice !! we don t need this scum walking the earth and we certainly don t want him back in Canada...we have enough terrorist's slithering around this country already!

See, wulf, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that I am not the only person on this messageboard who would wager money that, if you had been born into a fundamentalist Muslim family, you would be a terrorist yourself. You are advocating for how we ought to treat people who, once we strip away the upbringing, are exactly like you. If you disagree, maybe you should ask yourself what it is about your posting style that leads some to think you are like a rabid dog. "Our" rabid dog, but a rabid dog nonetheless.

See, wulf, I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that I am not the only person on this messageboard who would wager money that, if you had been born into a fundamentalist Muslim family, you would be a terrorist yourself. You are advocating for how we ought to treat people who, once we strip away the upbringing, are exactly like you. If you disagree, maybe you should ask yourself what it is about your posting style that leads some to think you are like a rabid dog. "Our" rabid dog, but a rabid dog nonetheless.

The Americans should have tried and convicted him in the first place. It was their moral duty to seek resolution in a court of law. For whatever reason this was not done, justice is waiting.

The Americans should have tried and convicted him in the first place. It was their moral duty to seek resolution in a court of law. For whatever reason this was not done, justice is waiting.

Correct. Reasonable people were never asking for anything other than a fair trial.

I'm not sure what your point is. If I'd been born into a Mafia family I suppose I'd be a murderer and criminal. Does that mean everyone should sympathise with me when the police and government treat me badly?

lol.........the only thing i am advocating is locking up or getting rid of terrorist's which our soldiers are trying to do!.....! It really

is as simple as that, you see i support our troops and i support their mission unlike many on here who root for the other side and defend terrorist's actions as "freedom fighters" i know many soldiers and as Army Guy has said they feel the Canadian public has let them down and do you know what??? They have...we should be behind our soldiers 100% and their mission (which by the way keeps you a hell of alot safer than if they weren't in Afghanistan) Al Qaeda used Afghanistan as a training base to wage war against the west prior to 9/11!! our guys are keeping them to busy slithering around in caves trying to save their own hides to bother with us!! i think it is a good day everytime our soldiers off a Taliban, if being a patriotic Canadian makes me a rabid dog so be it! at least i sleep better knowing i don t support the enemy!

btw-Maybe my posting style is offensive to some but i am honest and i get to the point i don t waste time talking in riddles as many do! there is no guessing where i stand on a subject!... ;)

Edited by wulf42