A Hamas Parable

jbg

A Hamas Parable (link)

A Brit, an Italian and an Israeli soldier were kidnapped by Hamas. The Brit is given a cup of tea; the Italian, a bowl of pasta; the Israeli is hog-tied and handcuffed.

The Brit demands sugar and cream; the Italian, a meatball; and the Israeli some water. Hamas grants the Brit and the Italian their wishes; but the Israeli soldier is beaten.

After about an hour of severe beating, the solder suddenly rips off his shackles, pulls out a machine gun from nowhere and blows all the Hamas guys away.

The Brit and the Italian are astonished. "Why didn't you do that at the very beginning," they ask?

"Because then," replies the Israeli solder, "I would have been accused of agression."

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an observation...

We all know what Hammas is capable of doing to Israel and vice versa.

but....

I have always been wondering why people keep bringing these fine examples of israelis with brits or americans as if they are inseparable buddies at birth!?

One thing for sure one could have replaced the example of the brits soldier with a turk. Afterall Turkey is in a much closer proximity and given the history of Ottomans would be a fine example. As for the italian they could be replaced with the friendly peace loving Jordanian/Egyptian.

Edited by kactus

When someone is trying to kill you,you have no choice but to hit back....hard.Sadly,Israel does not seem to have this right in the eyes of much of the world.For the life of me,I can't understand how groups like Hamas or Hezbollah,who want nothing less than the complete destruction of Israel and her inhabitants,are always ahead in the arena of public opinion.

When someone is trying to kill you,you have no choice but to hit back....hard.Sadly,Israel does not seem to have this right in the eyes of much of the world.For the life of me,I can't understand how groups like Hamas or Hezbollah,who want nothing less than the complete destruction of Israel and her inhabitants,are always ahead in the arena of public opinion.

Whilst I understand what you are implying here my position is not taking sides either with Israel or Hammas! My point of contention primarily focuses on Israel's PR machine at work and the image they have created of themselves in the ME. Same goes for Hammas propaganda machine. If they (Israel) are not even getting that right amongst the muslim worlds (countries like Turkey/ Jordan) then what chances do they have with the rest of the world other than sucking up to brits and americans for all their problems?

I have always been wondering why people keep bringing these fine examples of israelis with brits or americans as if they are inseparable buddies at birth!?
The groups should be inseparable buddies, as being about the only peoples that have shown themselves capable consistently of self-rule without implosion or explosion.

If they (Israel) are not even getting that right amongst the muslim worlds (countries like Turkey/ Jordan) then what chances do they have with the rest of the world other than sucking up to brits and americans for all their problems?
Better than sucking up to Qadafi, Ahmejenejad (sp, should be "I'm a Dinner Jacket") and the like.

Whilst I understand what you are implying here my position is not taking sides either with Israel or Hammas! My point of contention primarily focuses on Israel's PR machine at work and the image they have created of themselves in the ME. Same goes for Hammas propaganda machine. If they (Israel) are not even getting that right amongst the muslim worlds (countries like Turkey/ Jordan) then what chances do they have with the rest of the world other than sucking up to brits and americans for all their problems?
What "sides"? Israel is a sovereign nation responsible for and to its people. Hamas is a lawless organization of murderous terrorists who represent no one but themselves. Lawless terrorist groups do not have a side in international affairs. Edited by WestViking

Lawless terrorist groups do not have a side in international affairs.
In the fantasy world of the New York Times, Toronto Star, www.rabble.ca, www.democraticunderground.com and www.dailykos.com they do.

Well, you did know that anything Jewish MUST be bad - didn't you?

Borg

What "sides"? Israel is a sovereign nation responsible for and to its people. Hamas is a lawless organization of murderous terrorists who represent no one but themselves. Lawless terrorist groups do not have a side in international affairs.

Well believe it or not they do amongst palestinians. That's how they got the vote in the first place. I agree with the notion that Israel is a sovereign nation but my point was and still is that as a responsible nation first it should mend ties with her neighbours. If every single country in the region is unhappy with your policies (I am not referring to you it's quite rhetorical) then maybe you should look deep inside and analyse what's wrong instead of alienating yoruself.

I'd like to introduce a standard phrase token; it doesn't really matter which words would go in it, let's say "four decades world". It'd refer to this very credible idea (that some really (want to) believe) that the world was created in about 1949, and then the lights went up on the Day 1, the situation was as we know it now, with an angelically blameless newlyborn entity on one side, and a host of hellish fiends on the other. It's been discussed to death, so whenever one of these floating threads would pop up, I'll just use the phrase token as a shorther, and environmentally friendly substitution of any number of threads related to historical origins of the issue.

Well believe it or not they do amongst palestinians. That's how they got the vote in the first place. I agree with the notion that Israel is a sovereign nation but my point was and still is that as a responsible nation first it should mend ties with her neighbours. If every single country in the region is unhappy with your policies (I am not referring to you it's quite rhetorical) then maybe you should look deep inside and analyse what's wrong instead of alienating yoruself.
That's tough when every single one of your neighbors prefer you dead.

And of course, it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery objective and impartial (by any stretch - of imagination). Still does not change the fact that nobody has neither legal nor "moral" right, or authority, to "create" a new state in an area already populated by other people. Without their consent that is.

And of course, it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery objective and impartial (by any stretch - of imagination). Still does not change the fact that nobody has neither legal nor "moral" right, or authority, to "create" a new state in an area already populated by other people. Without their consent that is.

Wasn't a problem for Canada or the United States. Consent is way overrated too.

Sure it is, but the articles aren't. I think they give a great example of what the Mufti was up to. Many folks, maybe yourself, like to forget about this aspect of the Palestinian "Zionist" Movement. As far back as 1919, this fellow was terrorizing the Jewish community in the British Mandate...former Ottoman Turk Empire.

Wasn't a problem for Canada or the United States. Consent is way overrated too.

Yah - when she says no she really means yes - Just like Iraq - she said no and the U S took that as a yes....there is no need of consent when you have total domination and power - and no one to answer too. IF a Palastinian worker crosses into Israel to work for 3 dollars an hour - I guess that is consent - If you have not choice - then legalist call that consent - if you are coersed, that is considered consent by the powerful.

Yah - when she says no she really means yes - Just like Iraq - she said no and the U S took that as a yes....there is no need of consent when you have total domination and power - and no one to answer too. IF a Palastinian worker crosses into Israel to work for 3 dollars an hour - I guess that is consent - If you have not choice - then legalist call that consent - if you are coersed, that is considered consent by the powerful.

Right....there is no consent in the end. There is only power...those who have it...and those who want it.

Minimum wage in Israel is 3,850Sh per month. Approx the same as Canada in terms of lifestyle and buying power. Anything else is illegal under-the table wages.

Sure it is, but the articles aren't. I think they give a great example of what the Mufti was up to. Many folks, maybe yourself, like to forget about this aspect of the Palestinian "Zionist" Movement. As far back as 1919, this fellow was terrorizing the Jewish community in the British Mandate...former Ottoman Turk Empire.

Of course these fingers must be pointed somewhere (else), or how else would we justify (otherwise very very doubtful, for a polite term) "process" of creation? It's not like we know that all was done nicely, cleanly and legally, so there had to be a good, solid reason!

But guess what. If my sh.. can be justified by him doing it, it also works the other way around. So, it goes. The endless cycle of sh.. hitting the fan. Hardly surprising, and don't expect it to change anytime soon. Because nobody here (even the most moral and humanly liberators of all and everywhere) is about to abandon the old tricks.

myata: ...so there had to be a good, solid reason!

The Mufti is a good solid reason. I see no point in furthering the Neo-Nazi dreams of this man which live on in Hamas and other like-minded groups. I mean seriously...why do you support a movement started by a General in the SS who was a key player in The Holocaust? Arafat (not his 'real' name) was his nephew and other "al-Husseinis" continue with associations with Hamas and Hezbollah.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Still does not change the fact that nobody has neither legal nor "moral" right, or authority, to "create" a new state in an area already populated by other people. Without their consent that is.
Was it right to carve Pakistan out of colonial India and displace Hindus living in places like Karachi, who would be in mortal danger under Islamic rule?