A Hamas Parable

jbg

Was it right to carve Pakistan out of colonial India and displace Hindus living in places like Karachi, who would be in mortal danger under Islamic rule?

"Mortal danger under Islamic rule" - true - can you imagine someone being in mortal danger under Christian or Jewish rule? - ooooh - alter boys and Palistinian poor people....who the hell runs these orgainizations - like Hamas - or Israel - or the Vatican ---? Seems like just about everybody is in mortal danger these days form these freaks.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well believe it or not they do amongst palestinians. That's how they got the vote in the first place. I agree with the notion that Israel is a sovereign nation but my point was and still is that as a responsible nation first it should mend ties with her neighbours. If every single country in the region is unhappy with your policies (I am not referring to you it's quite rhetorical) then maybe you should look deep inside and analyse what's wrong instead of alienating yoruself.
The 'palestinians' are a recent creation of Yassir Arafat and the PLO; Arafat needed to give this rag-tag group of displaced Arabs which none of the surrounding states would take in as refugees a name and story to crate sympathy in nations outside the Middle East. He succeeded and has western nations feeding the squatters through the United Nations while Arab nations supply them with arms and propaganda to stir up anger at Israel. There are no far more dupes (dopes) supporting this insanity from outside the Middle East than there are 'palestinians'. Why doesn't Europe throw open its doors to immigrants from Gaza and the West Bank and solve the problem overnight?

The 'palestinians' are a recent creation of Yassir Arafat and the PLO; Arafat needed to give this rag-tag group of displaced Arabs which none of the surrounding states would take in as refugees a name and story to crate sympathy in nations outside the Middle East. He succeeded and has western nations feeding the squatters through the United Nations while Arab nations supply them with arms and propaganda to stir up anger at Israel. There are no far more dupes (dopes) supporting this insanity from outside the Middle East than there are 'palestinians'. Why doesn't Europe throw open its doors to immigrants from Gaza and the West Bank and solve the problem overnight?

Well, this article gives a clue as to what could happen, as it has already in Malmo, Sweden. Excerpts below (link to article):

*snip*

Now in Malmo, Sweden, a city where a quarter of the population is Muslim, there are some parts of the city where buses refuse to go for fear of safety. Fireman, policemen, and ambulance drivers have been attacked in certain sections when trying to do their job. Swedes, though, are not an easy soundbite, perhaps because they are so thoughtful. They try to see things from every side. We went out with a policeman on patrol and spoke to him while he was walking around in the dangerous part of town. At one point I stopped him and said, "How does it feel to you, personally, when you come here trying to do your job, trying to help someone, and people throw rocks at you?" His response was that it was "a little annoying." Annoying. I imagined what kind of a colorful response I could have gotten from a New York policeman.

*snip*

Mufti, no mufti, apoufti, any reason is good, as long as it gets us where we need to get. Compare "45 minutes ballistic threat", "WMD attack by Iraq", and earlier "Vietnam boats attacking US military", "Cuba as an imminent danger to our democracy", "nationalist government in Iran is a big no", yada, etc.

Whoever had (and still has?) any doubts.

Mufti, no mufti, apoufti, any reason is good, as long as it gets us where we need to get. Compare "45 minutes ballistic threat", "WMD attack by Iraq", and earlier "Vietnam boats attacking US military", "Cuba as an imminent danger to our democracy", "nationalist government in Iran is a big no", yada, etc.

Whoever had (and still has?) any doubts.

No worries. Lots of folks back in the 1930s thought Hitler was a good idea, too.

Not too sure about this Westviking! Are you implying that there were no palestinians in the region before Yassir Arrafat came to power? I mean if you wanna look at it from a palestinian/ arab perspective they would say why doesn't Europe open its doors to jews from Israel and solve the problem overnight! So where do we go from here?

Certainly Hitler was a monster, but a lesser one, in the shade of that truly evil "mufti". Only that could explain, in terms of normal human logic, why his (mufti's) people had to be punished by permanent reallocation of a half of their lands to the persecuted, while other, lesser culprits (like Mussolini; Romania's whatever the name is; probably a host of others; and not to forget, granted, Hitler himself), got away with only personal responsibility.

Yes, very convincing. Whatever works (45 minutes, WMD, Tonkin, .....), as long as we (want to) believe.

Of course, the more we squirm, close our eyes, plug our ears, erase memories, the longer and costlier the road to the eventual settlement will be. But who cares, right? Maybe it (the settlement) isn't even the point?

So where do we go from here?

The obvious direction in which the solution lies is "out there":

1) Admit the injustices of the past (and offer compensation);

2) Propose fair plan of separation;

3) Guarantee of peace to both parties and offer material aid;

We (Isreal and its supporters) appear to be having problems in the #1 and #2 departments. Hence, the elephants.

We (Isreal and its supporters) appear to be having problems in the #1 and #2 departments. Hence, the elephants.

Again...they had a 'fair plan for separation', but the fellow I'm no longer supposed to mention as he's an embarasment to folks like kactus, opted for war with the Israel rather than accepting their half of the lands of the former British mandate.

Certainly Hitler was a monster, but a lesser one, in the shade of that truly evil "mufti". Only that could explain, in terms of normal human logic, why his (mufti's) people had to be punished by permanent reallocation of a half of their lands to the persecuted, while other, lesser culprits (like Mussolini; Romania's whatever the name is; probably a host of others; and not to forget, granted, Hitler himself), got away with only personal responsibility.

Yes, very convincing. Whatever works (45 minutes, WMD, Tonkin, .....), as long as we (want to) believe.

Of course, the more we squirm, close our eyes, plug our ears, erase memories, the longer and costlier the road to the eventual settlement will be. But who cares, right? Maybe it (the settlement) isn't even the point?

Keep apologizing for Nazis. It amuses me.

Just an observation...

We all know what Hammas is capable of doing to Israel and vice versa.

but....

I have always been wondering why people keep bringing these fine examples of israelis with brits or americans as if they are inseparable buddies at birth!?

One thing for sure one could have replaced the example of the brits soldier with a turk. Afterall Turkey is in a much closer proximity and given the history of Ottomans would be a fine example. As for the italian they could be replaced with the friendly peace loving Jordanian/Egyptian.

Who are these people you refer to? You think his style let alone line of referencing is wide spread? Did it ever dawn on you his style of comedy may be isolated only to himself.

You going to use his joke telling to engage in such stereotypes? Really?

Me when I tell jokes I usually include with a Jewish guy if I use a Jewish guy Paris Hilton and a Newfoundlander and a Quebecois since I am from Montreal originally. Paris you just have to get in there. I don't use Lindsay Lohan anymore. Now that she has switched back to the A team certain guys think they have a chance with her and tell me to lay off her now. Personally I think her cold sores make for great comedy material.

You were doing fine until you just could not resist the partisan shots and reverted to the usual name calling.

Here's a hint-as long as you are so quick to launch into such rhetoric, as long as you feel so unable to resist such rhetoric and pointing the finger, it may continue to take more time and no in this instance, its you not some Israel supporter causing the hold up.

Don't piss up wind. It comes back to haunt you everytime.

Again...they had a 'fair plan for separation', but the

"Fair" in most people's common sense of course means "negotiated and agreed by us", rather than "fair, as we defined it for you".

Keep apologizing for Nazis

Default argument #0 (when out of any more plausible ones). Of course I cannot dispute on this level. But you're free to continue with a mirror, you'll do very well.

its you not some Israel supporter causing the hold up.

Bah, me really? Oops, how could we not see it? It's even easier than "mufti", don't even have to go far.

OK you know what, now that you opened my eyes, and only for the sake of greater peace, I'll contribute my part and say all what you want to hear: 1) there's absolutely nothing wrong with colonizing, then splitting then creating a new state on lands already populated by other people. And of course, 2) any state can seize (procure, secure, whatever) any territory it likes and build its fully and absolutely legal settlements in it.

There you go. Now, please go and check back in the Middle East, all their problems should now be solved. That was easy! It's OK, no thanks needed.

Edited by myata

"Fair" in most people's common sense of course means "negotiated and agreed by us", rather than "fair, as we defined it for you".

Ohhhh...I get it. You think Palestine was a country that the evil West disbanded to make way for ISRAEL. Shows Hamas's propaganda is working, anyways.

In reality, 'Palestine' was what appeared after the British beat the Turks during WW1. The Turks held the area for 500+ years...doubt there are 'Palestinians' that old.

Default argument #0 (when out of any more plausible ones). Of course I cannot dispute on this level. But you're free to continue with a mirror, you'll do very well.

By supporting Hamas or Hezbollah in any fashion, you're supporting Nazism. But, don't worry. Lots of folks in the West think it's a 'cool' thing to do. You're not alone.

By supporting him and and his creed you support a Nazi movement that called for the death of all Jews...still does.

Right sir!2 This is getting very childish now I challenge you to substantiate your claim above. Where on earth did you get the idea that "folks like me" suppoted Mufti? Unless you can prove it on this thread then I see nothing but a bunch of drivel and personal attacks...

Bah, me really? Oops, how could we not see it? It's even easier than "mufti", don't even have to go far.

OK you know what, now that you opened my eyes, and only for the sake of greater peace, I'll contribute my part and say all what you want to hear: 1) there's absolutely nothing wrong with colonizing, then splitting then creating a new state on lands already populated by other people. And of course, 2) any state can seize (procure, secure, whatever) any territory it likes and build its fully and absolutely legal settlements in it.

There you go. Now, please go and check back in the Middle East, all their problems should now be solved. That was easy! It's OK, no thanks needed.

You know this problem isn't only unique to middle east it's human's nature. Unfortunately in the case of Israel/ palestinians they both side of the coin sucks as they both have their propaganda machine and share of blame.

Try this experiment: If you have a garden wall that you share with your neighbour offer to rebuild it at your expense. However, what you do is just widen your part of the garden by 2 inches, no more than 2 inches. Now never mind the number of times you will have shared drinks with your neighbour, never mind the age/religion/shared experiences/endless chats/dinners/shared DIY tools/baby sitting/family deaths etc. That 2 inches (even if it is riddled with weeds and slugs) will overtake yours and your neighbours life. Its human nature, there is a genetic mechanism in our bodies that revolts against what is taken away from us especially land.

Edited by kactus

Right sir!2 This is getting very childish now I challenge you to substantiate your claim above. Where on earth did you get the idea that "folks like me" suppoted Mufti? Unless you can prove it on this thread then I see nothing but a bunch of drivel and personal attacks...

By supporting Hamas, fellows like you and dub are supporting the Grand Mufti.

Yup as expected a bunch of drivel is confirmed and you are full of it!

No. My message is simple. Support Hamas = Support Nazis. Much like Galloway and Pappe, there are no more real capital 'C' communists to support, so now they hitch their wagons to the next best thing. I am forced to assume you, as well.