'World duped by Hamas death count'

M.Dancer

The international community had been given a vastly distorted impression of the death toll because of "false reporting" by Hamas, said Col. Moshe Levi, the head of the IDF's Gaza Coordination and Liaison Administration (CLA), which compiled the IDF figures.

As an example of such distortion, he cited the incident near a UN school in Jabalya on January 6, in which initial Palestinian reports falsely claimed IDF shells had hit the school and killed 40 or more people, many of them civilians.

In fact, he said, 12 Palestinians were killed in the incident - nine Hamas operatives and three noncombatants. Furthermore, as had since been acknowledged by the UN, the IDF was returning fire after coming under attack, and its shells did not hit the school compound.

The CLA gave the Post the names of several fatalities who it said had been classified by the Palestinians as "medics," but who it stated were Hamas fighters, including Anas Naim, the nephew of Hamas Health Minister Bassem Naim, who was killed during clashes with the IDF on January 4 in the Sheikh Ajlin neighborhood of Gaza City.

Following the clashes, the Palestinian press reported that Naim was killed and that he was a medic with the Palestinian Red Crescent. The Gaza CLA, however, produced photographs of Naim posing holding a rocket-propelled grenade launcher and a Kalashnikov assault rifle that had been posted on a Hamas Web site.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

An impartial observer might be inclined to view the Israeli account with a bit of skepticism if it weren't for the fact that the Palestinians have a long history of faking funerals, inflating body counts and putting civilians purposely in harm's way to achieve a world reaction favourable to their side.

For them, turning a fighter into a medic or a civilian shield into a casualty is an important front in the psychological battlefield for the hearts and souls of their dupes who already believe Israel is commiting "systematic genocide"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An impartial observer might be inclined to view the Israeli account with a bit of skepticism if it weren't for the fact that the Palestinians have a long history of faking funerals, inflating body counts and putting civilians purposely in harm's way to achieve a world reaction favourable to their side.

That's all true.

However it's also true that the IDF has a long history of deflating body counts and classifying civilians killed in the midst of gun battles with militants as militants.

Which is why no rational person should look at IDF or Hamas statistics, but instead get their information from neutral observers such as the Red Crescent

That's all true.

However it's also true that the IDF has a long history of deflating body counts and classifying civilians killed in the midst of gun battles with militants as militants.

Which is why no rational person should look at IDF or Hamas statistics, but instead get their information from neutral observers such as the Red Crescent

An impartial observer might be inclined to view Morris' characterization with a bit of skepticism because of his long history of deliberately sanctifying one side, demonizing the other, inflaming the situation in general and doing everything he can to keep it inflamed.

An impartial observer might be inclined to view Morris' characterization with a bit of skepticism because of his long history of deliberately sanctifying one side, demonizing the other, inflaming the situation in general and doing everything he can to keep it inflamed.

Remember Conrad Black the highly trust worth former owner of the Jerusalem Post? How could such a news paper be even slightly off the mark, in accurate or deceptive? Impossible - I believe everything I read...and I trust those that have tin soldiers and every book ever written on Napoleon.

... inflaming the situation in general and doing everything he can to keep it inflamed.

Among other things, you have an highly over inflated sense of my gravity on the world scene.

But alas it is true, I am the reason the Arabs hate the Jews and I do everything including the mixing of arab baby's blood in the passover matza to keep their hatred burning....

Among other things, you have an highly over inflated sense of my gravity on the world scene.

But alas it is true, I am the reason the Arabs hate the Jews and I do everything including the mixing of arab baby's blood in the passover matza to keep their hatred burning....

If there was peace and well being in the middle east for all ---- many many people would be without a purpose...Privateerist warriors are habitualists and addicted to strife....and that "baby's blood" comment proves your critic right! Why the hell would you inflame in such a manner - ironic - You just did what you are eccused of.. :lol:

at the risk of throwing out blanket statements; you are part of the reason why jews hate arabs.

at the risk of throwing out blanket statements; you are part of the reason why jews hate arabs.

Yah it goes way back something about Cain the vegitarian killing Able who started the first meat packing plant. Got liked meat and did not appreciate the basket of carrots...so the first murder by one semite of another was done by a vegan ----- and they say meat makes you aggressive? :rolleyes:

Yeesh. I am not sure you will ever get a cooking show on t.v. now. No wait I take it back. You just might. Mickey Rourke should be your co-host.

Yah it goes way back something about Cain the vegitarian killing Able who started the first meat packing plant. Got liked meat and did not appreciate the basket of carrots...so the first murder by one semite of another was done by a vegan ----- and they say meat makes you aggressive? :rolleyes:

Oleg just admit it. You are the way you are because of Big Macs. But hey no one is perfect. I am the result of a Whopper or Two. (of course with fake orange mutant cheese)

Oleg just admit it. You are the way you are because of Big Macs. But hey no one is perfect. I am the result of a Whopper or Two. (of course with fake orange mutant cheese)

That sounds particularly funny coming from you. :rolleyes:

Oh look, here's some more nonsense:

i like you rue. you're quite the philosopher. i just wish you were open and honest about how you feel about the wrong doings by your "team".

There is no nutritional value in Big Macs- plus they cost to much...and I do not do Mcwhatsitsname. Fake orange mutant cheese? _ are you pagarizing my style? I think you like me... :rolleyes: Flattery will not work. Send gold and a new white horse - then we will talk.

And here I thought that some Jews, ie, a lot of those who live in Israel, hated Arabs because the Arabs have been trying to kill them for the last couple of generations.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

For them, turning a fighter into a medic or a civilian shield into a casualty is an important front in the psychological battlefield for the hearts and souls of their dupes who already believe Israel is commiting "systematic genocide"

That's right Dancer.

No Palestinians were actually killed. It's all just Hollywood makeup, smoke and mirrors.

The bodies of those children, are really just kids with makeup on who get up and dance in the tulip fields as soon as the cameras are off.

And naturally, those alleged terrible living conditions are all a front. Underground, all Palestinians have huge lavish mansions adorned with the finest art and the occasional swastika (because the Pallies all hate the Joooos, don't you know)

For a country that has a hissy fit, whenever someone wants to examine the actual holocaust numbers, it seems surprising that Israel would want to stoop to that level.

For a country that has a hissy fit, whenever someone wants to examine the actual holocaust numbers, it seems surprising that Israel would want to stoop to that level.

That makes no sense no matter what context it is in. You mean Jews right? Or is it Jooos?

That's right Dancer.

No Palestinians were actually killed. It's all just Hollywood makeup, smoke and mirrors.

The bodies of those children, are really just kids with makeup on who get up and dance in the tulip fields as soon as the cameras are off.

And naturally, those alleged terrible living conditions are all a front. Underground, all Palestinians have huge lavish mansions adorned with the finest art and the occasional swastika (because the Pallies all hate the Joooos, don't you know)

What M.Dancer is refering to and I agree is the industry known as Pallywood. Their figures can't be trusted simply because they've lied in the past...you know...like getting cross-examined in a court. 'You've lied before; why should we trust you now?' Nobody can confirm Hamas's numbers with any certainty.

As for Israel having a 'hissy-fit' when people want to examine the records: Not true...nor does Israel control the records (Germany does). The determining factor for being allowed access to the vast Nazi records is one's academic credentials. So, no...Joe Sixpack isn't going to allowed to paw through them...no more than you'd want unqualified tourists 'helping' at an archaeological dig.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Archaeology is the search for fact...not truth. If it's truth you're looking for, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall.

---Indiana Jones

Rue has condemend his team a lot more than you have condemned yours.

Whether it occurs by design or just naturally it seems condemnation is often proportionally assigned. Is it the number of people killed or the size of each side's military budget or the amount of aid they receive from other interefering nations or the amount of effort or rhetoric that's used to dupe the world or something else that causes this?

In any case trying to dupe the world doesn't help anyone no matter who's doing it. All that picking sides does is encourage more of the same and helps even less.

You're actually keeping score? Care to share your data or are you just making this up?

The Hamas death count is not at issue and who gives a damn - it is the civilian body count that is important - Hamas wants to kill and be killed - that is their buisness...but it is not the buisness of average people like you and I to be blown up when they kill ONE Hamas and take 30 civilians with them everytime. It looks like the policy of engagement was to kill as many as possible if not all if they could. When you bomb or straffe a highly populated area you know you are killing civlians and lots of them...The Israelis have sophisticated platforms hovering over the area - they once a rocket launch was detected kill the launchers within a minute...instead of taking this practical and honest approach they would hit a house where their intelligent people said a Hamas was stationed...killing everyone in the house and all those in surrounding houses...if they could take the time to find a hidden target...Then they surely could have taken the time to find a target with a missle trail leading down to it.