Obama Kills 16 Civilians In Afghanistan

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

Karzai said the killing of innocent Afghans during U.S. military operations "is strengthening the terrorists."

AP

Not only does he kill 16 innocent civilians, but he also kills several Taliban or Al Qaeda without any trial. If he thinks Gitmo's existence creates terrorists for Al Qaeda, what does he think the results of military actions such as these will be? And will anyone dare question the Messiah for speaking out of both sides of his mouth?

On second thought, even if somebody dared ask him, he'd probably just insist they don't waste their time, and ask a different question.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On second thought, even if somebody dared ask him, he'd probably just insist they don't waste their time, and ask a different question.

I think if you ever cross the border they should check to make sure you aren't armed. Sounds like you are on a mission.

"Obama Kills 16 Civilians In Afghanistan"

Would you be complaining if Dubya had ordered this operation, and would you call him a murderer? Just curious, since the new administration is just settling in and these sorts of tactical moves have been planned for several weeks or months in advance.

Obama's approval rating has dropped 15 points, and with actions like this, it will continue to drop. I can just imagine leftwingers in NY going, "What the hell?" and becoming deeply jaded about two-faced politicians. Serves them right.

Catchy thread title.

Yet his favouribility rating is 80%. What is the Republicans? Oh is it 30% no wait it is lower sorry got it wrong.

....Just curious, since the new administration is just settling in and these sorts of tactical moves have been planned for several weeks or months in advance.

OK...just let us know when all the warmonger baby killin' is officially on President Obama's watch. I thought he became Commander-In-Chief last Tuesday, but I could be wrong.

Suddenly the right-wingers have become anti-war. Nice going Obama. That's the kind of change we work towards.

That's what turns a lot of people off about politics! Back when Bill Clinton was president, and had these little proxy wars going in Somalia, Kosovo and Bosnia, Rush Limbaugh and the other right wing gas bags were attacking John McCain for supporting an "illegal" invasion of a sovereign nation to take sides in an internal civil war. After Dubya became president, every war was accompanied by flag-waving and charges of disloyalty and treason for those critics of the much larger and more costly proxy wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

For the remainder of Obama's presidency, expect every military action to be attacked as foreign intervention, as the Right goes back to Fortress America mode.

OK...just let us know when all the warmonger baby killin' is officially on President Obama's watch. I thought he became Commander-In-Chief last Tuesday, but I could be wrong.

I agreed with rightwing talkradio when they were attacking Clinton's proxy wars that were done mainly for domestic polling considerations. And I was sickened by how quickly they became unquestioning lapdogs for every use of troops by Bush, plus using criminal strategies like torture and secret prisons; if Clinton had approved water-boarding, you guys wouldn't be able to shut up about it!

The problem with the Right is it's all about power; do whatever is necessary to achieve and maintain power, and make endless idiotic excuses for the mistakes and abuses of the chosen authorities, because it's all for a higher purpose! Zeig Heil!

Tables have turned.

Obama Derrangement Syndrome has kicked in.

The people complaining about Obama, said little to dick all when Bush was in power and the SAME things were happening. All we need to do is look at post histories of people like Shady and Sharkman .....

Yes civilians die, and it is a shame, always is no matter how it is sliced. But I guess that might be due to crappy intelligence, like what led to the Iraq invasion/occupation. SURE it was policy for regime change. And Policy will continue, no matter what president is in charge.

BC

It took 9/11 to show us what kind of leader Bush was .. maybe Biden is working on that 'crisis' that will really test Obama. Watch out civilians !!!!

WIP

I agreed with rightwing talkradio when they were attacking Clinton's proxy wars that were done mainly for domestic polling considerations. And I was sickened by how quickly they became unquestioning lapdogs for every use of troops by Bush, plus using criminal strategies like torture and secret prisons; if Clinton had approved water-boarding, you guys wouldn't be able to shut up about it!

Kind of like how Limbaugh (yea a becon of enlightenment there) supported everything when the Reps/Bush was in power. And now have done a 180 because for the most part, policy will continue and not much Obama can do about it and they will put the blame on Obama.

BC, I must commend you on one thing. The fact you have always stated 'policy' was the driving force behind everything. We will be able to witness that as Obama continues on in his Presidency.

BC, I must commend you on one thing. The fact you have always stated 'policy' was the driving force behind everything. We will be able to witness that as Obama continues on in his Presidency.

Yes I too have admired BC for being honest about his own pagan ethos, he's also correctly pointed out that Canada is just as culpable as his country for the ongoing policy of Western imperialism no matter who's been leading it or who's been in power.

Of all the freedoms the 'scumbags' hate the most its probably the freedom to be so blasé.

I can't speak for all rightwingers, but I for one am a tiny bit relieved in this one area concerning Obama and bombings. Its enjoyable to see Obama supporters saying absolutely nothing about the fact their hero ordered the killing of 16 people in one shot. It's going to be fun watching his approval ratings slide.

I can't speak for all rightwingers, but I for one am a tiny bit relieved in this one area concerning Obama and bombings. Its enjoyable to see Obama supporters saying absolutely nothing about the fact their hero ordered the killing of 16 people in one shot. It's going to be fun watching his approval ratings slide.

Did you read the article the military contends they killed 14 armed men and one women with an RPG. Although I know you hate the troops so why would you believe them?

Come on dude, we can simply look at all the civilians that have died under your hero, Bush's watch. Obama has a lot of catching up to do, in order to reach Bush's numbers. I had a feeling Shady, Sharkman and their like would do this about face on things.

So Shady, Sharkman.... why do you hate freedom?? lol

Gost, I'm not sure if you understood me, but what I said about Obama means I support him a little bit more when I see him willing to bomb enemies. And at the same time I'm glad to see Obama's supporters have their eyes opened about der leader. I'd say it's them who are doing an about face, suddenly growing cojones WRT military actions, so long as Obama's doing it.

Edited by sharkman

Gost, I'm not sure if you understood me, but what I said about Obama means I support him a little bit more when I see him willing to bomb enemies. And at the same time I'm glad to see Obama's supporters have their eyes opened about der leader. I'd say it's them who are doing an about face, suddenly growing cojones WRT military actions, so long as Obama's doing it.

Right.....you are being more consistent in that respect. Obama has passed the first rite of presidential passage....he has bombed somebody!

After taking a few minutes to peruse some of the responses in this thread, I have identified several which desperately need my attention. However, I am unfortunately quite busy until friday. But rest assured that a detailed rebuttal is just a few days away. One can only hope, that until then, even more innocent Afghan civilians don't become the brutal victims of Obama's war machine, and his so-called "war on terror."

After taking a few minutes to peruse some of the responses in this thread, I have identified several which desperately need my attention. However, I am unfortunately quite busy until friday. But rest assured that a detailed rebuttal is just a few days away. One can only hope, that until then, even more innocent Afghan civilians don't become the brutal victims of Obama's war machine, and his so-called "war on terror."

Indeed......now we know what Obama meant when he said, "YES WE CAN".

Oh...the humanity (sobbing)

lololollol when the goin gets tough,,, shady takes a few days off....... typical how you forget it was only a few days ago that your dear leader was in power, and they bombed civilians in both afghanistan and pakistan ....

cut n run .. that's shady's version of shock and awe.