Anti-western, anti-jew sentiment alive and well in Canada.

Chuck U. Farlie

They certainly weren't doing this when the Residential Schools were founded.

The native peoples of the Americas (and elsewhere) were perfectly capable of surviving for thousands of years without European intervention. When the Europeans came along, took all the land and basically made the economic and subsistence systems these various peoples had developed impossible, then you see the breakdown of their society. Then, as a final kick in the nards, the REsidential School systems, designed specifically as an organized attempt at cultural destruction, were opened.

This is a free country, and more importantly, they lived here before we did. If they want to practice their culture (whatever is left of it after a couple of centuries of concerted efforts to destroy every aspect of it), that's their right.

Why do you hate freedom so much?

No country is free and freedoms can only be compared to the levels of freedoms in other countries.

But I agree the government should steer away from social engineering. It poisons the spirit.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have a clue. Typical Leafless. Here's the legal definition of treason in our Criminal Code.

Talk about being clueless the word is 'traitor' and not 'treason'.

'Traitor'- "a person who is treacherous or disloyal to his COUNTRY".

Source- The Concise Oxford Dictionary.

I am sure you will mention the FLQ, and indeed what they did qualified as treason. But as you know very well, I do not share their objectives.

Of course not.

You have only GAINED by their treasonous acts.

And we both who is raising the possibility of a revolution (hint: it's you).

I did not specifically advocate a revolution but stated 'outside of a revolution', which is not an unreasonable or previously unheard of statement.

You live, if I am not mistaken, in Ottawa. so tell me:

- is there any municipal, provincial or federal law, by-law, policy, regulation in Ottawa that is in French only, but not in English?

Should there be?

Ontario is a majority English speaking province with no official languages.

The French population of Ontario is around 4%.

- is there any municipal, provincial, or federal program or service offered in French only in Ottawa, and not in English?

You can check out Ontario's French Language Services Act. I am certain there are French only clinics etc. You tell me which ones. Your the one that is French.

- are there only French-language schools, French-language hospitals, French-language public institutions in Ottawa, with no equivalent English-language schools, hospitals or public institutions.

There are MANY Ottawa bilingual institutions created by corrupt language legislation and is not representative of the majority English population of Ontario. More jobs stolen by Francophones and their corrupt minority language policies.

The province is majority English speaking, not French.

To claim that a French-speaking Canadian living in Ottawa gets something from his/her governments, whether federal, provincial, or municipal, that English-speaking residents don't get, you have to be able to prove it.

There are no laws to support a minority official language period. English speaking residents living in Ottawa lose billions of dollars in revenue and potential tax money taken by Francophones back to Quebec.

The majority English speaking population are being deceived with corrupt minority bilingual policies.

And since you cannot prove it, your claim of special rights, discrimination and oppression have no foundation in reality.

I just proved it but corrupt discriminatory culture/language Charter rights is another area.

If I ever adopt a failed culture, I will reconsider your advice.

You belong to a failed culture or your home have not province Quebec would not have to exist on every imaginable federal subsidy paid for majority English speaking provinces with corrupt Charter rights to boot.

BTW, As an Ontarian, I pay the same taxes as other Ontarians. Feel free to prove me wrong by showing where on the income tax return I can claim a tax exemption based on language.

How far do you expect taxes from Francophones 4% of Ontario's population to fulfill your cultural expectations? You want a lot for your money, no?

...the future of Aboriginal nations lies not in assimilation...

I wouldn't be so sure about that, it depends on exactly who is being assimilated and where I live that's become debatable.

In a mass email sent to local businesses as well as provincial and federal politicians, the Ahousaht and Hesquiaht First Nations said companies wishing to conduct business in their traditional territories will soon have to seek permission from their hereditary chiefs and even pay royalties, licences or fees.

Story

I have no objection to this but I'll sure be upset if the provincial and federal governments still expect my obsequiousness and money. The other governments have had their chance and blown it. They can't lead or follow so they should get the hell out of the way. I'll take my chances with the Hawiih. Too many chiefs is one thing, but too many governments is over the top.

There is no forced assimilation in Canada.

Let's me rephrase it to match REALITY... There is no forced assimilation NOW.

But there has been attempts at forced assimilation in the past. You keep showing how clueless you are by calling that freedom.

Incapacitated subcultures voluntarily assimilate into the majority culture for their own welfare.

But in Canada the Charter forces the majority culture to conform to the ideologies of incapacitated subcultures.

In a perfect world this would seem reasonable.

But it is not a perfect world and corrupt discriminatory Charter legislation forces the majority culture (in a free society) to PAY both financially and is penalized transforming the dominant English speaking culture into being a sub-servant to incapacitated subcultures.

English translation, please.

But we should not kid ourselves should we, as the French and Aboriginals have been Western assimilated in many way but use culture under the guise of obsolete language to pry the bucks from the English speaking majority.

Let me see if I get that one straight. The ancestors of today's French-speaking Canadians did NOT come from a Western culture? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A multicultural population who freely assimilates (...)
... becomes a monocultural society. You don't get it.
Quebec has French job protectionist policies and French as an official language so why shouldn't all other provinces follow suit.

Because Quebec's language legislation is for the most part a pile of m*nure. You want to use it as model. Says a lot... about you.

Talk about being clueless the word is 'traitor' and not 'treason'.

'Traitor'- "a person who is treacherous or disloyal to his COUNTRY".

Source- The Concise Oxford Dictionary.

Talk about being clueless indeed. In the English language, traitor and treason are related words, one describing the person committing the act, the other one the act itself. I am sure that this is not the case in Leafless-ish, though.

BTW, make up your mind. How could I be a traitor (that is, commit treason) against a country which, as you made clear time and time again, is nnot mine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by CANADIEN

Should there be?

Ontario is a majority English speaking province with no official languages.

The French population of Ontario is around 4%.

In other words, you cannot prove that the French-speaking population of Ontario gets services, programs, priviledges, that are not available to the English-speaking population.

You can check out Ontario's French Language Services Act. I am certain there are French only clinics etc.

And there are English-only clinics, etc. Once again, you cannot prove that the French-speaking population of Ontario gets services, programs, priviledges, that are not available to the English-speaking population.

Your the one that is French.
You will never get it.
There are MANY Ottawa bilingual institutions created by corrupt language legislation and is not representative of the majority English population of Ontario.

They are representative of the whole of Ontario, a province where equal language rights exist. Unlike Quebec - remember, the province whose model you want to imitate?

The province is majority English speaking, not French.

Which is why government services in Ontario are widely avaialble in English, while laws are written in English, etc. As it should be.

There are no laws to support a minority official language period.

Didn't you just make a reference to the French Lanaguage Services Act? And how about the Charter.? They exist - after all, YOU spend your time misunderstanding them.

You belong to a failed culture
250 years of surviving attempts at assimilation, and still there. Not what I call a failure.
How far do you expect taxes from Francophones 4% of Ontario's population to fulfill your cultural expectations? You want a lot for your money, no?

My expectation, or more exactly what I GET, is being treated as an equal Ontarian under the law. You don't like it, not MY problem.

Edited by CANADIEN

Talk about being clueless indeed. In the English language, traitor and treason are related words, one describing the person committing the act, the other one the act itself. I am sure that this is not the case in Leafless-ish, though.

Traitor and treason are two different words.

A traitor can be disloyal to his or country in many ways and unlike treason not involving a violent act or overthrowing a government.

Many see Trudeau as a traitor disloyal to his country as a prime minister by unilaterally advancing the ideologies of a incapacitated minority culture that he was part of through a poorly written and not fully understood Charter which was left to interpretation by unelected judges and corrupt politicians.

In other words, you cannot prove that the French-speaking population of Ontario gets services, programs, privileges, that are not available to the English-speaking population.

The point is Quebec and Ontario Francophones are stealing Ontario English speaking jobs under phony bilingual policies created without any kind of referendum involving the citizens of Ottawa or the entire province of Ontario.

There are no bilingual policies ANYWHERE in Quebec. And if you did try to pull the same stunt off in Quebec as with Ontario with bilingual policies you would have riots in the street.

And there are English-only clinics, etc. Once again, you cannot prove that the French-speaking population of Ontario gets services, programs, privileges, that are not available to the English-speaking population.

You will never get it.

Why should 4% of the population of Ontario enjoy the same privileges (duplicated in French) that the majority English culture created and paid for only to have their English speaking jobs stolen by corrupt French language legislation.

Where is your pride leach.

They are representative of the whole of Ontario, a province where equal language rights exist. Unlike Quebec - remember, the province whose model you want to imitate?

Equal language rights do not exist throughout Ontario. French is not an official language in Ontario.

Stop leaching off of the English speaking culture for duplicated services in French. Obviously you have no idea of the tremendous financial cost.

Which is why government services in Ontario are widely avaialble in English, while laws are written in English, etc. As it should be.

Amazing.

Didn't you just make a reference to the French Lanaguage Services Act? And how about the Charter.? They exist - after all, YOU spend your time misunderstanding them.

And both of them created by French radicals. The English it seems are suckers for punishment.

250 years of surviving attempts at assimilation, and still there. Not what I call a failure.

Ha-ha-ha.

The French and Aboriginals own plenty of boats, foods, books, manuals, automobiles, electronics, clothes, toys derived from Western American/Canadian English speaking culture.

There in up to their necks.

My expectation, or more exactly what I GET, is being treated as an equal Ontarian under the law. You don't like it, not MY problem.

I don't like laws created by corrupt politicians and radicals.

Edited by Leafless

Traitor and treason are two different words.

A traitor can be disloyal to his or country in many ways and unlike treason not involving a violent act or overthrowing a government.

And the legal definition of treason includes non-violent acts. Another thing you don't get.

Many see Trudeau as a traitor disloyal to his country as a prime minister by unilaterally advancing the ideologies of a incapacitated minority culture that he was part of through a poorly written and not fully understood Charter which was left to interpretation by unelected judges and corrupt politicians.

In other words, you're not the only one who doesn't bave a clue.

The only time the Canadian Charter Of Rights was useful was to get Maggy Trudeau off a drunk driving charge - which is ironic seeing her former husband drafted the thing. The Charter is useless - the spirit of the document is great but the spirit is ignored by the courts --- Trudeau meant well but little did he understand that the Charter would be up for constant re-interpretation and through that legalist convolution would be rendered totally ineffective. From the lowest courts to the highest - The Charter is trampled upon. Even in the simplest matters where the Charter can be quoted and used to protect Canadian human rights - The courts treat it as if it does not exist... - may as well toss it out and never mention it again.

The point is (...)

You cannot prove that the French-speaking population of Ontario gets services, programs, privileges, that are not available to the English-speaking population.

Quebec and Ontario Francophones are stealing Ontario English speaking jobs

Here's a clue to you. Jobs DON'T speak any language. And they do not belong to any group or person, except the individuals who can do them. In the case of some municipal and government jobs, it includes some positions needed to provide services in English and French.

(...)under phony bilingual policies created without any kind of referendum involving the citizens of Ottawa or the entire province of Ontario.

You don't like what DULY ELECTED politicians do? Vote them out.

There are no bilingual policies ANYWHERE in Quebec.
And there should be. Don't you agree?
Why should 4% of the population of Ontario enjoy the same privileges (duplicated in French) that the majority English culture created and paid for only to have their English speaking jobs stolen by corrupt French language legislation.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but getting government services in English os not a priviledge, in Ontario. It is a right. It is also a right to get them in French, for two reasons you would understand if you had a clue; French is a Canadian language, and each and every French-speaking Ontarian is as much of an Ontarian, no more and no less, than each and every English-speaking Ontarian.

Where is your pride leach.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Equal language rights do not exist throughout Ontario.
They do, that's why you make a fool of tourself, after all.
French is not an official language in Ontario.
Neither is English. You won't see me argue that government services should not be offered in English.
Amazing.
There is nothing amazing in government services being offered in English in Ontario.

So let's see Leafless.

Once again, you have proven you have no clue about the linguistic rights of Canadians, how a parliamentary DEMOCRACY works, or the Charter. And this time it came with clueless notions like jobs that speak. Let me know when you find another way to embarass yourself. In the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy my rights as a Canadian while you talk to yourself.

Edited by CANADIEN

So let's see Leafless.

Once again, you have proven you have no clue about the linguistic rights of Canadians, how a parliamentary DEMOCRACY works, or the Charter. And this time it came with clueless notions like jobs that speak. Let me know when you find another way to embarass yourself. In the meantime, I'll sit back and enjoy might rights as a Canadian.

Yep_ lean back and do nothing and "enjoy your rights as a Canadian." Then if you have a personal crisis and you are noticed by the powers that be and you THEN attempt to utlize your Charter Rights you will find that there is no place for you to fight for the rights you THINK you have...If you are complaint is seems that you have RIGHTS - then if you want to impliment a personal freedom or your freedoms in general are being abused - You will find you have no rights. :lol: Keep dreaming and keep being a good and compliant little citizen and you will never need any rights...untill you want to be free.

No country is free and freedoms can only be compared to the levels of freedoms in other countries.

But I agree the government should steer away from social engineering. It poisons the spirit.

Then you agree that, as Canadian Citizens, and enjoyers of all the freedoms that entails, Aboriginal peoples have a right to follow whatever course, within the constraints of the law, they wish, and that entities like Residential Schools were an anathema in a free society. Right?

You cannot prove that the French-speaking population of Ontario gets services, programs, privileges, that are not available to the English-speaking population.

You make it sound like English speaking Ontarians are the minority in Ontario when they in fact comprise 96% of Ontario's population.

Here's a clue to you. Jobs DON'T speak any language.

But the people who have worked to create jobs have accomplished that feat and in Ontario we speak English.

And they do not belong to any group or person,

Not by law. But we all know why some cities, provinces do better in that area that those who create laws to keep certain cultures that create jobs out of that province. Go cry a river in Quebec.

In the case of some municipal and government jobs, it includes some positions needed to provide services in English and French.

And we do not have to force a bilingual policy on an entire city or you would like to see on an entire province to accomplish that.

We all know stealing and transforming previous English speaking jobs to English/French bilingual jobs in Ontario with corrupt language legislation is the Frenchie's game plan.

You don't like what DULY ELECTED politicians do? Vote them out.

Ontario provincial and municipal politics have taken on the undemocratic political characteristics of a federal parliamentary democracy. English speaking Ontarians had better smarten up and demand proper democratic representation relating to major issue's like bilingual policies.

And there should be. Don't you agree?

Quebec is the root problem to cultural unrest. I think we should kick them out of confederation.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but getting government services in English os not a priviledge

in Ontario. It is a right.

That is the basis of any dominant culture. BTW- Quebec is not a dominant culture in Canada.

It is only a right as long as their is sufficient taxes to pay for it.

It is also a right to get them in French, for two reasons you would understand if you had a clue; French is a Canadian language,

French in Ontario is not a dominant nor official language.

and each and every French-speaking Ontarian is as much of an Ontarian, no more and no less, than each and every English-speaking Ontarian.

ONLY WHERE NUMBERS WARRANT provincially speaking. Try demanding French services in at the majority of retail outlets in Toronto and they will look at you with a blank stare as if you are from another planet.

Neither is English. You won't see me argue that government services should not be offered in English.

There was no need to proclaim English as an official language.

But you have proven the time has come. Premier Mc.Guinty must come to his senses and protect the interest of English speaking Ontarians and proclaim English as an official language against minority French attack rats.

Once again, you have proven you have no clue about the linguistic rights of Canadians, how a parliamentary DEMOCRACY works, or the Charter.

Traitorous prime ministers, corrupt politicians have transformed Canada into a BANANA REPUBLIC.

I'll sit back and enjoy my rights as a Canadian while you talk to yourself.

Enjoy a banana while you are at it.

Not by law. But we all know why some cities, provinces do better in that area that those who create laws to keep certain cultures that create jobs out of that province. Go cry a river in Quebec.

If English is so dear to you, why is you don't go to the effort to be coherent and make yourself understood in English.

The above sentence makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

If English is so dear to you, why is you don't go to the effort to be coherent and make yourself understood in English.

The above sentence makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Try this.

Quebec is a province that has created language laws that keep English investors/companies out of that province.

Keep shooting yourself in the foot like that and don't wonder why Quebec is a have not province.

They prefer instead to be culturally secure bleeding the system and Canadian tax payers to make them comfortable.

Edited by Leafless

Then you agree that, as Canadian Citizens, and enjoyers of all the freedoms that entails, Aboriginal peoples have a right to follow whatever course, within the constraints of the law, they wish, and that entities like Residential Schools were an anathema in a free society. Right?

I don't agree with your sentiments but since Quebec got away screwing the ROC then why shouldn't the Aboriginals follow the same successful path.

Enjoy.

But you only have a limited amount of time left until Canada financially collapses supporting the abundance of solitudes and users of corrupt laws and unearned rights in this country.

Try this.

Quebec is a province that has created language laws that keep English investors/companies out of that province.

Keep shooting yourself in the foot like that and don't wonder why Quebec is a have not province.

They prefer instead to be culturally secure bleeding the system and Canadian tax payers to make them comfortable.

Spot on!!!

Spot on!!!

We should have English language laws in Ontario - and anyone that so-much has even a trace of an accent that is not home grown - can be forced out of buisness - Language laws laws are absurd. It's like telling everyone not only how to talk but how to think and communicate...this leads to loss of the full use of the diverse collective - maybe the hicks up north should be fined for talking funny also.