Anti-western, anti-jew sentiment alive and well in Canada.

Chuck U. Farlie

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toad I enjoyed your responses and comments.

Canadiens your attempt to debate Leafless is commendable but do take care. After awhile it is like banging your head on the wall. You will eventually get either a headache or find your brains leaking out.

JBG the cheap shot comments about Muslims again lends to the appearance you are a hatemonger.

Here is the bottom line. There are Canadians of all religions, races, genders, body type, weight, age, i.q. level who will engage in anti-semitic behaviour, often using the pretext of criticizing Israel. Sometimes it is deliberate and intentional sometimes it is not and flows from the fact that it is extremely difficult for many to understand the concept of Jewish identity since it can refer to religion, a collective cultural identity, a collective political identity, or some other collective reference.

Likewise Canadians will make remarks that engage in the same kind of comments that assign subjective negative characteristics to a targetted group to then use to incite hatred or intolerance against them whether they be Muslims, native peoples, women, gays, Ukrainians, Irish, Chinese and hell dare I say it Toronto Maple Leaf fans.

But that is the point. No one ethnic group or "race" or "indentified group" is different then any other in this country when it comes to making remarks or comments that display ignorance and hateful, spiteful remarks.

Yes there are people in the name of Islam who take their religion and use it as a pretext to engage in anti-semitic or anti-Western beliefs, etc. but Muslims have no monopoly on this behaviour and like the rest of us, the vast majority of them like us do not aspire to be terrorists or bigots.

I do believe myself there are deeply entrenched issues between Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, and other religious groups that flow from people whose religious views are rigid and inflexible and what I would call fundamentalist or orthodox.

I think we need to challenge anyone of any group or religion or category for the exact same reasons when they are engaging in intolerance.

I live in a part of the country that has many minority groups and some members are extremist hate mongers. I will be damned if I let that turn me into a hate monger against all the people in the same group they are in. That is precisely what they want.

I go back to what Toad said. People came to this country for the same basic reasons. Each people encountered intolerance and hardships and they either became better for it or worse as a result of it.

We can take the ignorance we find ourselves emersed in and learn positive things from it or negative things from it. That is up to us as individuals and when we get together with others.

I believe this is the kind of issue we deal with in our actual day to day actions not necessarily just in the words we use.

The native people I believe have tried to warn us time and time again we are a collective of collectives and how we act effects many levels of collectives or communities and not just ourselves on an individual level.

So on that note, excuse me if I pass on assuming anyone Radical lives in a hovel or any one group is more prone to violence and ignorance then any other.

From where I sit all humans are equally as capable of being ignorant and violent although I am willing to concede Toronto Maple Leaf fans are not violent.

Toad I enjoyed your responses and comments.

Canadiens your attempt to debate Leafless is commendable but do take care. After awhile it is like banging your head on the wall. You will eventually get either a headache or find your brains leaking out.

JBG the cheap shot comments about Muslims again lends to the appearance you are a hatemonger.

Here is the bottom line. There are Canadians of all religions, races, genders, body type, weight, age, i.q. level who will engage in anti-semitic behaviour, often using the pretext of criticizing Israel. Sometimes it is deliberate and intentional sometimes it is not and flows from the fact that it is extremely difficult for many to understand the concept of Jewish identity since it can refer to religion, a collective cultural identity, a collective political identity, or some other collective reference.

Likewise Canadians will make remarks that engage in the same kind of comments that assign subjective negative characteristics to a targetted group to then use to incite hatred or intolerance against them whether they be Muslims, native peoples, women, gays, Ukrainians, Irish, Chinese and hell dare I say it Toronto Maple Leaf fans.

But that is the point. No one ethnic group or "race" or "indentified group" is different then any other in this country when it comes to making remarks or comments that display ignorance and hateful, spiteful remarks.

Yes there are people in the name of Islam who take their religion and use it as a pretext to engage in anti-semitic or anti-Western beliefs, etc. but Muslims have no monopoly on this behaviour and like the rest of us, the vast majority of them like us do not aspire to be terrorists or bigots.

I do believe myself there are deeply entrenched issues between Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, and other religious groups that flow from people whose religious views are rigid and inflexible and what I would call fundamentalist or orthodox.

I think we need to challenge anyone of any group or religion or category for the exact same reasons when they are engaging in intolerance.

I live in a part of the country that has many minority groups and some members are extremist hate mongers. I will be damned if I let that turn me into a hate monger against all the people in the same group they are in. That is precisely what they want.

I go back to what Toad said. People came to this country for the same basic reasons. Each people encountered intolerance and hardships and they either became better for it or worse as a result of it.

We can take the ignorance we find ourselves emersed in and learn positive things from it or negative things from it. That is up to us as individuals and when we get together with others.

I believe this is the kind of issue we deal with in our actual day to day actions not necessarily just in the words we use.

The native people I believe have tried to warn us time and time again we are a collective of collectives and how we act effects many levels of collectives or communities and not just ourselves on an individual level.

So on that note, excuse me if I pass on assuming anyone Radical lives in a hovel or any one group is more prone to violence and ignorance then any other.

From where I sit all humans are equally as capable of being ignorant and violent although I am willing to concede Toronto Maple Leaf fans are not violent.

Leafs fans... prejudice against them is justified on the basis of their lack of knowledge of real hockey. :P

Edited by CANADIEN

Leafs fans... prejudice against them is justified on the basis of their lack of knowledge of real hockey. :P

Absolutely. But I would not imprison them. The Air Canada Centre already serves that purpose.

Actually since my beloved Canadiens have not exactly set the world on fire this year I should shut the f..up before they start Cory Price again,