Anti-western, anti-jew sentiment alive and well in Canada.

Chuck U. Farlie

That definition is the same whether a country or a nation.

"A politically organized body of people under a single government"

And in reality Quebec pretty well controls federal and provincial interest in that province.

No they did not.

They always wanted an explanation of what "a nation within a nation" really meant.

My reference books (those paper things) - are older and un-revised and the original meaning of nation differed from that of country. If you want a definition of nation within a nation means I will give it too you..The language of this declaration was carefully choosen...If they were called a county within a country - that would mean that they were offically seperated and had independence. So I surmise that some lawyer understood that Quebec could be duped and passified by being brought into the family fold.....by using the word (family) which is the core begining of the term nation.. Quebec was welcomed into the house to sit in the living room but was not entitled to sign on the dotted line and be on the deed to the ranch...the statement Nation within a Nation is garbage and an insult to seperatist to stupid to do some word research.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have proven that dictated federal language legislation is corrupt and DISCRIMINATES. Legislated minority language policies do that automatically.

You just don't get it and never will.

As I said, I will never get non-sense.

Do you actually believe Quebec is the only province in Canada worthy of a provincial official language with a main purpose to destroy the Canadian de facto English language in Quebec?

What I believe is clear, but not to you. Your problem. Nice to see btw that you finally got the right spelling for de facto.

To give a minority language the same linguistic status by way of dictated language policy that the English language accomplished on it's own, is outright discrimination and oppression coupled with a total lack of respect for that English cultural achievment.

In the English language, same status=same status, no matter how to twist it.

That is the basic problem which is the French language was never FREELY propagated but artificially legislated.

When people who were told in the school that their French language and their French-CANADIAN culture were not good enough, they still kept it DESPITE legislation. You don't get that, or the fact that forced assimilation is NOT freedom.

Isn't this the normal route given to obsolete languages that cannot and are unable to support and propagate themselves in a free democratic society.

Irrelevant, since we are talking about the French language, not an obsolete one.

Canada ALWAYS has been multicultural country.

But only once culture is worthy of existence. Yeah right.

Your nonsensical, distorted, discriminatory version of equality makes NO SENSE.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is in English.

I meant the real English, not your bastardized version... the only one here that manages to be even worse that mine.

But to simplify it for you, what other province has a Meech Lake type immigration accord?

To simplify it to you. All prvincial governments are welcome to negociate with the federal whatver arrangement suits their needs.

Duceppe is a separatist and nothing but the official designation of Quebec as a country while still remaining partners with the ROC would satisfy him.

You're the one who claimed that Quebec as the status of a country. Typical leafless, not having a clue on even your own postings.

Edited by CANADIEN

What I believe is clear, but not to you. Your problem. Nice to see btw that you finally got the right spelling for de facto.

I can see little things amuse little minds.

In the English language, same status=same status, no matter how to twist it.

It is unfortunate you do not seem to believe the maintenance and protection of a minority language is the business of the country and it's citizens and not the business of politicians especially a French Quebec one acting in the capacity of prime minister.

When people who were told in the school that their French language and their French-CANADIAN culture were not good enough, they still kept it DESPITE legislation.

You can keep it in Quebec where it is applicable.

You don't get that, or the fact that forced assimilation is NOT freedom.

Then stay dumb, but don't force the ROC to your dumb standards with corrupt minority language policies.

Irrelevant, since we are talking about the French language, not an obsolete one.

The French language is an obsolete and dead language in Canada or else their would be no requirement for corrupt language policies to keep it alive.

But only once culture is worthy of existence. Yeah right.

And guess what----one that is not propagated by government.

To simplify it to you. All prvincial governments are welcome to negociate with the federal whatver arrangement suits their needs.

You are full of it.

Sure!

And that is why for instance NOT a SINGLE Canadian province, especially Western ones, have not designated themselves 'officially English' like Quebec did with the French language.

Sound very suspicious and most likely NOT permitted or discouraged by the federal government.

But bilingual policies get the go ahead in provinces like Ontario that has a premier that is bilingual and promotes the French interest of 4% of the population of Ontario and ignores the English language interest of the majority of Ontarians.

Edited by Leafless

It is unfortunate you do not seem to believe the maintenance and protection of a minority language is the business of the country and it's citizens

It is the business of the country, through its givernment, to guarantee the rights of its citizens, including the full right to use any of the languages of the country as they see fit. And it is not unfortunate that you don't get it... makes for good entertainment.

You can keep it in Quebec where it is applicable.

The name of the country is CANADA.

Then stay dumb, but don't force the ROC to your dumb standards with corrupt minority language policies.

So now, soeaking the two main Canadian language and being aware of one's rights as a Canada is being dumb. This coming from someone who can barely express himself in one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The French language is an obsolete and dead language in Canada or else their would be no requirement for corrupt language policies to keep it alive.

Since they are no corrupt language policies in this country, it is obvious that French is not dead. Checked the latest census? A language spoken by more than one in five Canadian is obviously not dead, but you don't get it.

And guess what----one that is not propagated by government.
Residential schools, unilingual education policies... Government policies aimed at suppressing other Canadian cultures were a key component of the "propagation" of English-Canadian cultures. Edited by CANADIEN

You are full of it.

And that is why for instance NOT a SINGLE Canadian province, especially Western ones, have not designated themselves 'officially English' like Quebec did with the French language.

In the English language, a double negative becomes a positive. Before imposing your language on others, try learning it. BTW, New Brunswick has English as an official language (along with French).

But bilingual policies get the go ahead in provinces like Ontario that has a premier that is bilingual (...)

Can't have a Premier able to speak more than one language, now can we? Perhaps there should be a law banning anyone from unilingual anglophones to become Premier.

(...) and promotes the French interest of 4% of the population of Ontario and ignores the English language interest of the majority of Ontarians.

Yeah right. English is under threat in Ontario. And Dalton McGuinty is a kitten-eating lizard.

So now, soeaking the two main Canadian language and being aware of one's rights as a Canada is being dumb. This coming from someone who can barely express himself in one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me express this in response to your poisonous pen.

In this recession and possible depression it will be my pleasure to watch Quebec go down the tube because of subsidies and large equalization payments the country can no longer afford.

In this recession and possible depression it will be my pleasure to watch Quebec go down the tube because of subsidies and large equalization payments the country can no longer afford.

Sounds contractually fair to me. An agreement where all benefits flow in one direction (Quebec) but none flow out of Quebec -----I would say for them to freeze in the dark or burn in the light...would be fitting. Quebec has always been like the long lost spoiled neice who was always felt a strong sense of entitlement to the wealth of her millionare uncle. Who wants money but never visits.

...but will still receive ensuring the survival of Quebec .

Gonna hurt inst it?

You like the hurt a wee to much my good fellow.. :P Power is not abuse...did pops ever smack you to show who was boss? Nothing personal guyser but maybe I could be helpful to you in regards to some possible misconceptions you have about some of the dynamics that occur in human life...Power is not fear...harm is destruction and destruction is not creation - hence not power. Respect is not the cowering of one person under the perverted will of another - Respect is the mutual trasphere of power back and forth ---- may I ask...Were you an only child? :rolleyes:

Facts and logic are poisonous to you, oh surprise.

It is my pleasure to know that long after both you and I are gone French will still be an official language of Canada, those First Nations cultures that haeve not gone over the point of non-return will be flourishing, and that peayers for the well-being of our great CANADA will be offered in mosques every Friday,

Which brings me to one of the topics of the original posting... The issue of an employer requesting its female employees to wear certain clothing as a security measure.

Freedom of religion, including the freedom to live in a manner conform to the tenets fo that religion, is an essential right in this country. Essential, but not absolute. Workplace safety if all emplyees is also an important principle. In this case, the requirement by the employer is a resonable one, that does not infringe on the religious freedom of the employees. The employees are free to not li and they have every right to protest it using the mechanisms offered by the law. That does not mean they shoud win and, on this very specific issue, they shouldn't.

This is why we need to shut the doors on Radical Islamic immigrants..time to wake up people they are the enemy make no mistake...if these people make comments like this it should be instant deport...if you don't like our culture then why are you here?...GET OUT!

Cutting off welfare benefits would do the job equally well. People who don't have to work can copulate all day and breed even more haters, this time born on Canadian soil. This we don't need or want.

Cutting off welfare benefits would do the job equally well. People who don't have to work can copulate all day and breed even more haters, this time born on Canadian soil. This we don't need or want.

People who "do not have to work" (either because they're on welfare, or because they're retired, hor rich and idle) copulate all day -- you could back that one up with statistics?

People who "do not have to work" (either because they're on welfare, or because they're retired, hor rich and idle) copulate all day -- you could back that one up with statistics?

I don't spend my time peaking into the hovels occupied by radical Muslims in Toronto. I'm not sure I'd like what I'd see.

I don't spend my time peaking into the hovels occupied by radical Muslims in Toronto. I'm not sure I'd like what I'd see.

Your first and most daunting task would be to find a hovel in Toronto. But you must be different than me cause I can watchpeople work hard all day.

Your first and most daunting task would be to find a hovel in Toronto. But you must be different than me cause I can watchpeople work hard all day.
I know it's not a Muslim area, but Jane + Finch?

I know it's not a Muslim area, but Jane + Finch?

Jane and Finch is not such a bad area in terms of living standards. The apartments are larger than average and are no more run down than you would see in any other lower income area in Toronto....which means thay are probably better than most in arkansas...

I think if you're part of the working 'majority' and someone who has bills to pay, you can't reasonably afford to have children these days. I lived in one area where it was kind of depressing going to the job in the morning as the rest of the neighborhood was sleeping soundly waiting for the ol' wefare cheque to arrive. It really gave one the impression he/she was footing the bill for their "privilege". It builds up resentment...not sure about hate, though. Being self-employed, I just wish they'd just get off their asses and find a job...but, not into my field of work.

:lol::lol:

As for anti-Jewish sentiment in Canada: It's a no-brainer if you let folks into Canada who have a religiously inspired hate-on for Jews to begin with, you're going to get a general rise in anti-Semitism. However, in my neck of the woods, the vast amount of anti-Semitism comes from the mouths of "rednecks" and "indians". The things people will blurt out in a coffee shop are amazing! Almost medieval...

There's no synagog here...but, there's a mosque. The city residents are of mixed opinion re: the segragation of men and women worshipers. It seems to go against some folks' grain yet not others...as usual. I think it goes against what Canada used to stand for (equality...did it really ever?)...but I think that's a non-issue these days. No turning back the clock, now.

-----------------------------------------------------

If time = money and money = pizza then time = pizza

Just reading this article in The Star: Mosque fights for rights, but slurs Jews and West.

Now, I don't care too much about their human rights case... I hope that UPS wins as it is clearly safety orientated and not to do with denying any religious rights.

I couldn't, however, believe what this mosque's website http://www.khalidmosque.com/en/ had to say, including:

I hope what this website says is taken very seriously and that this Iman as well as many of his devout followers are under the surveillance of the RCMP and/or CSIS.

It disturbs me to hear that there is this kind of hate towards us, the very people that allowed them to settle in our country and enjoy a better life than they had before (if they are immigrants).

After living in Indonesia for a few years before, I became quite tolerant of muslim people - as I knew first-hand that most are moderate. However, after reading about things like this more and more often I quickly lose my tolerance for the lot of them. Where are any of the 10000 members of this mosque standing up to this iman? They are just as guilty of hate as he is if they don't stand up against this fanaticism.