Pet Peeves

Here's a few of my pet peeves:

- gas prices

- the typical city driver...cell phone in one hand, Coffee in the other, and also in a hurry to go no where.

- Treehuggers/ peaceniks....

- Divorce lawyers....need i say more...

- Bullies/ thugs

- whinners/ complainers

- beer prices....

- Current Toronto maple leafs team....

- rude and loud people.

- posters that don't do thier homework before posting.

- someone that can't admit that they are wrong...

- "Posers" someone that pretends to be someone that they are not....

- someone that is not willing to stand up for what they believe in...

- "Ya" arm chair warriors.....

- lazy people....

- people that need to do a job 3 or 4 times because it was'nt done right the first time....

- Liars....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rap music.

That's not music. It's buisness...ask any rapper if he is a musican and he will tell you that he's just a buisness man...what is sad is that there is a whole generation that is being denied the pleasure of melody and soul...my pet peeve would be liberal political phonies like Belinda Stronach who constantly say this line - "I am not comfortable with that" --- Jeeeez - what a mindless cop out and what a bunch of empty speak. Just hate abused feminist rhetoricals from woman that are not practicing feminist and really don't give a damn for the betterment of their sisters - or men for that matter - but I suppose if I was to say to Belinda - "could you tell me the truth about how you feel about woman's rights - she would just parrot the line of avoidance and say "I am not comfortable with that" - empty Orwellian double speak really bugs me.

In terms of rhyme and rhythm, hip-hop is the most complex music, but some just can't get past the missing melodic phrasing and chord progressions.

But even Cole Porter couldn't rhyme like:

"Sit me here next to Britney Spears. Christina Aguilera ought to switch me chairs."

That's not music. It's buisness...ask any rapper if he is a musican and he will tell you that he's just a buisness man...what is sad is that there is a whole generation that is being denied the pleasure of melody and soul...my pet peeve would be liberal political phonies like Belinda Stronach who constantly say this line - "I am not comfortable with that" --- Jeeeez - what a mindless cop out and what a bunch of empty speak. Just hate abused feminist rhetoricals from woman that are not practicing feminist and really don't give a damn for the betterment of their sisters - or men for that matter - but I suppose if I was to say to Belinda - "could you tell me the truth about how you feel about woman's rights - she would just parrot the line of avoidance and say "I am not comfortable with that" - empty Orwellian double speak really bugs me.

Right on man! I find more and more people who are starting to agree with me on this whole rap crap. It's dead music, it is a completely usless bunch of soundwaves that contribute nothing to art or entertainment. Noise polution. By the way, Belinda Stronach should be put down...

• 4 weeks later...

I'll add one more: people who talk on their cell phones in the library! I can't figure out if those people are so clueless as to not realize that there are other people trying to read/study and are disturbed by hearing people yak on their cell phones, or whether they are just so inconsiderate as to not care. I tend to think it's the latter. No one can be that clueless...

In terms of rhyme and rhythm, hip-hop is the most complex music, but some just can't get past the missing melodic phrasing and chord progressions.

But even Cole Porter couldn't rhyme like:

"Sit me here next to Britney Spears. Christina Aguilera ought to switch me chairs."

You're joking, right? As I said before, "rap is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art".

Agree re: Cole Porter

Not all hip-hop is horrid. My wife turned me on to this girl's stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqlY0VOFtyA

But she's quite a bit younger than me...I try to play her some of my old favorites and she just laughs.

:lol::lol:

She does like this stuff, mind you...as do I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kD9UHKSmV4

Pet Peeve? People who abandon their animals when they move.

-------------------------------------

Frail my heart apart

And play me a little shady grove

Ring the bells of rhymney

Till they ring inside my head forever

Bounce the bow, rock the gallows

For the hangman's reel

And wake the devil from his dream

---Emmylou Harris

Guest American Woman
Pet Peeve? People who abandon their animals when they move.

Sadly, that seems to be a real problem in the U.S. right now. I heard on the news that with all the foreclosures, pets are being abandoned in record numbers as people who are losing their homes are just leaving their pets behind. :(

Guest American Woman
Its a problem up here too. I rescued an abandoned cat I found way out in the bush on an old loggiong road this past year, one of its kittens is purring in my lap as I write.

The vet told me I'm guranteed a place in heaven.

That's a nice story!

I just rescued a cat a couple of weeks ago. It was huddled on my front porch when I got home from work and it was half dead-- 4 1/2 pounds, but up to 7 pounds already. We've had some terrible cold along with record snow this year and there was no way I could have left it out there. It would have died for sure. The tips of one of its ears just fell off due to previous frost bite. :( I put ads in the press but of course there were no responses, and there's no way I can uproot this cat again. The first time it purred I knew it was 'home.' Hope that means I'm guarenteed a place in heaven too!

I wonder why pet abandonment is a problem in Canada now too? I understand that people who are losing their homes are having to move to apartments that don't allow pets, and I think they can't face putting them down, so I think they abandon them hoping for the best, but as my new cat is a testament to, they can really suffer left out there on their own. House pets don't have survival skills and don't do well for the most part when abandoned.

Its a problem up here too. I rescued an abandoned cat I found way out in the bush on an old loggiong road this past year, one of its kittens is purring in my lap as I write.

The vet told me I'm guranteed a place in heaven.

Ahhh...me too. Found my (current) cat at a strata I managed a while back. A feral stray abandoned as a kitten. Already had kittens herself. All's well now and all she has to show from that time dodging mean old farts with sticks and pelet rifles is a missing half an ear. Took a full year to tame her to the point you'd trust her near your face...found that out the hard way...lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marge: Who is Santos L. Halpar? [looking at the credit card freshly arrived in the mail]

Bart: I'll take that. [snatches it from Marge's hand]

Santa's Little Helper: Arf! [follows Bart]

---The Simpsons

I wonder why pet abandonment is a problem in Canada now too?

Its been a problem for years around here. I think it might be a reflection of the throw-away nature of our consumer-based economy. Very little is made to last anymore.

There is a fairly large population of stray feral cats here. A group called SCATS, captures them, has them spayed or neutered and then releases them back where they were found. Lots of people feed them and they seem healthy and happy amongst their own. Of course there is now another group of people who are concerned about the numbers of birds these released cats capture and kill.

Peevishness knows no bounds.

I wonder why pet abandonment is a problem in Canada now too?

Canadian rentals are overwhealmingly 'no pets', 'no smoking'. As are stratas and other apartments. Renters/Apartment dwellers have to luck out finding a small duplex or similar with more of a chance of allowing pets. There are also very few rentals/apartments available. This is at least the way in western Canada (Alberta & BC with boom economies at the moment...we'll see how much longer).

Only a couple of years ago the demand wasn't nearly so high...so many 'no pet' rules simply didn't exist or were easily negotiated. Now days, many property management companies demand huge pet deposits which are often not in the budget for renters on the move. So pets get left behind...

-------------------------------------

Billy was a mountain. Ethel was a tree growing out of his shoulder.

---Frank Zappa

Edited by DogOnPorch

Ahhh...me too. Found my (current) cat at a strata I managed a while back. A feral stray abandoned as a kitten. Already had kittens herself. All's well now and all she has to show from that time dodging mean old farts with sticks and pelet rifles is a missing half an ear. Took a full year to tame her to the point you'd trust her near your face...found that out the hard way...lol.

My two girls (Pitt Bulls) were both "rescue" dogs. The older one was abandoned when her owner moved. The younger one was found tied to the door handle of an animal shelter one winter morning when she was about ten weeks old. It all worked out well, they're fantastic girls.

I always encourage people to adopt or rescue pets rather than buying new puppies and kittens.

Guest American Woman
QUOTE=American Woman @ Mar 7 2008, 11:44 AM: I wonder why pet abandonment is a problem in Canada now too?

Its been a problem for years around here. I think it might be a reflection of the throw-away nature of our consumer-based economy. Very little is made to last anymore.

There is a fairly large population of stray feral cats here. A group called SCATS, captures them, has them spayed or neutered and then releases them back where they were found. Lots of people feed them and they seem healthy and happy amongst their own. Of course there is now another group of people who are concerned about the numbers of birds these released cats capture and kill.

Peevishness knows no bounds.

It's really nice that there's a group that spays and nueters the feral cats. You'd think that would really help cut down on the problem. Hopefully, anyway. It's really nice that people feed them, too. If more did, I imagine that would cut down on the cat's 'need' to kill birds. But I have to wonder, doesn't putting food out for the cats encourage other 'wild' animals to come around too?

As for the people who worry about the birds that are killed-- I don't think they are being peevish, I think they just like and feel for the birds. I think nature is really difficult to understand and deal with sometimes. When I was on safari, I saw lions attempt kills, but never a successful kill. I had such mixed feelings about it because I felt for the innocent would-be-victim and was glad they got away, but then when I saw how hard the lions worked and how they were left still hungry I felt really bad for them.

I just so happens that I love birds too, and have feeders and a heated bird bath on my patio throughout the winter, so I think I understand how the bird lovers feel too.

Harper

Clement

Nicholson.

Conservatives in general.

People who lie and exagerate the dangers of Cannabis to justify their own pathetic existance(cops, Conservatives Crown attornies)

People who try to tell me how to live my life. Its my life and I'll live however I want to thanks.

People who insist that something must suck if they don't find it personally appealing. (like all the people who insist Rap is not music) I like most genre's of music except opera, jazz, and most country western stuff, but that doesn't mean that opera, jazz and country western music "suck" it just means that I don't like them.

Some rap is great, most stuff by Snoop and Dr Dre is fantastic. I took my screen nick from a rap song by a rap group called Cypress hill. My favorite bands will still always be the Ramones and KISS though

Did I mention that Conservatives really annoy me?

Got some really anoying people you want to put on notice?

Create your own "on notice" boards like on stephen colbert and share them with friends at this link.

http://www.shipbrook.com/onnotice/

When the 2nd car in a slow moving pack on a two lane highway refuses to pass the lead car or leave enough room for anyone else to safely pass them.

I wish I had a roof-rack full of side-winder missles for times like that.

Edited by eyeball