The progressive diversity cult is killing the Western world

The illiberalism of Western universities has long been noted, and dismissed by many as 'it's just on campus'. But it's moved off campus and into industry, government and media. It's filtering down from universities into k-12 schools, where teachers indoctrinated by far-left ideological beliefs at teachers colleges do their best to indoctrinate their own students in everything from anti-Capitalism to anti-colonial bullshit.

This labelling of Canadian Jews as “colonizers” and framing their support for Israel as somehow being complicit with “apartheid” or “genocide” produces fertile soil for antisemitism. Perhaps this explains why educational campaigns to promote equity, diversity and inclusion do not address hatred of Jews, who suffer the highest per capita rate of hate crimes in North America.

There is a gaping disjuncture between an academic culture that promotes respectful pronoun use and sensitivity to micro-aggressions, while at the same time encouraging the vilification of Jews and the Jewish state.

The antagonism toward Jews is the canary in the coal mine of a declining liberal democracy that’s under attack both from the populist right and the radical left. The threat posed by the latter has been dangerously underestimated.

Campus hate factories are a threat to liberal democracy | National Post

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Not why, how...the same reason you know, you heard it on the news.

They'd probably have a better chance if they had the resources Ukraines been provided with. 

Ukraine dug bomb shelters for its civilians. Hamas dug tunnels for its fighters.

See the difference?

Edited by I am Groot

5 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Ukraine dug bomb shelters for its civilians. Hamas dug tunnels for its fighters.

See the difference?

One difference certainly stands out.

Ukraine = 603,628 km²

Gaza = 45 km²

Another is how fashionable it is to regard Russia as the victim and Ukraine as the aggressor. You can even do this without being called a genocidal racist...

See the difference?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, I am Groot said:

You fling that phrase around a lot and have used it in what certainly seems like a response to some of my postings.

No, you are not a Chud.  If you feel like defending 'Chuds' based on my characterization of them, I'm not sure what's going on there.

17 hours ago, I am Groot said:

1. But it's symbolic of the way womens spaces are being eroded, the way women are being bullied - by men - the way science and common sense are being utterly ignored on this subject.

2. Children are being eagerly encouraged to make irreparable changes to their bodies and we're all supposed to accept that and smile?

3. I think we've lost our minds when we say that a man who touches a 15 year old girl's breast even with her consent should be criminally punished but a man who cuts her breasts off because she consented is fine.

4. 17 is too young to be allowed to sign a contract. But ten is plenty old enough to consent to puberty blockers!

1. Well, if it's 'symbolic' then we should move out of that domain of symbolism because we know that if people can't agree on facts then they sure won't agree on symbols and signs.  I invite you to be specific and trust that there are people in existence who will listen to your arguments without prejudice.  The language used in this thread though started out with doomsaying... China will be ruling us etc. etc.

Before we get to doom, there will be politics.  And if we don't use precision in what our concerns are and what the results are then we won't solve problems.  I'm sure we can agree that Trans women in sports are significant... the way to bring your concerns to the fore is to convince people in the middle first.  That's what has worked in the West in the past.

2. Unless this is happening systemically, then it's hard to foment a response.  I ask people to be specific and honest with their concerns.  So far, I have experience more instances of exaggeration than of harmful activity on the part of caregivers, educators and administrators.

3. 4. There's something you left out: her parents, and doubtlessly others have also looked into it.  If you want to make a law that overrules the child AND the parents then the concept of "parents' rights" now seems to not be the principle behind some of these ideas.  

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

With that sentence you alienate 3/4 of the posters on here.  And yet they still somehow to live atop the same earth that you and I recognize is built on contradictions and making-do when you have to.

Oh well...

You must believe that 3/4 of the posters here are honest people then.

I mean - it's not like you could defend what he Said. You simply stopped by to throw out a meaningless insult to 3/4 of the posters here apperently with no thought or contribution.

Well. You certainly convinced them  of the error of their ways didn't you

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure it was. Don't be silly.

Not by your logic.  If you applied the same logic you do to the gaza conflict you'd suggest that it was not all his fault.  Just as you suggest the terrorists had reasons to do what they did.

It takes all kinds. Many haven't.  

You have.

Subjugation that involves killing thousands of children will do that I guess. That doesn't make it right, it just is what it is.

The choice to kill thousands was hamas's.  Not Israel. Israel isn't using kids as meat shields.  That would be your buddies.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Ukraine = 603,628 km²

Gaza = 45 km²

And?

Another is how fashionable it is to regard Russia as the victim and Ukraine as the aggressor. You can even do this without being called a genocidal racist...

See the difference?

ISn't that your position?  IT's the same claim as hamas - russia mistreated by the west for years, land having been taken from them, mistreatment of their people, threat from evil west - that's why the invasion happened according to some and it's the same excuses hamas used to justify their slaughter of civvies.

Shall we mark you down as a Putin-pusher now? That invasion didn't happen in a vaccume you know, so it must be ok by you

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Ukraine = 603,628 km²

Gaza = 45 km²

See the difference?

Nobody but those lost to reason regards Russia as the victim.

And yes, Ukraine has a lot of land, mostly empty farmland and the like. But surprise, almost everyone lives in the cities. And yeah, the bomb shelters help, too. 

4 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Before Trump, emotional online venting was already thing, as were close-minded bigots and thinly-disguised racists.  ?‍♂️

I can't help noting this habit of yours of ascribing emotions to posts that contain ideas you don't like. But when challenged on that, you run away. 

Some people (not you) actually come on here to discuss things intelligently (not you) and not everything they see should be read as keyboard-pounding fury just because you disagree with it.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's undefinable.

@I am Groot    Of course it's undefinable.  IT's simply a term that sounds bad intended to dehumanize people he doesn't like. It's no different than calling black people 'n*ggers' or the like. Take away their humanity and you don't have to face up to their viewpoints and arguments.  That's how the left rolls these days, demonize and dehumanize, then dismiss them.

You're a maga-cultist, or you're a chud etc etc.  The left is about hate and anger.  This shouldn't be surprising.  Why would he need a definition?

Pertinent to the discussion.

Glavin: Is there a triumphant Geert Wilders in Canada's future? Not yet, but ...

The state-sanctioned rejection of mainstream Canadian values, coupled with strains on immigration levels, could lead us to where Europe is now.

It’s not just mass immigration, however, that has caused the governing Liberals to plummet in the polls. But it’s a big deal, because mass immigration, along with the Trudeau government’s weird vision of Canada as a “post-national” state with no core values, is about as fashionable in Canada now as it is in Europe.

By 2021, Statistics Canada was reporting that nearly one in four Canadians was foreign-born — the highest in the G7 and the largest proportion since Confederation. And the Trudeau government’s “diversity is our strength” jingle has grown noticeably tinny, as back-to-back polls over the past couple of weeks amply demonstrate.

Glavin: Is there an exultant Geert Wilders in Canada's future? Not yet | Ottawa Citizen

Edited by I am Groot

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

1.  ...  intended to dehumanize people he doesn't like. It's no different than calling black people 'n*ggers' or the like.

2. .... ttheir viewpoints and arguments.  That's how the left rolls these days, demonize and dehumanize, then dismiss them.

3.  The left is about hate and anger.  

1. Nah.  It's to flag people who should be excluded from substantive discussion because they might call someone a pedophile or generally waste all of our time.  You can't stop being Black but you can stop being a Chud.  Only Chuds seems to hate the term Chud by the way.  Don't want to be a Chud ?  Just don't be one.

2. Their arguments necessarily include name-calling and unprincipled discussion.  So when you turn the tables on them... when people who call others groomers or pedophiled are called a meaningless term like 'Chud' they tellingly shriek hysterically.  

3. No, I'm a conservative.  I just can't think of another way to tag people who should be ignored.

22 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

1. ... could lead us to where Europe is now.

2. It’s not just mass immigration, however, that has caused the governing Liberals to plummet in the polls. But it’s a big deal, because mass immigration, along with the Trudeau government’s weird vision of Canada as a “post-national” state with no core values, is about as fashionable in Canada now as it is in Europe.

3. By 2021, Statistics Canada was reporting that nearly one in four Canadians was foreign-born — the highest in the G7 and the largest proportion since Confederation. And the Trudeau government’s “diversity is our strength” jingle has grown noticeably tinny, as back-to-back polls over the past couple of weeks amply demonstrate.

Glavin: Is there an exultant Geert Wilders in Canada's future? Not yet | Ottawa Citizen

1.   Hard to imagine but indeed there are limits to these things.
2.  Also hard to gage EXACTLY what the problem with Trudeau is but an economy where you need to go into overdraft to buy bread may have something to do with it.
3.  But those same immigrants don't seem to support Trudeau either.

It's going to be a long and boring ramp-up to the next election.

20 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Not by your logic.  If you applied the same logic you do to the gaza conflict you'd suggest that it was not all his fault.  Just as you suggest the terrorists had reasons to do what they did.

Except I would never apply logic that way.  

You have.

No, you've arrived at that conclusion because you use warped logic.

The choice to kill thousands was hamas's.  Not Israel. Israel isn't using kids as meat shields.  That would be your buddies.

It still takes two to Tango.

20 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And?

ISn't that your position?  IT's the same claim as hamas - russia mistreated by the west for years, land having been taken from them, mistreatment of their people, threat from evil west - that's why the invasion happened according to some and it's the same excuses hamas used to justify their slaughter of civvies.

Putin invaded Russia because he's an arsehole with an apparent need to leave his mark in the world.  Making these nonsensical comparisons in search of some complex complicated pattern to explain/understand things is as common as it is fruitless - look the widespread rejection of history surrounding these events for example.

You've never heard of Occam's Razor have you?

Shall we mark you down as a Putin-pusher now? That invasion didn't happen in a vaccume you know, so it must be ok by you

No, because sometimes arseholes just happen - in a vacuum so to speak.

16 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Nobody but those lost to reason regards Russia as the victim.

By the same token most people understand why Ukraine resists Russia's subjugation.

And yes, Ukraine has a lot of land, mostly empty farmland and the like. But surprise, almost everyone lives in the cities. And yeah, the bomb shelters help, too. 

I have little reason not to believe Israel wouldn't bomb them for the same reason they bomb anything else.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Nah.  It's to flag people who should be excluded from substantive discussion because they might call someone a pedophile or generally waste all of our time.  You can't stop being Black but you can stop being a Chud.  Only Chuds seems to hate the term Chud by the way.  Don't want to be a Chud ?  Just don't be one.

Of course it's why you do it.  And i hardly care what a left wing lunatic like yourself chooses to call me - people like you can't be taken seriously at the best of times .  It woudl be like getting upset if a 3 year old called you a poopy-head.

But it is very obviously your effort to dehumanize people so that you can justify not addressing their legitimate points.

2. Their arguments necessarily include name-calling and unprincipled discussion.

You literally just called people chuds and do so daily, and your discussion is very frequently unprincipled.  I've noticed many have pointed this out to you. You engage in a lot of dodging of questions, comments that contribute nothing but are simply spiteful, dismissing people by dehumanizing them first, attempting to minimize and downplay issues rather than actually address them, and the list goes on.

So. Seeing as you fit the definition nicely, it would seem you're a bit of a Chud yourself :)  

3. No, I'm a conservative.  I just can't think of another way to tag people who should be ignored.

Everyone knows that's a lie, everyone points out it's a lie whenever you say it, and if your mental abilities are so weak that you cannot possibly fathom another way to refer to a group other than an insult even you struggled to define then frankly we should find you a forum for "special needs' people so you can be with your own kind

Edited by CdnFox

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

By the same token most people understand why Ukraine resists Russia's subjugation.

Sure - same reason they understand why israel is bombing the crap out of gaza to resist their terrorist subjugation attacks on their civilians.

Kinda sounds like you've got some moving goalposts there big guy. One set of rules for ukraine and one set for hamas.