Fight the Boycott of Israel

TAKE A STAND - FIGHT THE BOYCOTT and the anti-semitic rabble hate and McCarthyism a smart implementation of a classic Bolshevik strategy.

The recent escalation in the efforts to boycott Israel by British organizations like the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the University and College Teachers Union (UCU) is a serious threat to Israel, Jews and open societies. We must do everything we can to stop this dangerous boycott and prevent it from spreading elsewhere.

ADL is fighting back and we need your help.

Sign your name to ADL’s letter to the British NUJ and UCU.

This week, we began a series of ad campaigns around the world. Take the next step in support of Israel. Make a donation to sustain this critical campaign.

http://www.adl.org/boycott/

No. Israel has made its own bed and should now sleep in it. After many decades of shirking it's responsabilities and violating international law while playing the sole victim.......the world is entirely aware that it's full of shit.

There will be no peace until Israel relinquishes the occupied territories period. Will this make the problem go away? no, but at least you have some moral ground to stand on.

Recently hard left wingers started a little boycott of Chapters, which is owned by Jews apparently, and now it seems the left fringe wants to start boycotting whole countries. Of this, an editorial on the weekend said it reminded him of the brown shirts in Germany in the Thirties who stood outside Jewish owned businesses and warned good blond Germans to stay away. A few short years later they were killing them.

What a grotesque appropriation of the Holocaust to defend the policies of modern Israel!

The boycotts apply to Israel because of policies, not Jews because of race.

Exactly, and just ignore the comments about an editorial. The one being spoken about is simply Coren's usual blathering and one can hardly attribute anything thoughtful, let alone editorial, to him.

Anyone that boycotts Israel yet still drives a car (Sudan is a major oil producer) is an utter hypocrit. Let's add anyone that buys anything from China (harvesting organs of living Falun Gong) or Cuba (political oppression).

I've got to wonder the motivation then, Israel, while often ridiculously aggressive, is a pretty small drop in the human rights abuses bucket.

Why Israel? Why Chapters (I actually have a different beef with Chapters, perhaps another thread)? Why not your local Sudanese restuarant or Walmart?

As for rockets, the pullout from Gaza was a half-measure which failed to deliver the reasonable expectations of the Palestinians. Naturally, absent a resolution of their grievances, they regard the conflict as ongoing.

A bit of history about the Muslims is in order.

During the pre-Muslim era, the wanton and vicious habits of the desert people of the area from Egypt through Saudi Arabia is well known, and memorialized in the oral history contained in the Bible. The stories of Sodom and Gomorrah, of the binding of Isaac (by negative implication the ritual child sacrifice among neighboring peoples), the purposeless plugging with sand of water wells dug by Abraham and Isaac are but some examples. The wickedness and idolatry prevalant in these areas, along with sexual perversion and violence, existed well before Islam and the fault for them must be laid at the door, not of Islam, but of local "cultures".

Islam's extremely violent start is also well known. Their virtually unhindered spread from the Mecca area to the Atlantic and to the borders of modern India occurred largely at the point of a sword. There were, during those early years, some constructive developments. In many areas, intellectually, they were ahead of Europe, then in the "Dark Ages". They were more tolerant of Jews and Christians than Christians were of Jews and Muslims. At least "dhimmitude" allowed survival, under conditions of degradation and financial servitude.

Their predatory habits on the trade of other peoples is also well-known. One of the great impetuses for the development of shipping was the need to avoid travel through mortally dangerous Muslim lands en route to the Far East. Later, the Barbary Coast pirates and pirates off modern-day Somalia, all Musims, made theft from Europeans (and eventually Americans) and the "white slave" trade an art form. Then as now, it took the Americasns to crack down rather than pay tribute.

Since then, the Barbary Coast Pirates have morphed into OPEC (all of the money benefits the rulers, not the people), the UN, and disaster-milking. Remeber those pitiful faces on ads for charities after the Indonesia tsunami and the Pakistan earthquake? How much rebuilding do you think has really happened? Then as now, there are producers, and there are extorters and takers. After the Holocaust, an undisputed atrocity, its victims picked themselves up, and are now valuable contributors to the world wherever they live.

Did (do) they have cause to be "angry" with the butchers that killed 6,000,000 of them? Where are their suicide bombers? Where are the Americans attacking bazaars in Araby after September 11? Where's the anger of the non-Muslim world against Muslims? Instead of anger, you see the Michael Moores of the world prattling about "negotiations".

An old radio piece by Gordon Sinclair says it best:

The Americans

Gordon Sinclair

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth.

As long as sixty years ago, when I first started to read newspapers, I read of floods on the Yellow River and the Yangtse. Who rushed in with men and money to help? The Americans did.

They have helped control floods on the Nile, the Amazon, the Ganges and the Niger. Today, the rich bottom land of the Misssissippi is under water and no foreign land has sent a dollar to help. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy, were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of those countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When the franc was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When distant cities are hit by earthquakes, it is the United States that hurries into help... Managua Nicaragua is one of the most recent examples. So far this spring, 59 American communities have been flattened by tornadoes. Nobody has helped.

The Marshall Plan .. the Truman Policy .. all pumped billions upon billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now, newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent war-mongering Americans.

I'd like to see one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplanes.

Come on... let's hear it! Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tristar or the Douglas 107? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all international lines except Russia fly American planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or women on the moon?

You talk about Japanese technocracy and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy and you find men on the moon, not once, but several times ... and safely home again. You talk about scandals and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everyone to look at. Even the draft dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, most of them ... unless they are breaking Canadian laws .. are getting American dollars from Ma and Pa at home to spend here.

When the Americans get out of this bind ... as they will... who could blame them if they said 'the hell with the rest of the world'. Let someone else buy the Israel bonds, Let someone else build or repair foreign dams or design foreign buildings that won't shake apart in earthquakes.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name to you 5,000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble.

Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbours have faced it alone and I am one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.

I hope Canada is not one of these. But there are many smug, self-righteous Canadians. And finally, the American Red Cross was told at its 48th Annual meeting in New Orleans this morning that it was broke.

This year's disasters .. with the year less than half-over… has taken it all and nobody...but nobody... has helped.

No. Israel has made its own bed and should now sleep in it. After many decades of shirking it's responsabilities and violating international law while playing the sole victim.......the world is entirely aware that it's full of shit.

There will be no peace until Israel relinquishes the occupied territories period. Will this make the problem go away? no, but at least you have some moral ground to stand on.

And what authority do you have that the Muslims would recognize Israel inside pre-1967 boundaries? They didn't from 1948-67.

Here's a letter to send: http://www.wiesenthal.com/siteapps/advocac...N8LzH&b=2778511

Dear General Secretary Hunt:

Following the vote by the University and College Union to boycott Israeli academic institutions, I join with the Simon Wiesenthal Center in urging you to stop this one-sided, discriminatory campaign that singles out Israel.

As you yourself stated during the debate, “I do not believe a boycott is supported by the majority of UCU members.”

We therefore urge you to work with your colleagues to immediately take whatever steps are necessary to rescind this unjust, one-sided and ultimately antisemitic initiative by launching a referendum of all members of your union.

This outrageous vote brings shame to British academia, empowers extremists in the Middle East, and makes even more remote the hopes for peace in the region."

Been to the Beeb website lately and read propaganda and see how they are salivating about how Israel either started the 6 day war or how they are 40 year occupiers oppressing those 'innocent Palestinians' . disgusting.

waiting for the flames LOL

Here's a letter to send: http://www.wiesenthal.com/siteapps/advocac...N8LzH&b=2778511

Dear General Secretary Hunt:

... We therefore urge you to work with your colleagues to immediately take whatever steps are necessary to rescind this unjust, one-sided and ultimately antisemitic initiative by launching a referendum of all members of your union. ...

What is anti-semitic about it? (Or for that matter, unjust?)

Been to the Beeb website lately ... see how they are salivating about how Israel either started the 6 day war or how they are 40 year occupiers oppressing those 'innocent Palestinians' . disgusting.

So true. Starting wars and occupying neighboring territories is pretty bad.

Following the vote by the University and College Union to boycott Israeli academic institutions, I join with the Simon Wiesenthal Center in urging you to stop this one-sided, discriminatory campaign that singles out Israel.

I think the Simon Wiesenthal Center did a great job in hunting down Nazi murderers. Apparently it has decided to expand its mandate. When did this happen?

And what authority do you have that the Muslims would recognize Israel inside pre-1967 boundaries? They didn't from 1948-67.

King Abdullah of Jordan met with Golda Meir on the eve of the 1948 war and promised that he would not attack Israel's borders, as defined by the UN. He kept his promise. During the 1948 war, Israel attacked Jordan and took land. Golda of course made no promises.

Who's the villain now, JBG?

Guest chilipeppers

I think the Simon Wiesenthal Center did a great job in hunting down Nazi murderers. Apparently it has decided to expand its mandate. When did this happen?

No idea but my hats go off to them for rooting out this kind of double speak and discrimination.

King Abdullah of Jordan met with Golda Meir on the eve of the 1948 war and promised that he would not attack Israel's borders, as defined by the UN. He kept his promise. During the 1948 war, Israel attacked Jordan and took land. Golda of course made no promises.

Who's the villain now, JBG?

Source? And wasn't Jordan one of the original attacking countries?

And wasn't Jordan one of the original attacking countries?

Yes it was. I'd definitely want to see what the statement:

"King Abdullah of Jordan met with Golda Meir on the eve of the 1948 war and promised that he would not attack Israel's borders, as defined by the UN. He kept his promise. During the 1948 war, Israel attacked Jordan and took land. Golda of course made no promises."

is based on.

And wasn't Jordan one of the original attacking countries?

Yes it was. I'd definitely want to see what the statement:

"King Abdullah of Jordan met with Golda Meir on the eve of the 1948 war and promised that he would not attack Israel's borders, as defined by the UN. He kept his promise. During the 1948 war, Israel attacked Jordan and took land. Golda of course made no promises."

is based on.

Furthermore, this 60 year old accusation makes Israel look pretty good.

A bit of history about the Muslims is in order.
It's deja vu all over again.
I must admire your memory. That doesn't make the material I adapted any less true (and I wrote that post originally). The poitn stands. Some people are great at playing victim and displaying anger, both through words and through (violent) conduct constantly; some are builders.

Here is an interesting report from ynet, which might expell some of these anti-semitic myths circulating around from the "Israel can do NO wrong" junta:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3413292,00.html

Many of the key players in the escalating British campaign to boycott Israel are Jewish or Israeli, the Jewish Chronicle revealed in an investigation published Thursday.

According to the investigation, the Jewish academics justify their stance as part of the struggle for Palestinian rights and ending Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories.

Are they all 'self-haters'?

Aboriginal?? HAHAHAHA!!

If they were oppressing the 'aboriginal populations' of Israel then they would be persecuting jews. Well since about 3500BC. is that far enough back to be aboriginal?

I'm not a big fan of The Bible, but from it says, the Jews were not the only people in the Area. We have the Philistines, the Pharisees....

In any case, for those of you who might be interested, there is now a project to translate the Bible into Klingon

Here is an interesting report from ynet, which might expell some of these anti-semitic myths circulating around from the "Israel can do NO wrong" junta:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3413292,00.html

Many of the key players in the escalating British campaign to boycott Israel are Jewish or Israeli, the Jewish Chronicle revealed in an investigation published Thursday.

According to the investigation, the Jewish academics justify their stance as part of the struggle for Palestinian rights and ending Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories.

There are a great number of self-haters about these days. You are one yourself, if one were to judge by your constant attacks on your own culture in favor of other cultures, or your moral relativism, so it should come as no surprise that self-haters exist.

Naw, what they are is trying to fit in with their surroundings. When you're a minority in a country, it's a lot easier to just echo what is being said, even if it's against your own people, then to try to stand up against it. By going along with the condemnation of Israel, whether or not they themselves actually agree, they divert the discrimination away from themselves. If those same Jewish academics expressed the outrage that many of them likely feel, they may have reason to fear that their security at their jobs or just their social interactions with their fellow non-Jewish academics could suffer as a result.

When any people are being discriminated against, there are always those among them that are willing to go along with and even help the discrimination, if it means that they themselves will be spared it.

So no, they're not self-haters, but if you seek a label they could perhaps be called collaborators.

Anyway, that's probably some of them. Besides that, Jew or not, living in the UK they all experience the same constant bombardment of anti-Israeli propaganda (i.e. from the Guardian), and some of them may actually believe it. After all, just because someone is a Jew doesn't mean they're any more resistant to media influences than any other type of person. Whatever someone's religion, ethnicity, or nationality might be, if they took what media such as the Guardian says about Israel at face value, they would of course conclude that Israel is a force of terrible evil.