Fight the Boycott of Israel

TAKE A STAND - FIGHT THE BOYCOTT and the anti-semitic rabble hate and McCarthyism a smart implementation of a classic Bolshevik strategy.

The recent escalation in the efforts to boycott Israel by British organizations like the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the University and College Teachers Union (UCU) is a serious threat to Israel, Jews and open societies. We must do everything we can to stop this dangerous boycott and prevent it from spreading elsewhere.

ADL is fighting back and we need your help.

Sign your name to ADL’s letter to the British NUJ and UCU.

This week, we began a series of ad campaigns around the world. Take the next step in support of Israel. Make a donation to sustain this critical campaign.

http://www.adl.org/boycott/

The recent escalation in the efforts to boycott Israel ... is a serious threat to Israel, Jews and open societies.

I don't see how a boycott of Israel is a threat to Jews or open societies generally.

We must do everything we can to stop this dangerous boycott and prevent it from spreading elsewhere.

To that end, I suggest Israel pull back to the Green Line and stop provoking its neighbors.

I don't go out of my way to buy Israeli goods and I certaiunly won't make a point of avoiding them. When the jaffa poranges are in season, they will be on my table....and when I run out of cous cous, it's usually an Israeli brand...or morrocan.....

...speaking of which...

If someone wanst me to buy more israeli goods, they should export more keif....

These boycotts are largely symbolic, and they are a response to the ongoing illegal occupation and oppression of the aboriginal populations of Palestine.

It's not anti-semetic - get over your paranoid self delusions. Israel is NOT disliked because she is a Jewish state - she is disliked because of her actions towards those under her occupation.

But go ahead jbg - spin spin spin your horse hooey.

These boycotts are largely symbolic, and they are a response to the ongoing illegal occupation and oppression of the aboriginal populations of Palestine.

What's your point? They're now "aboriginal" people somehow? And the Jews aren't more "aboriginal"? Come to think of it, if everyone "went back" to where they came from the Great Rift Valley would be a rather crowded place.

Take your pick. Level your insults in PM's or here, but not both.

It's not anti-semetic - get over your paranoid self delusions. Israel is NOT disliked because she is a Jewish state - she is disliked because of her actions towards those under her occupation.

Aboriginal?? HAHAHAHA!!

If they were oppressing the 'aboriginal populations' of Israel then they would be persecuting jews. Well since about 3500BC. is that far enough back to be aboriginal?

hahaha

What a load of BS.

.............the aboriginal populations of Palestine.

The palestinians are terrorizing the canaanites or the Philistines? Perhaps the Moabites? Nabateans?

...aboriginal peoples of palestine....give me a frickin break. Especially considering the huge migration of Jordanian Arabs into the mandate area between 1900 and 1940.....

http://www.meforum.org/article/522

Simply put, arabs are not native to palestine.

The recent escalation in the efforts to boycott Israel ... is a serious threat to Israel, Jews and open societies.

I don't see how a boycott of Israel is a threat to Jews or open societies generally.

We must do everything we can to stop this dangerous boycott and prevent it from spreading elsewhere.

To that end, I suggest Israel pull back to the Green Line and stop provoking its neighbors.

Israel pulled out of Gaza and now it's raining rockets. How many people want to bet that if they pull out of the West Bank there won't be rockets raining down on Tel Aviv and Jerusalem from there?

Israel pulled out of Gaza and now it's raining rockets. How many people want to bet that if they pull out of the West Bank there won't be rockets raining down on Tel Aviv and Jerusalem from there?

Perhaps Israel should say, If the are attacked by palestinian rockets they will attack Iran.

I believe the topic of this thread was boycotts. My point is that Israel would be able to greatly improve it's acceptance by the world at large if it avoided breaching international law and ceased the illegal and immoral Occupation of the Palestinians.

As for rockets, the pullout from Gaza was a half-measure which failed to deliver the reasonable expectations of the Palestinians. Naturally, absent a resolution of their grievances, they regard the conflict as ongoing.

Why sure Buffy has it all figured out, i.e.,

"These boycotts are largely symbolic, and they are a response to the ongoing illegal occupation and oppression of the aboriginal populations of Palestine."

In case you haven't noticed Buffy Jews are aboriginal to the Middle East. So are Christians. But hey why let that bother you right?

"It's not anti-semetic - get over your paranoid self delusions."

Many of the comments are in fact anti-semitic as they attack all Jews and make negative comments and accusations about Jews in general. Of course again you have read the comments from all the people involved in the boycott so you would know right?

"Israel is NOT disliked because she is a Jewish state - she is disliked because of her actions towards those under her occupation. "

Now you are talking drivel. For you to say such a purile thing when you have read the covenant of Hamas is embarassing.

"But go ahead jbg - spin spin spin your horse hooey."

And what are you spinning. I mean you really want anyone to take you seriously when you make comments like Israel is not disliked because its a Jewish state?

The whole point, the whole pith and substance of the hatred flows from the concept that Jews should not have a state and for yout o deny that or pretend that is not the conflict is past being absurd or selective its just plain ridiculous.

But like you said Buffy, spin spin spin your horse hooey. (Horse hooey....can you please not use such language!)

"As for rockets, the pullout from Gaza was a half-measure which failed to deliver the reasonable expectations of the Palestinians. "\

I love Figleaf how you sit and speak as if you know what the reasonable expectations of the Palestinian people are. You of course are an expert on how they all think and can speek for all of them collectively and lump their opinions in one neat black and white concept because you are a psychic, a genius, and of course as well all know this is all so simple-Israel poo poo kaka, Palestinians good good good and victims. Right?

Your attempt ti justify the convenant of Hamas and its actions are with due respect as idiotic as Buffy saying the hatred for Israel has nothing to do with hatred for the state being Jewish. I suggest you, Buffy, and Kuzzad find Higgly and get together and start a Israel poo poo ka ka seminar and teach the world. You guys are all in my opinion brilliant and gifted and add so much depth to the analysis of the conflict. I bow to your wisdom. Here all this time I thought the hatred for the state of Israel was because it was Jewish. Imagine me getting that all wrong until Buffy straightened me out. And then you. Well thanks to you I now understand no Hamas's convenant to wipe out Israel no no no its not true, they only want to shoot missiles and kill civilians not to eradicate Israel and take it all back, not at all, its just because they are being reasonable I mean its all so obvious now. Thanks to you.

I understand it all now Figleaf. Its reasonable to shoot missiles at civilians. Perfectly reasonable because the people being shot at are poo poo kaka right? Poo poo ka ka people deserve to die.

Yah very reasonable. It all makes sense.

Your presumptions and arrogance to think you know what Palestinians think and feel and can represent them with such simplistic neat black and white assumptions is past arrogance it is absurd.

I would love to see Figleaf in the Gaza telling Palestinians, its me your saviour Figleaf!!!Yes I understand!!! I know!!! You want to kill Israelis because its reasonable!!!!!!Its reasonable to kill!!!! Yes reasonable I say!!! Get them!!!!!Poo poo ka ka people. Blow them up!!!! Its reasonable!!! Everyone now lets sing together, that Israeli Jew, you know he is poo poo, blow him up good, that won't be misunderstood.....bang pow smash, no problem Iran will fund your missiles with cash! No need to get huffy, you are supported by Buffy! and you know who else is glad, your ally Kuzadd! oh good grief don't forget me Figleaf!

I have news for you Figleaf. if you ever bothered to speak with Palestinians, particularly those that have suffered, you would not dare patronize them and talk about them as violent simplistic bafoons like you do. You may not think so, but not all Palestinians particularly reasonable ones agree with what Hamas is doing and do not appreciate being exploited by it. But then in your simplistic world they are all one angry group of victims who want to kill right Figleaf? Read your words.

But then it would never dawn on you just how patronizing and condescending your comments are to Palestinians because you are after all their spokesperson and have the right let alone the brilliant psychic ability to speak on their behalf and know how they feel. Figleaf, Prophet of the reasonable Palestinian peoples. Figleaf the prophet who tells us all what reasonability is.

The palestinians are terrorizing the canaanites or the Philistines? Perhaps the Moabites? Nabateans?

...aboriginal peoples of palestine....give me a frickin break. Especially considering the huge migration of Jordanian Arabs into the mandate area between 1900 and 1940.....

You mean Jews are aboriginals of the Middle East? Gosh this is confusing. All this time I thought they came from Walmart.

Actually the true Arab, i.e., the Beduin Arab travelled thousands upon thousands of miles and no one is sure where they originated, some say India, some say from the Mongolian planes, others say they are a mix of peoples from the Caucasian mountain area and Pesian area-the point is they fucked as they went along so they would be so inter-mixed no one can say for sure what the totality of their parts are. There are many theories to that. What is known is the Arab people are in fact a mix of many peoples and like Jews are considered part of a sub race called semites.

People inter-change the word "Arab" for "Muslim" for "Palestinian" or anyone basically who looks Cuban.

The majority of Muslims are not even Arabs and some of them are should I say it...caucasian, mongoloid and negroid!!!! Yes imagine that.

The actual aboriginal peoples to the area known as Palestine would consist of Jews, then Christians then Druize and Muslims.. All of these peoples would have come from the same semitic peoples. Zoroastreans and Bahaiis two other aboriginal peoples of the Middle East would be more likely in what is today Iran or was called Persia and we know the Zorastreans were around before the Jews who were around before the Christians, then Muslims and Druze.

The majority of Muslims who ended up in Palestine were never aboriginal to the area but why let the facts get in the way.

My point is Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze all have aboriginal ties to the area known to today as Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, the West Bank and Gaza but the vast majority of the people in this area today are in fact not descended from aboriginals of those 4 groups but from outsiders who moved into the area.

In fact the vast majority of "Palestinians" were always descended from Muslims who travelled to the MiddlePalestine and were never native from there. So in that respect, today's Jews, Muslims and Christians of the Middle East are all inter-mixed mongrels as is the case everywhere else in the world except for of course those areas where some of us l who are known to visit the Jerry Springer show ike to remain inbred to protect our alleged "pure" blood.

The entire world is made up of descendants from bastrards and bastardesses. We are all descended from rape victims, wars, conquests and illegitimate out of wed lock ungodly relationships. I mean imagine that. Next I will say bastards are all children of God and come from God. Then I will say yes one bastard was not really a bastard at all, see his mother was impregnated without sperm. Miracles happen in the Middle East. I mean you have guys building big wooden boats that store thousands of animals and doesn't sink from the shit from the animals, you have bearded angry men climbing mountains, other bearded men smoking dope and having their wives right down what they say in their stoned stupor on leaves and turning that into a religion, and then you have say a child whose mother got pregnant without sperm. Yah its an amazing place the Middle East. A lot of shit happens there.

As for rockets, the pullout from Gaza was a half-measure which failed to deliver the reasonable expectations of the Palestinians. Naturally, absent a resolution of their grievances, they regard the conflict as ongoing.

You mean the Jews failed to slit their throats and throw themselves into the sea? Those bastards!

"As for rockets, the pullout from Gaza was a half-measure which failed to deliver the reasonable expectations of the Palestinians. "\

I love Figleaf how you sit and speak as if you know what the reasonable expectations of the Palestinian people are.

I have an opinion on what the reasonable expectations of the Palestinians are. Don't you?

You of course are an expert on how they all think and can speek for all of them collectively ...
I don't need to be to make the comment I made.
Your attempt ti justify the convenant of Hamas and its actions are with due respect as idiotic as ...

I have not attempted to justify any covenants, nor have I mentioned Hamas. It's amazing what strawmen and nonsense you can come up with to attack expression of opinions you disagree with.

I suggest you, Buffy, and Kuzzad find Higgly and get together and start a Israel poo poo ka ka seminar and teach the world.
You're obviously very emotional about this issue. Do you really think emotion is where the solution to this conflict lies?
... thanks to you I now understand no Hamas's convenant to wipe out Israel no no no its not true, they only want to shoot missiles and kill civilians not to eradicate Israel ...

:huh: You're reading a whole lot into a very simple comment.

Again, I never mentioned Hamas, or any covenants.

...and take it all back, not at all, its just because they are being reasonable ...

More nonsense! I never said they are BEING reasonable. I said that mere withdrawal from Gaza doesn't meet reasonable Palestinian expectations.

I mean its all so obvious now. Thanks to you.

I know you don't mean that, but you should.

I understand it all now Figleaf. Its reasonable to shoot missiles at civilians.

Please get a grip on yourself. I've never suggested such a thing, and it's annoying for you to behave with such histrionics.

Your presumptions and arrogance to think you know what Palestinians think ....

No. I presume to know what it would be reasonable for them to think.

I would love to see Figleaf in the Gaza telling Palestinians, ....

No way, I don't want to be Rachel Cory-ed, thanks very much.

... not all Palestinians particularly reasonable ones agree with what Hamas is doing and do not appreciate being exploited by it. But then in your simplistic world they are all one angry group of victims who want to kill right Figleaf? Read your words.

???????????

Why don't YOU read them and tell me where I mentioned Hamas?

Perfectly reasonable because the people being shot at are poo poo kaka right? Poo poo ka ka people deserve to die.

Please keep your prejudices out of the forum.

You mean the Jews failed to slit their throats and throw themselves into the sea? Those bastards!

I mean nothing of the sort. What crap.

Argus, keep your anti-semitism out of the forum.

Recently hard left wingers started a little boycott of Chapters, which is owned by Jews apparently, and now it seems the left fringe wants to start boycotting whole countries. Of this, an editorial on the weekend said it reminded him of the brown shirts in Germany in the Thirties who stood outside Jewish owned businesses and warned good blond Germans to stay away. A few short years later they were killing them. Have we come full circle in 70 years? The hate towards Israel and Jews seems to be growing, and I really can't see the logic of it. Neither can I see it receding soon with the scary attitudes modeled here on a Canadian forum where we are supposed to be so tolerant of everyone.

Those who are appalled by this senseless hate, remember that all it takes for evil to suceed is for good men to do nothing. ( a quote by someone I can't remember, but it rings true.)

Recently hard left wingers started a little boycott of Chapters, which is owned by Jews apparently, and now it seems the left fringe wants to start boycotting whole countries. Of this, an editorial on the weekend said it reminded him of the brown shirts in Germany in the Thirties who stood outside Jewish owned businesses and warned good blond Germans to stay away. A few short years later they were killing them.

What a grotesque appropriation of the Holocaust to defend the policies of modern Israel!

The boycotts apply to Israel because of policies, not Jews because of race.

You mean Jews are aboriginals of the Middle East? Gosh this is confusing. All this time I thought they came from Walmart.

Actually the true Arab, i.e., the Beduin Arab travelled thousands upon thousands of miles and no one is sure where they originated,

...No....they originated from the arabian peninsula...at least that's what archaeologists, linguists etc believe.

Arabs migrated to the area known as Israel and Palestine around the second century AD

Recently hard left wingers started a little boycott of Chapters, which is owned by Jews apparently, and now it seems the left fringe wants to start boycotting whole countries. Of this, an editorial on the weekend said it reminded him of the brown shirts in Germany in the Thirties who stood outside Jewish owned businesses and warned good blond Germans to stay away. A few short years later they were killing them.

What a grotesque appropriation of the Holocaust to defend the policies of modern Israel!

The brownshirts didn't go after the Jews because of race then either. That only came later.

Recently hard left wingers started a little boycott of Chapters, which is owned by Jews apparently

Is Heather Reisman a Zionist, or just a Jew?

-k

{like, if I want to take action against violence in Somalia, could I just start picketting outside some random black-person's house?}

Recently hard left wingers started a little boycott of Chapters, which is owned by Jews apparently

Is Heather Reisman a Zionist, or just a Jew?

-k

She is an identifiable jew target. I can only assume that any corporate sponsors of the United Jewish Appeal....those evil zionists known for helping falashas and yemenis adapt to isreal and for help poor seniors live with dignity...should have their windows replaced with unbreakable glass....