Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

You and I have grown up with the luxury of having a stable country under our feet and stable friends and family. Omar, having being misled by his father then betrayed by his home country at 15 years old, is groundless. His father is dead as are most of his friends. He has no foundation anymore.

Although it is far from certain that he did anything wrong, many rabid dogs in this country have already torn him to shreds for what the Americans accuse him of.

He's been abandoned by lady justice. He's been tortured. His country doesn't seem to care; "manipulative and unprotective of their own country's people."

His spirit is destroyed. Rabid Canadians are applauding.

Canada is better than this.

Edited by Radsickle

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I have grown up with the luxury of having a stable country under our feet and stable friends and family. Omar, having being misled by his father then betrayed by his home country at 15 years old, is groundless. His father is dead as are most of his friends. He has no foundation anymore.

His spirit is destroyed. Rabid Canadians are applauding.

Canada is better than this.

If I felt that he could be rehabilitated I'd feel differently. Any "rehabilitation" would by necessity tear him away from the murderous "traditions" and "culture".

One of the reasons that multiculturalism does not work is the tragedies it creates. I do not know this boy. Nor do you. But if everything you say is true, he would be ripped apart internally from the confusion of living in a free socieity that is "better than this", but of a culture that is angry and hostile, by definition, to open and free societies.

Oh don't be silly. He has the US military Police to lean on. They are very sensitive people and they go nout of their way to encourage young vermin like lil' Omar to let it all out and to share their feelings.

Omar is one of the luckiest P.O.S alive....

Edited by M.Dancer

If I felt that he could be rehabilitated I'd feel differently. Any "rehabilitation" would by necessity tear him away from the murderous "traditions" and "culture".

One of the reasons that multiculturalism does not work is the tragedies it creates. I do not know this boy. Nor do you. But if everything you say is true, he would be ripped apart internally from the confusion of living in a free socieity that is "better than this", but of a culture that is angry and hostile, by definition, to open and free societies.

We can rehabilitate an entire culture that is angry and hostile but not one confused boy. That's really pathetic.

Oh don't be silly. He has the US military Police to lean on. They are very sensitive people and they go nout of their way to encourage young vermin like lil' Omar to let it all out and to share their feelings.

Omar is one of the luckiest P.O.S alive....

Some of those US military Police are on Omar's side.

oooh oooh!

Was it him in the videos? Was it a `framed' video, done by the CIA to implicate him? Who knows these days?

Is he a lucky "Piece Of Sheet" because he has more media exposure than you?

Edited by Radsickle

Some of those US military Police are on Omar's side.

See? Life's okay woth it.

oooh oooh!

Please type with one hand somewhere else...

Was it him in the videos? Was it a `framed' video, done by the CIA to implicate him? Who knows these days?

I suppose the outrageous claims are up to his defense to prove...so far they are batting zero

Is he a lucky "Piece Of Sheet" because he has more media exposure than you?

No that ain't the case. I am far luckier than lil Omar and I am quite confident that I have been interviewed more by the media in the last 6 months than the P.O.S.

No, Lil Omar is lucky he was captured by the US. Had he lived he would no doubt have been truned into red mist by now, via a suicide vest.

What culture are you saying I said we could rehabilitate?

Would it have made a difference if I'd said country or region? Isn't rehabilitating these (one) reason we're over there?

One of the reasons that multiculturalism does not work is the tragedies it creates.

One of the reasons that interfering does not work are the tragedies it creates. One of which is the cynicism its created, especially around the issues of multiculturalism, immigration and even the concept of protecting children.

There is nothing noble about interfering.

I imagine one of the reasons Canada and many other countries signed the treaty was that it is possible to rehabilitate kids, far easier than adults.

Back in 2002, Canada signed on to an international treaty aimed at rehabilitating child soldiers.

In fact, Canada was the first to ratify the so-called Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child, a treaty that requires signatories to give special consideration to captured enemy fighters under the age of 18.

The treaty says they are to be segregated from adult combatants. As well, those who capture children must make every effort to reintegrate them into society.

article link

Article 6

Each State Party shall take all necessary legal, administrative and other measures to ensure the effective implementation and enforcement of the provisions of this Protocol within its jurisdiction.

States Parties undertake to make the principles and provisions of the present Protocol widely known and promoted by appropriate means, to adults and children alike.

States Parties shall take all feasible measures to ensure that persons within their jurisdiction recruited or used in hostilities contrary to this Protocol are demobilized or otherwise released from service. States Parties shall, when necessary, accord to these persons all appropriate assistance for their physical and psychological recovery and their social reintegration.

UN Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the involvement of children in armed conflict

The UN Protocol doesn't say we should also torture them....

I imagine one of the reasons Canada and many other countries signed the treaty was that it is possible to rehabilitate kids, far easier than adults.

The UN Protocol doesn't say we should also torture them....

Consider me dense but doesn't the fault lie with those that use child solders?

Mostly, yes. Of course it is incredibly wrong for the Taliban F-Heads to enlist kids. But it's also wrong for our side to treat those kids like normal adults when captured.

Never the less it is prudent to trat them as adults before they are captured. If we treat them well enough capturing them will not be necesary.

So Canada signs an international treaty to give special consideration to child soldiers in 2002. That same year, Canada begins ignoring the document it signed.

Today, Canada is still ignoring it. Aiding and Abeting the torturing of a child who might not have done anything aggressive.

How valuable is Canada's signature to the rest of the world now?

Edited by Radsickle

If you can put a bacon cheesburger in as part of the Happy Meal that's a great idea.

Oh, haha. Isn't that clever! Bacon! being fed to a Muslim! oh, that's a good one!

Canada's reputation sucks now. Don't worry though, just keep stuffing your face with toxic fast food.

Edited by Radsickle

Canada doesn't have the right to sign treaties anymore. Canada's word is nothing.
The conservative government refused to sign the convention on aboriginal peoples because it felt the requirements were unreasonable. The activists complained loudly about this but it does raise a question: which is better signing a treaty and then ignoring when convenient or refusing to sign the treaty because it might not be possible to adhere to all of the terms?

Canada's reputation isn't riding on Omar Khadr.

Nobody else around the world cares about the little turd either.

Quite the contrary. I think the most important place to measure Canada's or the U.S.'s reputation is in the caves in the Pakistan Tribal Territory or nearby reaches of Afghanistan. Or perhaps in the idealistic corridors of the U.N. General Assembly.

• 1 month later...

Canada's reputation around the world is riding on the Supreme Court's decision in the next few days...

We'll be nothing better than rabid, lawless dogs if the Court bows to the Goverment on this.

Ignoring the erroneous and onerous contention that th SC would make a decision on anything but a legal question, do you think it will affect the sale of seal products in Europe?

Ignoring the erroneous and onerous contention that th SC would make a decision on anything but a legal question, do you think it will affect the sale of seal products in Europe?

If the seals are killed in Saskatchewan their sale should be banned. If killed in Alberta their sale should not be banned. It's that simple.

Edited by jbg

I don't think of Khadr or his family as being Canadian in any way, shape or form. There's no more of the "Canadian" in them than your average Mumbai hotel clerk

Here here!!!.......i think most real Canadians feel the same way about these people!