Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be "cured" by replying to my posts.

Dear Benny,

In response to your posts, I have concluded you're a bit of a fruitcake. You should lay off the mushrooms on school nights and consider leaving mom's basement and getting a job.

Your Mocker,

Morris Dancer

Dear Benny,

In response to your posts, I have concluded you're a bit of a fruitcake. You should lay off the mushrooms on school nights and consider leaving mom's basement and getting a job.

Your Mocker,

Morris Dancer

My mom has a dancing floor in her basement.

So you're saying that we could create world peace by bringing terrorists here and developing psychological means of "curing" them?

I take it back, that's not ridiculous at all.

-k

You never really asked whether this was what he meant. You assumed and mocked. You're probably very popular among the average crowd but you're Fox Network to me.

Since you feel I did not understand his statement, why don't you provide us *your* interpretation?

You volunteered to act as his interpreter earlier on; you're certainly doing a piss-poor job of it so far.

I'm not entirely sure what he meant either but I'm not going to mock him for not using the predictable language and pseudo-logic you're so comfortable with.

Perhaps he meant that Canada's traditional approach to families from troubled areas benefited the country in many ways and has helped to make peace. Continuing that approach might be more valuable for Canada than `closing the border' and `kicking them all out'.

I know you're a dancing Buffoon! :blink:

Hmmm...so someone who thinks an idiot is a savant but doesn't really know what he means when he babbles...thinks I'm a buffoon....

I would say confusion is your (only) friend :lol:

You never really asked whether this was what he meant. You assumed and mocked. You're probably very popular among the average crowd but you're Fox Network to me.

I have asked repeatedly for him to elaborate on his ideas.

If you've noticed, he has not disagreed with my interpretation of what he said at all: he really does want to bring terrorists to Canada to provide them with psychological treatment.

I'm not entirely sure what he meant either but I'm not going to mock him for not using the predictable language and pseudo-logic you're so comfortable with.

If by "predictable" you mean "intelligible", and by "pseudo-logic" you mean "logic", then yes, I am more comfortable with that than with trying to delve into Benny's realm of fortune-cookie replies searching for meaning that just isn't there.

Perhaps he meant that Canada's traditional approach to families from troubled areas benefited the country in many ways and has helped to make peace. Continuing that approach might be more valuable for Canada than `closing the border' and `kicking them all out'.

That's what you *wish* he had said. What he *actually* said was that he wants to bring terrorists to Canada to provide them with psychological treatment.

-k

Is it ridiculous or not?

Yes, it's ridiculous.

You can't cure people of having different values than your own.

I abhor what they stand for, but at least I can say this for them: they hold their beliefs and stand up for them. Hopefully, so do we.

You will be "cured" by replying to my posts.

If replying to your posts is the "cure", I can't imagine what the "disease" could possibly be.

My mom has a dancing floor in her basement.

Does it have a brass pole?

-k

I am more comfortable with that than with trying to delve into Benny's realm of fortune-cookie replies searching for meaning that just isn't there.
A poorly translated fortune cookie makes a hell of a lot more sense than benny's weak attempt at postmodern language and hermeneutical internet posting. His posts are like interpretive dance. He's dressed all in black with a black background and stands completely motionless for 45 minutes. He's the artist that crushes a bag of fritos and throws it on the floor, then allows the viewer to interpret the meaning. The existentialist side of his posting is that you can drive yourself insane trying to find meaning in the meaninglessness of his rhetoric. Realistically, he reads things beyond his comprehension and regurgitates things he doesn't understand.

A poorly translated fortune cookie makes a hell of a lot more sense than benny's weak attempt at postmodern language and hermeneutical internet posting. His posts are like interpretive dance. He's dressed all in black with a black background and stands completely motionless for 45 minutes. He's the artist that crushes a bag of fritos and throws it on the floor, then allows the viewer to interpret the meaning. The existentialist side of his posting is that you can drive yourself insane trying to find meaning in the meaninglessness of his rhetoric. Realistically, he reads things beyond his comprehension and regurgitates things he doesn't understand.

Psychoanalysts know how to find meaning in seemingly meaninglessness.

Psychoanalysts know how to find meaning in seemingly meaninglessness.

For fame's a weed, but repute is a slow-growing oak, and all we can do during our lifetimes is to hop around like squirrels and plant acorns.

Don't feed the troll!!! Even though I don't follow that advice myself.

Let's recall what he actually wrote:
Just like legislating harsh CO2 cap can lead a country of invent technologies that can become extraordinarily valuable, attracting terrorists can lead to invent psychological methods that can be as profitable.
That's pretty straightforward. He thinks Canada could bring terrorists here and provide psychological treatment for them. His only objection to my interpretation was that I put "curing" in quotation marks.

I'm not telepathic. I can only interpret what he wrote. If he meant something other than what he wrote, he will need to learn how to express his ideas better. If one sentence answers are not adequate to adequately express his ideas, perhaps he can move up to 2 sentences, or even whole paragraphs.

Since you feel I did not understand his statement, why don't you provide us *your* interpretation?

You volunteered to act as his interpreter earlier on; you're certainly doing a piss-poor job of it so far.

... Is he comparing terrorrists to `harsh CO2'? Is it a statement about necessity being the mother of invention? Maybe by bringing Khadr back to Canada, we could learn something from him? Profitable for who? In what way?

Knowledge is valuable... your narrow assumptions, Kimmy, are not.

I bet Benny never bothered to correct your interpretation because it became an interesting plaything. You will `need to learn how to find ideas better'.

Edited by Radsickle

He's the artist that crushes a bag of fritos and throws it on the floor, then allows the viewer to interpret the meaning. The existentialist side of his posting is that you can drive yourself insane trying to find meaning in the meaninglessness of his rhetoric.

Kinda like your "God-fearing Athiest" phrase.

... Is he comparing terrorrists to `harsh CO2'? Is it a statement about necessity being the mother of invention? Maybe by bringing Khadr back to Canada, we could learn something from him? Profitable for who? In what way?

Knowledge is valuable... your narrow assumptions, Kimmy, are not.

I bet Benny never bothered to correct your interpretation because it became an interesting plaything. You will `need to learn how to find ideas better'.

Khadr, Kimmy are much alike when compared to Paul. Paul is the most important Christian disciple, he was killing Christians before converting to Christianity on the road to Damascus.