Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

If the parents would have been prevented from taking their kids to terrorist training camps, then none of this would have happened. But not only did the parents do that to him, his mother is living without any repercussions in Canada. Yet I don't hear you calling for her to be tried.

If the government has evidence of her committing a crime let them present it and try her.

And from what I've read, child soldiers are supposed to be 'rehabilitated and reunited with their families.' Wouldn't that be a lovely situation? Just put the kid back with the family who made him what he is.

There are foster parents if need be.

Then you should be outraged that your government allows this type of thing to happen in the first place. You should be outraged that Khadr's mother is still living free and without any repercussions in your country. She should be just as responsible for "misdeeds and wrongful actions" as the government is; and the government should see that she is.

Let what happen? Are you suggesting the state prevent parents from radicalising and filling their kid's heads with crap? Okay. This could prove interesting.

In the meantime if the government has evidence of her committing a crime they should, in a timely manner through a due process, present it and try her.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They tried kids at Nuremberg too?

Had there been any legitimate soldiers or officials under age and who were accused of war crimes they would have certainly tried them. God knows we certainly shot at and killed the child soldiers used by germany.

Never the less your aside is as usual, irrelevant.

First of all, I was talking about his mother - she should be arrested and executed.

Arrested for what?

Unfortunately, we don't utilize capital punishment in this country. His mother provides material and moral support to terrorists.

Unfortunately we don't require people to have brains before they speak.

With respect to Omar Khadr, I am not opposed to his having a day in court. He will have his day in court. And he will be convicted. I can only hope and pray that he is executed, as well.

The world is filled with child soldiers. I don't think the solution is to kill them.

Lastly, in regards to the Federal Court of Canada demanding that the Canadian government make efforts to repatriate this piece of garbage that is Omar Khadr, this was clearly the court overstepping its authority and venturing into foreign policy.

Um, he's a Canadian citizen. The Canadian government, like all national governments, has some obligation to look out for citizens abroad.

Regardless, Omar Khadr will have his fair chance at justice. American justice is second to none.

Okay, I think you're just trolling now.

I suggest you read my posts more carefully before responding.

Read them? I'm thinking of wiping my a$$ with them.

Edited by ToadBrother

Guest American Woman

If the government has evidence of her committing a crime let them present it and try her.

I was referring to child abuse. Is that a crime? In extreme cases, yes, it is. Is raising a child to fight in hostilities child abuse? Are you going to argue that it isn't? At 15, he's his parents' responsibility. If he's off fighting in Afghanistan, his parents are accountable. Are you going to argue otherwise? Now tell me that the government, in light of all that has happened, isn't aware of any of this; that they have no "evidence." The fact that he was there is all the evidence one needs. Surely he didn't run away from home to Afghanistan of his own accord as there was no 'missing person' report filed by his mother.

There are foster parents if need be.

Foster parents are only needed if the parents aren't fit. And if his mother isn't fit, then that backs up my claim. Are you going to argue otherwise?

Let what happen? Are you suggesting the state prevent parents from radicalising and filling their kid's heads with crap? Okay. This could prove interesting.

Oh, please. Surely you aren't saying raising a child to fight/take part in hostilities/to be "a child soldier," taking them to another country and raising them this way, is merely "radicalizing and filling their heads with crap?" He could have been killed himself, and that would have been on his parents' shoulders for putting him in that situation. You don't think that's abuse? I find your statement so unbelievable, I'm asking you outright if you seriously think it isn't child abuse to raise/train a child to be a soldier/to fight in hostilities. Before you answer, let me remind you of your own words:

I agree that any parent who fills their kids heads full of crap should be held accountable ....

In the meantime if the government has evidence of her committing a crime they should, in a timely manner through a due process, present it and try her.

If?? They have all the evidence they need by the fact that Omar was where he was/with who he was with. So they most certainly do have evidence of child abuse, and the government has had just as much time to act in a "timely manner" regarding that abuse as they have had regarding Omar's being taken prisoner; Yet you are upset that they haven't acted in a timely manner regarding his 'right to due process' while you seem to be making all kinds of excuses for why they haven't acted on any charges of abuse. That nothing has been done, that his mother has not been held accountable for her 15 year old's whereabouts/well-being, is truly difficult to understand.

Guest American Woman
The world is filled with child soldiers. I don't think the solution is to kill them.

What do you think the solution is?

Just because a soldier/combatant is young doesn't make them any less lethal:

....the first U.S. soldier killed in the war on terrorism was shot by a fourteen-year-old sniper in Afghanistan. [...] Children were among the ranks of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s Mahdi militia that fought U.S. and British forces in the summer of 2004. A twelve-year-old boy told London’s Daily Telegraph “Last night I fired a rocket-propelled grenade against a tank.” Western clashes with child soldiers are not limited to the war on terrorism: Sierra Leone’s West Side Boys militia took a squad of British soldiers hostage in 2000.

Child soldiers pose unique challenges to professional armies. They are lethal combatants, but they are also victims, often forced to fight. For professional soldiers, hesitation out of sympathy may prove fatal. link

So I ask you again, what do you think the answer is?

There probably isn't an easy one. But they are children never th eless.

....the first U.S. soldier killed in the war on terrorism was shot by a fourteen-year-old sniper in Afghanistan. [...] Children were among the ranks of Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr’s Mahdi militia that fought U.S. and British forces in the summer of 2004. A twelve-year-old boy told London’s Daily Telegraph “Last night I fired a rocket-propelled grenade against a tank.” Western clashes with child soldiers are not limited to the war on terrorism: Sierra Leone’s West Side Boys militia took a squad of British soldiers hostage in 2000.

Child soldiers pose unique challenges to professional armies. They are lethal combatants, but they are also victims, often forced to fight. For professional soldiers, hesitation out of sympathy may prove fatal. link

In combat, kill them. If captured, don't. Actually, that applies to all soldiers, child or otherwise.

I have no issue with our soldiers shooting an armed 14 year old. What I have an issue with is that once you've captured one and he's a prisoner of war, that the solution being advocated is to kill him. If he is a POW, then by international law, Khadr has specific rights. If he's not a POW, then he's a criminal, but not one that is in either the US or Canada of the age of consent, in which case that is a substantial factor.

There probably isn't an easy one. But they are children never th eless.

In combat, kill them. If captured, don't. Actually, that applies to all soldiers, child or otherwise.

I have no issue with our soldiers shooting an armed 14 year old. What I have an issue with is that once you've captured one and he's a prisoner of war, that the solution being advocated is to kill him. If he is a POW, then by international law, Khadr has specific rights. If he's not a POW, then he's a criminal, but not one that is in either the US or Canada of the age of consent, in which case that is a substantial factor.

What are you complaining about? He'll get his day in court. Nobody in here has said he shouldn't be tried. What many of us ARE saying, which you're unable to comprehend, is that we hope he is convicted and executed. That isn't the same as us wishing the justice system was abolished altogether.

Just one more thing I'd like to add - I will never be ashamed to be a Canadian. I love this country. This is one of the finest countries on earth, on an extremely short list. I may be angered and disappointed with many things that occur in Canada - crazy opinions of some Canadians and Canadian groups, political decisions, etc. But I am never ashamed of this country's fundamentals. Everytime I travel out-of-country, I always feel this warmth in my heart when I arrive back in Canada and see "Welcome to Canada". I love this country with all my heart.

What are you complaining about? He'll get his day in court. Nobody in here has said he shouldn't be tried. What many of us ARE saying, which you're unable to comprehend, is that we hope he is convicted and executed. That isn't the same as us wishing the justice system was abolished altogether.

He was a kid when the alleged acts occurred. The Supreme Court of the United States abolished the execution of minors.

Maybe he'll spend the rest of his days in prison, but he won't be executed.

Whatever I said, you can be sure I meant he should simply be treated like and referred to as a human being.

Terrorist's are nothing more than filthy rats that need exterminating and should hardly be refered to as human, go google Taliban or Al Qaeda atrocities and see if you still think they are a human being!

Edited by wulf42

Terrorist's are nothing more than filthy rats that need exterminating and should hardly be refered to as human, go google Taliban or Al Qaeda atrocities and see if you still think they are a human being!

According to eyeball, extremist Islamic terrorism is a natural response to Western imperialism in the Middle East. In other words, it's all our fault.

I was referring to child abuse. Is that a crime? In extreme cases, yes, it is. Is raising a child to fight in hostilities child abuse? Are you going to argue that it isn't?

Of course I'm not going to argue with that. I honestly don't know why you think I would.

At 15, he's his parents' responsibility. If he's off fighting in Afghanistan, his parents are accountable. Are you going to argue otherwise? Now tell me that the government, in light of all that has happened, isn't aware of any of this; that they have no "evidence." The fact that he was there is all the evidence one needs. Surely he didn't run away from home to Afghanistan of his own accord as there was no 'missing person' report filed by his mother.

No, it definitely sounds like he was taken or sent there by his parents.

Foster parents are only needed if the parents aren't fit. And if his mother isn't fit, then that backs up my claim. Are you going to argue otherwise?

No, I agree with you 100%. You're on a roll, please keep it up.

Oh, please. Surely you aren't saying raising a child to fight/take part in hostilities/to be "a child soldier," taking them to another country and raising them this way, is merely "radicalizing and filling their heads with crap?" He could have been killed himself, and that would have been on his parents' shoulders for putting him in that situation. You don't think that's abuse?

Of course I think its abuse, why or how on Earth could anyone think otherwise?

I find your statement so unbelievable, I'm asking you outright if you seriously think it isn't child abuse to raise/train a child to be a soldier/to fight in hostilities. Before you answer, let me remind you of your own words:

I agree that any parent who fills their kids heads full of crap should be held accountable

I am telling you outright that I think every single thing you have outlined above as being abusive is in total harmony with what I think.

If?? They have all the evidence they need by the fact that Omar was where he was/with who he was with. So they most certainly do have evidence of child abuse, and the government has had just as much time to act in a "timely manner" regarding that abuse as they have had regarding Omar's being taken prisoner; Yet you are upset that they haven't acted in a timely manner regarding his 'right to due process' while you seem to be making all kinds of excuses for why they haven't acted on any charges of abuse. That nothing has been done, that his mother has not been held accountable for her 15 year old's whereabouts/well-being, is truly difficult to understand.

Like I said, if this is the case they should use the evidence they have and charge his parents.

However, think about it for a minute...It's actually very easy to understand why the government hasn't done anything to shine a closer spotlight on Khadr's upbringing. If the government charges Omar Khadr's parents with abuse, with radicalising him and filling his head with crap and putting him into a hostile combat environment it would undermine the entire basis for charging Omar Khadr. It would be a tacit admission that Omar was indeed an innocent victim that was turned into a child soldier/combatant against his will - that he was a deeply abused and disturbed child and his incapacity stemming from his abuse should have rendered him utterly and virtually automatically innocent.

It's bad enough to imagine that the government of Canada is deliberately crapping on Khadr's rights to keep its base of support in a state of excited delirium but its even worse knowing this has been done to promote and maintain the fiction that he is undeserving of the due process and special consideration that any other abused minor or child soldier would get. I think these will be the grounds that are finally used to show the government manipulated and ignored the facts it has at its disposal to knowingly and maliciously slander Omar Khadr's name. I think it is so guilty of complicity in his on going abuse that a $100 million dollar settlement would not be out of order in the least.

This fine should be shared proportionally between Mr Khadr's parent's and every other Canadian citizen. This is as it should be in a democratic country where citizen's are responsible and can be held to account for their own actions or inactions as well as their governments.

Edited by eyeball

Stop interfering in the affairs of other countries so these quagmires don't develop. You do realize that most of the weapons and ammunition that finds its way into the hands of conflict children were manufactured and distributed by America and its allies don't you?

The arms industry is unlike any other. It operates without regulation. It suffers from widespread corruption and bribes. And it makes its profits on the back of machines designed to kill and maim human beings.

So who profits most from this murderous trade? The five permanent members of the UN Security Council—the USA, UK, France, Russia, and China. Together, they are responsible for eighty eight per cent of reported conventional arms exports. “We can’t have it both ways. We can’t be both the world’s leading champion of peace and the world’s leading supplier of arms.” Former US President Jimmy Carter, presidential campaign, 1976

...oh yes you can...

2008 - On October 31, 147 states at the United Nations voted overwhelmingly to move forward with work on an Arms Trade Treaty. Only the US and Zimbabwe voted against it.

Source

According to eyeball, extremist Islamic terrorism is a natural response to Western imperialism in the Middle East. In other words, it's all our fault.

I know, the leftie's are so Anti USA they would support our enemies over our Allies, i wonder how they will feel in 10-15 years when Sharia Law is in effect in Canada and the terrorist's are blowing things up in downtown T.O? and are destroying all our rights and freedoms they say they want to uphold?? Freedom doesn t come being passive and weak.. WW2 showed us that, now today instead of the Nazis we have to deal with Islamic Extremist's which in my opinion are worse because they are already here plotting attack's against us (Toronto 18)i can't believe this country sometimes. In Britain they are having big problems, the scumbag terrorist's stand right out on the street corners bragging how they are going to force Sharia law on Britain and destroy Buckingham palace and force the Queen out of the Country! And what does Britain do? Nothing........they should round these animals up and either have them imprisoned or at least give them the boot! That is what is coming here just a matter of time and while Canada is to busy trashing our American Neighbours who have protected us from the Russians for over 60 years the enemy just quietly goes on plotting and laughing at the stupid Canadian infidel.

Edited by wulf42

I know, the leftie's are so Anti USA they would support our enemies over our Allies, i wonder how they will feel in 10-15 years when Sharia Law is in effect in Canada and the terrorist's are blowing things up in downtown T.O?

It is government of the country that will allow Sharia Law to exist in Canada or the US. If anything you should be watching out what your governments do in these cases. In Canada Sharia Law was struck down and the Muslims do not get their court. At the same time, the Jewish people lost their familiy/religious courts. Seems completely fair to me. That I supported 100%. Because of this, I don't see Sharia Law happening in Canada within my lifetime.

Don't blame ME and peole like me for the allowing of Sharia Law, talk to the leaders in your governments.

and are destroying all our rights and freedoms they say they want to uphold?? Freedom doesn t come being passive and weak.. WW2 showed us that, now today instead of the Nazis we have to deal with Islamic Extremist's which in my opinion are worse because they are already here plotting attack's against us (Toronto 18)i can't believe this country sometimes. In Britain they are having big problems, the scumbag terrorist's stand right out on the street corners bragging how they are going to force Sharia law on Britain and destroy Buckingham palace and force the Queen out of the Country! And what does Britain do? Nothing

Why is the British government doing nothing about it? Why are the police doing nothing about it? Those questions need to be asked.

.......they should round these animals up and either have them imprisoned or at least give them the boot! That is what is coming here just a matter of time and while Canada is to busy trashing our American Neighbours who have protected us from the Russians for over 60 years the enemy just quietly goes on plotting and laughing at the stupid Canadian infidel.

Deportation back to whereever they came from would be a good start. Why is the British government not doing anything about it?

I know, the leftie's are so Anti USA they would support our enemies over our Allies,

Our Allies...? Here's a nice example of what passes for an ally of ours today.

After the last election, 30,000 people were arrested in a crackdown on dissent. This time, the governing party is taking no chances
Four years ago, foreign election observers concluded that the last Ethiopian election had been rigged. Opposition supporters took to the streets, and an estimated 30,000 people were arrested in a crackdown on dissent. Nearly 200 people were killed when Ethiopia's police opened fire on the protesters. Dozens of opposition leaders and activists were jailed.
The election matters because Ethiopia is strategically important. It is the second most populous country in sub-Saharan African, and a key U.S. ally in the Horn of Africa, where Ethiopian troops have repeatedly intervened in Somalia. And it is one of the biggest recipients of Canadian foreign aid, with $90-million donated by Canada in 2007 alone.

Speaking of allies here's the newest one to join in our holy crusade for human rights, freedom and democracy, China, God bless them.

The International Crisis Group, an independent think tank based in Brussels, says the Ethiopian government is controlling its population with neighbourhood committees, informers, media controls and high-tech surveillance.

“Thanks to Chinese electronic monitoring-and-control software, the government is able to block most opposition electronic communications when it desires,” the group said in a recent report.

Source

Friends of your's wulf?

Edited by eyeball

the Ethiopian government is controlling its population with neighbourhood committees

What is good enough for Eyeball's Canada ain;t good enough for Ethiopia? Or are citizens committees only in your favour when they follow your ideaology?

the Ethiopian government is controlling its population with neighbourhood committees

What is good enough for Eyeball's Canada ain;t good enough for Ethiopia? Or are citizens committees only in your favour when they follow your ideaology?

Lying hypocrite.

As I'm sure most people around here realize, the citizen's assemblies I propose for Canada would be used by our population to control the government. The complete opposite of what you're saying.

You're mis-characterization is nothing less than an apology and support for what we and our allies are doing to Ethiopians. There can be no doubt who and what you really stand for by your own admission that you would stack Canadian committees/assemblies to likewise thwart the democratic wishes of your own fellow citizens.

I would pack them with shareholders

Cite

Lying hypocrite.

As I'm sure most people around here realize, the citizen's assemblies I propose for Canada would be used by our population to control the government. The complete opposite of what you're saying.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It really irks you when your half baked musings come back to bite you, don't it.

Who pray tell gives the Commisar's Committees their authority, if not the state?

You're mis-characterization is nothing less than an apology and support for what we and our allies are doing to Ethiopians.

We aren't doing anything to them. They do it for themselves.

There can be no doubt who and what you really stand for by your own admission that you would stack Canadian committees/assemblies to likewise thwart the democratic wishes of your own fellow citizens.

So the committees of the politically pire would have their membership restricted to EyeBall Party members only? How Soviet of you. I assume then you have two classes of citizens, the ones you feel will support you and property owners, again, how soviet of you.

Half baked ideas are like under cooked chicken...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It really irks you when your half baked musings come back to bite you, don't it.

Who pray tell gives the Commisar's Committees their authority, if not the state?

We aren't doing anything to them. They do it for themselves.

So the committees of the politically pire would have their membership restricted to EyeBall Party members only? How Soviet of you. I assume then you have two classes of citizens, the ones you feel will support you and property owners, again, how soviet of you.

Half baked ideas are like under cooked chicken...

Chicken? Undercooked beef I could tolerate..not chicken..If you are going to have a half baked idea it might as well be a big one...like bull size and not a chicken mc half cooked nugget.