Israel

jdobbin

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cease fire is just a cease fire.

10 years, for reasonable terms.

Hamas is a terrorist organization committed to the killing of Jews and the destruction of Israel. It cannot be trusted to honor its word. It would simply use the freedom it had to build up a much larger army and continue to attack Israel.

No doubt there's plenty of hate on both extremes

like dre's report of common Israeli coffee shop talk about Palestinians:

"When is the government going to get the n-----s off our land.

10 years cease fire ... on the table.

I don't live there and am not Jewish and even I think that's a non-starter.

I get the reference.

Very few if any people here have a citizen's vote in this dispute.

I'm interested in what the people of Palestine and Israel think of this proposal, and more interested in womens' opinions.

Why? Are you a sexist?

Ever hear of Golda Meir?

It seems to me that Hamas/Islamic Jihad have put a reasonable offer on the table that is calling Israel's bluff.

Nobody cares what your interpretation of a 'reasonable offer' would be. You hate Israelis and Israel and like the Palestinians would be happy to see it replaced by a brutal Islamic dictatorship.

Now where did she say that?

Sometimes when people don't have much of an argument and are clearly on the wrong side morally, they call other people "haters." I think "Harper Hater!" is the only debate tactic left among conservatives on this forum.

Now where did she say that?

Personally, I don't think she hates Israelis, I think she's an enabler. She wants Israel to accept everything the terrorists demand, because she believes that is the easiest route to peace. It's obviously an idealistic view because even faced with all the facts, she can't quite (or won't) connect the dots as to where those actions will end up 2,5 or 10 years down the road.

I imagine a parent that lets their kids have ice cream for dinner and wear pyjamas to school because it's just easier than dealing with the child.

Personally, I don't think she hates Israelis, I think she's an enabler. She wants Israel to accept everything the terrorists demand, because she believes that is the easiest route to peace.

This is a rather silly post. A ceasefire would be binding on both sides and if Hamas violated it, then Israel would no longer be bound by it. The fact that Israel doesnt want the "firing" to "cease" is rather telling.

This is a rather silly post. A ceasefire would be binding on both sides and if Hamas violated it, then Israel would no longer be bound by it. The fact that Israel doesnt want the "firing" to "cease" is rather telling.

Hamas uses ceasefires to rearm. Every few years they do some aggressive action, have a few weeks of firing rockets at Israel, run out of rockets, then use their international mouthpieces to demand a ceasefire. Then a few years later they do it again. Each time a few dozen to a couple hundred Israelis and 1000-2000 Palestinians are killed. Over and over. Why (aside from bowing to international pressure) should Israel agree to keep perpetuating this idiotic pattern?

Edited by Bonam

A cease fire is just a cease fire.

10 years, for reasonable terms.

Wake up Jacee.......or do you think they don't really mean it?...they want to kill every Jew in the world - nothing less will ever satisfy Hamas. Note that I said Hamas - not the Palestinians. From the Hamas Charter:

"Initiatives and so-called peaceful resolutions and international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement ... There is no solution for the Palestinian question, except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time ..."
Edited by Keepitsimple

Wake up Jacee.......or do you think they don't really mean it?...they want to kill every Jew in the world - nothing less will ever satisfy Hamas. Note that I said Hamas - not the Palestinians. From the Hamas Charter:

It's futile, she's seen it, read it...and disregarded it. She believes Jihad is a loving aspect to Islam, she would also be just as happy to be muslim as Christian.

What you are missing here is the empathy jaycee feels for innocent palestinian families. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread or perhaps another thread on this very subject, that there are many people who feel no empathy for the innocent victims here which fuels the war. Rightly so.

What you are missing here is the empathy jaycee feels for innocent palestinian families. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread or perhaps another thread on this very subject, that there are many people who feel no empathy for the innocent victims here which fuels the war. Rightly so.

A lot fewer "innocent Palestinian families" would be in danger if their leaders and other Arab nations hadn't plotted to keep them as a perpetual thorn in Israel's side for generations. If Hamas didn't plunk down their rocket launchers right beside schools and hospitals. If they used their resources on civilian infrastructure instead of (ineffectual) military buildup.

Israel, on the other hand, has its own innocent families to worry about protecting. And it does so very effectively, as can be seen by the very low civilian casualties on Israel's side. There is a government doing something right: doing what it needs to to ensure the safety of its own people.

A lot fewer "innocent Palestinian families" would be in danger if their leaders and other Arab nations hadn't plotted to keep them as a perpetual thorn in Israel's side for generations. If Hamas didn't plunk down their rocket launchers right beside schools and hospitals. If they used their resources on civilian infrastructure instead of (ineffectual) military buildup.

Israel, on the other hand, has its own innocent families to worry about protecting. And it does so very effectively, as can be seen by the very low civilian casualties on Israel's side. There is a government doing something right: doing what it needs to to ensure the safety of its own people.

This sounds so blah blah blah blah . We have heard all this before. Can we come up with a better resolution.

This sounds so blah blah blah blah . We have heard all this before. Can we come up with a better resolution.

Of course. Hamas can lay down its weapons and invite in international inspectors to monitor their disarmament. Then there won't be any more Israeli attacks on Hamas militants, and therefore no innocent civilian casualties. Hamas is the government of the people of Gaza and should do what it must to ensure their safety. Sadly, the safety of the people of Gaza is the last thing on Hamas's mind.

Also the fact that you have heard something before does not make it any less true or relevant. Not everything needs to be new and radical.

Edited by Bonam

A 10 year cease fire ... I think a lot of Israeli people will support that, and the conditions.

Not really for us to say, but it will be interesting to see.

A 10 year cease fire ... I think a lot of Israeli people will support that, and the conditions.

Not really for us to say, but it will be interesting to see.

No, Israeli's know the routine! They are more afraid than you know and they want Hamas gone!

It's like on Peanuts, most of us know that Lucy is gonna pull the football away from Charlie Brown. If you people on the left don't get that by now, you never will - sorry!

:lol:

Unh ... neither ... organized religion sucks, man.

But, you refuse to say that Islam is worse than Christianity, so, I'm left with the understanding that you'd be just as comfortable living in Islam as Christianity - am I wrong? Can you at least admit that you have a better life in Canada than you would in say...Syria, Iran or Saudi Arabia?

Edited by Hal 9000