Why are we regressing to the 1960s?

41 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

We were doing so well at putting bigotry behind us. Why do these campuses in America look like 1963 Alabama? Why arent the cities and states (outside of Texas) just letting it happen?

Because Republicons in the House are making political hay out of it.

Guess you haven't heard about all the university presidents losing their jobs cause House Republicons are demanding their heads.

MAGA "Christians" beating up on Palestinian sympathizers over a small minority of anti-semites who are probably outside agitators threatening Jews on campus.

Every aspect of interaction is different now due to Balkanization within and by Social Media.

So you get your convoy protests, your BLM protests, now your campus protests.  Some protests die down, some lead to massive change (Equal Rights Amendment) some lead to new nations (1776)

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Guess you haven't heard about all the university presidents losing their jobs cause House Republicons are demanding their heads.

MAGA "Christians" beating up on Palestinian sympathizers over a small minority of anti-semites who are probably outside agitators threatening Jews on campus.

That's nonsensical. The Republicans are benefitting from reacting to the left's antisemitic riots so it is ok that the left is antisemitic?

23 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

That's nonsensical. The Republicans are benefitting from reacting to the left's antisemitic riots so it is ok that the left is antisemitic?

Where have you seen "anti-semitic riots"? Almost all of the campus demonstrations I've seen are peaceful except for when the cops come in to expel them from campus (mostly in Texas).

34 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Where have you seen "anti-semitic riots"? Almost all of the campus demonstrations I've seen are peaceful except for when the cops come in to expel them from campus (mostly in Texas).

Well, they smashed windows at Columbia and surrounded and entrapped a woman at Yale. At GW, they desecrated a statue of George Washington. At all of these campuses, they have used force to prevent Jewish students from entering. They have made speeches calling for the killing of Al Zionists, which has become to Jews what the N-word is to blacks.

But, yeah, that's all peaceful and above board. What did you call it when those white supremacist aholes held torches and marched?

The solution to prevent going back to the 1960s is to send in the mounted cops swinging billy clubs, firehoses and the National Guard to gun down a few.
That helps explain the conservative views on drug decriminalization and abortion.

Oink, oink, Squeeeee! Let's git 'em boys!

22 minutes ago, herbie said:

The solution to prevent going back to the 1960s is to send in the mounted cops swinging billy clubs, firehoses and the National Guard to gun down a few.
That helps explain the conservative views on drug decriminalization and abortion.

Really? I thought it meant the left should stop hating jews and discriminating based on races, sex, religion and such. I mean, if the left did that, damn near all the bigotry in the world would be gone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

Well, they smashed windows at Columbia and surrounded and entrapped a woman at Yale. At GW, they desecrated a statue of George Washington. At all of these campuses, they have used force to prevent Jewish students from entering. They have made speeches calling for the killing of Al Zionists, which has become to Jews what the N-word is to blacks.

But, yeah, that's all peaceful and above board. What did you call it when those white supremacist aholes held torches and marched?

None of those are violent RIOTS. Yes they broke into a building at Columbia to continue to occupy the campus after the cops came to drag them out. Still not a RIOT.

Zionist describes ACTIONS not immutable characteristics beyond one's control, so not nearly the same as n-word. 

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

None of those are violent RIOTS. Yes they broke into a building at Columbia to continue to occupy the campus after the cops came to drag them out. Still not a RIOT.

Zionist describes ACTIONS not immutable characteristics beyond one's control, so not nearly the same as n-word. 

Weird. Because the lwnj Mika Brzezinski says otherwise:

Mika Brzezinski Declares Pro-Palestinian College Protests ‘Look Like January 6’

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Every aspect of interaction is different now due to Balkanization within and by Social Media.

So you get your convoy protests, your BLM protests, now your campus protests.  Some protests die down, some lead to massive change (Equal Rights Amendment) some lead to new nations (1776)

Yup. 

Hey Mike. Remember back in school when pretty young girls would egg on their boyfriends to fight? Lol...I've seen that a few times.

This is what happens when you teach revolutionary ideals in the social science department. You prime young minds with disdain for your own nation...your city...your mom and dad...and yourself. Make it "fashionable" to rail against society...and with an air of superiority. Of righteousness. Enter the great SJW.

I know you deplore the "culture war", but tell me...

Who do you see stoking the flames?

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Robo...these are not peaceful protests. These are now illegal and sick.

I disagree with "Zionism". That may well be the only subject you and I agree on. But I would dispute your ideas about the term not being the same as saying "n1**er". I would never call a colored person I have any respect for...you know...but I damn-well would for a cloured person who deserved the tag. Thus in that context, the terms are quite similar. They are the product of a person's actions and beliefs.

Thus I have both agreed and disagreed with you in a single paragraph. I'm satisfied...

You?

12 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

We were doing so well at putting bigotry behind us. Why do these campuses in America look like 1963 Alabama? Why arent the cities and states (outside of Texas) just letting it happen?

Because bigotry by leftist ethnic minorities is far more socially acceptable and less politically incorrect than caucasian rightwing white supremacists.

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Because bigotry by leftist ethnic minorities is far more socially acceptable and less politically incorrect than caucasian rightwing white supremacists.

I can agree with this if it means "if a leftist non-white individual says something hateful, white people are less likely to comment on that".  

I don't think I'm aware that there are large numbers of such folks.  The ones I have seen are academic types.  

And "leftist" here means identitarian not Marxist-Leninist, Maoist etc.

5 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Either that or Libbies are simply lyin' hypocrites. One or the other, eh?

14 hours ago, herbie said:

Lol...you sure are a silly person.

21 hours ago, robosmith said:

This is what happens when woke a$$holes overstep their bounds, robomarx. Get used to it. 

6 hours ago, herbie said:

That "the left" hates Jews or is antisemetic is the most pathetic attempt at right wing propaganda, sadder as so many of them actually believe it.

It's really gross. Most Jews are Democrats to begin with. 

Rather than imagining that college students suddenly hate Jews, perhaps it's worth considering that their consciences are shocked and appalled at the idea of 13,000 Palestinian children killed?

Can you even imagine what a massive pile of bodies that would be? Like a small mountain. I mean, they're just children, with tiny little bodies,so a somewhat smaller pile, but still. 

I think "conservatives" will judge these students for their empathy, because the judgers lack it altogether. 

On 4/30/2024 at 2:22 PM, gatomontes99 said:

Weird. Because the lwnj Mika Brzezinski says otherwise:

Mika Brzezinski Declares Pro-Palestinian College Protests ‘Look Like January 6’

Problem with that FALSE EQUIVALENCE is there is NO EC VOTE CERTIFICATION to disrupt at Columbia, so it is NOT COVERED by the same law.

Do you really not understand the difference? Or just imagine that Mika is always right? LMAO

On 4/30/2024 at 2:34 PM, Nationalist said:

Robo...these are not peaceful protests. These are now illegal and sick.

The UCLA protests were allowed for a week before they BECAME ILLEGAL due to counter-protesters showing up and picking FIGHTS.

On 4/30/2024 at 2:34 PM, Nationalist said:

I disagree with "Zionism". That may well be the only subject you and I agree on. But I would dispute your ideas about the term not being the same as saying "n1**er". I would never call a colored person I have any respect for...you know...but I damn-well would for a cloured person who deserved the tag. Thus in that context, the terms are quite similar. They are the product of a person's actions and beliefs.

Thus I have both agreed and disagreed with you in a single paragraph. I'm satisfied...

You?

Your interpretation of the word is very different from most occupants of the Southern US. To many down there, ANYONE with black skin qualifies for that derogation. Every heard of the one drop rule? I believe that is mostly anachronistic these days.

Edited by robosmith

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Problem with that FALSE EQUIVALENCE is there is NO EC VOTE CERTIFICATION to disrupt at Columbia, so it is NOT COVERED by the same law.

Do you really not understand the difference? Or just imagine that Mika is always right? LMAO

No one said they were doing any such thing. She's saying that the violence is similar.

Edited by gatomontes99

36 minutes ago, gatomontes99 said:

No one said they were doing any such thing. She's saying that the violence is similar.

But it's NOT. No gallows were erected. No one was threatening to pull anyone's hair out, nor hang anyone at Columbia.

They broke a couple of small windows, and didn't break down any doors. No cops were assaulted. Not even "similar."

Mika has fooled YOU.