Muslim Rage Over Cartoon

sharkman

...we all know that all these groups have very emotional and reactionary members that are not to smart and do not see the big picture..who react without thinking because of limited thinking ability - pissing off a stupid person and having him react violently is simply stupid in itself.

Eureka!.... that's the answer!!

All we have to do is really really really piss them off, then shoot 'em when they act out....like in Zombieland.

How about a cartoon contest for best depiction of Allah?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what kind of reaction we would see if the Holocaust cartoons from the Holocaust cartoon contest were published in the mainstream media.

I doubt we would ever see the reactions since they would never be published.

Personally, I was expecting a bunch of anti-semite cartoons when I first heard about the cartoons, but majority of the ones I saw were political cartoons criticizing Israel's treatment of Palestinians and drawing parallel between the Nazis' treatment of the Jews to the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians.

Edited by naomiglover

I wonder what kind of reaction we would see if the Holocaust cartoons from the Holocaust cartoon contest were published in the mainstream media.

I doubt we would ever see the reactions since they would never be published.

Personally, I was expecting a bunch of anti-semite cartoons when I first heard about the cartoons, but majority of the ones I saw were political cartoons criticizing Israel's treatment of Palestinians and drawing parallel between the Nazis' treatment of the Jews to the Israelis' treatment of the Palestinians.

HERE are a few that were published.

...still waiting for all those Jewish suicide bomber attacks.

The media just doesn't report them. Nor that Lady Theresa died blowing herself up at a soup kitchen.

These are some from the Holocaust Cartoon Contest. Holocaust denial (of which naiomiglover turns out to be one) is the main theme. No wonder they didn't bother her.

http://www.irancartoon.com/120/holocaust/

You keep accusing me of denying the holocaust even though I have never denied it. Why do you lie? I will report you for defamation.

The one that won first prize is very well done. It shows the ironic behaviour of a victimized group, victimizing another group:

http://www.irancartoon.com/120/holocaust/001derkaoui-abdellah-Morroc.jpg

Edited by naomiglover

You keep accusing me of denying the holocaust even though I have never denied it. Why do you lie? I will report you for defamation.

The one that won first prize is very well done. It shows the ironic behaviour of a victimized group, victimizing another group:

http://www.irancartoon.com/120/holocaust/001derkaoui-abdellah-Morroc.jpg

The irony, of course, lost on you, being that the wall the Israel's built is to keep people from attacking them, mostly, from murdering defenseless civilians.

None of the cartoons mocked or ridiculed Islam. The worst was that rather timely note about Islam's growing association with bombing.

There have been many anti-Semitic works reproduced over the years, and the Jews haven't murdered any of the authors. Likewise,there have been many blasphemous works, plays and movies which have openly mocked Christianity but no one has tried to murder the authors.

You keep accusing me of denying the holocaust even though I have never denied it.

13th SS Handshar Division (wasn't created)

The Grand Mufti (didn't join the Nazis)

Hungarian Jews (were not sent to Auschwitz at his whim)

This despite historical evidence of these things actually happening.

I don't "hate" Islam. I think the Islamic world is backwards and violent. I have made that judgement on them, as a group, based upon many years of accumulated behaviour and without regards to any presumed race, creed or colour.

Your defense of them, however, is entirely based on their presumed race and colour. Your bigotry, in other words, is patently obvious.

If you say so it must be true.

• 2 years later...

You want complete tolerance for anything that is expressed through the media. Sounds fine but there are people who don't want that. And some of them, are your employers. I could list numerous cases where someone published something deemed morally unacceptable among the general public. I'm not going to bother, you all should be smart enough to know what I mean. every society has its own holy grails and its when we reach out to intentionally insult those, in the guise of comedy, entertainment, whatever we're just stepping on other peoples toes, and we should not be startled if there is backlash.

You want complete tolerance for anything that is expressed through the media. Sounds fine but there are people who don't want that. And some of them, are your employers. I could list numerous cases where someone published something deemed morally unacceptable among the general public. I'm not going to bother, you all should be smart enough to know what I mean. every society has its own holy grails and its when we reach out to intentionally insult those, in the guise of comedy, entertainment, whatever we're just stepping on other peoples toes, and we should not be startled if there is backlash.

In other words, you're engaging in apologism for murder and terrorism from Islamists allegedly in response to an obscure YouTube film trailer by describing it as "backlash". In a free and civilised society, "backlash" doesn't include murder and storming of embassies. We don't have any "holy grails" that compel us to engage in such behaviour as "backlash" when freedom of speech is exercised, contrary to your false assertion.

In other words, you're engaging in apologism for murder and terrorism from Islamists allegedly in response to an obscure YouTube film trailer by describing it as "backlash". In a free and civilised society, "backlash" doesn't include murder and storming of embassies. We don't have any "holy grails" that compel us to engage in such behaviour as "backlash" when freedom of speech is exercised, contrary to your false assertion.

We have our terrorists. And we commit, our own terrorism. But that's beside the point. I make no aologies for anyones violence.

We have our terrorists. And we commit, our own terrorism. But that's beside the point. I make no aologies for anyones violence.

You clearly asserted that there is some parallel between the responses in our societies towards certain "holy grails" and those in Muslim societies. There isn't. We don't murder diplomats and storm embassies when people express unpopular opinions. Your comment, whether or not you realise it, amounts to apologism for murderous responses to freedom of expression and speech.