Verified pro-Nazi X accounts flourish under Elon Musk

Elon Musk’s X is a thriving hub for Nazi support and propaganda, with paid subscribers sharing speeches by Adolf Hitler or content praising his genocidal regime.

NBC News found that at least 150 paid “Premium” subscriber X accounts and thousands of unpaid accounts have posted or amplified pro-Nazi content on X in recent months, often in apparent violation of X’s rules. The paid accounts posting the content all consistently posted antisemitic or pro-Nazi material. Examples included praise of Nazi soldiers, sharing of Nazi symbols and denials of the Holocaust.

The pro-Nazi content is not confined to the fringes of the platform. During one seven-day period in March, seven of the most widely shared pro-Nazi posts on X accrued 4.5 million views in total. One post with 1.9 million views promoted a false and long-debunked conspiracy theory that 6 million Jews did not die in the Holocaust. More than 5,300 verified and unverified accounts reshared that post, and other popular posts were reshared hundreds of times apiece. 

I wonder how long it will take for Germany to BAN X or if Musk cares.

34 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I wonder how long it will take for Germany to BAN X or if Musk cares.

Before coming here, I was a regular on liberalforum.org and liberalforum.net (mostly the same cast of characters). There was a surprising number of posters who were outspoken, self-identified white supremacists who would go on day after day about how Hitler was such a great guy just misunderstood. 

don't shoot the messenger. If you want to see it.. just go on over to liberalforum.net. 

Remember this lie?

Advertisers are returning to Twitter after Linda Yaccarino calmed fears over content moderation. But now brands like Disney, Microsoft, and the NBA have ads placed next to neo-Nazi propaganda.

It was a lie because the people that made this happen signed up and followed a bunch of white supremacist and then kept refreshing the page until the ads appeared.

In the lawsuit filed in a US district court in Texas, X claimed Media Matters “manipulated” the social media platform by using accounts that exclusively followed accounts for major brands or users known to produce fringe content and “resorted to endlessly scrolling and refreshing” the feed until it found ads next to extremist posts.

I would not be surprised if they also created a bunch of accounts just to say look at all these accounts.

Even if they didn't, so what? People have opinions you don't like. Hell, I don't like liberal opinions. Should I be able to demand that X blocks and bans all liberal opinions? Of course not.

The proper policy is to allow all opinions. Statements that threaten or call for violence against individuals or groups should be moderated and reported to law enforcement.

If you, rightly, don't like Nazis, you have two options. You can either debate them or you can ignore them.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the majority of people who are reading/loving Hitler's screed are muslims. Mein Kampf was never banned in the ME and has always been popular there. 

Hitler is old news, anyways. There's a new breed of hate-mongers who are just as bad:

Joe22Adolf22Biden.thumb.png.bfa5ed1e302079699570d22fa66237ca.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Keep in mind that the majority of people who are reading/loving Hitler's screed are muslims. Mein Kampf was never banned in the ME and has always been popular there. 

Hitler is old news, anyways. There's a new breed of hate-mongers who are just as bad:

That picture is so perfect that it feels intentional.

Everyone knows that democrats are just bursting inside to unleash their true selves on society. 

• Like 1

The problem with free speech is that someone might say something you don't like,

Accepting that free speech is necessary and desirable in a free and democratic society means accepting that and not looking at it as a bad thing.

The commies in 1920's used violence and intimidation to attempt to deplatform and repress nazi speech. But that only made the nazi's stronger.  "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

You don't fight nazi or white supremicist ideas by burying them,  You do it by exposing them to sunlight. Then you can present your own thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Mein Kampf isn't banned in Canada or the US either.

Edited by Aristides

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

The problem with free speech is that someone might say something you don't like,

Accepting that free speech is necessary and desirable in a free and democratic society means accepting that and not looking at it as a bad thing.

The commies in 1920's used violence and intimidation to attempt to deplatform and repress nazi speech. But that only made the nazi's stronger.  "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

You don't fight nazi or white supremicist ideas by burying them,  You do it by exposing them to sunlight. Then you can present your own thoughts.

Good point. Fox.

May I add 1 more thing?

"You don't fight nazi or ANY RACIAL SUPREMACIST ideas by burying them."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gatomontes99 said:

Even if they didn't, so what? People have opinions you don't like. Hell, I don't like liberal opinions. Should I be able to demand that X blocks and bans all liberal opinions? Of course not.

Nobody is "demanding" that X do anything to anyone. Brands are simply voting with their advertising dollars. Welcome to the free market!

If X wants those dollars they need to create a platform that is brand-friendly, and that means reinstating the content moderation that Musk foolishly gutted. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Nobody is "demanding" that X do anything to anyone. Brands are simply voting with their advertising dollars. Welcome to the free market!

If X wants those dollars they need to create a platform that is brand-friendly, and that means reinstating the content moderation that Musk foolishly gutted. 

I think Musk wants freedom of speech, not the filth that was policing Twitter before he took over. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Mein Kampf isn't banned in Canada or the US either.

True. I read it from cover to cover. That being said.. it is a very hard read. Hitler is not a good writer. So incredibly disjointed and circuitous. However, a few nuggets do come out of it. First, he did not care in the least about economics or economic theory. On four distinct occasions, he details how he finds economic theory to be noise and designed to get us away from the true goals in life. 

35 minutes ago, Hodad said:

It is no wonder that the number of registered users has declined and the number of users who regularly post is down as well. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

No. These fine Jew haters.

Are you so CONFUSED that you've mistaken the ACTIONS of the Israeli GOVERNMENT with Jews in general?

Do you NOT UNDERSTAND that the vast majority of Jews in Israel BLAME NETANYAHU for the success of the Hamas attack.

Clearly the answer to both is YES.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump is reviving Hitler's SPIRIT with his use of Hitler's LANGUAGE.

2 hours ago, Deluge said:

That picture is so perfect that it feels intentional.

Everyone knows that democrats are just bursting inside to unleash their true selves on society. 

OTH, Trump is outright STATING those are HIS PLANS. Duh

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Good point. Fox.

May I add 1 more thing?

"You don't fight nazi or ANY RACIAL SUPREMACIST ideas by burying them."

Germany disagrees. They have LEARNED FROM EXPERIENCE.

3 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I'm defending Free Speech. You're the c*nt who wants woke fascists back in power. 

Get over yourself, Adolph. 

"woke fascists" is an OXYMORON, Ahole.

Woke is pro-democracy and fascists (like Trump) are pro-dictatorship. Duh 

free speech does not mean free from consequences. Fine... tell the world that you think Hitler was correct. If the world does not agree with you then you have to deal with that. A lot of folks confuse being accepted with free speech. Just because the world does not agree with what you said does not mean that you were barred from voicing that unpopular opinion. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

"woke fascists" is an OXYMORON, Ahole.

Woke is pro-democracy and fascists (like Trump) are pro-dictatorship. Duh 

Wrong again, shithead. 

"Woke" is everything left, including fascism. It's redundant, if anything.