Poilievre plans to move non-confidence motion in Trudeau, despite Liberal-NDP deal

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Tell you what  - we'll see who's right next election. I bet pp wins with a very strong majority WITHOUT listening to you

Have I ever said Pierre Polilieve is not going to be appointed Prime Minister after the next election? I stand by my prediction that he will have a super majority on a Diefenbaker scale.

In reading more about Mr. Poilievre, and a lengthy conversation with my MP, I have come to see more signs of his conservatism and loyalty, and that is encouraging. I live in hope that he will give short shrift to the republicans in the CPC. As to the questions around his veracity, we will know in about 3 years.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

When I bring up the question of Mr. Poilievre's honesty, I don't mean to infer making false promises is a detriment to electoral success. In 1980, Pierre Trudeau promised to twin the railroad from sea to sea. Stephen Harper lied about the income trust issue and stood up in Regina and bald-faced lied about equalization agreements with Saskatchewan. 

Joe Clark went on the campaign trail in 1979 promising to privatize PetroCanada, move the Canadian embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and pay off the deficit left by Trudeau and Turner. As soon as he was appointed to lead a minority government, he set about keeping his promises, so the electorate defeated him. Joe Clark is the only guy who ever defeated a Trudeau, and he was brought down by Social Credit. He was defeated because he was an honest politician.

So, Pierre Polilevre doesn't need to concern himself with the accuracy of his debunked claims about the carbon tax. He will win his super majority in just a few short months and nobody will care if he lied or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The exersise I set was for you to explain why an undecided voter should consider voting for the CPC.

I don't do "exercises" for you dipshit. You have already demonstrated you don't really understand poltiics and you very clearly have nothing useful to teach anyone.

And we ALREADY HAVE wooed the undecided voters.  Mission accomplished. People INCLUDING NDP supporters are flocking to us.   We beat that exercise already and will continue to do so.

Funny thing - the actual 'Undecided' vote is usually around 20 percent (and almost always winds up splitting along the same lines as the decided voters in the end).   Right now for most of these polls it's a lot closer to 10 percent.

Right now listening to you is like listening to some kid saying to bill gates "let me tell you how to build a successful tech company".

The conservatives have always had a stronger ground team than the libs anyway. The libs have had the media and ontario and quebec - when they lost quebec and ontario became more of a fight they started to lose elections. And with the west slowly gaining seats over time it's become very hard for the libs to win a majority.

Don't worry about the cpc. We've already won the hearts and minds - we just need to get the vote out. And we know how to do that.

55 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

When I bring up the question of Mr. Poilievre's honesty, I don't mean to infer making false promises is a detriment to electoral success.

For liberals it's practically a requirement.  You won't vote for someone who doesn't lie.

Harper didn't lie. Harper made a mistake about income trusts. He thought he could get rid of them then discovered there was more to it when he actually got his hands on the books.

And he stood up and owned it. "hey - i screwed this up. i was wrong. I'm very sorry but i can't keep my promise".   And that happens.

Chretien however - promised to scrap gst - KNOWING he couldn't.  Never tried never appoogized.  Same with free trade - tried to harness the pubic anger and then kept it. Kyoto - signed a deal and did nothing and later was quoted after he left office saying about climate change "you always promise but you never do anything".

Polievre is telling the cast iron truth about carbon tax and thats not hard to verify if you're not a liberal hack. The PBO did.

He will have to be careful about how he keeps his promise but he can and will do so and if he does it right things will indeed get cheaper or at the very least  hit zero inflation for a while.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Don't worry about the cpc. We've already won the hearts and minds - we just need to get the vote out. And we know how to do that.

I am happy for you. I am sure you have a better idea of how solid the CPC vote is than Fred Delorey. 

However, just as I defer to the expertise of Doug and Army Guy in military matters, I should defer to your political expertise.

I wonder if Mr. Poilievre would do even better without your help. But that's just me. I am disappointed you didn't feel confident enough to explain CPC's policies. Pehaps I missed it in all the silly hyperbole. 

Happy Easter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

When I bring up the question of Mr. Poilievre's honesty, I don't mean to infer making false promises is a detriment to electoral success. In 1980, Pierre Trudeau promised to twin the railroad from sea to sea. Stephen Harper lied about the income trust issue and stood up in Regina and bald-faced lied about equalization agreements with Saskatchewan. 

Joe Clark went on the campaign trail in 1979 promising to privatize PetroCanada, move the Canadian embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and pay off the deficit left by Trudeau and Turner. As soon as he was appointed to lead a minority government, he set about keeping his promises, so the electorate defeated him. Joe Clark is the only guy who ever defeated a Trudeau, and he was brought down by Social Credit. He was defeated because he was an honest politician.

So, Pierre Polilevre doesn't need to concern himself with the accuracy of his debunked claims about the carbon tax. He will win his super majority in just a few short months and nobody will care if he lied or not.

What's your point ?

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am happy for you.

That strikes me as very unlikely.  If other people's well being was of importance to you then you wouldn't be a liberal in the first place.

I am sure you have a better idea of how solid the CPC vote is than Fred Delorey. 

Sure. I'm familiar with him and his work going all the way back to the NFA days. - I absolutely do have a better idea than he does as a rule.  I like Fred, he's a good guy and he did lay out a good plan but he has trouble with the 'big picture' view of campaigns and issues. And he had a bad candidate. Took off out of the gate, stalled on the gun flip flop, had nothing in the tank for the back half.  :)   Campaigning is not easy and i don't think o'toole really had the skill set.

just as I defer to the expertise of Doug and Army Guy in military matters, I should defer to your political expertise.

I really don't care what you do, with military OR political expertise. but i do know my stuff and it's relatively clear you don't.

I wonder if Mr. Poilievre would do even better without your help

Awwww - you lefties are so cute when you try to be all passive agressive :)

But that's just me. I am disappointed you didn't feel confident enough to explain CPC's policies. Pehaps I missed it in all the silly hyperbole. 

It's more likely you're a bit of a  dishonest 1diot.

Happy Easter.

Well you're dressed for it - you've got egg on your face.

• Haha 1

Poilievre cannot be considered as prime minister because he is cruel, he never asked for a cease fire in gaza. He doesn't look cruel but also Satan. I would be afraid of getting an atomic bomb to the head with him as Prime Minister. He is corrupted i put the link about it the other day, he is worse than Trudeau. Haïti is not the most corrupted country in the world, it is The United States and Canada.

3 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Poilievre cannot be considered as prime minister because he is cruel, he never asked for a cease fire in gaza. He doesn't look cruel but also Satan. I would be afraid of getting an atomic bomb to the head with him as Prime Minister. He is corrupted i put the link about it the other day, he is worse than Trudeau. Haïti is not the most corrupted country in the world, it is The United States and Canada.

Death to Gaza. Go Pierre!  :P 

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Death to Gaza. Go Pierre!  :P 

Jesus says this: Mt 7.15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them

Poilievre or the conservatives never asked for a cease fire in Gaza, here are what you will get from them, bad fruits because they are bad people:

16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

29 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Jesus says this: Mt 7.15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them

Poilievre or the conservatives never asked for a cease fire in Gaza, here are what you will get from them, bad fruits because they are bad people:

16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Whoa there...are you channelling blackturd??? LOL

Hopefully Liberals will keep doing what they are doing and keep Trudeau in the window.  His unpopularity has given PP and the Conservatives the huge lead they have now.  Liberals are keeping Trudeau in the main window to make continuous pitches to young people which is not selling.  As long as Liberals keep doing what they are doing and CPC does not make a major stumble, PP and CPC will make a smashing win.  Time to turn the disastrous policies of Liberals around to put Canada on the path to recovery.   Smash the tax, spike the hike, and jail, not bail.

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Jesus says this::

Jesus says "M0rons who start wars by slaughtering civilians and burning women and children should get shot. Men and women who stand in front of them protecting them should get shot first. If they don't want to get shot they should surrender.

I seem to remember god turning entire cities of people into salt for their unforgivable sins. Maybe gaza needs a little salt.

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Jesus says "M0rons who start wars by slaughtering civilians and burning women and children should get shot. 

Jésus didn't say that but you said that, then according to you Israeliis should happen what you said of palestinians because they started the war. And Poilievre is corrupted i put the link the other day remember?

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Jésus didn't say that

Sure he did. Prove me wrong.

2 hours ago, Gaétan said:

then according to you Israeliis should happen what you said of palestinians because they started the war.

Aside from the fact that is painfully difficult to understand, Gaza started the war on oct 7 and should surrender or die.  Jesus said so.

On 3/29/2024 at 4:03 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

What's your point ?

Voters don't base their vote on the honesty of a politician. Mr. Poilievre will win a super majority and will then back track on everything he promised. 

EDIT: I should not have said that. What I mean to say is Mr. Poilievre will win a super majority and keep all of his promises and be Prime Minister for 30 years.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Voters don't base their vote on the honesty of a politician. Mr. Poilievre will win a super majority and will then back track on everything he promised.

You're saying You think he'll cross the floor to the liberals?!?!   :) 

Sorry but that's just childish. Liberal voters tolerate corruption and out and out lies. In fact they demand it.

But Conservative voters don't tolerate that at all.  They have and will wipe their own party off the face of the political map rather than tolerate it.  They've done that federally and provincially.  Ask Erin O'toole about it - HE thought he could run on promises and then break his word and where is he now.

Conservative voters will tolerate a VERY TINY amount of mistakes and backtracking but that's it. And they demand results, it's not good enough to say 'i tried', you better have tried DAMN hard.

You're just used to thinking like a liberal so you don't see it, but yeah - other parties aren't like you.  Even the ndp isn't like you provincially.

EDIT: I should not have said that. What I mean to say is Mr. Poilievre will win a super majority and keep all of his promises and be Prime Minister for 30 years.

Oh look. The liberal is lying.' Imagine.

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You just keep thinking that. :D

I will - i'd hate to disregard fact and logic :)

One thing that even his enemies said about harper was that he kept his word - whether you wanted him to or not :) 

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I will - i'd hate to disregard fact and logic :)

One thing that even his enemies said about harper was that he kept his word - whether you wanted him to or not :) 

Not always. He outright lied about the promised equalization deal with Saskatchewan. But, as I say, the Prime Minister who tried to keep his promises was betrayed, not by Liberals, but by Social Credit/Reform. You know, the Real Caouette lot. Voters reward liars, not politicians with integrity.

Do you think Mr. Poilevre will introduce Major Douglas idea of dividend cheques to address affordability?

Edited by Queenmandy85
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Not always. He outright lied about the promised equalization deal with Saskatchewan.

No he didn't.  I get how a staunch liberal like yourself would prefer to characterize it like that but no.

The best you could accuse him of is not knowing all the facts before he made a promise.  That goes for income trusts and equalization and a few others as well - such as allowing provinces to put names forward for the senate which got shot down by the courts (which was bullshit).

I don't think there's any doubt he really did want to keep income trusts and wanted to keep his promise on going back to the old system for transfers but he got in and found he couldn't. That's not a lie - that's just overpromising.

Harper had very little experience being in govt before becoming prime minister. He made promises he woudn't be able to keep later as a result. That's not a lie - that's incompetence.  And that's fair critisizm for his first "term" - 2006 - 2008 highlighted many examples of where he lacked the knowledge to be superb at his job. He did well with money but he was new at much of this.

From 2008 on his competence was much stronger.

So no - not a lie. Sorry.

But, as I say, the Prime Minister who tried to keep his promises was betrayed, not by Liberals, but by Social Credit/Reform. You know, the Real Caouette lot. Voters reward liars, not politicians with integrity.

Nope. Sorry - you got it backwards. The reform was born from the PC's betrayal of voters, not the other way around . The west wanted in - the west demanded to be let in - the pc's did not want the west in - the west destroyed them.

But i love your efforts at revisionist history ;)

Do you think Mr. Poilevre will introduce Major Douglas idea of dividend cheques to address affordability?

I think he's been pretty clear what he'll do. Cut wasteful spending, reduce immigration to levels we can cope with and go after red tape and excssive regulation both federally and provincially.

I believe he will also look at ways to attract as much business to Canada as possible - which the libs and the left have driven away. I can only guess to the rest but  i suspect we'll see changes in tax breaks for investment that prioritizes efficiency and other programs designed to inspire home building and investment in key sectors such as tech and energy.

That's all we really need. This isn't rocket science.  Convince the market it's safe to do business here again and not be stupid with money or immigration.

15 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sure he did. Prove me wrong.

Aside from the fact that is painfully difficult to understand, Gaza started the war on oct 7 and should surrender or die.  Jesus said so.

The war didn't started on october 7th but when israelis took the houses of palestinians in the fifties

It is refreshing to see such niave innocence. Reform was the creation of Preston Manning, a sacred. Who was his political hero? Was it Sir John A., the father of the Conservative Party? No, his hero was the American President Lincoln, a republican and an enemy of Canada. But that is all history. 

My hope is that when Mr. Poilievre is appointed, he will curtail immigration and repeal the restriction on the sale and transfer of hand guns. As it stands now, I will likely be voting for my CPC MP. He is an excellent Member. 

Mr. Poilevre gives out a lot of mixed messages. He has been in cabinet and so must understand the pressures he is going to have to deal with.  He is giving the impression that he will reduce the deficit and taxes at the same time. That is a contradiction. Reducing red tape is a great sound bite, but those rules were put in to prevent wasting money. They are talking about reducing red tape to get more housing built. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy a new house built in a rush with reduced regulations. I remember the leaky condos in the lower mainland. 

The war is not going to go away and the aftermath of the pandemic will be with us for a while longer. Healthcare and education are both under funded. I won't even mention the funding of DND. 

The problem regarding "affordability" is a mystery to me. During the lockdown, a lot of people found their savings growing. They had nothing to spend their surplus money on with everything shut down. A lot of people suffered as well, but what happened to those savings? When the lockdown ended, passport offices and airports were swamped. The airlines couldn't keep up. So rather than buying GIC's to have a cushion against the predictable economic turmoil that comes after every plague event since the Emporer Justinian, and the preparations for war by the Moscow taxi driver, people with savings took all that money and blew it. They just threw it all away to foreigners. That is a recipe for inflation. It was the most irrational thing they could do with their money. For the last ten years, the Bank of Canada and the governments have been warning that interest rates were going to recover to a normal rate and we should prepare. Rather than taking their money to help out poor destitute billionaire Americans and Mexican casino owners, Canadians could be getting 5% interest on that money they should have invested.

Pierre is facing quite a dilemma. His error in saying the carbon tax is costly to average Canadians and the incorrect message that it is not effective, means he will have to replace it regardless of the negative impact. As Scott Moe said last week, while he is against the carbon tax, all the alteratives are much more expensive.

Either PP will have to raise taxes or cut services. He will likely have to do both if he wants to reduce the deficit. No matter what does, he is going to lose support. The more he does, the faster his support will melt away.

My advise to Pierre is, to relish his position as Opposition Leader because it is all down hill the moment he is appointed. 

16 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

The war didn't started on october 7th but when israelis took the houses of palestinians in the fifties

The United Nations gave that land to the Israelis. Blame the UN. They should have placed Israel in Oregon, not Palestine. The alternative could be for the UN to move Palistine to Oregon.