Jump to content

Trump's claims of a migrant crime wave are not supported by national data


Recommended Posts

Trump's claims of a migrant crime wave are not supported by national data

Quote

When Donald Trump speaks at the southern border in Texas on Thursday, you can expect to hear him talk about ‘migrant crime,’ a category he has coined and defined as a terrifying binge of criminal activity committed by undocumented immigrants spreading across the country.

But despite the former president’s campaign rhetoric, expert analysis and available data from major-city police departments show that despite several horrifying high-profile incidents, there is no evidence of a migrant-driven crime wave in the United States. 

Of course, FACTS don't matter to the MAGA CULT, cause they believe ONLY Trump's LIES.
 

border.png
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Deluge said:

A crime is committed every time someone crosses the border illegally. 

Trump is right, and the left is wrong ... again. 

Not when they surrender to the BP and apply for ASYLUM which is their RIGHT under THE LAW.

Once released pending hearing by the judge, they are here LEGALLY. Duh

You wishing the law does not allow that is not going to change the LAW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Not when they surrender to the BP. 

I said ILLEGALLY. That means border crossers who do NOT report to anyone but friends and relatives to help them hide from immigration officials. 

Trump is right, and the left is wrong ... again. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I said ILLEGALLY. That means border crossers who do NOT report to anyone but friends and relatives to help them hide from immigration officials. 

Trump is right, and the left is wrong ... again. 

Of course, you have NO EVIDENCE that is more than a small fraction of immigrants. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Of course, you have NO EVIDENCE that is more than a small fraction of immigrants. 

And you have no evidence to the contrary, so we have to ask ourselves, who among all these river crossers has the nearest immigrations office as item one on their to-do list? 

Now, if you're an honest person you'll say not very many. But you and I both know that you are not a very honest person, right robo? 

Edited by Deluge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Deluge said:

And you have no evidence to the contrary, so we have to ask ourselves, who among all these river crossers has the nearest immigrations office as item one on their to-do list? 

Now, if you're an honest person you'll say not very many. But you and I both know that you are not a very honest person, right robo? 

We know that your ASSUMPTIONS of DISHONESTY are purely a projection of your own DISHONESTY.

IN FACT, I have seen many reports, like the one shown on 60 Minutes recently, that the first thing most immigrants do is seek BP officers and surrender to them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

We know that your ASSUMPTIONS of DISHONESTY are purely a projection of your own DISHONESTY.

IN FACT, I have seen many reports, like the one shown on 60 Minutes recently, that the first thing most immigrants do is seek BP officers and surrender to them.

 

Look, I get that breaking the law to obey the law makes perfect sense to a braindead cultist like you, but that is not the LEGAL way to do it, nor does it prove they will follow through with their intentions to report to immigrations. In fact, entering the country ILLEGALLY only suggests that they will NOT follow through. 

They all poured through "unchecked" which means even 60 minutes understands they were doing it wrong. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Look, I get that breaking the law to obey the law makes perfect sense to a braindead cultist like you, but that is not the LEGAL way to do it, nor does it prove they will follow through with their intentions to report to immigrations. In fact, entering the country ILLEGALLY only suggests that they will NOT follow through. 

They all poured through "unchecked" which means even 60 minutes understands they were doing it wrong. 

IF it was "illegal," JUDGES would not be releasing them pending HEARINGS. Duh

Sorry, but US Federal judges know the LAW and YOU DON'T.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, robosmith said:

IF it was "illegal," JUDGES would not be releasing them pending HEARINGS. Duh

Sorry, but US Federal judges know the LAW and YOU DON'T.

That's a good one, robowoke. You're right; JUDGES ARE releasing them, and that means the JUDGES think border enforcement is racist and that it needs to go away.

So what does that tell you about the judges? 

Wrong. 

It tells you that they are activist scumbags and that they need to be REMOVED. It's just one more action item that needs to be addressed when the rightful President returns to the White House. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Deluge said:

That's a good one, robowoke. You're right; JUDGES ARE releasing them, and that means the JUDGES think border enforcement is racist and that it needs to go away.

So what does that tell you about the judges? 

Wrong. 

It tells you that they are activist scumbags and that they need to be REMOVED. It's just one more action item that needs to be addressed when the rightful President returns to the White House. 

YOU STILL CANNOT CITE ANY LAW which supports ^these OPINIONS.

Your narcissism is your HUGE EMBARRASSMENT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha yes, the rabid left are panicking. Robo's futile attempt(s) to sway simple minds into his cockamamie beliefs.

Hey Robo you need to get out to the rub-a-dub and get brahms and liszt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is just sealioning right from the known liars NBC.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows about the free money, sanctuary cities, busloads arriving at the border, caravans, etc, etc. 

They're just saying: "Prove it again or it doesn't exist. Nyah!"

Not even robo is stupid enough to believe what he wrote, he's just the messenger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

This is just sealioning right from the known liars NBC.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows about the free money, sanctuary cities, busloads arriving at the border, caravans, etc, etc. 

They're just saying: "Prove it again or it doesn't exist. Nyah!"

Not even robo is stupid enough to believe what he wrote, he's just the messenger. 

Well, as long as you're "pretty sure."

NO PROOF has been presented HERE of a migrant crime wave.

A few instances reported on FOS LIES does not make a "wave." Duh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would challenge those who do not believe the title of the thread to show us their own analysis with true raw data to disprove it. This does not mean cherry picking the internet for affirmation. Lets see some actual data analysis. As to what numerical threshold constitutes a wave.. no one can actually say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I would challenge those who do not believe the title of the thread to show us their own analysis with true raw data to disprove it. This does not mean cherry picking the internet for affirmation. Lets see some actual data analysis. As to what numerical threshold constitutes a wave.. no one can actually say. 

I would say a 20% increase sustained for a few months would constitute a wave.

Of course, that would not include the crimes of TX, FL and AZ conning immigrants into boarding busses or jets to ship them to other states.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I would challenge those who do not believe the title of the thread to show us their own analysis with true raw data to disprove it. This does not mean cherry picking the internet for affirmation. Lets see some actual data analysis. As to what numerical threshold constitutes a wave.. no one can actually say. 

I wouldn't call it a "wave" but here some statistics from Just Texas. The only state to have compiled a record.

Between June 1, 2011, and February 29, 2024, these 301,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 517,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 960 homicide charges; 65,369 assault charges; 9,383 burglary charges; 60,675 drug charges; 1162 kidnapping charges; 26,030 theft charges; 40,320 obstructing police charges; 2,978 robbery charges; 6,543 sexual assault charges; 7,547 sexual offense charges; and 6,320 weapon charges.  DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 189,000 convictions including 471 homicide convictions; 23,711 assault convictions; 4,710 burglary convictions; 25,210 drug convictions; 331 kidnapping convictions; 9,765 theft convictions; 15,826 obstructing police convictions; 1,651 robbery convictions; 3,081 sexual assault convictions; 3,431 sexual offense convictions; and 2,045 weapon convictions.

The information here....

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/crime-records/texas-criminal-illegal-alien-data

Now extrapolate that data to include the other border states. There is definitely a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Legato said:

I wouldn't call it a "wave" but here some statistics from Just Texas. The only state to have compiled a record.

Between June 1, 2011, and February 29, 2024, these 301,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 517,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 960 homicide charges; 65,369 assault charges; 9,383 burglary charges; 60,675 drug charges; 1162 kidnapping charges; 26,030 theft charges; 40,320 obstructing police charges; 2,978 robbery charges; 6,543 sexual assault charges; 7,547 sexual offense charges; and 6,320 weapon charges.  DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 189,000 convictions including 471 homicide convictions; 23,711 assault convictions; 4,710 burglary convictions; 25,210 drug convictions; 331 kidnapping convictions; 9,765 theft convictions; 15,826 obstructing police convictions; 1,651 robbery convictions; 3,081 sexual assault convictions; 3,431 sexual offense convictions; and 2,045 weapon convictions.

The information here....

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/crime-records/texas-criminal-illegal-alien-data

Now extrapolate that data to include the other border states. There is definitely a problem.

That's not the "wave" to which Trump referred cause it includes Trump's term, as well as Bush Jr and Obama. 

Now compare that to the NON-IMMIGRANT crime to see if it is SIGNIFICANT.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

Some illegal migrants do commit crimes so it stands to reason that the more illegals that the Biden administration lets in, the more crimes there will be.

In general immigrants commit crimes at a LOWER rate than citizens. Likely because their penalty of deportation is much more severe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

YOU STILL CANNOT CITE ANY LAW which supports ^these OPINIONS.

Under 8 U.S.C. § 1182(a)(6)(A)(i), immigrants are “inadmissible” to the United States, and they are criminally liable under 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a) if they enter the United States at a “place other than as designated” by the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In other words, the only reason that these asylum seekers are considered illegal immigrants is that they have entered the country at a location not designated by Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas.

Now, show me in that 60 Minutes video where that point of entry past the wall is designated for those illegal aliens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

In general immigrants commit crimes at a LOWER rate than citizens. Likely because their penalty of deportation is much more severe.

I think the risk of deportation is pretty low relative to the overall amount of illegals, and even if someone is deported, they can waltz right back in because nothing is stopping them.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/us/cleveland-texas-neighbor-shooting-monday/index.html

I'm not suggesting Biden is not deporting some, it's just that the process seems kind of futile given that the border down south is basically open. Like whack-a-mole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, robosmith said:

In general immigrants commit crimes at a LOWER rate than citizens. Likely because their penalty of deportation is much more severe.

Immigrants or illegal immigrants? Also no matter how low the rate it still adds to our crime numbers that would not of happened if they weren't here.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...