Jump to content

GOP religiously attack IRS because they are in bed with the 1%


Recommended Posts

because most forum ultra "conservatives" are "social conservatives" and completely don't understand that the power base of the GOP simply don't care, or even worse, are far from being "social conservatives". no, actually... politics is all about the money.

the GOP religiously attacks the IRS, lying about 87,000 agents being hired... because the GOP is the party of the rich. and of course, Trump is rich, he only hangs out with rich people and only really respects rich people. in fact, he thinks the poor rural folk that support him are dupes, stupid and, frankly, disgusting.

meanwhile, while he fights government "wokeness", the rich class shovel money into off shore tax schemes, shuffle shell companies etc etc...

GOP attack on IRS funding runs counter to deficit reduction effort

Why Republicans Keep Spreading the ‘87,000 IRS Agents’ Lie

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, godzilla said:

because most forum ultra "conservatives" are "social conservatives" and completely don't understand that the power base of the GOP simply don't care, or even worse, are far from being "social conservatives". no, actually... politics is all about the money.

the GOP religiously attacks the IRS, lying about 87,000 agents being hired... because the GOP is the party of the rich. and of course, Trump is rich, he only hangs out with rich people and only really respects rich people. in fact, he thinks the poor rural folk that support him are dupes, stupid and, frankly, disgusting.

meanwhile, while he fights government "wokeness", the rich class shovel money into off shore tax schemes, shuffle shell companies etc etc...

GOP attack on IRS funding runs counter to deficit reduction effort

Why Republicans Keep Spreading the ‘87,000 IRS Agents’ Lie

govzilla would feel better if the IRS had 870,000 agents. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Deluge said:

govzilla would feel better if the IRS had 870,000 agents. 

Armed to the teeth, don't forget. Biden didn't just want 87K new agents, loyal to him, he wanted to give them weapons. Even fully automatic weapons. 

All this after Obama used the IRS to target conservatives....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

because most forum ultra "conservatives" are "social conservatives" and completely don't understand that the power base of the GOP simply don't care, or even worse, are far from being "social conservatives". no, actually... politics is all about the money.

the GOP religiously attacks the IRS, lying about 87,000 agents being hired... because the GOP is the party of the rich. and of course, Trump is rich, he only hangs out with rich people and only really respects rich people. in fact, he thinks the poor rural folk that support him are dupes, stupid and, frankly, disgusting.

meanwhile, while he fights government "wokeness", the rich class shovel money into off shore tax schemes, shuffle shell companies etc etc...

GOP attack on IRS funding runs counter to deficit reduction effort

Why Republicans Keep Spreading the ‘87,000 IRS Agents’ Lie

A trained monkey repeating tired old tropes ^^^^^^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

A trained monkey repeating tired old tropes ^^^^^^^

Just a person named after a mythical monster perpetuating another myth,

Does he not realise most of the very wealthy people vote Democrat.

A visit to Martha's Vineyard would be in order

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Armed to the teeth, don't forget. Biden didn't just want 87K new agents, loyal to him, he wanted to give them weapons. Even fully automatic weapons. 

All this after Obama used the IRS to target conservatives....

Vivek spoke about wiping those pit vipers completely out. 

God, how would that be???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The IRS is not all that interesting. They mostly follow instructions as prescribed by Congress and such. Yes, they supposedly targeted Conservative groups but a deep dive (which is beyond the skill of all but one on this forum) shows that there is more to the story. The fine print makes the story less John Grisham. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

govzilla would feel better if the IRS had 870,000 agents. 

^DELUGINAL constantly LYING about how others "feel" and what they "believe." 🤮

You should really stick to LYING about what you believe.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Armed to the teeth, don't forget. Biden didn't just want 87K new agents, loyal to him, he wanted to give them weapons. Even fully automatic weapons. 

All this after Obama used the IRS to target conservatives....

No reason to believe ^this BULLSHIT. And Obama NEVER directed the IRS to do ANYTHING.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

The IRS is not all that interesting. They mostly follow instructions as prescribed by Congress and such. Yes, they supposedly targeted Conservative groups but a deep dive (which is beyond the skill of all but one on this forum) shows that there is more to the story. The fine print makes the story less John Grisham. 

Their favorite FOS LIES source never does deep dives, cause it undercuts their and their viewers' prefered narrative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

^DELUGINAL constantly LYING about how others "feel" and what they "believe." 🤮

You should really stick to LYING about what you believe.

I shed light on everything you people stand for, roboshill, and you scatter like rats. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, robosmith said:

Their favorite FOS LIES source never does deep dives, cause it undercuts their and their viewers' prefered narrative.

and deep dives into complicated topics tend to bore folks. At my workplace, we swim in data and use highly complex methods to extract it and such. You want to put someone to sleep.. tell them about how you use Python and SQL to get this data and that data, put them together, and such. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Deluge said:

I shed light on everything you people stand for, roboshill, and you scatter like rats. ;)

No you don't; you LIE about everything to serve your MAGA CULT master. You know, the guy who taught you lying about everything was the Christian thing to do. 🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

and deep dives into complicated topics tend to bore folks. At my workplace, we swim in data and use highly complex methods to extract it and such. You want to put someone to sleep.. tell them about how you use Python and SQL to get this data and that data, put them together, and such. 

I just tell them that I used deep learning (modern AI) for predictive analytics and that works, too.

IF they don't call me a liar cause they don't understand what it means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

I just tell them that I used deep learning (modern AI) for predictive analytics and that works, too.

IF they don't call me a liar cause they don't understand what it means.

most folks prefer opinionated, passionate, adamant over objective, dry, and detailed. Politicians and talking heads know this and use it to their advantage. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, robosmith said:

No you don't; you LIE about everything to serve your MAGA CULT master. You know, the guy who taught you lying about everything was the Christian thing to do. 🤮

There's only one cult in this country, and that's the democrat party. 

Every bad thing that Trump is, the Dems are even worse. That's the only measuring device that's needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, robosmith said:

I just tell them that I used deep learning (modern AI) for predictive analytics and that works, too.

IF they don't call me a liar cause they don't understand what it means.

The AI you use. Take a deep dive into who formulated the algorithms. You will find they were written by the trained monkeys Yakuda talked about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

because most forum ultra "conservatives" are "social conservatives" and completely don't understand that the power base of the GOP simply don't care, or even worse, are far from being "social conservatives". no, actually... politics is all about the money.

the GOP religiously attacks the IRS, lying about 87,000 agents being hired... because the GOP is the party of the rich. and of course, Trump is rich, he only hangs out with rich people and only really respects rich people. in fact, he thinks the poor rural folk that support him are dupes, stupid and, frankly, disgusting.

meanwhile, while he fights government "wokeness", the rich class shovel money into off shore tax schemes, shuffle shell companies etc etc...

GOP attack on IRS funding runs counter to deficit reduction effort

Why Republicans Keep Spreading the ‘87,000 IRS Agents’ Lie

Dude - these little screeds of yours are getting weirder and weirder and less and less coherent.

If you have a legit case to make about something then make it, but you don't help your cause by sounding like a nutbar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, godzilla said:

....the GOP religiously attacks the IRS, lying about 87,000 agents being hired... because the GOP is the party of the rich.

Why Republicans Keep Spreading the ‘87,000 IRS Agents’ Lie

To be sure all political parties protect the super rich.

From the article;

...more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. That means the IRS might net roughly 20,000 to 30,000 more employees from the new funding, enough to restore the tax-collecting agency’s staff to where it was roughly a decade ago

In 2010, after Republicans took control of the House of Representatives, they enacted a series of cuts to the agency. Since then, overall funding to the IRS has dropped by more than 20 percent while enforcement has fallen by 31 percent. That has led to a decline in the agency’s service for average Americans, while also making it easier for both the wealthy and major corporations to avoid paying billions of dollars worth of federal taxes.

How about a simple single page income tax return that was the same for everyone?

How much you made and payment enclosed. There'd be lots of room for progressiveness, and consumption, property and wealth taxes could probably be included on the back page.

Eliminate the complexity of the tax system that makes tax evasion easy and tax preparation/collection so expensive.

The wealth defence industry starts at the top for the top and it needs to be emasculated to the greatest extent possible. Radically simplifying the tax code should in theory do that.

Edited by eyeball
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Legato said:

The AI you use. Take a deep dive into who formulated the algorithms. You will find they were written by the trained monkeys Yakuda talked about.

Really? I know they don't employ "trained monkeys" at Google, or let them into UC Berkeley, so you're JUST TROLLING AGAIN.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

To be sure all political parties protect the super rich.

From the article;

...more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. That means the IRS might net roughly 20,000 to 30,000 more employees from the new funding, enough to restore the tax-collecting agency’s staff to where it was roughly a decade ago

In 2010, after Republicans took control of the House of Representatives, they enacted a series of cuts to the agency. Since then, overall funding to the IRS has dropped by more than 20 percent while enforcement has fallen by 31 percent. That has led to a decline in the agency’s service for average Americans, while also making it easier for both the wealthy and major corporations to avoid paying billions of dollars worth of federal taxes.

How about a simple single page income tax return that was the same for everyone?

How much you made and payment enclosed. There'd be lots of room for progressiveness, and consumption, property and wealth taxes could probably be included on the back page.

Eliminate the complexity of the tax system that makes tax evasion easy and tax preparation/collection so expensive.

The wealth defence industry starts at the top for the top and it needs to be emasculated to the greatest extent possible. Radically simplifying the tax code should in theory do that.

Conservatives have argued for a flat tax for years.  the problem is you're quite wrong, there's no room for 'progressive' tax reforms at all.  the left has always hated the idea.

Just now, robosmith said:

Really? I know they don't employ "trained monkeys" at Google, or let them into UC Berkeley,

But apparently they DO let trained monkeys post on internet forums if you're any example :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

the problem is you're quite wrong, there's no room for 'progressive' tax reforms at all.  the left has always hated the idea.

I meant progressive in the manner that the more you make the more you pay. I am a commie after all.

11 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Conservatives have argued for a flat tax for years. 

As a bulwark in their defence of the 1%.

In any case you don't need a flat tax to achieve a single page tax return, you simply need to eliminate all the loopholes that make rich people look as poor and deserving as poor people on their tax returns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I meant progressive in the manner that the more you make the more you pay. I am a commie after all.

Commies don't think anyone should pay anything - they thing the state should own it all in the first place and give some of what they own to the people as a kind ness :)    Basically socialists and commies like you are the original and still best example of pyramid and ponsi schemes :)  

But it's frequently noted that under that system you propose the poor pay more and the rich pay less so the left normally doesn't like that.
 

Quote

 

As a bulwark in their defence of the 1%.

In any case you don't need a flat tax to achieve a single page tax return, you simply need to eliminate all the loopholes that make rich people look as poor and deserving as poor people on their tax returns.

 

In defense of the 50 percent - that's who pays less under your system. 

And eliminating the loopholes to make tax returns 'single page' would also require eliminating student and educational deductions, deductions for children etc etc etc.  So - again the poorest get hit the hardest.

You're not a terribly clever communist are you? :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Basically socialists and commies like you are the original and still best example of pyramid and ponsi schemes

Yeah but I'm not that kind of socialist or commie. I even owned a corporation once.

35 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But it's frequently noted that under that system you propose the poor pay more and the rich pay less so the left normally doesn't like that.

Where is that frequently noted about flat... progressive, one page tax systems?

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And eliminating the loopholes to make tax returns 'single page' would also require eliminating student and educational deductions, deductions for children etc etc etc.  So - again the poorest get hit the hardest.

So just keep jacking up the taxes progressively on the rich until it hits them the hardest.

42 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You're not a terribly clever communist are you?

A lot cleverer than you if this is the best defence of wealth you have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Yeah but I'm not that kind of socialist or commie. I even owned a corporation once.

I"m sure you seized it for the people.

Quote

Where is that frequently noted about flat... progressive, one page tax systems?

A number of places.  If you'd bothered to try to educate yourself on the issue you'd have noticed,

Quote

So just keep jacking up the taxes progressively on the rich until it hits them the hardest.

Then you don't HAVE a simplified system any more.  You've got the system we have now.  Honestly - do you spend more than 3 seconds thinking about this stuff before you start typing?

Quote

A lot cleverer than you if this is the best defence of wealth you have.

It isn't and you're not. Honestly - financially speaking i've met labradoodles that are better educated and more clever than you.

Seriously - take the time to learn about some of this stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fluffypants went up a rank
      Rising Star
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...