March 1 2024 NANOS POLLING: CPC 42.8%, LPC 23.3%, NDP 21.4%, BQ 6.2%, GPC 4.2%, PPC 1.3%

https://nanos.co/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Political-Package-2024-03-01-FR-tabs.pdf

Pierre Poilievre is the top choice as prime minister and hit a level not reached by any Conservative leader since 2013. Conservatives remain in vote intention drivers seat.
Nik Nanos

Wow. - I keep saying he's got to have topped out for a while but polievre is up again both as preferred pm and in voter support - almost 43 percent. Thats insane.

the libs and the dips are within the margin of error of each other and both are dropping rapidly in the leadership catagory.

Poor mad max is just about evaporated.

There is a concern that if a party peaks too early it's not a good thing but i don't know- he just seems to keep going and going.

ALL the top concerns people have are the cpc's  strength -housing, economy etc.

I wish like hell we could go to the polls tomorrow.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Amen to that. 

But what I find interesting here is the level of "popular support," across the board, not that popular support translates (or even should translate) into seats. Residual support for the Liberals, NDP, Greens, and Bloc (essentially the status quo) seems to be running at about 56% (chart below).

That's not to say 56% of the population is happy with the trajectory of the country (I hope) but IMO it sets the stage for future see saw elections as we cycle between competing party visions sandwiched in more polarization than I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Put another way, the damage that JT has done in a short period of time is simply breathtaking to me and I would hate to think that over 50% of my neighbours would find the status quo acceptable enough to willing suffer a return to the governance that created it.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/pierre-poilievres-conservatives-maintain-lead-over-justin-trudeaus-liberals-check-our-polling-tool-to-track/article_a7ed34b2-ae6c-11ee-8398-e7344102c0db.html

4 hours ago, myata said:

From f-ck up to f-ck up and back again. The mystery (uniquely Canadian) tale of advanced democracy. Look, it's a "landslide"!

Geez myata...I bet you're a ball to have at parties...

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:52 PM, CdnFox said:

ALL the top concerns people have are the cpc's  strength -housing, economy etc.

Not only that.

If this by-election victory in Toronto says anything -

the working class - the ones represented by unions - seems to be going to Poilievre!

Edited by betsy

7 hours ago, betsy said:

The scary part is how much more damage will Trudeau do to Canada before he gets booted out!

Well that's the thing. he knows hes' gone. He's not winning the next one. So he's kind of free to pull whatever jackassery he wants. This 'online harms bill' with life imprisonment for saying bad things might be an example of things to come.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Things are so bad that nobody would take the Liberal leadership if he resigned. 

Yep -  looks like your buddy justin is going to stick it out till the end, nobody else wants the job now that the people you elected drove the liberal name and the country into the dirt.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Liberal Party itself does with this situation.  Will they turn on each other?

They usually do but at the end of the day they crave power more than anything else.  IF a leader appaers that they think can win they'll get behind them.

I think they're hoping Carney would be their next white night but i somehow i dont' think so.

• Like 1

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/majority-of-canadians-not-even-considering-voting-for-the-liberals-nanos-1.6798245

This is how bad it's gotten for the libs - "not even considering"

Majority of Canadians not even considering voting for the Liberals: Nanos

While between 50 and 60 per cent of respondents said they would consider voting for the Liberals when surveyed in the months leading up to the 2015 federal election — when former prime minister Stephen Harper's Conservative party was still in power — only 36.2 per cent would consider casting their ballot for Trudeau's Liberals right now

"That means a majority of Canadians don't even have them on the radar as a vote choice," said Nik Nanos(opens in a new tab), CTV's official pollster and Nanos Research founder, in an interview with CTV News' Trend Line on Wednesday.