The carbon tax is going up and so are emissions

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Let's skip the part where you first addressed me in this thread rather than the other way around, but then bizarrely claimed I'm following you around.  🤡

Nah, lets double back to that.  It' always fun to point out what a liar you are and your weak english skills :P  

I said:

Lets just skip to the part where you realize you've been a complete m0r0n,  blame all your insecurities in life and your stupidity on my post count, claim that anything more than 3 sentances is too much for your brain and then follow me around desperately taking pot shots trying to stop the tears for your failures.

You see - the words "and then" in english denote that what is being described will happen at a FUTURE time ;)   Not that it DID happen :) So i didn't claim in this thread you HAD followed me here at all, i said you were GOING to follow me all over the board. 

The only thing bizarre is how your english teacher got their license.

ROFLMAO - dude, you couldn't even wait till the next page to start with your whole "I don't know what english words mean" crap?

Let's focus instead on the actual published figures that real economists and the governor of the BoC are using that prove how clueless you are, and how you predictably reverted to boring copypasta insults and jackassing as soon as you were confronted with hard facts.

Of which you've supplied none.  Yeah - lets focus on that information you don't have.  What kind of m0r0n says "lets focus on this" and then doesn't provide 'this'?

Sigh - ok - lets give you a second chance to get it right.  Show links to all these published figures and how they're derrived to show the current total cumulative effect of the carbon tax as it stands today and we'll see if the calculations they use suggest that what i specifically said is wrong.

Edited by CdnFox

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Of which you've supplied none.  Yeah - lets focus on that information you don't have.  What kind of m0r0n says "lets focus on this" and then doesn't provide 'this'?

You're the one who never actually has any information to offer.  You love making specific claims, but can't run away and change the subject fast enough when pressed for cites.  You'll spend pages and pages arguing about why you won't provide your sources, instead of just...posting them.  🙄

At any rate, here are two sources that took 30 seconds to find, far less than however long it took you to write out your little tantrum above: 

Canada's price on carbon only contributes 0.15 percentage points to inflation, Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem reiterated on Thursday.  (this is a per-year figure)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/climate-and-environment/carbon-pricing-accounts-for-0-15-percentage-points-of-inflation-boc-governor-says-1.6554273

UCalgary economics professor Trevor Tombe, who wrote the study alongside public policy and economics associate professor Jennifer Winter, says the facts reveal fairly minimal effects for most products from the carbon tax.

“All in, we estimate that the changes in carbon taxes affect consumer prices today by only 0.6 per cent and so that’s how much things would get cheaper by if we were to eliminate the carbon taxes completely,” Tombe said.

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2023/12/05/ucalgary-carbon-tax-affordability-study/

🤡🤡🤡

You're the one who never actually has any information to offer. 

LOL - no, it's you. And you literally just did it again - said "LETS LOOK AT THIS" then provided nothing.

At any rate, here are two sources that took 30 seconds to find, far less than however long it took you to write out your little tantrum above: 

So you've spent a total of 2 seconds educating yourself on this.  Sigh - i know how this is going to end. Ok - lets take a look and see if you screwed up yet again.

Canada's price on carbon only contributes 0.15 percentage points to inflation,

Nobody said anything about inflation. Inflation is the rate at which prices go up, not the effect of the tax on prices today.  If the tax adds 10 dollars to something today and it's still 10 tomorrow - inflation is zero but it's adding 10 dollars to the price. 

So you don't know the difference between inflation and the cost of good sold.

How are you this stupid? And you expect us to believe you make money doing this?

Ok - well that was an utter fail. Lets look at your next one.

Here's the policy paper - whcih you clearly did not even look at.  it's one lousy page.

https://www.policyschool.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/EE-Trends-DEC.pdf

Its from "The school of public policy" :)  ROFL.  And shows no math, no method - it's a couple of students who wrote a number down without even showing their methods. AND you can see the errors right off the bat.

So - epic fail again

So as usual you've utterly failed to even post anything relevant.

Here - an actual study looking at what the effect would be. 

https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/275913?ln=en

agriculture sectors were taxed on carbon emissions, the results show that price of food would increase by
0.95% to 0.9% from 2018 to 2022 on a yearly basis. The most affected food commodities
include dairy products, beef and veal, pork, poultry, processed meat, and prepared seafood
product

That's an increase of about 1 percent of the price per year. And that only calculated to 2022.   Inflation is on top of that which drives the price up even higher.

And carbon pricing has gone up since then and is set to go up again in a few days

So you were wrong again. And i was right again.

God damn you must LOVE looking like an 1diot.

You're the one who never actually has any information to offer.  You love making specific claims, but can't run away and change the subject fast enough when pressed for cites.  You'll spend pages and pages arguing about why you won't provide your sources, instead of just...posting them.  🙄

Canada's price on carbon only contributes 0.15 percentage points to inflation, Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem reiterated on Thursday.  (this is a per-year figure)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/climate-and-environment/carbon-pricing-accounts-for-0-15-percentage-points-of-inflation-boc-governor-says-1.6554273

UCalgary economics professor Trevor Tombe, who wrote the study alongside public policy and economics associate professor Jennifer Winter, says the facts reveal fairly minimal effects for most products from the carbon tax.

“All in, we estimate that the changes in carbon taxes affect consumer prices today by only 0.6 per cent and so that’s how much things would get cheaper by if we were to eliminate the carbon taxes completely,” Tombe said.

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2023/12/05/ucalgary-carbon-tax-affordability-study/

🤡🤡🤡

Oh - and while I've already proven you're a m0r0n for even posting that,  it's worth noting NONE of it actually contradicted or even addressed what i said.  Which was that the tax is added on at each stage of the process.

My source actually notes that I was correct.

So not only did you turn out to be completely wrong - you didn't even address the point.  Which means i'm correct twice ;)

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Nobody said anything about inflation. Inflation is the rate at which prices go up, not the effect of the tax on prices today.  If the tax adds 10 dollars to something today and it's still 10 tomorrow - inflation is zero but it's adding 10 dollars to the price. 

The Governor of the Bank of Canada did, you absolute clown.  He understands that inflation refers to final prices, inclusive of taxes paid along the way and by the consumer.  CdnFox, as with everything else, obviously does not.

35 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Here's the policy paper - whcih you clearly did not even look at.  it's one lousy page.

https://www.policyschool.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/EE-Trends-DEC.pdf

Its from "The school of public policy" :)  ROFL.  And shows no math, no method - it's a couple of students who wrote a number down without even showing their methods. AND you can see the errors right off the bat.

So - epic fail again

It's written by an economics professor.  🤣

51 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Here - an actual study looking at what the effect would be. 

https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/275913?ln=en

agriculture sectors were taxed on carbon emissions, the results show that price of food would increase by
0.95% to 0.9% from 2018 to 2022 on a yearly basis. The most affected food commodities
include dairy products, beef and veal, pork, poultry, processed meat, and prepared seafood
product

A study merely estimating the costs published back in 2018, with the numbers assuming farmers received zero exemptions from carbon taxes.  The reality is a large share of farming activity is either fully or partially exempt, so you're quoting a worthless and totally irrelevant number. 

Here's the very next sentence from the quote you're lifting:

"The second scenario assumes agriculture and government services sectors are exempt from carbon taxes. The increase in food prices was estimated to be 0.24% per year on average, which is significantly smaller than in the first scenario."

You didn't include that, because (if I can borrow a phrase from you) you are A LIAR!  🤣

Thanks for the entertainment.  A 3-for-1 faceplant isn't your best work, but it's still pretty funny.  

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

The Governor of the Bank of Canada did, you absolute clown.  He understands that inflation refers to final prices, inclusive of taxes paid along the way and by the consumer.  CdnFox, as with everything else, obviously does not.

A study merely estimating the costs published back in 2018, with the numbers assuming farmers received zero exemptions from carbon taxes.  The reality is a large share of farming activity is either fully or partially exempt, so you're quoting a worthless and totally irrelevant number. 

"The second scenario assumes agriculture and government services sectors are exempt from carbon taxes. The increase in food prices was estimated to be 0.24% per year on average, which is significantly smaller than in the first scenario."

You didn't include that, because (if I can borrow a phrase from you) you are A LIAR!  🤣

Thanks for the entertainment.  A 3-for-1 faceplant isn't your best work, but it's still pretty funny.  

Blah blah I can't read english and i'm angry i look stupid again - moonbox

The second sentance doesn't apply because dairy is not exempt in most provinces INCLUDING the one your one page study was based on.  No lie little boy. :) ROFLMAO!!!!  

WAAAAHHHH - the thing that doesnt' exist didn't get mentioned !!! It must be a lie!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

that is what real research looks like - rather than your one pager with clear mistakes. :)

I have to admit - you always wind up looking like  a complete doof but you've managed it Very quickly this time and in so many way :)

The study proves my point. For dairy, which is what we were discussing, the carbon tax is added several times and strongly effects the price, AND they didn't even account for it's inflationary price on labour.

So everything i said was true :)  

You may now commence with your usual meltdown, blame your stupidity on my post count and the number of words i make you read and then follow me around looking stupid while you attack me around the board :)

LOL - i honesty didn't think you'd top the one where you posted the research that proved you wrong but i have to say this came close - just the sheer volume of stupid in such a short time  :) 

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

One would presume you know what "assume" means?

Just a question, if Carbon taxes, and inflation are not responsible for the food increases we are seeing today,what is ? ...Hard to blame all of this n the war in ukraine...Or are we just being gouged by food producers...not just food but everything, in general...

Edited by Army Guy

On 3/3/2024 at 6:24 PM, herbie said:

So I guess the carbon tax isn't financially affecting anyone if fossil fuel demand is increasing. Maybe they should hike it so damn much on gasoline even the stupidest and most stubborn will change their habits.

The carbon tax is just another phking tax. It goes into general revenue. The reason the gas price is so high is because of the carbon tax applied to the price of a gallon of gas. Therefore, i am affected by the carbon tax. I will never change my habit. I like owning an ICE vehicle. Why? Because it is the globalist elite that are behind the EV push. They do not like me owning an ICE vehicle. Well, i do not have a problem telling them where to go? Chuckle. 

Up yours. Most people cannot afford to buy an EV anyways and then have to deal with the EV problems that go along with an EV. An ICE vehicle is no more damaging to the environment than an EV is. After all, an EV needs electricity to be able to charge up their EV battery. And it takes fossil fuels to do that job. Hello, all you EV lovers out there? Lol.

EV sales are way down and i applaud that downward slide. This is why we are starting to see more commercials on TV these days trying to get people to buy an EV vehicle. The dealerships want to get rid of their EV stock. 😁

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Just a question, if Carbon taxes, and inflation are not responsible for the food increases we are seeing today,what is ?

Climate Change Is Exacerbating Inflation Worldwide

Rising temperatures could increase global inflation by as much as 1 percent every year until 2035.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-exacerbating-inflation-worldwide/#:~:text=The result%3A Rising temperatures could,as much as 3 percent.

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

.Or are we just being gouged by food producers...not just food but everything, in general...

Yup, that too.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Rising temperatures could increase global inflation by as much as 1 percent every year until 2035.

Foods going up about 11 percent a year. Seems like you're coming up a little short there :)    And 'could' doesn't sound like 'did'.

43 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Foods going up about 11 percent a year. Seems like you're coming up a little short there

Must be mostly the greed you ignored then - like shrinkflation for example.

55 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And 'could' doesn't sound like 'did'.

Is certainly does as per the Scientific American article's title. Climate Change Is Exacerbating Inflation

Sounds like you got a little ahead of yourself then tripped. You do that a lot judging by your notion about compounding carbon taxes also all over your face.

Climate change, from CO2 emissions, is already contributing to food inflation and will likely be one of the biggest drivers of inflation going forward, certainly bigger than the carbon tax by the sounds of the article.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Must be mostly the greed you ignored then - like shrinkflation for example.

Shrinkflation has nothing to do with greed. It's a marketing ploy to hide the fact that prices are going up and that's it. The government has again and again and again discovered that the markup on food is the same as it always is.

But hey, by all means you get out there and start your own grocery store and charge fair prices. You can show those stupid Jerks from Sobeys what fair market pricing looks like! You go get them guy!

No? Well how about that. Don't you care about poor people?

Is certainly does as per the Scientific American article's title. Climate Change Is Exacerbating Inflation

Future isn't past.  Sorry to see your english skills have degraded again.  And 1 percent is nothing compared to how much it's noe up.

Sounds like you got a little ahead of yourself then tripped. You do that a lot judging by your notion about compounding carbon taxes also all over your face.

Sounds like you realized you were wrong again and are trying to blame me for it again :)

Climate change, from CO2 emissions, is already contributing to food inflation

Less than the carbon tax is it would seem.  So there you go.

IF you believe the box of Corn Flakes that was $4 last week is smaller and $6 this week amounts to 11% annually, go back to Jr High.

Like I joke with my sisters" We're so damn old I'm calling to tell you ten cent candy bars are on sale this week at SaveOn for $1.89

Soon you'll see that pill bottle from the Pharmacy with a label that says 120 Halloween size Snickers only $16.99

Just now, herbie said:

IF you believe the box of Corn Flakes that was $4 last week is smaller and $6 this week amounts to 11% annually, go back to Jr High.

Sure. The only food item the inflation is based on is corn flakes.  You're a dolt.

Like I joke with my sisters" We're so damn old I'm calling to tell you ten cent candy bars are on sale this week at SaveOn for $1.89

Soon you'll see that pill bottle from the Pharmacy with a label that says 120 Halloween size Snickers only $16.99

Anything's possible.  The carbon tax is jumping again april 1 and the price of everything will go up.

Yes it's the Carbon Tax that makes apples from Pentiction more expensive than bananas from Central America. We know, we'll believe anything.
The war in Ukraine made wheat disappear from Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba too. That's why Wonderbread is $5 a loaf. Just like how another 2c of tax will increase gas by another 25c.

3 minutes ago, herbie said:

Yes it's the Carbon Tax that makes apples from Pentiction more expensive than bananas from Central America.

we've explained all this to you.  Do you need a nap?

We know, we'll believe anything.

We? Are you talking to the voices in your head again?

The war in Ukraine made wheat disappear from Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba too.

oohhh kaaaayyyy.  Maybe you need to eat less fried foods.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Future isn't past.

The future is now you silly twat.

Again, as per the Scientific American article's title. Climate Change Is Exacerbating Inflation;  And that's according to a report cited by Scientific American that's used data collected from the past.

The times always change faster than you hard-boiled conservatives can ever keep up with.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

The future is now you silly twat.

LOL  - well in that case the future isn't what it used to be :) 

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

Again, as per the Scientific American article's title. Climate Change Is Exacerbating Inflation;

Again - doesn't explain how we got to where we are, your numbers still come up woefully short.

And if climate change were a significant factor it would tend to be a significant factor everywhere.  So bananas would be more expensive as well.

And in fact we're producing more crops and food than ever before - so if anything climate change is helping us. Check out production of wheat as an example:

https://www.indexmundi.com/agriculture/?country=ca&commodity=wheat&graph=production

So we're growing and producing better than we ever have, climate change seems to be improving our growing cycles.

But prices are shooting through the roof.

Furthermore - global warming certainly hasn't impacted our MILK production.  Which is what we're discussing.  but carbon taxes have for sure.

Global warming is said to be impacting OTHER countries - but that would show up in the price of bananas being higher. Strangely they're still affordable while milk is not.

It's always Fun to watch you trying to be 'scientific'  :)    keep practising, someday you'll get it.

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Again - doesn't explain how we got to where we are,

The report that Scientific American cites in their article does.

18 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It's always Fun to watch you trying to be 'scientific'  :)    keep practising, someday you'll get it.

It's more funny watching your attempts to change the channel. Like a chimp with the TV remote.

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Furthermore - global warming certainly hasn't impacted our MILK production.  Which is what we're discussing.

LMAO!

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The study proves my point. For dairy, which is what we were discussing, the carbon tax is added several times and strongly effects the price, AND they didn't even account for it's inflationary price on labour.

I didn't post anything about dairy.  Nobody else posted anything about dairy.  That's just your lame pivot after faceplanting again.  🤣

13 hours ago, herbie said:

Yes it's the Carbon Tax that makes apples from Pentiction more expensive than bananas from Central America. We know, we'll believe anything.
The war in Ukraine made wheat disappear from Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba too. That's why Wonderbread is $5 a loaf. Just like how another 2c of tax will increase gas by another 25c.

Your getting pretty good at shooting down everyone's explanation...please explain to the crowd, why do you think prices of everything are going up...

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-exacerbating-inflation-worldwide/#:~:text=The result%3A Rising temperatures could,as much as 3 percent.

Yup, that too.

Pretty easy to blame climate change, it is the go to for everything these days...and i can see that climate change does have an impact of prices, of food,through shortages or supply issues... but how do you explain other products, say electronics, vehicles, housing, etc etc...that do not need perfect weather to manufacture items...

it used to be blamed on supply shortages, but since the pandemic everything is back to normal except prices...of course lets not forget Justins spending spree of more than 700 BIL, Thats got to have an impact on inflation, more than climate change , but i'm only guessing here...we could also throw in a lot of Justin's policies affecting our natural resources or the limitation of them...

And anyone that says the carbon tax does not effects prices of everything in this nation should stay out of the conversation...or perhaps explain how it does not effect prices...But that is probably to difficult..

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

The report that Scientific American cites in their article does.

Where. Did you read it?

It's more funny watching your attempts to change the channel.

ROFLMAO - i addressed the points directly :)  Why do you lefties always accuse others of your own failings?

LMAO!

And as we all know - that's your way of saying you've lost :)