Gun Control Liberals, should this gun be banned?

2 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

TS_12_straight_facing_left_RW-e1576601471344.thumb.jpg.a89cde1c389b0a388b69feb789de8efb.jpg

Do you think the above weapon should be banned and why?

I am not trying to trick you this is a real lethal weapon.

With a decent red dot it could be fun, although I'm not fond of bull pups.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

Is that a shot gun with a bump stock?

There's no bump stock. It is a IWI tavor ts12. It is a high capacity bullpup 12 gauge shotgun. It can hold 15+1 shotgun shells and you can ghost load an additional shell to make it 17 total.

The bullpup design makes it back heavy so less recoil.

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

What are you going to hunt with it other than people? 

Grouse - ducks - rabbits - deer - foxes - anything else you wanted to know? Other than ducks i've seen one used for most of that :)

It's amazing how many non hunters know what you can or can't hunt with a gun.

Edited by CdnFox

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Still has to be pinned tho doesn't it?

Pinned? Do you mean pumped? Then no it's semi-auto.

Point is its a scary looking gun at its heart its just a 12 gauge. It can be used for hunting small and large game and for home defense. Personally my 9mm with hollow points is my self defense gun much easier to wield and less of a chance for collateral damage.

Edited by Fluffypants

35 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

Pinned? Do you mean pumped? Then no it's semi-auto.

Point is its a scary looking gun at its heart its just a 12 gauge. It can be used for hunting small and large game and for home defense. Personally my 9mm with hollow points is my self defense gun much easier to wield and less of a chance for collateral damage.

Oh right, twin tube pump right?

"It is best used while following a bird dog through wheat stubble at the end of the day as the sun sets. The field turns to gold. The light filters through the dogs hair as he stops abruptly, tail straight, one front leg curled. Then the most gloriously colored iridescent creature ever created by gods hand bust forth into the sky. The beauty of this moment burns itself into the brain, a permanent imprint that will remain with the person until the last moments in the rocking chair. This is the highest calling of the shotgun."

and then blowing up gods creation.

bit of a novelty item. i thought part of the fun of hunting was that the game had a chance. but you did say you'd be just target shooting.

if its in a locked box in the home or trunk of the car and the owner is not a registered felon and has no history of mental health issues or law enforcement concerns and is properly licensed then have fun!

Edited by godzilla

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

"It is best used while following a bird dog through wheat stubble at the end of the day as the sun sets. The field turns to gold. The light filters through the dogs hair as he stops abruptly, tail straight, one front leg curled. Then the most gloriously colored iridescent creature ever created by gods hand bust forth into the sky. The beauty of this moment burns itself into the brain, a permanent imprint that will remain with the person until the last moments in the rocking chair. This is the highest calling of the shotgun."

and then blowing up gods creation.

bit of a novelty item. i thought part of the fun of hunting was that the game had a chance. but you did say you'd be just target shooting.

if its in a locked box in the home or trunk of the car and the owner is not a registered felon and has no history of mental health issues or law enforcement concerns and is properly licensed then have fun!

If you had any idea how dumb that sounded you'd be truly embarrased.

As to 'blowing up god's creation' -  are you a vegan? No? So you're just a hypocrite with no morals who's happy if animals get killed as long as you're paying someone else to do it and can pretend your hands are clean. Man that's pathetic.

Fun fact btw - hunting has the least carbon foot print of any food collection method inluding farming and fishing in the world.

6 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

I hope you know that isn't what the second amendment was designed for but not planning on hunting people with it but will take it to the range and could possibly take it out hunting.

Sure. Unless you completely ignore the caveat of "a well regulated militia," which does not mean hunting animals.

On 2/12/2024 at 10:10 PM, CdnFox said:

If you had any idea how dumb that sounded you'd be truly embarrased.

As to 'blowing up god's creation' -  are you a vegan? No? So you're just a hypocrite with no morals who's happy if animals get killed as long as you're paying someone else to do it and can pretend your hands are clean. Man that's pathetic.

Fun fact btw - hunting has the least carbon foot print of any food collection method inluding farming and fishing in the world.

its not my quote. i thought it sounded very poetic coming from a shotgun hunting enthusiast.

i just added that if you thought something was extremely beautiful then you might decide to let it live. if there is plenty of them and you are going to eat them then no problem.

i kill eastern grey squirrels all the time for raiding my fig trees. and eastern grey squirrels are an invasive species here on the west coast. i don't even eat them!

you're always telling people what they think in order to support your mental model of extreme views.

Edited by godzilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, godzilla said:

its not my quote. i thought it sounded very poetic coming from a shotgun hunting enthusiast.

So you're saying you disagree with it?  No?  Hmmmmm

i just added that if you thought something was extremely beautiful then you might decide to let it live. if there is plenty of them and you are going to eat them then no problem.

So it's ok to kill things that are ugly :) 

There's a reason why hunting has always been called harvesting and not 'killing'.   Rodent or pest or predator control maybe is killing but frankly you on the left are generally unqualified to speak to the issue.  If you're eating meat, you're killing and just because you pay to have it done for you doesn't make you somehow better for it.

i kill eastern grey squirrels all the time for raiding my fig trees. and eastern grey squirrels are an invasive species here on the west coast. i don't even eat them!

Sure - lots of people kill rats and mice too. And bacteria and weeds and all kinds of living things that annoy us :)

you're always telling people what they think in order to support your mental model of extreme views.

Says the guy who started off with a judgement quote about how people who hunt should feel about killing 'beautiful things'.

Sorry pot, you're still black.