As Kids, They Thought They Were Trans. They No Longer Do. (or why it's ok for parents to question)

Activists use the weakest links in this movement, to support the removal of freedoms one has such as freedom of speech.

I don't have much sympathy. I dated women who had been molested and was told I was the first "man not to feel sorry for me".

What. You want a pity party? Balloons?

Nobody gave a s*** about me when I was down and out, and rock bottom. 

Am supposed to care about how one feels inside, now? Seriously?

I had to make a name for myself when so many were s******g on it. 

Lift myself up, with surrounding where people were pulling me down. 

Believe in myself when I was ridiculed at "knowing" I was going to make it out the hood as a kid.

To quote one of my favorite artists, if you're "looking for sympathy, you can find it under S in the f***ing dictionary".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

For me  ..  .

This subtle marker is a significant explanation for how public sphere works now. When I was growing up, we had top down communication wherein so-called experts were brought into explain everything. Everything. The pinnacle of that fallacy was Sigmund Freud, who had ridiculous theories that everyone was supposed to accept and they did. There was something real at the core, the interpretations were wild.

I fear we have swung too far on the other direction.  

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Nobody gave a s*** about me when I was down and out, and rock bottom. 

Am supposed to care about how one feels inside, now? Seriously?

I had to make a name for myself when so many were s******g on it. 

Lift myself up, with surrounding where people were pulling me down. 

Believe in myself when I was ridiculed at "knowing" I was going to make it out the hood as a kid.

You distinguish yourself as the poster who brings himself into issues more than any other.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I fear we have swung too far on the other direction.  

2. You distinguish yourself as the poster

1. Because we allow politics to pervade every aspect of our lives, even arts and sciences. Eventually we get to a point where no one trusts the so-called experts anymore.

People were a lot dumber back then as well. They needed the information from experts. More of us are well-educated these days. 

2. Everyone brings themselves to the issue through our attitudes and life experiences. This is for the most part all opinion. I may write 'In my opinion... " or "I think...". Is just a matter of writing styles, and from different cultures.

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You distinguish yourself as 

The poster identifies as black. Are you.. black?

;) 

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Because we allow politics to pervade every aspect of our lives, even arts and sciences. Eventually we get to a point where no one trusts the so-called experts anymore.

People were a lot dumber back then as well. They needed the information from experts. More of us are well-educated these days. 

2. Everyone brings themselves to the issue through our attitudes and life experiences. This is for the most part all opinion. I may write 'In my opinion... " or "I think...". Is just a matter of writing styles, and from different cultures.

The poster identifies as black. Are you.. black?

;) 

1. They were dumber but less egotistical.

2. My response is that not only do we know the race of this poster, we know their sexual orientation, we know about their ex-wives and current wives and all their friends and of course how they've battled through life to get through obstacles and to what they are.

Now, none of the rest of us bring this into our discussions on here. Is that because none of the rest of us have struggles or personal lives?

Nice of you to play big brother to this one though. Especially super nice because he's never had anyone help him through life. He's had to battle through all of his obstacles on his own, etc etc

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. They were dumber but less egotistical.

2. My response is that not only do we know the race of this poster, we know their sexual orientation, we know about their ex-wives and current wives and all their friends and of course how they've battled through life to get through obstacles and to what they are.

Now, none of the rest of us bring this into our discussions on here. Is that because none of the rest of us have struggles or personal lives?

Nice of you to play big brother to this one though. Especially super nice because he's never had anyone help him through life. He's had to battle through all of his obstacles on his own, etc etc

I tend to always confront bullies, even when they are bullying someone else. It's just my nature.

You missed the point I was making, a person can have a different writing style especially coming from a different culture. Some also want to write out of a need to express themselves, to get understanding of their pov on a topic.

You are being insensitive.

23 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I tend to always confront bullies, even when they are bullying someone else. It's just my nature.

You missed the point I was making, a person can have a different writing style especially coming from a different culture. Some also want to write out of a need to express themselves, to get understanding of their pov on a topic.

You are being insensitive.

Well.  Point taken. I suppose there's a fine line between criticizing someone's rhetorical technique and going after character.

I will try to do better.

11 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I don't know about referring to students by their preferred pronouns, however for something as drastic as surgery, the parents need to be informed about it.

Nobody will be getting surgery until they are adult. 

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You distinguish yourself as the poster who brings himself into issues more than any other.

I have lots of life experience. I don't understand what the issue is. I either bring a relevant argument about the subject, or I don't. 

Experience doesn't diminish your opinion. If anything, it allows you to better understand what it is that you're talking about.

Otherwise your wisdom is based on Google and stuff you read from someone.

"The diameter of your knowledge is the circumference of your activity".

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

"Love me, damn you!!"

Else you are a bigot...

I see it like lying about being trans and me finding it out during our first time having intimate relations.

Thats catfishing. If trans women are women, there being a penis and testicles would simply be extra ornaments to hold onto.

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Nobody will be getting surgery until they are adult. 

Nobody should be getting ANY medical treatment till they're an adult.

Surgery is now avialable at 14  in some provinces and doens't always require concent but hopefully that'll stop.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So why would you care if they had any other very very serious medical condition like cancer?

I would care about the cancer, not the kid.  And transgenderism isn't a deadly illness in and of itself.

As far as cancer goes - You treat the illness. But you don't think less of the kid just because he's got the illness. Why am i having to explain this to you, do you not have kids or something? Seriously how is that not obvious.

As for being trans, it's not ALWAYS the case that trans have gender disphoria so you don't know with certainty that they're seriously ill just because they're trans.  You seem to feel being trans is by itself a deadly medical condition similar to cancer

But they are very at risk and likley have gender disphoria. So knowing is critical as a parent.

Man - i can't believe i have to say this. Probably for the best you didn't have kids.

37 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Why am i having to explain this to you

B-B-B cause. 

Beware drowning leftists who flail about in all directions, seeking to get hold of anything they can to stay afloat. Lest they take you down with them.

Or like Pierre Poilievre said, everybody stay out of the water. Let' em drown.

;) 

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

If things continue this way, I really think soon it will be a hate crime if a man is not willing to date a trans-woman.

Well many trans activists have gone so far as to say it should be. 

And that gets complicated.  It's fairly straight forward as to why a straight male may not want to date a trans woman - and they get called transphobic for it and that it's a 'hate' based decision. 

But what about lesbians? Many report being pressured to date trans women. Whom of course have a penis.  Is it ok to force them to date trans? The trans activists think so?

So how about a gay man who is not wiling to date a trans man.

How about a trans woman who doesn't want to date a trans man because she's "straight".

Oh what a tangled web we weave....