TRUMP’S PERFORMANCE: The Republican primaries

12 hours ago, sharkman said:

It’s time for a thread to document DJT’s progress to the 2024 Republican National Convention.  So far, he’s won Iowa and saw 2 “contenders” drop out.  

But now Trump has just won New Hampshire, and apparently  has a total of 31 delegates.  Time to wake up liberals, the Trump train is picking up steam!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/politics/live-news/new-hampshire-primary-01-23-24/index.html

Trump's second primary victory: Former President Donald Trump will win New Hampshire’s GOP primary, CNN projects, defeating Nikki Haley and further cementing his hold on the Republican Party. He is the first non-incumbent GOP candidate in the modern era to win both Iowa and New Hampshire. 

I’d like to see the primaries go through at least Super Tuesday.  I hate the idea that only voters in Iowa and New Hampshire decide for the entire nation. That’s not how a democracy should function. 

35 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Who is "our"? You make this stuff up as you go don't you? 

You've never heard something like that said before?

This is a largely Canadian board, I'm so primarily I would say Canada but extend my definition to America, Europe, and generally the west as we think of it if you like

Really feels like you're just looking for something to fight about. Are you?

If so, let's start a thread about something we disagree on rather than having you question innocuous definitions to death.

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You've never heard something like that said before?

This is a largely Canadian board, I'm so primarily I would say Canada but extend my definition to America, Europe, and generally the west as we think of it if you like

Really feels like you're just looking for something to fight about. Are you?

If so, let's start a thread about something we disagree on rather than having you question innocuous definitions to death.

I couldn't care less about Canada. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Sour grapes over what?  Learning from that image that it was Trump who killed Inigo Montoya’s father in The Princess Bride?

I don’t think you’re using that expression properly 

Well i was thinking more along the lines of you posting a "fevered" rant about something petty and silly in a thread about how great trump is doing at the moment, but sure - the indigo thing makes sense too :P

1 hour ago, Deluge said:

My guess is all of them. 

I think you're mistaking "thought he would lose" with "desperately and feverishly crying to the heavens and gnashing their teeth and hoping he would lose".  They're similar, but different.  :) 

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

"Biden does better against Trump than Haley according to polls" 🤔

If he's going to lose to both, why worry about how MUCH he's going to get beaten by?

"Thank God we got trump, we only lost by a little, it could have been a couple percent more if Haley got the nomination!"

Only a democrat and other left wingers would think that's good logic.  But hey - you do you.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Such positive change will be very achievable by the new populists, as long as it is defined in the realm of rhetoric, which they excel at.

In terms of, say, numbers like life expectancy, pandemic mortality or GINI Coefficient, or mean global temperature... Well... Let's just stick to rhetoric shall we?

Are you finally admitting that saying things like "Everwun hoo votid for thuh uther gie iz MAGA ikstreemists", and calling the unvaxed "racists and misogynists" constitutes hateful populist rhetoric?

Joe22Adolf22Biden.thumb.png.13990fe691d50bb27ca042fb3fddcf9e.png

LaTurd.thumb.png.781be3637289af3b1712398b10723231.png

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Pretty amazing, really. After all the media attacks, accusations, impeachments, swat teams, incendiary rhetoric, he's coming back. And not just barely, but huuuuge!!!   ;)

I think that alone shows a certain resolve and determination, where most would have gone into hiding for the rest of their lives. But not Trump. He's totally shameless. Some will be inspired by his ability not just to stay in the game, but to win again.

And now these liberals are quaking in their boots for what they've done, how much they've invested in attacking him, on a grand scale, to find out they failed in defeating him. In fact the opposite. People not only want this guy, they REALLY want him.

The world wants a change. The political class has elevated itself to the status of royal elites, out of touch with reality of common people, and most importantly, ineffective at achieving positive changes for the future. Look at the mess we're in with these liberals at the helm for too long. Even in Canada, the Liberals and NDP are quaking in their boots about Trump.

You'd be quaking in your boots, IF you RECOGNIZED how Trump is following the Hitler playbook.

Instead, like the citizens of Germany in the 1930s, you're cheering him on. 🤮

Members of the German-American Bund would be so proud of the help you're giving to their legacy.

22 hours ago  Nazi Town, USA tells the unknown story of the German American Bund, a ... New Germany and against the Nazis. Arnie Bernstein, Writer: In the ...

Just because someone said that doesn't mean it's true. Clearly it is NOT true among republican voters. No question about that anymore now. The so-called swing voters, in other words people who are not partisans, will be looking at this from a platform and policy point of view. Partisans will remain deeply entrenched.

No one is counting on the MAGA CULT to not vote Trump. Fortunately their numbers are too small to elect him.

Yet the partisan divide increaseth. I say it's unsustainable long term. You can't build a house on lies. Eventually the crisis of ineffective leadership will collapse upon itself, somehow.

Trump has built a huge house on his BIG LIES.

Let's hope you're right about HIS INEFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP.

Just now, robosmith said:

Can't win BEFORE the election. "does better" means neck and neck.

But the campaign has NOT YET BEGUN, despite your confusion about the PRIMARY.

As Haley, said, she's not going away.

Maybe but she has a better shot at winning the miss universe contest than the nomination. 

35 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Are you finally admitting that saying things like "Everwun hoo votid for thuh uther gie iz MAGA ikstreemists", and calling the unvaxed "racists and misogynists" constitutes hateful populist rhetoric?

Joe22Adolf22Biden.thumb.png.13990fe691d50bb27ca042fb3fddcf9e.png

LaTurd.thumb.png.781be3637289af3b1712398b10723231.png

I think of hitler every time I see that biden pic. 

2 hours ago, Yakuda said:

I couldn't care less about Canada. 

Like the man said, who accidentally wandered into a gay bar. (not calling Canadians gay, FWIW)

I was a little confused by the RECENT NAME CHANGE of this site which used to be "Maple Leaf" something before I got here.

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

My guess is all of them. 

You should learn to pay attention to evidence and quit guessing.

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Like the man said, who accidentally wandered into a gay bar. (not calling Canadians gay, FWIW)

I was a little confused by the RECENT NAME CHANGE of this site which used to be "Maple Leaf" something before I got here.

You should learn to pay attention to evidence and quit guessing.

Unhinged AND ranting. Hilarious 

25 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Yes you are 

You see this character: ^

It specifies to what my post refers. 

You're welcome.

Now post something here that requires more than the understanding OF A CHILD, IF you can.

29 minutes ago, Deluge said:

You need to stop misusing data. 

Ok, feel free to point out where I do that WITH DATA instead of your ADMITTED guessing. 

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

You see this character: ^

It specifies to what my post refers. 

You're welcome.

Now post something here that requires more than the understanding OF A CHILD, IF you can.

Ok, feel free to point out where I do that WITH DATA instead of your ADMITTED guessing. 

Why? You won't be able to understand it. 

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You said to stop guessing, so that means you believe that you NEVER guess. If that's the case, then I don't want to see another word coming from that sticky keyboard of yours that isn't supported by unbiased, verifiable FACT. 

Got it? 

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Trump has built a huge house on his BIG LIES.

Let's hope you're right about HIS INEFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP.

LOL - trump built his house on democrat lies.

The dems turned trump into a martyr and hero with 7 years of fake 'russian collusion' that will be 'discovered next week for sure' along with billions of useless lawsuits and severely overblown 'insurrection' claims along with "if he gets in that's the end of the free world' Bullcrap.

All of that hypes trump up, keeps him constantly in the news cycle and boosts his popularity. And makes the dems look like the liars.

If none of that would have happened - i doubt we'd be seeing much of trump right now.  That's why they joke that he's one indictment away from the presidency.

And his leadership will be fine - if not somewhat silly.  His economy was better than biden's or obamas, he did fine on the foreign policy front, he'll ruffle feathers with allies but they know he's done in 4 years so they'll just blow it off.

You should start working on your excuses as to why the world didn't come to an end when he gets re-elected like you promised :) 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If Biden wasn't trying to emulate Hitler then he's just a kindred spirit, because that was definitely America's Hitler moment

Its also possible he was trying to channel 'Pink floyd's The Wall".  We can't assume.