Ron deSantis says legal aliens should not be given health benefits .....

Governor Ron deSantis in the Republican Presidential Debate this evening January 10th said "States like California are offering all aliens free medical care and no states should be allowed to do that"., well Mr. deSantis only runs Florida and yet in the Covid years , Florida, following the GOP medical plan for aliens 86,000 people died.  That's a lot of voting seniors ....

• Haha 1

California has a massive agriculture industry. Unlike most other states, California mostly doesn’t have fields of wheat, barley, corn, sorghum, and so forth. Instead, California grows grapes, almonds, cherries, oranges, asparagus, artichokes, and strawberries. These crops must be planted, maintained, and harvested by hand. Since the inception of this industry over 100 years ago, the work has been done by migrant workers.

So here’s the deal: If they don’t have adequate health care, they’ll spread diseases into the food supply.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Governor Ron deSantis in the Republican Presidential Debate this evening January 10th said "States like California are offering all aliens free medical care and no states should be allowed to do that"., well Mr. deSantis only runs Florida and yet in the Covid years , Florida, following the GOP medical plan for aliens 86,000 people died.  That's a lot of voting seniors ....

States should be able to do whatever they want in that regard.  If the voters don't like it then they can vote out the incumbent politicians of the state.  WTH business is it of the POTUS what healthcare California gives out?

7 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

States should be able to do whatever they want in that regard.  If the voters don't like it then they can vote out the incumbent politicians of the state.  WTH business is it of the POTUS what healthcare California gives out?

Probably because the Medicaid programs paying the bills are partially funded by the Federal government.

21 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Explain why illegals aliens should be given health benefits. 

2 hours ago, Yakuda said:

Explain why illegals aliens should be given health benefits. 

They carry diseases that local and even country wide immunities may no longer exist or never existed. This is the reason so many here in America in the 1898 to 1924 era saw so much Influenza, it came from soldiers who went south of the border  in the Spanish American War and inter mingled with native locals, and when our military co mingled with allies and country.locals in the Great War, they also brought home diseases , principally cholera, influenza, and pneumonia. It wasn't until WWII we had penicillin remember. In my own family i.lost two great great grand aunts who died as children in 1905& 1906. 

10 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

They carry diseases that local and even country wide immunities may no longer exist or never existed. This is the reason so many here in America in the 1898 to 1924 era saw so much Influenza, it came from soldiers who went south of the border  in the Spanish American War and inter mingled with native locals, and when our military co mingled with allies and country.locals in the Great War, they also brought home diseases , principally cholera, influenza, and pneumonia. It wasn't until WWII we had penicillin remember. In my own family i.lost two great great grand aunts who died as children in 1905& 1906. 

Then why don't we just keep them from entering the country? Unbelievable 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 11:56 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

So...states' rights are important to you. I guess your ok with the SCOTUS decision to return abortion to states?

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

So...states' rights are important to you. I guess your ok with the SCOTUS decision to return abortion to states?

So you disagree with Ron DeSantis, who said:

“States like California are offering all aliens free medical care and no states should be allowed to do that

43 minutes ago, Rebound said:

So you disagree with Ron DeSantis, who said:

“States like California are offering all aliens free medical care and no states should be allowed to do that

If Californication wants to pay for health care for illegals...let 'em. But no federal funds should be forthcoming for any of that.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

If Californication wants to pay for health care for illegals...let 'em. But no federal funds should be forthcoming for any of that.

Do you know the facts or just accepting whatever Desantis says?  I have no idea myself. 

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Do you know the facts or just accepting whatever Desantis says?  I have no idea myself. 

I'm stating my opinion. The USA places particular import on state powers vs federal. Here in Canuckland I would figure the same would apply, since healthcare is a provincial function. If BC for instance, wanted to give HC to all people regardless of status in Canuckland, so be it. I wouldn't particularly like the idea for many reasons, but its their funeral.

I would however, caution against this as it will necessitate the raising of taxes to pay for it all.

A last thought...

@Caswell Thomas "Ron deSantis says legal aliens should not be given health benefits ....." ???

That should actually read, "Ron deSantis says illegal aliens should not be given health benefits ....."

They are ILLEGALLY living and working in the USA...as slaves for the most part. So congarats on the Dems finally getting slavery back online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'm stating my opinion. The USA places particular import on state powers vs federal. Here in Canuckland I would figure the same would apply, since healthcare is a provincial function. If BC for instance, wanted to give HC to all people regardless of status in Canuckland, so be it. I wouldn't particularly like the idea for many reasons, but its their funeral.

I would however, caution against this as it will necessitate the raising of taxes to pay for it all.

A last thought...

@Caswell Thomas "Ron deSantis says legal aliens should not be given health benefits ....." ???

That should actually read, "Ron deSantis says illegal aliens should not be given health benefits ....."

They are ILLEGALLY living and working in the USA...as slaves for the most part. So congarats on the Dems finally getting slavery back online.

I meant what I wrote. Trump makes no distinction between aliens living here legally.or not. In fact his border kidnap gangs which separated children from their parents when the parents attempted to enter the U. S. also captured some who were American citizens , and quite a few who were entering legally, A total.of over 1700 of the 3913 separations according to Trumps records, however the ACLU put the number separated at over 5000 based on border guard administrative records. As if 2022,  391 children were not still reunited with their parents as Trump failed to provide documentation on who those parents were, nor even the names and age of those children . 

On 1/10/2024 at 7:41 PM, Caswell Thomas said:

Caswell Thomas thinks illegal aliens will make a wonderful slave class for the DNC. 

4 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

I meant what I wrote. Trump makes no distinction between aliens living here legally.or not. In fact his border kidnap gangs which separated children from their parents when the parents attempted to enter the U. S. also captured some who were American citizens , and quite a few who were entering legally, A total.of over 1700 of the 3913 separations according to Trumps records, however the ACLU put the number separated at over 5000 based on border guard administrative records. As if 2022,  391 children were not still reunited with their parents as Trump failed to provide documentation on who those parents were, nor even the names and age of those children . 

Biden has allowed up to 10,000,000 illegal aliens into the USA since he took office.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:06 PM, Deluge said:

Caswell Thomas thinks illegal aliens will make a wonderful slave class for the DNC. 

Color variance affliction goes way back, usually a good solid impact to the head fixes it, the kind you get similarly going into a low ceiling GOP preppers survival of a zombie attack food and beer storage area when you fail to notice the big Still in the corner until you hut your head and see red hat stars of yesteryear like Andy Biggs dancing around it yelling its time for another anti Obama care vote.

12 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Color variance affliction goes way back, usually a good solid impact to the head fixes it, the kind you get similarly going into a low ceiling GOP preppers survival of a zombie attack food and beer storage area when you fail to notice the big Still in the corner until you hut your head and see red hat stars of yesteryear like Andy Biggs dancing around it yelling its time for another anti Obama care vote.

I don't know what you're on, but it probably has the word diethylamide somewhere in there.

5 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Proof already , it means you couldn't see a footprint of a dinosaur if you were standing in it. 

Was it the one that you made?

2 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Racist wokeslavers hate it when black Americans escape the democrart plantation. I salute every black American who stands up to these Jim Crow disciples. 

15 hours ago, Caswell Thomas said:

No, I'm in the foreground, you are standing in what looks like a large amount of coprolite. 

Hope you wiped your ass.