The Great Big 2024 Election Battle Thread!

Might as well get this started :)

It's Jan 1 2024 - Election year in the states! Who's going to win? What do the polls say? Who's got the edge and who's getting hammered?  What are your predictions?

Lets hear your facts, your figures, your theories, your delusions (robosmith), your hopes and dreams and  what you think the outcome will be as it changes between now and next november.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My early prediction, after winning the primaries trump pulls ahead by 5 points over biden and just before the election biden's support softens again and trump takes it.  Biden seems weak and avoids the public as much as possible and with economic woes still on the table people buy into trump's vision of economic prosperity and a better tomorrow. 

While many presidents have been elected on a message of "change",  Trump will be the first to be elected on a message of "Change back!"

The dems blame israel and demand a boycott of matza bread. The left will collectively lose their crap - and trump will begin extracting vengance while at the same time attempting to coronate whomever he feels should be the next candidate seeing as he's done.

56 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

My early prediction, after winning the primaries trump pulls ahead by 5 points over biden and just before the election biden's support softens again and trump takes it.  Biden seems weak and avoids the public as much as possible and with economic woes still on the table people buy into trump's vision of economic prosperity and a better tomorrow. 

While many presidents have been elected on a message of "change",  Trump will be the first to be elected on a message of "Change back!"

The dems blame israel and demand a boycott of matza bread. The left will collectively lose their crap - and trump will begin extracting vengance while at the same time attempting to coronate whomever he feels should be the next candidate seeing as he's done.

Thats not your prediction, its your dream. 
My prediction is that Trump will wrap up his campaign from a jail cell.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Thats not your prediction, its your dream. 

no, my dream is that he takes it by one vote in one state.  America would basically explode at that point :)  I've got a 'regular subscription' set up for popcorn delivery through amazon.  :)

My prediction is that Trump will wrap up his campaign from a jail cell.  

I think that's going to be unlikely even if they do manage to rush a trial and find him guilty of a jailable offense.  i think he'll appeal and there's little chance of them putting him away till the appeal is over, and of course if he becomes pres then the whole thing is out the window.

But - we'll put you down for 'Finishes campaign in jail" and see how you do :)

I actually wonder seriously if it would hurt or help his chances?

Edited by CdnFox

If Trump is still the leading Republican contender in October, there will be a national emergency, maybe a war, to cancel the election.  Pray that the American voter gets over Trump, so that the elites don't start another war. 

Edit:  I meant nominee when I said “leading republican contender”, my mistake.

Edited by sharkman

10 hours ago, sharkman said:

If Trump is still the leading Republican contender in October, there will be a national emergency, maybe a war, to cancel the election.  Pray that the American voter gets over Trump, so that the elites don't start another war. 

You mean if he's the republican candidate and still leading in the polls.  LOL - well i don't know about a war but i would definitely expect some outrageously frantic behavior :)  

I would guess it would include wild claims about how as soon as he gets in he'll gas the jews and invade poland or something. More criminal allegations or the like (He conspired with Putin to have china pay dominion to rig the election or something).  But that kind of thing just seems to improve his numbers.

Considering the absolute freak out crap show we saw when he first got elected i have to think if he's elected this time it should be beyond epic.  I imagine the hysterics will be through the roof even if it LOOKS like he might win

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You mean if he's the republican candidate and still leading in the polls.  LOL - well i don't know about a war but i would definitely expect some outrageously frantic behavior :)  

I would guess it would include wild claims about how as soon as he gets in he'll gas the jews and invade poland or something. More criminal allegations or the like (He conspired with Putin to have china pay dominion to rig the election or something).  But that kind of thing just seems to improve his numbers.

Considering the absolute freak out crap show we saw when he first got elected i have to think if he's elected this time it should be beyond epic.  I imagine the hysterics will be through the roof even if it LOOKS like he might win

Oops yes, that's what I meant.  At least one of the current Republican candidates is backed by the anyone but Trump crowd, now that DeSantis has already failed.   The multiple court cases are designed to both be a constant bad media coverage strategy and a drain on Trump's resources. 

But all they've got is Biden, who is single handedly driving people to whomever the Rep candidate is.  He's the dem disaster that won't die.  Kamala makes them shudder, so they obviously have a plan to get a viable candidate in there as well.  So, a media campaign, a lawfare campaign, and a Replace Joe plan.  Is it enough to stop the Trump locomotive?  No.

They need either another lockdown during the election to pump up the mail-in-voting fraud, or some kind of national emergency in which to cancel the election altogether  -  just as Zelensky did to save his skin.

42 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Oops yes, that's what I meant.  At least one of the current Republican candidates is backed by the anyone but Trump crowd, now that DeSantis has already failed.   The multiple court cases are designed to both be a constant bad media coverage strategy and a drain on Trump's resources. 

But all they've got is Biden, who is single handedly driving people to whomever the Rep candidate is.  He's the dem disaster that won't die.  Kamala makes them shudder, so they obviously have a plan to get a viable candidate in there as well.  So, a media campaign, a lawfare campaign, and a Replace Joe plan.  Is it enough to stop the Trump locomotive?  No.

They need either another lockdown during the election to pump up the mail-in-voting fraud, or some kind of national emergency in which to cancel the election altogether  -  just as Zelensky did to save his skin.

I kinda wonder if the republicans won't be a little more ready for the 'mail in vote' issue this next election. IT's not like it's really a 'left wing' thing - in Canada mail in ballots and such tend to favour the conservatives, who tend to have a better on the ground team. I would think they'd be looking at how to change that around and make it work for them down south.

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Most likely, Biden will win again.

What are you basing that on?  your hard on for him may be going up but his polling numbers arent :)  

It's possible of course, it's seriously neck and neck right now and anything can happen in politics  but what's this path? What does he do or say or commit to or whatever that will put him over the top?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sharkman said:

If Trump is still the leading Republican contender in October,

You mean their NOMINEE? Thanks for revealing how little you know about American POTUS elections.

13 hours ago, sharkman said:

there will be a national emergency, maybe a war, to cancel the election.  Pray that the American voter gets over Trump, so that the elites don't start another war. 

You are confused. In American history, Trumpublican is the ONLY one who tried to cancel an election with a crisis he PLANNED. Fortunately he FAILED because Pence refused to cooperate in his BRAZEN ATTEMPT.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You mean their NOMINEE? Thanks for revealing how little you know about American POTUS elections...

Hey nimrod, thanks for revealing how bad your comprehension is.  A post right below the one you quoted already pointed that out.  Then I replied, admitting my error.  I see those "science classes you took in college" are really paying off.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You mean their NOMINEE? Thanks for revealing how little you know about American POTUS elections.

You are confused. In American history, Trumpublican is the ONLY one who tried to cancel an election with a crisis he PLANNED. Fortunately he FAILED because Pence refused to cooperate in his BRAZEN ATTEMPT.

The only way you are going to join up with reality is to stop consuming your usual propaganda.  I dare you to stop all media consumption for 2 weeks.  You will be surprised at how schrill it all sounds.

5 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Hey nimrod, thanks for revealing how bad your comprehension is.  A post right below the one you quoted already pointed that out.  Then I replied, admitting my error.  I see those "science classes you took in college" are really paying off.

Hey a-hole, CdnLIAR is on ignore. But again thanks for revealing your ignorance about US POTUS elections.

Just now, robosmith said:

Hey a-hole, CdnLIAR is on ignore. But again thanks for revealing your ignorance about US POTUS elections.

LOL - still too scared to talk to me huh?  Robosmith  is severely intimidated by me,  facts and klnowledge make him angry :) most people just tell him he's stupid, i have a habit of proving it to him and he can't sleep that night :)  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sharkman said:

The only way you are going to join up with reality is to stop consuming your usual propaganda.  I dare you to stop all media consumption for 2 weeks.  You will be surprised at how schrill it all sounds.

Too bad you have NOTHING with which to refute it. "Media" is the ONLY way to be informed here; esp by "consuming" MANY SOURCES. You should try it, and then you might learn how US POTUS elections work. 

Just now, robosmith said:

Too bad you have NOTHING with which to refute it. "Media" is the ONLY way to be informed here; esp by "consuming" MANY SOURCES. You should try it, and then you might learn how US POTUS elections work. 

Well there you go @sharkman.  He literally believes the only way to get information is from the media, and the only media he feels is valid is the ones that say what he likes.  Because he's found 3 or 4 who all parrot the same tripe he thinks he's listening to "MAAAAAAANNNNNNNYYYY sources" but really it's the same source 4 different ways.

Of course thinking people know there's a lot more sources for info, But you can now see why Roborepeat only believes the democrat talking points,

Also - he considers the voices in his head as 'media' so.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robosmith said:

When consuming "many sources" did you cook them or a door dash delivery.

They taste really good when added to some stewed logic flavored with a smidgens of demospice. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

With a surging economy, President Biden is still lagging in the polls. That shows people are more concerned about the southern border than the economy. It is the border issue that will re-elect President Trump. It is the gift that keeps on giving to the former President. There is no legal remedy for the growing migration across the border. The GOP just has to keep up the mantra that President Biden has to stop people from crossing the border. When asked how, they say Biden is encouraging it. The truth is, President Biden knows this issue is costing him the election and if he had a way to solve the problem he would do it. There is no legal way to solve the border crisis. It is only going to get worse.

President Trump loves it because it will give him back the Presidency, and after that, he has no incentive to solve it. Let them come, because he cannot run again so why should he care. As long as the Secret Service keeps them away from his golf resort, he doesn't have any reason to do anything.

30 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well there you go @sharkman.  He literally believes the only way to get information is from the media, and the only media he feels is valid is the ones that say what he likes.  Because he's found 3 or 4 who all parrot the same tripe he thinks he's listening to "MAAAAAAANNNNNNNYYYY sources" but really it's the same source 4 different ways.

Of course thinking people know there's a lot more sources for info, But you can now see why Roborepeat only believes the democrat talking points,

Also - he considers the voices in his head as 'media' so.....

I may have struck a nerve with that “science classes in college” dig.  Sometimes the truth hurts…

14 minutes ago, sharkman said:

I may have struck a nerve with that “science classes in college” dig.  Sometimes the truth hurts…

LOL - well you weren't around for it but Robosmith and i had a little 'science' run in a while back and he didn't do so well. He gets kind of sore when people bring up science now.  :)   Mind you this is a man who thinks an Algorithm. is some sort of latin music beat.  

14 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

With a surging economy, President Biden is still lagging in the polls. That shows people are more concerned about the southern border than the economy. It is the border issue that will re-elect President Trump. It is the gift that keeps on giving to the former President. There is no legal remedy for the growing migration across the border. The GOP just has to keep up the mantra that President Biden has to stop people from crossing the border. When asked how, they say Biden is encouraging it. The truth is, President Biden knows this issue is costing him the election and if he had a way to solve the problem he would do it. There is no legal way to solve the border crisis. It is only going to get worse.

President Trump loves it because it will give him back the Presidency, and after that, he has no incentive to solve it. Let them come, because he cannot run again so why should he care. As long as the Secret Service keeps them away from his golf resort, he doesn't have any reason to do anything.

Okay then, riddle me this:

How is it that Trump was able to slow immigration to a crawl?  And remember the comment, “they aren’t sending us their best”?  
Why is Biden unable to even verbally address this issue?  Surely he could do better than Trump’s bull in a China shop approach.

46 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

All Biden has to do is put the blame on Congress where it squarely belongs, because only they have the power to change the immigration laws.

He needs to continually harp on the Republicon House's refusal to change the law cause they just want to keep it for a political issue.