Poll Shows Canadian Immigration Attitudes Hardening - even among immigrants

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Sorry to say, but I'm not reading your wall of text.  The Belief that the Bible was a Divine Revelation is absurd.  That counts doubly for the King James Bible you like to reference, which was commissioned by a King who liked to plow other dudes and was necessitated by the lifestyle choices of a previous king who decided that the sanctity of marriage was inconvenient for him. 😆

You won't read a reply that might take one or two minutes, but you spend lots of your time on the forum.  You only want to speak one way and not listen to what others have to say if they might contradict what you think. 

That shows how badly deceived you are.  It is a strong grip that Satan has on your mind.  He keeps saying to you "don't read it",  "don't read it".. blah blah.  You listen like a dumb puppet. It's sad really because what others say to you about God and his word is the only hope you have to avoid going to hell for eternity.  That is why God gave man his revelation:...   to give man redemption and save him for eternity.   You turn your back on that, you are condemning yourself.

I see you have believed another lie that claimed that King James was a homosexual.   There have been books written debunking that one.  King James did not write the King James Bible either.  He merely authorized the producing of it.  It was produced by 47 of the world's best scholars and is based on the Received Text, that is, Disiderius Erasmus' earlier Greek New Testament and the Greek manuscripts that were available at the time.  So King James did not translate it or have anything to do with how it was produced.  it had a major impact on the world in the last 400 years since it was produced.  The greatest and widest selling Bible or book in history.

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That counts doubly for the King James Bible you like to reference, which was commissioned by a King who liked to plow other dudes

KING  JAMES
The VI Of Scotland & I Of England
Unjustly Accused?

"Royalty, Rumors and Racists" (jesus-is-savior.com)

Anyone should know the Devil would use something like that to try to discredit God's written revelation to man.  Some people are so easily deceived. 

Very few people believe that nonsense.   You are a rare person indeed.  So the phony claims are not having much affect.  Perhaps the rumour was started by Jesuits who really have tried to destroy the KJV.  They tried to blow up the British Parliament too but were caught and failed.

The KJV (or KJB)  has been used by hundreds of millions of people in the world down through the centuries.  There is not an inkling in it to show King James had any influence on it.  In fact, it condemns homosexuality and other unnatural behavior.  It exalts the traditional family of a man and wife.  Why would King James allow it to be produced if he was that kind of person?  Makes no sense to begin with.

Edited by blackbird

22 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Very few people believe that nonsense.   You are a rare person indeed.  So the phony claims are not having much affect.  Perhaps the rumour was started by Jesuits who really have tried to destroy the KJV.  They tried to blow up the British Parliament too but were caught and failed.

You know what other nonsense very few people believe?  The idea that the Church of England accepted that the old Bible was written through Divine Revelation, except for the parts that they didn't like!  😆  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Why in Heavens name doesn't God simply snappeth His fingers and vaporize Satan?

Is the Almighty almighty or not?

I won't quote long passages because you probably won't read them.  Just a short verse.

" 10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. "  Revelation 20:10 KJV

God has His plan and time for doing things.  The book of Revelation is partly about the future events which will happen.  He certainly is the Almighty God.  Many will find this out in due course.

You might wonder why you should believe this.  The answer is there are many prophecies which were written centuries ago and did in fact come to pass.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You know what other nonsense very few people believe?  The idea that the Church of England accepted that the old Bible was written through Divine Revelation, except for the parts that they didn't like!  😆  

I don't quite follow that second sentence.  Are you saying the Church of England believed the KJV was divine revelation?  Or are you saying something else?

If you are serious about finding out the truth of the matter, you would need to take a little time and do some reading.  There is a large website that has hundreds of articles, audio messages, etc. that explain a lot. 

The King James Bible Defended! (jesus-is-savior.com)

If you could take the time, just this one article explains a lot and answers some of your arguments:

Is the King James Bible Inspired Or Preserved? (jesus-is-savior.com)

If the KJB is inspired and preserved, then indeed it is God's divine revelation to man.  There are many reasons why this is a fact.  But if you have not read them and understood it, that would explain why you don't believe it.  God and his revelation are supernatural matters.  You can't approach it with a natural mind or thinking.  It must be approached from a spiritual view.  There is a natural world and there is a spiritual world.  We have a soul and a spirit which are related to the spiritual world.

Edited by blackbird

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That counts doubly for the King James Bible you like to reference, which was commissioned by a King who liked to plow other dudes and was necessitated by the lifestyle choices of a previous king who decided that the sanctity of marriage was inconvenient for him.

Such a man (the King) was sure to have enemies. One such man, Anthony Weldon, had to be excluded from the court. Weldon swore vengeance. It was not until 1650, twenty-five years after the death of James that Weldon saw his chance. He wrote a paper calling James a homosexual. Obviously, James, being dead, was in no condition to defend himself.

The report was largely ignored since there were still enough people alive who knew it wasn't true. In fact, it lay dormant for years, until recently when it was picked up by Christians who hoped that vilifying King James, would tarnish the Bible that bears his name so that Christians would turn away from God's book to a more "modern" translation.

It seems though, that Weldon's false account is being once again largely ignored by the majority of Christianity with the exception of those with an ulterior motive, such as its author had.

It might also be mentioned here that the Roman Catholic Church was so desperate to keep the true Bible out of the hands of the English people that it attempted to kill King James and all of Parliament in 1605.

unquote

Chick.com: Was King James a homosexual?

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't quite follow that second sentence.  Are you saying the Church of England believed the KJV was divine revelation?  Or are you saying something else?

I'm saying that if you believe the Bible was written via Divine Revelation and that everything contained within is infallible, then it's pretty convenient that you also believe that the Church of England was divinely inspired to edit and remove the parts of the Bible they had previously accepted but now disagreed with.  It's almost as if human beings were involved in deciding which parts of the Bible they believed, and which they didn't.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

" 10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

So he's in a lake of fire for ever and ever except for all the times he's running around loose raising Hell?

Hmmm what am I missing here?

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So he's in a lake of fire for ever and ever except for all the times he's running around loose raising Hell?

Hmmm what am I missing here?

(i think earth is the lake of fire and eternal torment. Admittedly there are some days.....)

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'm saying that if you believe the Bible was written via Divine Revelation and that everything contained within is infallible, then it's pretty convenient that you also believe that the Church of England was divinely inspired to edit and remove the parts of the Bible they had previously accepted but now disagreed with.  It's almost as if human beings were involved in deciding which parts of the Bible they believed, and which they didn't.  

I don't think the translators working on the new translation from 1604 to 1611 were editing and removing part of the Bible.  What gave you that idea?  They were translating from the Masoretic Hebrew (Old Testament) and from the Greek Textus Receptus (Received Text) into English.

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Devil is still loose.  

Oh well, so much for the Almightyiness of God I guess.  We might be as well be waiting for the Liberals to do something about housing or climate change.

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't think the translators working on the new translation from 1604 to 1611 were editing and removing part of the Bible.  What gave you that idea?  They were translating from the Masoretic Hebrew (Old Testament) and from the Greek Textus Receptus (Received Text) into English.

Languages and ideas almost never, ever carry over with their full meaning and cultural context.  For this reason alone, you'll never get a precise and literal translation from one language to the next.  

Beyond that, you have numerous books missing from all of the Protestant Bibles, but still included in the Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic Churches etc.  Evidently, there was a revision in the Protestant faiths that decided that these books were not actually Divinely inspired, as had been believed for 1000+ years, but these other ones were.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Languages and ideas almost never, ever carry over with their full meaning and cultural context.  For this reason alone, you'll never get a precise and literal translation from one language to the next.  

Beyond that, you have numerous books missing from all of the Protestant Bibles, but still included in the Catholic, Orthodox, Coptic Churches etc.  Evidently, there was a revision in the Protestant faiths that decided that these books were not actually Divinely inspired, as had been believed for 1000+ years, but these other ones were.    

You must be referring to the Apocrypha.  That is a group of books that the Catholic church has in their Old Testament Catholic Bibles.  It was rejected by Protestants because it did not appear to be divinely inspired.  

God promised he would preserve his words.  

" 6  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."   Psalm 12:6, 7 KJV

Edited by blackbird

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You must be referring to the Apocrypha.  That is a group of books that the Catholic church has in their Old Testament Catholic Bibles.  It was rejected by Protestants because it did not appear to be divinely inspired.  

and there's my point! 

1500 years or whatever after they were written, the Protestants decided that the Deuterocanonical Books didn't "appear" to be divinely inspired...anymore.  

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

and there's my point! 

1500 years or whatever after they were written, the Protestants decided that the Deuterocanonical Books didn't "appear" to be divinely inspired...anymore.  

That is not how the history of the Apocrypha went.   This article says Jesus and New Testament authors never directly quoted the Apocrypha.   Some early church "fathers" did quote from it.  But the Roman church has a history of error and false teaching so that would be no surprise.  Protestant church leaders were not perfect.  Nobody is perfect except God.  Men have made mistakes throughout history.  Before the Reformation in the 1500s, the main church in the western world was the Roman church controlled from the Papacy in Rome.  They had a lot of error including the Apocrypha.  Not everyone agreed with it either.  But the ordinary people did not even have a copy of Bible.

Very few people even had a copy of any Holy Scripture before the printing press was invented around the 1500s.   Roman Catholic priests may have had some copies of their Latin Vulgate through the middle ages, but few other people had access to it. 

Here is an article that gives some detail about the history of the Apocrypha.  Those books were not considered as Holy Scripture by many down through the ages.  They were not included as Holy Scripture by major Protestant denominations.  God has preserved the Holy Scriptures in the form of the 66 books of the Bible without the Apocrypha since the time of the Reformation.

Thirty-nine Articles (1571), article 6: “And the other Books (as Jerome saith) the Church doth read for example of life and instruction of manners; but yet doth it not apply them to establish any doctrine.”

Belgic Confession (1561) 6: “The church may certainly read these books and learn from them as far as they agree with the canonical books. But they do not have such power and virtue that one could confirm from their testimony any point of faith or of the Christian religion. Much less can they detract from the authority of the other holy books.”

Westminster Confession of Faith (1647) 1.3: “The books commonly called Apocrypha, not being of divine inspiration, are no part of the canon of the Scripture, and therefore are of no authority in the church of God, nor to be any otherwise approved, or made use of, than other human writings.”   unquote

A Brief History of the Apocrypha - Westminster Theological SeminaryWestminster Theological Seminary (wts.edu)

Edited by blackbird

On 1/2/2024 at 12:03 PM, blackbird said:

No, facts don't matter to you.

When I am speaking about Biblical facts or quoting the Bible, that is a certain type of wisdom which is beyond you.  I am not talking or debating the the laws of thermo dynamics.  Many topics at hand have to do with Biblical truth, not science or the laws of gravity.

The polls are not a reflection of what the population thinks but what they were told to think, ask Hitler. You're talking about the Bible, but Jesus and Lot unlike the devil, tells us to welcome immigrants more than members of our own family, you know nothing. Gn 19.8,  Luke 7. 1-10,  Jn 4.9,  Mt 25.38,  

On 1/2/2024 at 1:25 PM, Moonbox said:

Is it better to just complain and do nothing, and hope that someone else takes pity and solves your problems for you?  

Up to a certain point, if that's ignored however you should expect things will happen in hopes of getting attention.

What works better, ignoring the complaints or the problems or both?

The real pity is that dwelling on it doesn't prevent them from piling up.

Edited by eyeball

23 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

The polls are not a reflection of what the population thinks but what they were told to think, ask Hitler. You're talking about the Bible, but Jesus and Lot unlike the devil, tells us to welcome immigrants more than members of our own family, you know nothing. Gn 19.8,  Luke 7. 1-10,  Jn 4.9,  Mt 25.38,  

You have proven your own ignorance on almost every topic.   Every country has borders and exercises the power to decide who can come in.  There is nothing against that in the Bible.  Try again.

27 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

Wow!  Those verses have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of immigration.  Do you just pick verses out of the blue and think you can fool people?

43 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Wow!  Those verses have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of immigration.  Do you just pick verses out of the blue and think you can fool people?

You are the one who is ignorant because you have a false idea of what immigrants are, they are not terrorists who detonate bombs in Syria as you hear in the media but people like us. You are also ignorant of the Bible because, according to Christ, who does not welcome an immigrant, goes to hell:

Mt 25: 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Almost all immigrants can be associated with these people and look at what happens when they are not welcomed:

Mt 25.41 Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Edited by Gaétan

25 minutes ago, Gaétan said:

You are the one who is ignorant because you have a false idea of what immigrants are, they are not terrorists who detonate bombs in Syria as you hear in the media but people like us. You are also ignorant of the Bible because, according to Christ, who does not welcome an immigrant, goes to hell:

Mt 25: 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Almost all immigrants can be associated with these people and look at what happens when they are not welcomed:

Mt 25.41 Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

You are misunderstanding the Bible completely.  Those verses are referring individual charity.  What comes out of your pocket and who you want to bring into your own home.   But that would be dangerous today because of all the criminals. 

It is referring to a personal situation.   A country has to be careful about letting immigrants in as too many or the wrong kind can cause major problems as we see now with the housing crisis.  A nation has a perfect right to have borders and limit and control who comes in.  All countries do this and always have. 

You can invite strangers into your home if you wish, but you cannot use other people's money to bring thousands of immigrants into the country.  That is stealing other people's money.

Contrary to what you said, there are many criminals in other countries that should not be allowed in.  There are also extremists.  There are billions of Muslims in the world and they are totally against western values and Christianity.

Edited by blackbird
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

as too many or the wrong kind can cause major problems as we see now with the housing crisis. 

So the housing crisis is not caused by too many immigrants, too few units built, but too many immigrants of the wrong kind.

Hilarious!

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Who let this cougar guy into Canada anyway?  He is a known sh_t disturber.

Never seen a bigger s*t disturber than you and your pseudo Bible on this board.