Canadian military bases mandate menstruation kits in men’s bathrooms

CdnFox

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The tampons look tailor made for cleaning out gun barrels.

You're supposed to start gagging even thinking about them.
Once on a Buy Scout camp out we borrowed the First Aid kit from the Girl Guides. One guy cut himself badly and there were those old fashioned pads with 9 feet of strapping, thick as seat cushions (could've made a hammock for a puppy), and he refused to allow anyone to dress his wound with one. A real man, he was.

3 minutes ago, herbie said:

You're supposed to start gagging even thinking about them.

Funny you should mention that, we pumped out our septic tank just the other day. Never mind the confusion that seems to exist in the minds of men about the topic of tampons what about women? We have a little sign on the wall in the bathroom of our bnb that says what not to put into the toilet and we even provide dainty little pink bags for them to make where to dispose of certain things even more obvious but there'll always be a few who don't get it. My wife even insisted on little paper bags to put the pink bags into for even greater discretion. Thank god they don't try to flush all that down the toilet too.

Once on a Buy Scout camp out we borrowed the First Aid kit from the Girl Guides. One guy cut himself badly and there were those old fashioned pads with 9 feet of strapping, thick as seat cushions (could've made a hammock for a puppy), and he refused to allow anyone to dress his wound with one. A real man, he was.

Well, gays that have stayed with us seem to get it, they've used the little pink bags to dispose of their necessities.

Do they have signage and little pink bags in military bathrooms?  Knowing how the government works they'll probably wait until toilets start overflowing. It rarely seems to think these sorts of things through.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

WTF are you talking about pretending, you're the one imagining things.

It's what you're doing. Your feigning shock and horror at the idea that someone would suggest that a male bathroom to be used by males exists. Ohhh the horror of such an idea!!!!

Or should I just point out you usual habit when you're incapable of discussion of lying and claiming people stated whatever you claim they did?

Yeah, that doesn't happen but nice attempt to cover up your own dishonest by claiming others do it :)  Very left wing of you.

BTW they'gonna be in all federal men's bathrooms soon, and for FREE. Now you can whine how women get things free but men don't and that's discrimination. Even though you can use the pads as bandages and the tampons top plug the bullet holes

Right - and you feel that this will be a use of them that happens often enough to justify it? I'd suggest if there's that many bullet holes appearing in federal washrooms there's other steps we should be taking :)

FFS 'social norms' like your wife has to have a separate bathroom or if you're in the Army you gotta shower & share the shitter with openly gay guys?

Soooooooo... you appear to have lost the power of coherent thought.  In your mad dash to try to defend the indefensible and attack others before you're forced to deal with their common sense you've started blurting nonsense.  If my wife has to have a seperate bathroom then i have to shit with openly gay guys?  Ummm - honestly not sure how to even respond.  I would suggest that if i'm in the army my wife's preferences for bathrooms probably won't play a significant role in who i have to shower with.

Social norms change in case you haven't noticed. And in a democracy they always will no matter what blockhead you vote for.

Oh - so does that mean you're fine with it if we make being gay illegal?  :)   change is not always good

And in any case change should always be respectful of others. Sudden changes that don't take into account the social customs of others can have bad results even if the intent is good. Ask the first nations about  that.

You're a mess kid. The fact you reply with anger and hatred to legitimate concerns is a sure sign you know you're in the wrong. You can't even have a civil discussion about it because then you'd have to deal with facts and reason and that just doesn't work for your position does it.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Reality is stranger than any dystopian novel or movie that's ever been produced. Reality has been stranger than fiction forever.

No, that's not accurate of course. Your PERSONAL reality might be different but reality itself isn't actually stranger than fiction by and large.

And now there are a few more, a reality you people seem to need medication to get over.  Lay off the LSD and try mushrooms maybe.

LOL is that what you feel worked for you? Explains a lot actually.....

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

reality itself isn't actually stranger than fiction by and large.

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it's because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn't.”

Mark Twain

There's even proof. 

BIZARRE FACTS THAT PROVE REALITY IS STRANGER THAN FICTION

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/42-incredibly-weird-facts-youll-want-to-tell-people-down-the

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

“Truth is stranger than fiction, but it's because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn't.”

Mark Twain

Yeah, people love to say that. He's wrong of course. :)

And if you think that fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities i would invite you to read the liberal policy palatform. :)  

There's even proof. 

BIZARRE FACTS THAT PROVE REALITY IS STRANGER THAN FICTION

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/42-incredibly-weird-facts-youll-want-to-tell-people-down-the

Yeah none of that is stranger than fiction.   If you wanted to point to something that was truly stranger than fiction you should have offered yourself as an example, you're definitely a little stranger than fiction OR reality is usually :) 

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sez you, maybe - $10 says you've expediently used the phrase yourself if/when it lent itself to some point or another of your's, but I'll bite. Who else sez he's wrong?

Pretty much everybody. As evidenced by the fact the phrase is only used to highlight when something weird happens that's not fictional.  It's a cute phrase that basically means the exception proves the rule.  In fact, if truth were stranger than fiction it would be self evident and the phrase would not exist. For example, nobody says 'well you know what they say, the sun is hotter than a campfire".    Yeah  - everyone can see that so it's not worth saying :)

The more colloquial reference is "you can't write this stuff" or "you can't make this stuff up".  Well of course you can.

Medium sized stuff teddybears fending off vastly technologically superior forces by swinging on ropes while an emperor uses a strange power called the force to fight with laser-swords.   A spaceship that's powered by improbability, so if you want to go somewhere really weird you just have to put in the canada revenue help line phone number and that might turn out to be what it's actually for as it's useless for everything else. How about the idea of a bolzmann brain?  All stranger than reality.

The problem is  - you have a very limited imagination.  Because you can't think creatively or imaginatively you BELIEVE that fiction can't be very strange.  It can.  But hey - so long and thanks for all the fish :) 

25 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Pretty much everybody....

Cite. Surely amongst pretty much everybody there must be someone of literary repute who has argued Twain was wrong and staked their reputation on it.

It's a cute phrase that basically means the exception proves the rule. 

Twain himself said it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn't, not what you said.

Reality is being stuck, often painfully, with the truth.  Fiction is the salve that makes it feel better. 

53 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

So a transgender male will never use the men’s washroom?

Single person washrooms solve this.  If we’re going to decide that as a society there’s a physical threshold past which one changes sex under the law, shouldn’t that threshold be one in which menstruation is no longer possible, as menstruation is a defining characteristic of women between certain ages?  If a woman is serious about becoming a man, wouldn’t she get a hysterectomy?

I’m not advocating for hysterectomies or sex changes.  I’m saying that if we’re going to claim that sex change is possible under the law, with all attendant rights of the newly assigned gender, one must commit and transition in ways that aren’t superficial.  That’s assuming that one can transition to such an essential degree.  This procedure is heavily dependent on pharmaceuticals and surgical technology.  It raises big ethical questions that detransitioners are demonstrating in their seriously impacted lives.

These are not little moves.  Similarly, it’s not a little move for a man to slap on makeup, declare himself a woman, and enter women’s bathrooms, change rooms, and sports. There must be thresholds that recognize the significance of such life choices before rights are granted.  From a medical ethics perspective, let alone a religious one, altering one’s natural body so radically is quite an act, one that even science may not be able to abide no matter how developed our biotech becomes. The belief in a distinction between biological sex and gender has opened up questions and contradictions that require compromises that may be impossible for some to make without tyrannical policy and enforcement.

A high threshold must be reached in transition before the rights of the assumed gender can be recognized.  It will still be rather arbitrary and opposed by many, but it would make a more persuasive case.

Be careful what you wish for, because along with recognizing the rights of a technologically modified gender, we would open the door to recognizing all manner of technological entities.  That’s the slippery slope of transgender, that it’s one aspect of transhumanism.  We enter the era of cyborgs and androids, all demanding rights and all acquiring abilities that could put natural humans well down the dominance hierarchy pecking order in society.

Don’t believe me?  Watch what unfolds in coming decades.  You won’t know what hit you. Without inserting guardrails soon, there may be no going back. It could be very dystopian to say the least.

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Cite.

I asked them all except a few. Prove me wrong :)

Surely amongst pretty much everybody there must be someone of literary repute who has argued Twain was wrong and staked their reputation on it.

Nope.

Twain himself said it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn't, not what you said.

And he was wrong.  He was a comedian.  He said things that people found funny.  For example - i find it funny that you're taking what a comedian said as the basis of your understanding of reality :) 

Reality is being stuck, often painfully, with the truth.  Fiction is the salve that makes it feel better. 

It just isn't. 1984 didn't make people feel better. stephen king wrote very few books that made people feel better.

Lord of the flies, clockwork orange, animal farm, handmaiden's tale,  etc etc etc.  Fiction is often far more disturbing that reality.  Like i said - you just have a very very limited imagination. Apparently haven't read much either :)

Fiction has zero requirements to stick to what's possible. It constantly does not.  At all. 

I'm afraid that this particular statement of Twain's was....  a bit of a fiction :)   How strange.

All right, I'll stop. Like this was only posted to drum up the rage of the Archie Bunkers on the site and I'm guilty of trolling them too.

So what if there's free rags & plugs in the Mens room? So what? Who cares?
So what if there's a trannY in the washroom, they'll be in a stall not showing off their mangles mass of meat and stitches excuse for a dick to you. You only have to maybe wash up in the next sink.

\f stuff like that really bothers you, hold it til you get home. And hope there's not an old Maxipad hanging out the bathroom garbage can....

Edited by herbie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, herbie said:

I don't think anyone actually cares. I know I don't. 

I think where the divide happens, is Trudeau comes across as a disappointed father, when he takes a tone almost as to scolding us for not being inclusive enough, when adding pads to men's washrooms.

Calling us trans, biphobic etc if we question the school curriculum.

Wagging the finger at Canadians in desperate need, yet making a parade of how fiercely behind that he is towards this cause literally nobody in Canada has at the front of the mind.

Stand behind their rights.

But to modify language, to appease to a minority, while excluding the majority, makes absolutely no logical sense.

My wife is a menstruating woman. She isn't a menstruating person.

Erasing her, won't make her all that thrilled to support your cause.

She didn't chest feed, she breast fed. Its a slap to the face of women and their rights.

Its deliberately divisive, and shaming people into compliance further strips such people of their rights.

If anyone can't see through what he is actually doing, you're beyond help.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, herbie said:

All right, I'll stop. Like this was only posted to drum up the rage of the Archie Bunkers on the site and I'm guilty of trolling them too.

So what if there's a trannY in the washroom, they'll be in a stall not showing off their mangles mass of meat and stitches excuse for a dick to you. You only have to maybe wash up in the next sink.

\f stuff like that really bothers you, hold it til you get home. And hope there's not an old Maxipad hanging out the bathroom garbage can....

Truth be told we forgot you were still here. :)   anyway - sure.

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sez you...meh.

LOL  :)